Grant's Restaurant and Bar
977 Farmington Ave
West Hartford, CT 06107Neighborhood:
Hartford / West Hartford
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Grant's Restaurant and Bar
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.billygrant.com/
- Phone: 8602361930x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday 11:30am-3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday 5:00pm-10:00pm, Friday & Saturday 5:00pm-11:00pm, Sunday Brunch 10am -3pm Dinner 4:00pm-9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Billy Grant
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wine
- Catering: BG Catering is a blend of the flavors and styles of both Grant's Restaurant and Restaurant Bricco. BG Catering can create the perfect menu for you and your guests. Whether you are looking to pick up your menu selections for your gathering of 25 people or more, or have it fully prepared and served by our staff for your celebration of 40 people or larger, BG Catering could be perfect for you.
A word from Grant's Restaurant and Bar
Chef Owner Billy Grant composes Grant's menu daily, specializing in fresh seafood and quality steaks. Our food style is seasonal American-Mediterranean with flavors of Italy and France. Our refined menu, award winning desserts and popular lounge makes Grants a great restaurant choice for your gathering with colleagues, friends, and relatives.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Grant's Restaurant and Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
97 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (56)special occasion (41)neighborhood gem (40)fit for foodies (40)great for lunch (25)good for groups (24)vibrant bar scene (23)hot spot (21)great for brunch (18)notable wine list (14)romantic (14)late-night find (7)kid-friendly (3)scenic view (2)Show More
- Sunday supper on the patioOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/28/2014Enjoyed a beautiful Sunday evening with great food. The corn chowder was especially delicious. A vegetarian option for soup would be a good addition for those who don't eat meat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Brunch!goodfoodDined on 9/28/2014Great tasting brunch, must try the Lobster burger and shrimp and grits!Special Features:
- Great brunchPaulDined on 9/21/2014The Hartford area doesn't have a lot of great brunch spots, so I was excited to try Grant's. Menu is a good mix of the inventive and the classic, and the quality and service was at the high level of a Billy Grant restaurant. Will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great West Hartford gemBlueBackFanVIPDined on 9/19/2014I'd recommend this restaurant to anyone who's looking for a fun and energetic place. Grant's is usually busy as it's one of the more popular spots in West Hartford. Food was great, service was top notch, look forward to coming back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2014 Meal a WinnerKayamayDined on 9/19/2014We loved the $20.14 three course meal. Excellent, tasty options at a very good price point.Special Features:
- Oppi328VIPDined on 9/17/2014I absolutely loved both the service and the food at Grant's Restaurant! My husband had the kale Caesar salad, and I had an heirloom tomato salad. The tomatoes were so juicy. It was as if they came straight from the farm, and they most likely did! My husband ordered a chicken entrée, and he enjoyed it very much. I had the rack of lamb, and I give it 100 out of 100! I ordered it with mushrooms instead of potatoes. The mushrooms were delicious. I eat out all the time, and I order rack of lamb very often so I really am a good judge. It was a generous portion, it was not too salty, it wasn't too fatty, and it was incredibly flavorful! We highly recommend this restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Local dinerWHdinerDined on 9/17/2014Great food. Special menu was delicious and well worth the time. Great service and place to meet after work. Well worth the traffic on highway to get there at 5:45pSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Grants . Service is a winnerAll4glastonburyVIPDined on 9/17/2014Lunch for three was great, fish tacos are my "go to" - never disappoint. Others had lobster burgers that satisfied - crammed with lobster meat. Our waiter was very knowledgeable and accommodating. Great spot - A place where you can have a nice conversation and not have to yell. Nice.Special Features:
- Always good upscale bistroJudylcVIPDined on 9/16/2014Have been to grants many times. Pricey so often go for special occasions. Went for Taste of Suburbs menu. Our party had appetizers of butternut squash soup, tomato & feta salad. The accompanied rolls were 'the best we ever had' - buttery with sea salt. Entrees of chicken Milanese had good crunchy texture, vegetable risotto with scallops was delicious and the filet mignon was perfectly cooked. Lemon pound cake was both sweet and tart and made for a nice dessert. The food is always simple but very well prepared and presented. Portions are ample but not excessive. Although food is billed as American, ambience and food Feels like an upscale Paris bistro in west Hartford. Always goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, reservations for twoGunslingerDined on 9/16/2014Had important business meeting lunch.....just two of us. Grant's is one of few(maybe only) of nicer places in W. Hartford that woul accept reservation for only two. I had shrimp and grits and other person had chef salad with salmon. Both were great. Service was attentive. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Need to honor my reservationOhioFoodieVIPDined on 9/12/2014Let's start by saying, "I LOVE Grant's!!" I am a very recent foodie transplant from Ohio and have already been to Grant's several times because it is consistently exceptional. Sadly, I encountered my first negative. I made a reservation specifically for the patio, but wasn't told until I got there that they do not honor patio reservations. Bad form Grant's! Do not make your guests with reservations loiter at the front door because of an unknown policy. Wasn't a good way to start my visit with out-of-town guests. Wait at the bar you say...enjoy a drink?...not on a Friday night - they were 3 deep at the bar; couldn't get the attention of a bartender if my hair was on fire.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/12/2014Always a great place to meet up with friends.. Food and service Great!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experienceFoodisgrandDined on 8/31/2014Been going here for years, never disappointed. Steaks cooked to perfection, great selection of beers on tap + a very good wine list. A cozy experience for couples, excellent group seating as well. Brunch is phenomenal. My go-to restaurant in WeHa.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- high quality, varied menucoffeeDined on 8/30/2014Grant's is a high-end restaurant with very creative dishes (for the foodie in us) but also had some less complicated dishes for people who are looking for more straightforward presentation (namely our picky 14-year-old). The atmosphere is just right---not imposing (for families) but definitely "special"-feeling. It was a great choice for we parents and our teenagers; however, much younger children were there too. Great dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved itSeanCDined on 8/30/2014One of my favorite restaurants. Good steak and seafood. Always something on the menu that I will enjoy, whether it's fish, steak, or something a little different.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- just fair this timeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/26/2014We've been going to Grants for years for special occasions. Last night, the experience was just fair, rather than the typical excellent. The entrees were not as good as in the past and the service was sub par. However, the appetizers and desserts were very good. It was not worth the high pricing.
- DisappointedeosccVIPDined on 8/24/2014Our party of four arrive at Grant's at 5pm and were promptly seated. When our server came to us he announced that the advertised lobster special desert from ice cream sundae. A few minutes later he returned to tell us that they had run out of lobsters. This was at 5:45 PM. How do you advertise a special and then not have two of the three dinner items? The food that we ordered was good, but our server appeared to be underwhelming. This is the second time that I have felt disappointed with my experience at Grant's. I will probably not go for a third try.Special Features:
- Good but Expected BetterOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014Bread and corn chowder yum....lobster watery and over cooked. The sundae was delicious...Staff was helpful and service very good. One lobster was replaced and the new one was better.Special Features:
- Great Experience all-aroundOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/23/2014Went there on a Saturday night an dined outside. The food was great, the service was very good. We weren't rushed. Price was very good for the meal. I would definitely go again.Special Features:
- AnavVIPDined on 8/22/2014Everything was good but not great. As one can expect some things were very good others not close.
- always greatoutstandingVIPDined on 8/21/2014Always a great meal and excellent service!! I love the greek salad and adding salmon as the entree. The wait staff are always helpful and attentive. The atmosphere is pleasant and I love the restaurant decor since it was renovated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- danny4Dined on 8/16/2014Great food and service our waitress Jessica was phenomenal A well-managed restaurantSpecial Features:
- foodbtblhbDined on 8/16/2014Love the ambiance- good music, service was great grilled oyster and crab cakes were very good however the ny strip was charred, I guess the cook wanted ensure that it was well done, well it was DONE mac & cheese was dry but tasty great key lime cheese cake and chocolate lava cake!Special Features:
- Enjoyable experienceplhall27Dined on 8/12/2014Our party of three sat in a wonderfully roomy booth and enjoyed delicious food! The food choices were plenteous; the service from beginning to end was just right.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TrixieVIPDined on 8/11/2014The bartender on duty the night we were there was so busy! But he was terrific! Then we sat down outside for dinner and had a wonderful meal! Can't wait to return!!Special Features:
- Great placeLuv2EatOutDined on 8/6/2014The service is very good. There is a variety of options to suit most people. Food is visually appealing and tastes just as good. It was, however, disappointing that at 12noon the waiter told us they were out of an entree.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Memorable dinner!businesstravelorDined on 8/5/2014Entertained clients, quiet, comfortable, excellent service, excellent food. Best scallops that I have ever had served over sweet corn and polenta. I highly recommend Grants. I have never filled out a review on a restaurant before. I had to do it for Grants. Using Open Table made my job of entertaining clients very easy. After making reservations I was able to easily forward them to my clients.Special Features:
- Luv2eatgourmetDined on 8/2/2014We had the three course lobster special that they were offering that evening and every course was exceptionally good.Special Features:
- Great placeStellarDined on 8/1/2014From the service to the food this place is 5 stars hands down. They gave us complementary glasses of champagne for our anniversary and dessert. Wait staff was attentive and very friendly. Food melted in your mouth and was worth every penny. Kudos to Managment and higher.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never DisappointingEskimo67Dined on 7/22/2014I've never had a bad meal or bad experience while dining at Grant's. It's a little on the pricey-side but worth every dime for the great tasting food and the bistro-style atmosphere. Try it out, you won't be disappointed.Special Features:
- HuskyVIPDined on 7/21/2014Grant's food is always good but the service has slipped since I was last there. The outside dining area needs upgarding as the slope makes some tables uncomfortableSpecial Features:
- LovelyKCalDined on 7/20/2014Although strange because it was practically empty, we had a very nice dinner at Grant's. Service was perfect, food was excellent. Drinks were interesting and good. Ambiance was also interesting. Very comfortable-seating and temperature.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A winning experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/19/2014Food and service were excellent! Visiting family new to the area but saw the menu which reminded us of one of our go to Boston favorites, Eastern Standard, near Fenway Park. One of our party ordered the nightly special which was prime rib...she was favorably impressed ....meat prepared perfectly ! Burgers for others and pan seared salmon was moist and delicious. Tomato Burrata Salad was Devine! Sure to return as this place has superb quality and service was extraordinary!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/18/2014Food was mediocre and it seems to be going downhill. Worse yet is the transition from a high-end restaurant to a nightclub catering to college kids. I don't expect to go to a classy restaurant and then have waitstaff seat a thug with a tight tank top and boxers hanging out because the pants are riding the hips. Suffice it to say that our experience went from bad to miserable. Management needs to re-think its menu and really determine whether it wants to be a boisterous college bar or a classy restaurant. The only saving grace was our server. I'm giving up on this place.
- Sunday BrunchfantasticDined on 7/13/2014During the summer, we look for Sunday brunches with outdoor dining and, having been to Grant's for dinner on Father's Day, decided to try their interesting menu. We were not disappointed. Upon arriving, our request for outdoors was mentioned and we were seated immediately. The service was efficient, the food excellent (the menu supposedly changes weekly). We were servede promptly - when the food was ready and hot and were allowed to linger over coffee. The noise level would have been moderate except for a party of six that were viositing but it was not unpleasant. We'd go again.Special Features:
- Nice Neighboyhood outdoor diningglazedonutVIPDined on 7/11/2014We always enjoy the ding experience at Grants. Food is very good and nice outdoor seating experience. Mussels are always good, I had the Halibut, beautiful presentation, a tiny bit bland and a bit dry, but ok.. My husband had the pork chop, which was wonderful and I had a fabulous coconut cream pie for dessert that was out of this world!! Overall, nice area restaurant to dine!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New MenuAnneDined on 7/8/2014Grant's is consistently good. I noticed a new menu, which was very nice, and kept some of the best dishes (Idaho trout). I was less impressed with the new wines though. Good service as always.Special Features:
- good food, meh drinksOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/21/2014loved the food but was very disappointed in the dirty martini - too much vermouth and not shaken/emulsified. a standard drink shouldn't be hard to master...
- Wonderful Father's Day BrunchRoeyDined on 6/15/2014I have been to Grants several times, but never for brunch. We brought dad there for Father's Day brunch, all 6 of us loved our food and great cocktails too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- gamiDined on 6/11/2014As usual the trout was exceptional. The pork chop was humongous and the scallops were demolished in a flash.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.