Granite Restaurant at The Centennial Hotel
96 Pleasant Street
Concord, NH 03301Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Granite Restaurant at The Centennial Hotel
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.graniterestaurant.com/
- Phone: 6032279000
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Daily: 7:00am - 10:00am; Brunch: Sunday: 10:30am - 2:30pm; Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 8:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, French, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Corey Fletcher
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: The Granite Restaurant and Bar offers great facility spaces for any corporate or social function. If you are interested in booking an event please contact our director of sales Sue O'Donnell at 603-227-9000 ext. 602.
- Private Party Facilities: Please contact for information.
- Private Party Contact: Management 603-227-9000
- Special Events: Join us for Father's Day! Serving Brunch from 10:30AM-2:30PM and Dinner from 5:00PM-8:00PM!
A word from Granite Restaurant at The Centennial Hotel
Enjoy New American cooking from Chef Corey Fletcher and his talented team. Granite offers seasonal menus influenced with French, Mediterranean, and Asian style using local New England products whenever possible! Granite Restaurant & Bar is located within The Centennial Hotel. With seating for 75 people, and private function space it creates an intimate escape for any occasion. The historic Centennial Hotel (renovated in 2006) offers a modern, urban-contemporary flair within a beautiful Queen Anne Victorian landmark. The property’s original architectural charms have been carefully preserved, while modern hotel enhancements and amenities have been provided each of its 32 spacious guestrooms: large desks/work areas, wireless internet access, wonderful pillow-top beds and rich bedding ensembles, hi-thread linens and plush terry, flat-screen HD TV’s, even mini-bars. Proudly offering nightly turndown service, your guests will be surprised and delighted during each and every stay.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Granite Restaurant at The Centennial Hotel - Best Restaurants in Concord, NH ›
Granite Restaurant at The Centennial Hotel reviews from OpenTable diners
69 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (43)fit for foodies (28)neighborhood gem (26)great for brunch (24)romantic (21)notable wine list (19)vibrant bar scene (11)great for lunch (8)good for groups (4)late-night find (2)hot spot (2)kid-friendly (1)great for outdoor dining (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- RetirementsebjlbvtDined on 8/23/2014We dined as a party of four to celebrate the retirement of one couple. The service was impeccable and with the exception of the undercooked steak, the overall experience was very, very good. We would return in the future for a special occasion and recommend to our friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great meal!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/20/2014We had an excellent experience. The only glitch was that we waited ten-fifteen minutes to get a drink order in. Our server was friendly, fun and knew the menu items inside out. (Tammy) In fairness to her she had the whole side of the dining room and it was packed. She got water to us quickly and kept refills coming. It was a great birthday celebration for my wife. It's our special occasion destination.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PGANationalPGANationalDined on 8/19/2014Always an excellent meal. The half portion choice is always appreciated!! Maybe a slight change with some new items on the menu would be good! This is the best place to dine in the Capital City.Special Features:
- DisappointedDined on 8/19/2014Excellent dining experience. The food was well prepared and delicious. My wife had the trout and I had the salmon. The half portion salad was good size and an excellent value as a starter. Breakfast was also excellent on the following morning.Special Features:
- Out on the townDan081614Dined on 8/16/2014The quality of the food was excellent but over priced for the portion size. Seated next to a window adjacent to an exterior door so was very drafty
- Consistently goodBobRVIPDined on 8/9/2014We really enjoyed the new menu items, and the specials were delicious. Our server was attentive without being intrusive, and the atmosphere was relaxing and perfect for our date night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Horrible ServiceFoodieinCTDined on 7/11/2014I just don't understand when a restaurant has the attitude, that we as patrons, should be glad they are letting us dine there. Our waitress was in a mood from the beginning and dinner took way too long. This is not a dining experience. The food is just not that good. We will not go back...ever!
- BKFoodieVIPDined on 7/6/2014Granite House is a nice addition to the Concord dining scene. The food was very good- fresh ingredients and innovative presentation. We enjoyed the rabbit appetizer. I had the salmon which was very good. Service was slow although it was not busy. I was upset when the bill arrived and my glass of wine had been billed incorrectly as a more expensive glass and our server refused to update the charge.
- Great food -- OK serviceBriancccVIPDined on 6/29/2014We were pleasantly surprised at the quality of the food at the Granite restaurant. Many hotel restaurants can be an afterthought but we found the food at the Granite to be excellent. We shared the caesar salad and had the trout and the lamb porterhouse (which was two very thick chops) for mains. Both were very good. we shared the chocolate lave cake for dessert. The only negative was that our server was slow and forgot our glass of wine. She was quite pleasant though. We would certainly return.Special Features:
- Hidden gemlittlesukafaDined on 6/28/2014The dinner entrees were masterpieces. This chef knows his lamb, meat and fish. The atmosphere was nice, a little loud by the bar early on during our dinner. Would not recommend the beignets – they were the only disappointment of the evening – too heavy and not reminiscent of the light and fresh New Orleans fair that gives them their notoriety and irresistibility- I did not finish mine, and I do not usually skip dessert. Despite disappointment with dessert, we were pleased with the meal overall and still do recommend the restaurant highly!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really Fantastic Spot... Great ChowOpenTable Diner Since 2000VIPDined on 6/27/2014The chef and the entire staff should certainly be congratulated for the fine effort they put into this wonderful, unassuming place. I felt it had an understated "rat pack"-ish feel. You can see that they have a lot of regulars... and with good reason. The chef really knows what he's doing here. Interesting dishes, amazing flavors, perfectly executed. Excellent, attentive service by Nicholas sealed the deal. Kudos to everyone at this fine spot for caring so much about what they do... it certainly shows!
- Haut CuisineOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/24/2014Didn't expect to find haut-cuisine in Concord but this is a gem of a restaurant hidden away in a boutique hotel on Pleasent Street. A varied selection menu made choosing difficult and the food was prepared with great care. Our waitress was very helpful in assisting us with our selections and we were not disappointed. I like an establishment that limits choices somewhat but offers unusual combinations on its menu. Enjoyed so much will go back to try again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Concord's GemFussyVIPDined on 6/21/2014This is the best restaurant in the area without question. The food is well designed and prepared. The room is a wonderful stylist blend of new and comfortable. Cool place.Special Features:
- Food as artYumyumfoodDined on 6/14/2014I come With my family (including a ten year old boy) periodically, and have always had a memorable and wonderful meal at Granite. I almost always get the salmon, because I like it and the bed it is served on changes periodically, and is always wonderful. This time it was a kind of rolled pasta with vegs and capers that was a symphony of different tones, textures and tastes, really wonderful. I do not know wine, but know what I like, and Nicholas, a fantastic professional waiter with a really great manner, helped me select an excellent red that was just what I wanted. I will look forward to my next visit to Concord, to visit Granite.Special Features:
- Great!OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 6/4/2014Great food (most of the items could be ordered as half size which is definitively a plus!), nice service and amazing wine list.Special Features:
- exquisiteLisaLeeDined on 5/25/2014The blending of flavors leaves your taste buds in awe! You can choose from sampling appetizers to ordering full meals. Your meal options are endless. Each bite is as good as the last! Can't say enough!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Granite is EVERYTHING!FoodieVIPDined on 5/24/2014From the greeting to the food, service, and ambiance, the experience was impressive. One of the most impressive ideas at this restaurant is the 1/2 portion option. Everyone doesn't want to eat full portions. It gave me the opportunity to try more items plus have dessert. Although it's not the first restaurant to do this, it's always a pleasant surprise when the food is so amazing. The next time I'm in NH, I'm definitely going to return.Special Features:
- restaurant week tryGoodfoodieDined on 5/22/2014Service was slow -took forever to get the restaurant week menu- had to ask twice. Ordered martinis and the anisette flavor was overpowering- not even a hint of elderflower.
- wonderful dining in Concord NHDickDined on 5/21/2014We have never been disappointed here, whether it be breakfast, brunch, or dinner. On this visit, we celebrated our anniversary. Erica was a great waitstaff, and the meals were terrific.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Extremely disappointingSusanWVIPDined on 5/20/2014I was told that the food here was very good and since I was staying at the hotel, I knew that I would be eating here over three days. The good at Granite was carelessly done. The chicken Caesar was soggy and drenched in garlicky dressing while the chicken breast was hard and cold. I was out of time so I tried to hurry and eat it. I regretted it all day.
- Good spot for special occasionsFatJohnnyDined on 5/20/2014Took my wife for our anniversary. The Granite Restaurant was a great venue. Ample parking around back, great food, and good service.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/20/2014The service took too long for lunch..over two hours..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Week in NHZtaKEDVIPDined on 5/19/2014Took a Monday night reservation during restaurant week and ordered the pre fixe menu. Good choices. Well prepared. Would say the food is in the top 10% of the places we have been. Wait staff was attentive but kitchen was a bit slow that night. Dining area is adjacent to the bar. Not partitioned. Appears to be an after work gathering spot so the bar was full. The restaurant is located in a renovated boutique hotel. If visiting Concord, NH, it might be worth booking into the hotel as well. Worth visiting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very reliableOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/18/2014Went after a show during New Hampshire Restaurant Week. The three course prix fixe dinner was tasty, high quality and typical of Restaurant Week a terrific value.Special Features:
- Great BrunchEatzDined on 5/18/2014I took my mom here for a belated Mother's Day brunch and we had a lovely time. A couple of small glitches (didn't get my salad and the quinoa side salad was arugula), but overall a delicious brunch and pretty room. It was a quiet, sunny atmosphere...good place for a chat. Overall, I would recommend it.Special Features:
- Hidden JewelDinner4TwoDined on 5/18/2014I was looking for a nice, affordable place to have Brunch with my husband this past Sunday. I work 3 jobs and he is seriously ill. We don't get to go out much. I finally had a day off and we took a drive to Concord, NH. I picked the Granite Restaurant completely from its website. The brunch looked really good and the prices were affordable. We had a lovely time :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice brunch with some caveatsToudelooVIPDined on 5/18/2014Brunch is good , but I wish the coffee was more robust. As it is , just a step above diner blend. Breakfast dishes are served on barren plates. How about a little fruit garnish ? Brunch cocktails are nicely done.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding--bar can be livelyNECIgal96Dined on 5/17/2014We were seated adjacent to the bar, which was initially a bit disappointing for my birthday dinner but acceptable given that it was graduation weekend and we had made our reservations only 3 days prior. The TV (muted, thankfully) was a silver lining as a valuable distraction for our 9 year old as we dined leisurely for over 2 hours. Service was impeccable. Flatware was reset for every course. My daughter's bread crumbs were promptly whisked away. The food was outstanding in every respect but one (beef tenderloin was questionable. Perfectly cooked, but gamey and chewy, unlike any filet mignon I have ever tasted). Otherwise, every course was well balanced in taste and texture. We always look forward to our next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overpriced Food was blandOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/17/2014Overpriced Food was ambitious but not flavorful Filet was tough Strudel was bland Salad was fine Dessert again lacked flavor how can you ruin chocolate mousse?
- Great dinnerebm557Dined on 5/16/2014Enjoyable dinner on a busy night. All our dishes were great. Love Granite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food!Les1Dined on 5/10/2014The Granite Grill has high quality food. The food is fresh. I especially like the fact, the meat isn't cured with nitrates. The breakfast menu offers cage free eggs. The menu also offers meat alternatives, for example tofu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great dining spot in concordBLJOEDined on 5/9/2014We can request our favorite server. The food is always consistent and good. We like the option of half-portions.Special Features:
- Sunday BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/4/2014I loved the Granite Restaurant for Sunday Brunch. I wonderfully diverse menu, not just breakfast fare. We had their delicious pasta dish topped with salmon and enjoyed it immensely. One of the things I like best is that it is a sit down brunch. I don't care for the buffet style even if the food is very good. Dining out is a much more enjoyable experience when you are seated comfortably and waited on with gracious service and not standing in line. We will be back again I am sure; maybe for dinner next time we are in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeFinaDined on 5/1/2014Menu was fantastic. Blood orange ginger martini delicious. Tuna entree with ginger unbeatable. A winderful evening of dining with friendsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 319 reviews are from the Granite Restaurant at The Centennial Hotel reviews archive.
- Wonderful Dining ExperienceLLcoupleDined on 4/19/2014We stayed at the Centennial Hotel over the Easter weekend and ate at The Granite Restaurant. The food was delicious! We started with a cup of clam chowder and it was the best clam chowder we have ever tasted. The filet mignon I had melted in my mouth and my husband's scallops were cooked to perfection. We finished off with the chocolate moulton cake. Wow! We had excellent service by Nick. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A very enjoyable dining experiancePaulDined on 4/11/2014A nice little restaurant tucked away in a Victorian era hotel. Our first time in Concord and we weren't sure what to expect inside the large, brick building; however, we were pleasantly surprised with the upscale décor of the lobby and the restaurant. The salads broke away from the traditional and were outstanding. The entrees were to go back for. Also, both came in half or full portions which delighted my wife. The service was exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique in ConcordOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/5/2014We returned to Granite as a couple after having taken family groups there. The restaurant and the bar were full and the noise was initially too high for quiet conversation. However, the staff was pleasant and the table ready. The cocktails (French 75, New Old Fashioned) were a nice play on the classics. The starters, a fennel / fish soup and tiny gnocchi were delicious, and the entrees did not disappoint: perfectly broiled scallops and a very intense beef rib. We enjoyed an outstanding Ribiera del Duero, ending our meal with a tasting of american cheeses instead of dessert. We recommend it for occasions, a splurge or a power business meal. Beware - Concord dines early - at 9:30 on a Saturday we were the last ones having our expressoSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great resturant. The foodJoeBDined on 4/5/2014Great resturant. The food was outstanding and the Chef's subtle twists were surprising and so good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wine list pet peevedrcjhaleVIPDined on 4/4/2014This is our second recent visit spaced over a couple or three weeks and again the wine list was not up to date. In this day of electronic printing and inventory control it would seem an easy feat to keep a nice wine list current with what is in stock and the vintage instead of choosing the 3rd or 4th wine on an extensive menu before picking one available.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WOW!!spoiledDined on 4/4/2014This was by far the best dinner out I have ever experienced. Service was amazing and the food was equally as amazing. If I could afford it I would eat there a lot more often. The only con would be that, having never been here before, I found it a little awkward getting into the building. The the parking lot did not direct me to an entrance and the entrance didnt have a great sign in my opinion.Special Features: