Grant's Restaurant and Bar
977 Farmington Ave
West Hartford, CT 06107Neighborhood:
Hartford / West Hartford
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Grant's Restaurant and Bar
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.billygrant.com/
- Phone: 8602361930x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday 11:30am-3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday 5:00pm-10:00pm, Friday & Saturday 5:00pm-11:00pm, Sunday Brunch 10am -3pm Dinner 4:00pm-9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Billy Grant
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wine
- Catering: BG Catering is a blend of the flavors and styles of both Grant's Restaurant and Restaurant Bricco. BG Catering can create the perfect menu for you and your guests. Whether you are looking to pick up your menu selections for your gathering of 25 people or more, or have it fully prepared and served by our staff for your celebration of 40 people or larger, BG Catering could be perfect for you.
A word from Grant's Restaurant and Bar
Chef Owner Billy Grant composes Grant's menu daily, specializing in fresh seafood and quality steaks. Our food style is seasonal American-Mediterranean with flavors of Italy and France. Our refined menu, award winning desserts and popular lounge makes Grants a great restaurant choice for your gathering with colleagues, friends, and relatives.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
Grant's Restaurant and Bar - Best Restaurants in Hartford / West Hartford ›
Grant's Restaurant and Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
110 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (63)special occasion (58)fit for foodies (42)neighborhood gem (40)vibrant bar scene (34)great for lunch (33)great for brunch (30)good for groups (30)hot spot (24)romantic (22)notable wine list (15)late-night find (9)kid-friendly (5)scenic view (1)Show More
- just fair this timeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/26/2014We've been going to Grants for years for special occasions. Last night, the experience was just fair, rather than the typical excellent. The entrees were not as good as in the past and the service was sub par. However, the appetizers and desserts were very good. It was not worth the high pricing.
- DisappointedeosccVIPDined on 8/24/2014Our party of four arrive at Grant's at 5pm and were promptly seated. When our server came to us he announced that the advertised lobster special desert from ice cream sundae. A few minutes later he returned to tell us that they had run out of lobsters. This was at 5:45 PM. How do you advertise a special and then not have two of the three dinner items? The food that we ordered was good, but our server appeared to be underwhelming. This is the second time that I have felt disappointed with my experience at Grant's. I will probably not go for a third try.Special Features:
- Good but Expected BetterOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014Bread and corn chowder yum....lobster watery and over cooked. The sundae was delicious...Staff was helpful and service very good. One lobster was replaced and the new one was better.Special Features:
- Great Experience all-aroundOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/23/2014Went there on a Saturday night an dined outside. The food was great, the service was very good. We weren't rushed. Price was very good for the meal. I would definitely go again.Special Features:
- AnavVIPDined on 8/22/2014Everything was good but not great. As one can expect some things were very good others not close.
- always greatoutstandingVIPDined on 8/21/2014Always a great meal and excellent service!! I love the greek salad and adding salmon as the entree. The wait staff are always helpful and attentive. The atmosphere is pleasant and I love the restaurant decor since it was renovated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- danny4Dined on 8/16/2014Great food and service our waitress Jessica was phenomenal A well-managed restaurantSpecial Features:
- foodbtblhbDined on 8/16/2014Love the ambiance- good music, service was great grilled oyster and crab cakes were very good however the ny strip was charred, I guess the cook wanted ensure that it was well done, well it was DONE mac & cheese was dry but tasty great key lime cheese cake and chocolate lava cake!Special Features:
- Enjoyable experienceplhall27Dined on 8/12/2014Our party of three sat in a wonderfully roomy booth and enjoyed delicious food! The food choices were plenteous; the service from beginning to end was just right.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TrixieVIPDined on 8/11/2014The bartender on duty the night we were there was so busy! But he was terrific! Then we sat down outside for dinner and had a wonderful meal! Can't wait to return!!Special Features:
- Great placeLuv2EatOutDined on 8/6/2014The service is very good. There is a variety of options to suit most people. Food is visually appealing and tastes just as good. It was, however, disappointing that at 12noon the waiter told us they were out of an entree.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Memorable dinner!businesstravelorDined on 8/5/2014Entertained clients, quiet, comfortable, excellent service, excellent food. Best scallops that I have ever had served over sweet corn and polenta. I highly recommend Grants. I have never filled out a review on a restaurant before. I had to do it for Grants. Using Open Table made my job of entertaining clients very easy. After making reservations I was able to easily forward them to my clients.Special Features:
- Luv2eatgourmetDined on 8/2/2014We had the three course lobster special that they were offering that evening and every course was exceptionally good.Special Features:
- Great placeStellarDined on 8/1/2014From the service to the food this place is 5 stars hands down. They gave us complementary glasses of champagne for our anniversary and dessert. Wait staff was attentive and very friendly. Food melted in your mouth and was worth every penny. Kudos to Managment and higher.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never DisappointingEskimo67Dined on 7/22/2014I've never had a bad meal or bad experience while dining at Grant's. It's a little on the pricey-side but worth every dime for the great tasting food and the bistro-style atmosphere. Try it out, you won't be disappointed.Special Features:
- HuskyVIPDined on 7/21/2014Grant's food is always good but the service has slipped since I was last there. The outside dining area needs upgarding as the slope makes some tables uncomfortableSpecial Features:
- LovelyKCalDined on 7/20/2014Although strange because it was practically empty, we had a very nice dinner at Grant's. Service was perfect, food was excellent. Drinks were interesting and good. Ambiance was also interesting. Very comfortable-seating and temperature.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A winning experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/19/2014Food and service were excellent! Visiting family new to the area but saw the menu which reminded us of one of our go to Boston favorites, Eastern Standard, near Fenway Park. One of our party ordered the nightly special which was prime rib...she was favorably impressed ....meat prepared perfectly ! Burgers for others and pan seared salmon was moist and delicious. Tomato Burrata Salad was Devine! Sure to return as this place has superb quality and service was extraordinary!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/18/2014Food was mediocre and it seems to be going downhill. Worse yet is the transition from a high-end restaurant to a nightclub catering to college kids. I don't expect to go to a classy restaurant and then have waitstaff seat a thug with a tight tank top and boxers hanging out because the pants are riding the hips. Suffice it to say that our experience went from bad to miserable. Management needs to re-think its menu and really determine whether it wants to be a boisterous college bar or a classy restaurant. The only saving grace was our server. I'm giving up on this place.
- Sunday BrunchfantasticDined on 7/13/2014During the summer, we look for Sunday brunches with outdoor dining and, having been to Grant's for dinner on Father's Day, decided to try their interesting menu. We were not disappointed. Upon arriving, our request for outdoors was mentioned and we were seated immediately. The service was efficient, the food excellent (the menu supposedly changes weekly). We were servede promptly - when the food was ready and hot and were allowed to linger over coffee. The noise level would have been moderate except for a party of six that were viositing but it was not unpleasant. We'd go again.Special Features:
- Nice Neighboyhood outdoor diningglazedonutVIPDined on 7/11/2014We always enjoy the ding experience at Grants. Food is very good and nice outdoor seating experience. Mussels are always good, I had the Halibut, beautiful presentation, a tiny bit bland and a bit dry, but ok.. My husband had the pork chop, which was wonderful and I had a fabulous coconut cream pie for dessert that was out of this world!! Overall, nice area restaurant to dine!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New MenuAnneDined on 7/8/2014Grant's is consistently good. I noticed a new menu, which was very nice, and kept some of the best dishes (Idaho trout). I was less impressed with the new wines though. Good service as always.Special Features:
- good food, meh drinksOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/21/2014loved the food but was very disappointed in the dirty martini - too much vermouth and not shaken/emulsified. a standard drink shouldn't be hard to master...
- Wonderful Father's Day BrunchRoeyDined on 6/15/2014I have been to Grants several times, but never for brunch. We brought dad there for Father's Day brunch, all 6 of us loved our food and great cocktails too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- gamiDined on 6/11/2014As usual the trout was exceptional. The pork chop was humongous and the scallops were demolished in a flash.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food & Good Seat!OhioFoodieVIPDined on 6/7/2014I enjoyed the patio seating during the West Hartford Celebration. The food was delicious...even my picky teen was impressed.Special Features:
- First visit-won't be the last!huskyDined on 6/1/2014Great selection of appetizers to start with. Try the scallops and the trout - superb! Be sure to save room for the homemade ice cream! Attentive and friendly staff. Glad we discovered this great restaurant!Special Features:
- Very goodpdl9Dined on 5/18/2014Went for post-graduation Sunday lunch/brunch. Took a little while to be greeted after seating but after that service was attentive. Food was very good, and reasonable, especially for West Hartford. Would go back.Special Features:
- High price ok food and too loud!FunwithfoodDined on 5/16/2014Went for bday and hadn't been in 10 years. Love bricco's in Glastonbury. Very disappointed. Bar scene was so hopping we couldn't hear each other at our own table. If you come for dinner make sure you sit in back. Food was good but not great. Very buttery and salty but tasty because of that. Service was not high end but the price sure was. I would come back for the bar scene only on a Friday or Saturday night. They stuck a candle in a piece of cake that they charged us for my husbands birthday. On a $200 tab they could have done better.Special Features:
- ImpressedCTJohnVIPDined on 5/11/2014I've thought Grant's has slipped from it's "top of the area" status after its opening, but was pleasantly surprised by the quality of the food this time. We had seared tuna, short ribs, and shared a kale salad (trendy!) All were very tasty, and I'd recommend them. Bring your big wallet, you'll need it.Special Features:
- Great food, Great Service!goodfoodDined on 5/11/2014The food is outstanding and the service and very professional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Mothers Day BrunchWHDinerDined on 5/11/2014We had a great Mother's Day brunch. The food was delicious and service was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Limited menu optionsKhrystynaDined on 5/10/2014Really good restaurant with a nice decor. Wine was really good as well. One of downsides is limited menu for vegetarians. I did found some options from side dishes and salad, but I really want to see more variety.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SandyShoreDined on 5/7/2014For the first time in the many years I've been going to Grants, the service was very, very, slow. It was as if they forgot about us. I think it has somehting to do with the time we were there, 2:30pm. Overall, Grants, is the ultimate dining experience.Special Features:
- Top notchWatsoDined on 5/3/2014Consistently at the top of their game. Great specials as well as standard fare you can rely on time and time again. Love the trout with lentils.Special Features:
- Definately Visit againOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/2/2014Had a client lunch meeting at Grants. Very good service and great food. Would definitely do it again .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 899 reviews are from the Grant's Restaurant and Bar reviews archive.
- Special occasion, special treatmentYumMeDined on 4/27/2014My husband and I had a wonderful experience for our 29th anniversary. We had reservations, on a Sunday evening, and a requested table was ready for us. Upon entering, we were greeted by a gentleman who wished us a happy anniversary. Another (water?) did the same. Our waitress, Kelly, was terrific and constantly checked on us but kept her distance. We had a complimentary glass of champagne and we partook of the 50% off bottle of wine. We shared a chopped salad and it was still plentiful. The filet mignons were cooked to order, the accompany vegetables were great supplements and the shared apple cobbler? With ice cream was delicious.Special Features:
- A must for special guestsMoozerDined on 4/26/2014Always reliable, fresh and interesting. A family favorite... why 4 stars? The bar scene and noise has overtaken the fine dining. The food is still delicious, the staff terrific but it's tough to hear a conversation and just relax. Not sure why it's so hip to have bare floors and windows, no sound absorbers in restaurants now???Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eat2muchDined on 4/26/2014We were celebrating two birthdays, we had a great table, and the food was fabulous. Their shrimp cocktail was the best I have had, and all of our steaks were perfect and tender. Loved it.Special Features:
- Always good ...BMFplfDined on 4/25/2014Always good ... always like it there. the food never disappoints. Service is always just right. Getting a table away from the bar area changes the whole experience from energetis to more relaxing.Special Features: