23 N. Main Street
Ashland, OR 97520Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.granitetaphouse.com/
- Phone: 5417085055
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday & Wednesday - Sunday: 4:00pm - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Gastro Pub, Contemporary American, Pizzeria
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: Granite Taphouse features a late night menu and provides live entertainment on select evenings.
A word from Granite Taphouse
Granite Taphouse is an upscale casual restaurant and Taphouse, located on the third floor of the historic masonic building on the plaza in Downtown Ashland, Oregon. We feature gourmet quality hand-ground Natural Burgers and handmade Artisan Pizzas using a 150-year old sourdough from Naples, Italy. We also offer a select number of Farm to Fork Entrees, Salads, Soups and homemade Desserts. Granite Taphouse uses only the finest natural, organic, sustainable ingredients whenever possible in each homemade menu item. We offer vegan/gluten free options, as well as a large, vibrant craft beer, wine and cocktail selection at the bar. Customers can purchase craft beers and wines from around the world in Growlers. As well, selections from the blossoming American Whiskey market are available to sample and purchase.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Granite Taphouse - Best Restaurants in Ashland ›
Granite Taphouse reviews from OpenTable diners
16 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.3Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (5)great for lunch (4)vibrant bar scene (3)late-night find (3)fit for foodies (3)kid-friendly (2)great for brunch (2)scenic view (2)hot spot (2)good for groups (2)Show More
- RickVIPDined on 9/18/2014Nice, apparently new, restaurant close to OSF in Ashland. Four of us for lunch this day. Nice menu, good food, tasty, though one meal had to be sent back multiple times to be cooked as requested. And another order only partially filled. Assume this is a new restaurant and they are still working out the kinks. One of the owners came by to explain undercooked meal and tried to make things right, but after 2nd attempt and still not right, any offer was not going to right the wrong. Will try again next time visitng area, hoping that things will be running more smoothly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprise findOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 9/17/2014The house burger was one of the best I've had in years. Excellent choice of beers. Great view of the main square, too.Special Features:
- great casual dining spotlocaldinerDined on 9/14/2014After a long day of driving and ultimately heading for that night's play we chose this restaurant for a relaxing meal.... and it was a good choice. We just shared a pizza and salad which hit the spot and my husband was thrilled with his beer choice - Trumer Pil - now his new favorite! My wine was a tasty Acrobat Pinot. We were a little on the early side so it probably got noisier but when we were there it was quite manageable. It was a fun experience and our server was very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not up to parbearDined on 9/12/2014We had reservations at 5:30. Our service was very slow and unimpressive. The woman did not have the people skills to serve customers. She did not smile or really speak to us. My wife's salad was very uneventful. Expensive for just lettuce and a few tiny peppers and red onions. I did somewhat enjoy my hamburger since it was cooked to my specifications. Very very noisy. Acoustics are not suitable for diners. We sat near the bar and the noise spilled over into the dining room. Beer was more expensive than 90% of all other places we have been to, even in Portland. We would not be inclined to return at this point. Thank you for wanting to know though.
- Nice add to Ashland dining!OldFoodieDined on 8/28/2014A litle hard to find on the 3rd floor, could use better better signage at the elevator, but the menu is great, the beer selection is awesome and wines are large pours, not skimpy. We had the pizza with that 150 year old sour dough starter, definitely one of Ashland's best. THe bacon jalapeno mac and cheese is very good although it could have used a bt more heat from the peppers. Definitely a place to go back too!!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/13/2014We had made a reservation for nine but when we got there the table had not been set up for us. The onion rings were great as was the tomato soup. My Caesar salad lacked flavor; I could hardly taste the dressing. The lettuce was limp and not particularly fresh. I could see brown where the knife had cut it. The service was very nice. it's definitely a neighborhood place. This was the second time we had been there and I don't think we'll go back again.Special Features:
- Nice mealbbergVIPDined on 8/12/2014This was our second meal at the Taphouse, and it was as good as the first time around. Fun spot.Special Features:
- Pretty Good Food at the GranitePleasedDinerDined on 8/9/2014I've eaten here a few times. I've always ordered Gluten free dishes (pizza, no meat burger etc.) and they've been OK, nothing fantastic. The groups I've gone with seem to enjoy the food off the regular menu, but no one raves about it.Special Features:
- Good Vibe at Granite TaphouseAshlandroseVIPDined on 7/30/2014We always love the atmosphere at this bar and restaurant. It feels vibrant and fun and the mood is contagious. The food is great, especially the pizza. We want to try the sourdough pancakes for brunch sometime. We hear anything sourdough there is great and we can believe that based upon the sourdough crust on the pizza.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 7/25/2014Food was very good. Wait staff friendly and helpful. The location right downtown but up on the third floor meant nice views. But really very loud.
- Reservation not honoredDisappointedDined on 7/18/2014We made a reservation through Open Table for 7:30 and it was confirmed. When we arrived just before 7:30 we were told that they could not accommodate us for at least a half an hour. Since we were tight on time and could not wait we left.
- kimmoDined on 7/12/2014Very friendly staff, nice views of plaza, yummy fries!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid menu & good beer selectionDrfritzVIPDined on 6/25/2014Had a good table by the window and a view out over the downtown Ashland area. Service was very good; our waiter was attentive without hovering - and it was a busy night. We shared a salad send a pizza. Tried their featured pizza the had a white sauce with bacon and chicken. It was very good. Street parking can be a problem, but we ended up right out in front.
- Great ashland additionMtnmadDined on 6/25/2014Good pizza, great salads, excellent beer selection on tap, and extremely close to the Ashland Shakespeare festival theaters. We will definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 6 reviews are from the Granite Taphouse reviews archive.
- Excellent New RestauranthersteachDined on 6/14/2014New restaurant in Ashland. Beautiful renovation of an historic building. The service was great and the food excellent!Special Features:
- TastersChoiceDined on 5/30/2014The pizzas were uninteresting, the Ceasar salads ordinary at best. The signage was virtually non existent making it difficult yo find. The entry into the dining area was uninviting made worse by the giggling hostess. The air condioming was too cold perhaps because it was trying to service the entire dining area and bar. The service was cheerful and attentive. We would recommend to friends to put on their must list. Must not dine there.
- Excellent food!NancyDined on 5/24/2014This was a fun place to eat with a lively atmosphere. I had a mushroom hamburger and my husband had a golden blue burger. Appetizer was popcorn with basil and white truffle salt .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Find!bbergVIPDined on 5/24/2014This is a fun new place! We were impressed by the 16 beers on tap and 8 wines on tap, the best onion rings we've ever eaten, and amazingly good pizza based on that 150-year old starter. Fun - will recommend to friends, and this is now on our must-go-to list whenever we are in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A welcome addition to AshlandashlandfoodfanDined on 5/10/2014It's very clear this restaurant totally "gets it." Warm, friendly welcome and service, great food and lovely decor (including some wonderful stained glass windows and other authentic items brought from Europe). The pizzas are delicious, with a yummy thin crust made from starter they brought from Italy, no less. The salads are huge and the popcorn with herbs and truffle oil is to fabulous. They only opened recently, so haven't had a chance to try other items on the menu, but there are lots of them we're hoping to try very soon.Special Features:
- Good VibeAshlandroseVIPDined on 5/7/2014We like hanging out at this bar and eatery. It has a young, vivacious feel and it has a nice third floor view of the plaza in amazing Ashland.Special Features: