Granite Restaurant at The Centennial Hotel
96 Pleasant Street
Concord, NH 03301Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Granite Restaurant at The Centennial Hotel
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.graniterestaurant.com/
- Phone: 6032279000
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Daily: 7:00am - 10:00am; Brunch: Sunday: 10:30am - 2:30pm; Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 8:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, French, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Corey Fletcher
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: The Granite Restaurant and Bar offers great facility spaces for any corporate or social function. If you are interested in booking an event please contact our director of sales Sue O'Donnell at 603-227-9000 ext. 602.
- Private Party Facilities: Please contact for information.
- Private Party Contact: Management 603-227-9000
- Special Events: Join us for Father's Day! Serving Brunch from 10:30AM-2:30PM and Dinner from 5:00PM-8:00PM!
A word from Granite Restaurant at The Centennial Hotel
Enjoy New American cooking from Chef Corey Fletcher and his talented team. Granite offers seasonal menus influenced with French, Mediterranean, and Asian style using local New England products whenever possible! Granite Restaurant & Bar is located within The Centennial Hotel. With seating for 75 people, and private function space it creates an intimate escape for any occasion. The historic Centennial Hotel (renovated in 2006) offers a modern, urban-contemporary flair within a beautiful Queen Anne Victorian landmark. The property’s original architectural charms have been carefully preserved, while modern hotel enhancements and amenities have been provided each of its 32 spacious guestrooms: large desks/work areas, wireless internet access, wonderful pillow-top beds and rich bedding ensembles, hi-thread linens and plush terry, flat-screen HD TV’s, even mini-bars. Proudly offering nightly turndown service, your guests will be surprised and delighted during each and every stay.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Granite Restaurant at The Centennial Hotel - Best Restaurants in Concord, NH ›
Granite Restaurant at The Centennial Hotel reviews from OpenTable diners
54 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (35)fit for foodies (25)neighborhood gem (19)romantic (17)notable wine list (14)great for brunch (10)vibrant bar scene (9)great for lunch (5)good for groups (4)late-night find (2)Show More
- Very goodJonesDined on 9/27/2014This was our second time and the food was very good. The appetizers were excellent as was the lamb, but the grilles trout was just OK? The desserts were delicious. The waiter had too many tables and it was difficult to engage him, but he was very friendly and helpfulSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great potentialOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/26/2014Beautiful dining room, with great ambiance. Server was skillful but a bit too theatrical for our taste. Food was good, but not great. eg., Caesar salad lettuce had not been properly dried, so that dressing became watery. On a previous visit inJuly, the food was better.Special Features:
- Try the filetJPDouglasDined on 9/23/2014I always go for the seafood, but thought I try the filet for a change. It was wonderful, exact temperature, perfect seasoning.Special Features:
- Tasty, but inconsistent.madooroyDined on 9/19/2014Good service. Friendly staff. Excellent wine list. Food was inconsistent. The soup was not that great. However, the scallop dish was fantastic and the lamb was also delicious. Creme brûlée was amazing. Prices were reasonable. Somewhat lackluster ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great EveningOyters4meDined on 9/19/2014We stop at The Granite twice a year and always come away glad we did. Interesting and tasty menu now includes full and half portions on many entrees, enabling us to sample appetizers more fully without feeling over-fed. One of the best bars in NH and a memorable wine list. We don't eat dessert but always look at the menu. The Granite dessert menu is a gem.Special Features:
- Lunch in Concord, NH.JHM1Dined on 9/15/2014The Granite Restaurant was very convenient for taking my 79 year old Aunt to lunch. It's right near the Concord Hospital and has a classy atmosphere that she appreciated. The food was very good (we had carpaccio and a wheatberry and arugula salad) and the waitress pleasant and helpful. My complaints are that the room is a little noisy and the service was quite slow. It took about an hour and a quarter to order, eat and pay for two salads.
- Wonderful BrunchhealthyeatingDined on 9/14/2014Granite Restaurant serves a great brunch with a wonderful selection of specialty items. The portion sizes are just right.Special Features:
- gourmandeVIPDined on 9/5/2014head chef must have left for the evening food usually very good but not this time
- FWDinerDined on 9/2/2014The food and service were both excellent. The restaurant is small but very nicely decorated and quaint.Special Features:
- First visit was great!DaffodilindaVIPDined on 8/31/2014Will return again when back in the concord NH area. Found it in AAA book and could not have been happier that I did. Healthy options and delicious gluten-free toast, too.Special Features:
- Disappointing. Need I say more?AJMarinVIPDined on 8/29/2014Expecting more, the meal was uninspiring, lacking in flavor and presentation, and of poor value. Perhaps it was an off-night. But at breakfast the next morning, the cold cereal was stale and the service was nonexistent. O for 2 does not bode well.
- Great find!TampaTouristDined on 8/23/2014The value far exceeded our expectations with the quality of both food and service! The only problem is that it is a 4+ hour drive from home. We would return if ever in Concord again.
- RetirementsebjlbvtDined on 8/23/2014We dined as a party of four to celebrate the retirement of one couple. The service was impeccable and with the exception of the undercooked steak, the overall experience was very, very good. We would return in the future for a special occasion and recommend to our friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great meal!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/20/2014We had an excellent experience. The only glitch was that we waited ten-fifteen minutes to get a drink order in. Our server was friendly, fun and knew the menu items inside out. (Tammy) In fairness to her she had the whole side of the dining room and it was packed. She got water to us quickly and kept refills coming. It was a great birthday celebration for my wife. It's our special occasion destination.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PGANationalPGANationalDined on 8/19/2014Always an excellent meal. The half portion choice is always appreciated!! Maybe a slight change with some new items on the menu would be good! This is the best place to dine in the Capital City.Special Features:
- Solid as its NameRonnieDined on 8/19/2014We have been to the Granite on several occasions for special evenings, family get togethers and just a quiet evenind of dining. The Granite is a wonderful restaurant for dining. The entire staff is professional, courteous and very knowledgeable of the food and wine. Chef Corey will prepare most entrees to suit vegetarians and the gluten free guests. We have the greatest respect for the Staff and Managers who make the Granite a five star destination for relaxed dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedDined on 8/19/2014Excellent dining experience. The food was well prepared and delicious. My wife had the trout and I had the salmon. The half portion salad was good size and an excellent value as a starter. Breakfast was also excellent on the following morning.Special Features:
- Out on the townDan081614Dined on 8/16/2014The quality of the food was excellent but over priced for the portion size. Seated next to a window adjacent to an exterior door so was very drafty
- Consistently goodBobRVIPDined on 8/9/2014We really enjoyed the new menu items, and the specials were delicious. Our server was attentive without being intrusive, and the atmosphere was relaxing and perfect for our date night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Horrible ServiceFoodieinCTDined on 7/11/2014I just don't understand when a restaurant has the attitude, that we as patrons, should be glad they are letting us dine there. Our waitress was in a mood from the beginning and dinner took way too long. This is not a dining experience. The food is just not that good. We will not go back...ever!
- BKFoodieVIPDined on 7/6/2014Granite House is a nice addition to the Concord dining scene. The food was very good- fresh ingredients and innovative presentation. We enjoyed the rabbit appetizer. I had the salmon which was very good. Service was slow although it was not busy. I was upset when the bill arrived and my glass of wine had been billed incorrectly as a more expensive glass and our server refused to update the charge.
- Great food -- OK serviceBriancccVIPDined on 6/29/2014We were pleasantly surprised at the quality of the food at the Granite restaurant. Many hotel restaurants can be an afterthought but we found the food at the Granite to be excellent. We shared the caesar salad and had the trout and the lamb porterhouse (which was two very thick chops) for mains. Both were very good. we shared the chocolate lave cake for dessert. The only negative was that our server was slow and forgot our glass of wine. She was quite pleasant though. We would certainly return.Special Features:
- Hidden gemlittlesukafaDined on 6/28/2014The dinner entrees were masterpieces. This chef knows his lamb, meat and fish. The atmosphere was nice, a little loud by the bar early on during our dinner. Would not recommend the beignets – they were the only disappointment of the evening – too heavy and not reminiscent of the light and fresh New Orleans fair that gives them their notoriety and irresistibility- I did not finish mine, and I do not usually skip dessert. Despite disappointment with dessert, we were pleased with the meal overall and still do recommend the restaurant highly!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really Fantastic Spot... Great ChowOpenTable Diner Since 2000VIPDined on 6/27/2014The chef and the entire staff should certainly be congratulated for the fine effort they put into this wonderful, unassuming place. I felt it had an understated "rat pack"-ish feel. You can see that they have a lot of regulars... and with good reason. The chef really knows what he's doing here. Interesting dishes, amazing flavors, perfectly executed. Excellent, attentive service by Nicholas sealed the deal. Kudos to everyone at this fine spot for caring so much about what they do... it certainly shows!
- Haut CuisineOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/24/2014Didn't expect to find haut-cuisine in Concord but this is a gem of a restaurant hidden away in a boutique hotel on Pleasent Street. A varied selection menu made choosing difficult and the food was prepared with great care. Our waitress was very helpful in assisting us with our selections and we were not disappointed. I like an establishment that limits choices somewhat but offers unusual combinations on its menu. Enjoyed so much will go back to try again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Concord's GemFussyVIPDined on 6/21/2014This is the best restaurant in the area without question. The food is well designed and prepared. The room is a wonderful stylist blend of new and comfortable. Cool place.Special Features:
- Food as artYumyumfoodDined on 6/14/2014I come With my family (including a ten year old boy) periodically, and have always had a memorable and wonderful meal at Granite. I almost always get the salmon, because I like it and the bed it is served on changes periodically, and is always wonderful. This time it was a kind of rolled pasta with vegs and capers that was a symphony of different tones, textures and tastes, really wonderful. I do not know wine, but know what I like, and Nicholas, a fantastic professional waiter with a really great manner, helped me select an excellent red that was just what I wanted. I will look forward to my next visit to Concord, to visit Granite.Special Features:
- Great!OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 6/4/2014Great food (most of the items could be ordered as half size which is definitively a plus!), nice service and amazing wine list.Special Features:
- The following 338 reviews are from the Granite Restaurant at The Centennial Hotel reviews archive.
- exquisiteLisaLeeDined on 5/25/2014The blending of flavors leaves your taste buds in awe! You can choose from sampling appetizers to ordering full meals. Your meal options are endless. Each bite is as good as the last! Can't say enough!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Granite is EVERYTHING!FoodieVIPDined on 5/24/2014From the greeting to the food, service, and ambiance, the experience was impressive. One of the most impressive ideas at this restaurant is the 1/2 portion option. Everyone doesn't want to eat full portions. It gave me the opportunity to try more items plus have dessert. Although it's not the first restaurant to do this, it's always a pleasant surprise when the food is so amazing. The next time I'm in NH, I'm definitely going to return.Special Features:
- restaurant week tryGoodfoodieDined on 5/22/2014Service was slow -took forever to get the restaurant week menu- had to ask twice. Ordered martinis and the anisette flavor was overpowering- not even a hint of elderflower.
- wonderful dining in Concord NHDickDined on 5/21/2014We have never been disappointed here, whether it be breakfast, brunch, or dinner. On this visit, we celebrated our anniversary. Erica was a great waitstaff, and the meals were terrific.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Extremely disappointingSusanWVIPDined on 5/20/2014I was told that the food here was very good and since I was staying at the hotel, I knew that I would be eating here over three days. The good at Granite was carelessly done. The chicken Caesar was soggy and drenched in garlicky dressing while the chicken breast was hard and cold. I was out of time so I tried to hurry and eat it. I regretted it all day.
- Good spot for special occasionsFatJohnnyDined on 5/20/2014Took my wife for our anniversary. The Granite Restaurant was a great venue. Ample parking around back, great food, and good service.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/20/2014The service took too long for lunch..over two hours..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Week in NHZtaKEDVIPDined on 5/19/2014Took a Monday night reservation during restaurant week and ordered the pre fixe menu. Good choices. Well prepared. Would say the food is in the top 10% of the places we have been. Wait staff was attentive but kitchen was a bit slow that night. Dining area is adjacent to the bar. Not partitioned. Appears to be an after work gathering spot so the bar was full. The restaurant is located in a renovated boutique hotel. If visiting Concord, NH, it might be worth booking into the hotel as well. Worth visiting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very reliableOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/18/2014Went after a show during New Hampshire Restaurant Week. The three course prix fixe dinner was tasty, high quality and typical of Restaurant Week a terrific value.Special Features:
- Great BrunchEatzDined on 5/18/2014I took my mom here for a belated Mother's Day brunch and we had a lovely time. A couple of small glitches (didn't get my salad and the quinoa side salad was arugula), but overall a delicious brunch and pretty room. It was a quiet, sunny atmosphere...good place for a chat. Overall, I would recommend it.Special Features:
- Hidden JewelDinner4TwoDined on 5/18/2014I was looking for a nice, affordable place to have Brunch with my husband this past Sunday. I work 3 jobs and he is seriously ill. We don't get to go out much. I finally had a day off and we took a drive to Concord, NH. I picked the Granite Restaurant completely from its website. The brunch looked really good and the prices were affordable. We had a lovely time :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice brunch with some caveatsToudelooVIPDined on 5/18/2014Brunch is good , but I wish the coffee was more robust. As it is , just a step above diner blend. Breakfast dishes are served on barren plates. How about a little fruit garnish ? Brunch cocktails are nicely done.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.