21 Greenwich Ave
New York, NY 10014Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.granonyc.com/
- Phone: 2126452121
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11:30am - 3:30pm; Lunch: Monday - Friday: 12:00pm - 3:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:30pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Maurizio Crescenzo
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Grano Trattoria is the perfect place to host your special celebration. Whether you are planning a brunch, cocktail party or sit-down dinner, our chef, Maurizio Crescenza, will work with you to create a customized menu sure to delight you and your guests.
- Private Party Contact: Maurizio Crescenzo 2126452121
A word from Grano Trattoria
Welcome to Grano Trattoria, a charming Italian restaurant in the heart of Greenwich Village, where you can enjoy lunch and dinner seven days a week. Whether you are looking for a romantic dinner for two, a private party or a catered event, chef Maurizio Crescenzo will provide you with an unforgettable dining experience. Enjoy our unique handmade pastas, scrumptious pizzas from our woodburning oven, and seasonal specials of seafood, poultry, meat and game that keep Grano a local favorite.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Grano Trattoria - Best Restaurants in Greenwich Village ›
Grano Trattoria reviews from OpenTable diners
18 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (8)fit for foodies (4)romantic (4)special occasion (3)good for groups (2)great for lunch (1)hot spot (1)notable wine list (1)late-night find (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Awesome service and great food.CAG33Dined on 9/28/2014A littles distracted by the crowd across the street at Rosemary's. Thought we were in the wrong place until the food arrived. It was a great dinning experience and quieter and less expensive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FORGET ABOUT ITLarryVIPDined on 9/15/2014If you're looking for good Italian in the West Village don't bother to come here. The special appetizer of salad with smoked trout in a parmesan basket turned out to be tasteless tidbits of smoked something, maybe pork, in yesterday's salad, in a limp, cheesey styrafoam basket. The risotto in squid ink reaked more of the black lagoon than the ocean. The chewy pizza was underdone with more leftovers sprinkled on top. The waiter was really pleasant; get a job someplace else before this place folds.
- Nice spot but only OK foodBartonKeyesVIPDined on 9/5/2014We recently moved to the neighborhood and liked the look of this place--seemed like a friendly neighborhood Italian. We were right that the space is nice and the service friendly, but unfortunately we didn't find the food to be great: a pizza was fine, but a steak was overcooked and dry (ordered medium but came at least medium-well), while a pasta was very oily. Plus the restaurant's way of compensating for the rent of the area is by skimping on portions: a Caesar salad was tiny, as were the glasses of wine; I'd prefer to pay a little more to get a little more. So while I hate to disappoint the staff, who are very nice, I don't think we'll be coming back soon.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/26/2014This upbeat Village restaurants is a great find. It offers well prepared food with moderate tabs with attentive service. Our new favorite place, thank you!Special Features:
- Solid food and serviceHappycookerDined on 8/18/2014Enjoyable meal and service in a friendly, warm atmosphereI would recommend this to a friend.
- Hardest working Owner in NYPeterDined on 8/15/2014Maurizio is the hardest working restauranteur in the city. His food is outstanding. We arrived at 5:30 pm to our 5:15 pm reservation.....not a problem and your son called as he will be later with the wife and baby. This is like going to an uncles for dinner. The food and service are impeccable. Highest recommendation and marks.Great Italian food prepared with traditional overtones but with special modern flair. Everyone is treated as special in this beautiful G.Village gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodLuv2dineVIPDined on 7/21/2014Grano's quality of food has remained consistent over the years. The space accommodated a party of 8 for a special occasion and the service was Excellent!Special Features:
- Nice find !GeorgiaDined on 7/16/2014Really enjoyed the food and wine. Great atmosphere and very friendly service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So happy to discover this placeEnglishPaulDined on 7/7/2014A work colleague introduced me to this place and I'm incredibly happy he did. The food is superb, the service attentive but not overbearing and the wine list (and suggestions) wonderful. Can't recommend Grano Trattoria enough.Special Features:
- The following 229 reviews are from the Grano Trattoria reviews archive.
- Service Terribly DisappointingGrumpyCatDined on 6/21/2014Our waiter came across as disinterested and disengaged. I think he was watching World Cup in the back. My cocktail order was messed up, and, toward the latter part of the meal, he rarely stopped by the table. My friend and I ate pasta, but we were not offered parmesan or ground pepper, though I noticed that it was offered to other tables. One of the waiter's colleagues, who was very nice, eventually picked up the slack. The poor service was really a shame because the food was quite good.
- Excellent ItalianPmagVIPDined on 6/12/2014Had dinner here for the first time. Gnocchi was excellent. Pizza was as well. Salads were fresh and the service was warm and efficient.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointingPeterDined on 5/6/2014Nice varied menu and the wait staff attentive until the room is at capacity. Enjoy it more a lunches than dinner as staff not as taxed.Special Features:
- Fantastic!Luv2dineVIPDined on 4/28/2014The food and service never change each time I dine at Grano. The food quality and preparation are excellent and the service is outstanding. Mauricio, the owner and chef, is readily available to greet you at your table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciouskatybDined on 4/11/2014We had the salad contadina, the black linguine with seafood and the mushroom and wild boar pasta for dinner. All three were delicious with the wild boar pasta the standout. We also tried the tiramisu and the pannacotta for dessert, again north were fantastic. I will definitely go to this restaurant again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A night in the VillagekatydidDined on 4/10/2014A great restaurant. Walked around the village for a couple hours and then enjoyed a relaxing dinner with excellent food. Very friendly staff and owner was also cordial to all the locals. We were out of towners but felt very welcomed.Special Features:
- nice dependable italiannewyorkerVIPDined on 3/21/2014plenty of options for everyones taste - both in food and wine. salads and pasta's all terific. pizza looked good too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Corner of Sophisticated and Yummy!kwfgdfDined on 3/21/2014On entering this attractive corner restaurant in the Village, the first thing you notice is the wonderful aroma from the food cooking in the wood oven. (Our terrific waiter said that of all the restaurants he's worked in, this one smells the best by far!) The place was only half full when we arrived at 8:15 on a Friday, but was packed by the time we left. The noise level increased, obviously, but never to the level of "din." The varied menu gives you lots of options, from quick small meals like pizzas to the usual 3-course spread. The food was ample and oh so delicious. This chef is clearly creative and gifted.Special Features:
- Authentic ItalianFoodieVIPDined on 3/18/2014I almost feel like keeping this restaurant my secret. It's one of the best Italian restaurants in NYC. The pasta is fresh, and the specials vary daily.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice dinner there on Saturday.PattyADined on 3/15/2014Nice dinner there on Saturday. Only suggestion would be slightly larger portions. Although food was good, we were still hungry after.Special Features:
- Great timeLizzWVIPDined on 3/9/2014We went here after a matinee in the Village and it was about 4:30. They were very gracious even though we were very early for a 5 PM reservation. They had just finished Sunday brunch and the staff was eating, but they were warm and welcoming. We had a coupon for Prosecco and ordered a pizza to eat while they set up for dinner. Then had four pastas that we shared. All were delicious. The bar is small, but got busy and people at at it and the small counter nearby. There is a front area and a back area near the kitchen. The chef is the owner and seems to be there all of the time. Definitely recommend.Special Features:
- Cozy Italian in WestvillageFoodieVIPDined on 2/22/2014The only regret I had was, that they ran out of the Lasagna early in the evening, and we just got the last one of the salmon specials. But it shows that everything is fresh. The food was delicious, the service very accommodating, and they didn't rush us out once we were done dining. I also highly recommend their sister restaurant "Taverna di Bacco" on the LES.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great pasta, warm welcomeLuluDined on 1/31/2014A comfortable, unpretentious find. Nice menu. Pasta had to be homemade. Great service and genuine friendliness from owner and staff. Reasonable prices. My new go-to Italian place in the West Village.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/7/2014Been coming here for years. Consistently good food. Excellent, reasonably priced wines. Moderately priced. Great location and ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Homey ItlalianOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 1/7/2014Loved this place! Service was great and the food was hearty and comforting on a cold night. Not too expensive. Overall really good!Special Features:
- We've been to Grano a fewFacemanDined on 1/4/2014We've been to Grano a few times. As usual, we found the food to be very good as was the service. We didn't have to wait for our table and we will visit this "neighborhood gem" again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent service - great fooddandelionDined on 12/12/2013very congenial neighborhood place - back room good for more quiet conversations - service was not rushed once we explained we were there for catching up conversation - have been many times and expect to return - a "count on" restaurantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden Gem7777777VIPDined on 12/3/2013Not your typical overpriced NY restaurant. Fair prices and great food. Owner is from Naples (yes Italy). If you are looking for a neighborhood feel to a restaurnat with great food then try this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never DisappointsOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 11/18/2013I love Grano! Always delicious, always friendly and excellent service. Nothing pretentious about it. Just quality food in a most pleasant setting.Special Features:
- Special CelebrationNicholasDined on 10/18/2013We took a chance on this restaurant to celebrate an anniversary and an engagement - it was the best evening. Our waitress was incredibly attentive and the food was awesome. We were so happy with everything that night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A lovely quiet spotSamUKSaysVIPDined on 10/14/2013Grano Trattoria is a lovely quiet spot in a busy neighborhood on Greenwich Avenue. The restaurant was quiet but the food was delicious and the service was really attentive. I'd definitely return if in the area and looking for a nice meal.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Italian foodJanDVIPDined on 10/8/2013This place more than holds its own in the West Village where Italian food abounds. The pizza was excellent. There was some confusion re a dish that was supposed to come with eel and didn't but the very charming chef came over to straighten it out. The noise level was high on a week-night so I'd definitely avoid it on weekends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great neighborhood ItaliandonniebnycDined on 9/29/2013The food is great. The only quibble is that the gnocchi was a little softer than I like it. The service is friendly and attentive without being overdone. You won't be disappointed here.Special Features:
- pleasant in every way. a slightscribaDined on 9/28/2013pleasant in every way. a slight feeling of rush: give your order, get your food, move on. dishes seemed a bit pre-prepared...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful welcoming restaurantLongtimeNewYorkFanDined on 9/23/2013Enjoy really good food in a lovely Greenwich Village atmosphere. I am so tired of restaurants with blaring music - can't hear your dinner companion and spoils the meal. Grano creates a wonderful atmosphere to enjoy you meal as well as the company of those you share it with. Great service. A real gem.Special Features:
- A bit of ItalySharVIPDined on 9/19/2013Ate at this restaurant several years ago right after we came back from Italy. Stumbled cross it on one of our neighborhood walks. Love it. Best pizza outside of Naples! This trip we had pasta and was thrilled to find out they had GLUTEN FREE pasta available. great sauces-MIne was a mushroom and DH was a boar sausage ragu. Wine from Italy topped it off. It is a keeper for us and will recommend it to friends...Special Features:
- Great food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/17/2013The food was great and the staff was attentive without rushing us. Our party of 7 had a wonderful time.Special Features:
- Delicious ItalianOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/14/2013We've been coming to Grano for years and it never disappoints. The artichoke appetizer is a must have. The staff is very friendly and accommodating. Great food, especially the pasta dishes and fish.Special Features:
- OverallOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/6/2013The service was poor and not attentive but I could have overlooked that if the food had been better. The food was average at best.
- Grano is moderately priced.licresidentDined on 7/24/2013Grano is moderately priced. The food is good and the service is pleasant. It's a nice alternative to neighborhood hotspots.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You must go! Incredible food!jcaron2VIPDined on 7/15/2013An absolute hidden gem. We were staying at the dream and another guest recommended Grano. It was a little quiet when we arrived, but the service and food was the best we had in the city. It's on our favs list now. Great meal. The owner and staff are insanely attentive. We felt like we were part of the family. Grazie!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.