Granite Restaurant at The Centennial Hotel
96 Pleasant Street
Concord, NH 03301Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Granite Restaurant at The Centennial Hotel
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.graniterestaurant.com/
- Phone: (603) 227-9000
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Daily: 7:00am - 10:00am; Brunch: Sunday: 10:30am - 2:30pm; Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 8:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, French, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Corey Fletcher
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: The Granite Restaurant and Bar offers great facility spaces for any corporate or social function. If you are interested in booking an event please contact our director of sales Sue O'Donnell at 603-227-9000 ext. 602.
- Private Party Facilities: Please contact for information.
- Private Party Contact: Management 603-227-9000
- Special Events: Join us for Father's Day! Serving Brunch from 10:30AM-2:30PM and Dinner from 5:00PM-8:00PM!
A word from Granite Restaurant at The Centennial Hotel
Enjoy New American cooking from Chef Corey Fletcher and his talented team. Granite offers seasonal menus influenced with French, Mediterranean, and Asian style using local New England products whenever possible! Granite Restaurant & Bar is located within The Centennial Hotel. With seating for 75 people, and private function space it creates an intimate escape for any occasion. The historic Centennial Hotel (renovated in 2006) offers a modern, urban-contemporary flair within a beautiful Queen Anne Victorian landmark. The property’s original architectural charms have been carefully preserved, while modern hotel enhancements and amenities have been provided each of its 32 spacious guestrooms: large desks/work areas, wireless internet access, wonderful pillow-top beds and rich bedding ensembles, hi-thread linens and plush terry, flat-screen HD TV’s, even mini-bars. Proudly offering nightly turndown service, your guests will be surprised and delighted during each and every stay.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Granite Restaurant at The Centennial Hotel - Best Restaurants in Concord, NH ›
Granite Restaurant at The Centennial Hotel reviews from OpenTable diners
69 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (46)fit for foodies (35)romantic (27)neighborhood gem (23)notable wine list (19)great for brunch (16)vibrant bar scene (10)good for groups (6)great for lunch (5)late-night find (4)hot spot (2)scenic view (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Highlight of Local DiningMatt58Dined on 11/19/2014We dine out relatively often, but tend to choose Granite Restaurant for special ocassions. After our recent exceptional meal and service experience, it jumps to the top of the list as Concord's best overall dining experience...ambiance, food quality, choices and presentation and attentive, knowledgable and engaging wait staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/15/2014The duck is a signature dish - for good reasons. Prepared perfectly with a delicious rice accompaniment. Pinot Noir paired wine was a fine addition. Prices are high, but I ordered the half dinner portion, which was plenty after the special salad to start. Even salad afficianados would love the combination of greens, chick peas, and cucumbers. We were thrilled with our new find in Concord.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great food....AlanaknhDined on 11/15/2014The food and drinks are wonderful here. The staff are all attentive and pleasant. The noise level ruins it for me though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best food in ConcordtravelerDined on 11/14/2014I have been here twice--breakfast and dinner a few weeks later. Breakfast menu is pretty standard, but well prepared and high quality ingredients. Dinner menu is broad and "stylish" in the mix of ingredients in each dish. However, in this case style brings great taste. Each of our party of 4 enjoyed their starter and main. Serving sizes are "just right"--none of us was left wanting more, and our plates were clean. Service is good--efficient, not overbearing. No rush to get the table turned even though we could only get an early reservation on a Friday night. Definitely will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistent quality and serviceValZDined on 11/9/2014We always enjoy our visits, and Sunday brunch was no exception. Upscale offerings, well prepared, and lively. In fact, too lively. It was loud where we were originally seated (next to a large group). We requested a table in a quieter section of the restaurant and were re- seated as soon as a table was available, no problem. Very good service. Suggest a reservation for the brunch, as it is very popular.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CommentsDCDCDined on 11/7/2014Great place to meet friends or for a couple. Food was great. Very relaxed. Service was great. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tight fitTC49Dined on 11/6/2014A wonderful dining experience. Food was excellent, service superb. We went for a special occasion and we wanted to relax and talk. It was early and the entire restaurant was almost empty; then a threesome was seated right next to us, almost on top of us -- it was uncomfortable. We will go back and hope for more room the next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/2/2014Wonderful food! The four of us were attending a concert that evening and our waiter was definitely in tune to our needs. He was outstanding... not overbearing but attentive and knew what we needed when we needed it. First time there and we loved it!Special Features:
- Dinner DateDAngeloDined on 10/31/2014I highly recommend GR for a savory taste of cuisine for an impressionable first date. We were seated by our waiter Bill with congenial charm and wit. The food was delicious and the service was impeccable. Highly recommend the Spiced Breast of Duck, the Martini's, and wine selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Granite never Disappoints!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/31/2014Excellent dining experience with food always delicately prepared. Attentive friendly servers. We go back again and again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- patwDined on 10/7/2014I usually have a better ding experience. Maybe an off night, or I chose the wrong items. Still, I will go back as it is usually quite good.Special Features:
- creative menu, many small platesOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/5/2014I love that almost every dish has a small plate version! It let me try several things. Rabbit appetizer,lamb porterhouse entree, cannelini bean salad. All were delicious. Service was first class.Special Features:
- Perfect food, drinks and ambiance!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/4/2014The Granite Restaurant is always a favorite on the list. The menu is great, the specials are always seasonal surprises and every dish I have had has been cooked perfectly! The staff is stellar – always personable, knowledgeable and attentive! The full bar offers excellent martinis and a fantastic wine list! Always a top contender when I’m thinking of where to dine!Special Features:
- Very goodJonesDined on 9/27/2014This was our second time and the food was very good. The appetizers were excellent as was the lamb, but the grilles trout was just OK? The desserts were delicious. The waiter had too many tables and it was difficult to engage him, but he was very friendly and helpfulSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great potentialOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/26/2014Beautiful dining room, with great ambiance. Server was skillful but a bit too theatrical for our taste. Food was good, but not great. eg., Caesar salad lettuce had not been properly dried, so that dressing became watery. On a previous visit inJuly, the food was better.Special Features:
- Try the filetJPDouglasDined on 9/23/2014I always go for the seafood, but thought I try the filet for a change. It was wonderful, exact temperature, perfect seasoning.Special Features:
- Tasty, but inconsistent.madooroyDined on 9/19/2014Good service. Friendly staff. Excellent wine list. Food was inconsistent. The soup was not that great. However, the scallop dish was fantastic and the lamb was also delicious. Creme brûlée was amazing. Prices were reasonable. Somewhat lackluster ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great EveningOyters4meDined on 9/19/2014We stop at The Granite twice a year and always come away glad we did. Interesting and tasty menu now includes full and half portions on many entrees, enabling us to sample appetizers more fully without feeling over-fed. One of the best bars in NH and a memorable wine list. We don't eat dessert but always look at the menu. The Granite dessert menu is a gem.Special Features:
- Lunch in Concord, NH.JHM1Dined on 9/15/2014The Granite Restaurant was very convenient for taking my 79 year old Aunt to lunch. It's right near the Concord Hospital and has a classy atmosphere that she appreciated. The food was very good (we had carpaccio and a wheatberry and arugula salad) and the waitress pleasant and helpful. My complaints are that the room is a little noisy and the service was quite slow. It took about an hour and a quarter to order, eat and pay for two salads.
- Wonderful BrunchhealthyeatingDined on 9/14/2014Granite Restaurant serves a great brunch with a wonderful selection of specialty items. The portion sizes are just right.Special Features:
- gourmandeVIPDined on 9/5/2014head chef must have left for the evening food usually very good but not this time
- FWDinerDined on 9/2/2014The food and service were both excellent. The restaurant is small but very nicely decorated and quaint.Special Features:
- First visit was great!DaffodilindaVIPDined on 8/31/2014Will return again when back in the concord NH area. Found it in AAA book and could not have been happier that I did. Healthy options and delicious gluten-free toast, too.Special Features:
- Disappointing. Need I say more?AJMarinVIPDined on 8/29/2014Expecting more, the meal was uninspiring, lacking in flavor and presentation, and of poor value. Perhaps it was an off-night. But at breakfast the next morning, the cold cereal was stale and the service was nonexistent. O for 2 does not bode well.
- Great find!TampaTouristDined on 8/23/2014The value far exceeded our expectations with the quality of both food and service! The only problem is that it is a 4+ hour drive from home. We would return if ever in Concord again.
- RetirementsebjlbvtDined on 8/23/2014We dined as a party of four to celebrate the retirement of one couple. The service was impeccable and with the exception of the undercooked steak, the overall experience was very, very good. We would return in the future for a special occasion and recommend to our friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great meal!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/20/2014We had an excellent experience. The only glitch was that we waited ten-fifteen minutes to get a drink order in. Our server was friendly, fun and knew the menu items inside out. (Tammy) In fairness to her she had the whole side of the dining room and it was packed. She got water to us quickly and kept refills coming. It was a great birthday celebration for my wife. It's our special occasion destination.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PGANationalPGANationalDined on 8/19/2014Always an excellent meal. The half portion choice is always appreciated!! Maybe a slight change with some new items on the menu would be good! This is the best place to dine in the Capital City.Special Features:
- Solid as its NameRonnieDined on 8/19/2014We have been to the Granite on several occasions for special evenings, family get togethers and just a quiet evenind of dining. The Granite is a wonderful restaurant for dining. The entire staff is professional, courteous and very knowledgeable of the food and wine. Chef Corey will prepare most entrees to suit vegetarians and the gluten free guests. We have the greatest respect for the Staff and Managers who make the Granite a five star destination for relaxed dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedDined on 8/19/2014Excellent dining experience. The food was well prepared and delicious. My wife had the trout and I had the salmon. The half portion salad was good size and an excellent value as a starter. Breakfast was also excellent on the following morning.Special Features:
- Out on the townDan081614Dined on 8/16/2014The quality of the food was excellent but over priced for the portion size. Seated next to a window adjacent to an exterior door so was very drafty
- Consistently goodBobRVIPDined on 8/9/2014We really enjoyed the new menu items, and the specials were delicious. Our server was attentive without being intrusive, and the atmosphere was relaxing and perfect for our date night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 347 reviews are from the Granite Restaurant at The Centennial Hotel reviews archive.
- Horrible ServiceFoodieinCTDined on 7/11/2014I just don't understand when a restaurant has the attitude, that we as patrons, should be glad they are letting us dine there. Our waitress was in a mood from the beginning and dinner took way too long. This is not a dining experience. The food is just not that good. We will not go back...ever!
- BKFoodieVIPDined on 7/6/2014Granite House is a nice addition to the Concord dining scene. The food was very good- fresh ingredients and innovative presentation. We enjoyed the rabbit appetizer. I had the salmon which was very good. Service was slow although it was not busy. I was upset when the bill arrived and my glass of wine had been billed incorrectly as a more expensive glass and our server refused to update the charge.
- Great food -- OK serviceBriancccVIPDined on 6/29/2014We were pleasantly surprised at the quality of the food at the Granite restaurant. Many hotel restaurants can be an afterthought but we found the food at the Granite to be excellent. We shared the caesar salad and had the trout and the lamb porterhouse (which was two very thick chops) for mains. Both were very good. we shared the chocolate lave cake for dessert. The only negative was that our server was slow and forgot our glass of wine. She was quite pleasant though. We would certainly return.Special Features:
- Hidden gemlittlesukafaDined on 6/28/2014The dinner entrees were masterpieces. This chef knows his lamb, meat and fish. The atmosphere was nice, a little loud by the bar early on during our dinner. Would not recommend the beignets – they were the only disappointment of the evening – too heavy and not reminiscent of the light and fresh New Orleans fair that gives them their notoriety and irresistibility- I did not finish mine, and I do not usually skip dessert. Despite disappointment with dessert, we were pleased with the meal overall and still do recommend the restaurant highly!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really Fantastic Spot... Great ChowOpenTable Diner Since 2000VIPDined on 6/27/2014The chef and the entire staff should certainly be congratulated for the fine effort they put into this wonderful, unassuming place. I felt it had an understated "rat pack"-ish feel. You can see that they have a lot of regulars... and with good reason. The chef really knows what he's doing here. Interesting dishes, amazing flavors, perfectly executed. Excellent, attentive service by Nicholas sealed the deal. Kudos to everyone at this fine spot for caring so much about what they do... it certainly shows!
- Haut CuisineOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/24/2014Didn't expect to find haut-cuisine in Concord but this is a gem of a restaurant hidden away in a boutique hotel on Pleasent Street. A varied selection menu made choosing difficult and the food was prepared with great care. Our waitress was very helpful in assisting us with our selections and we were not disappointed. I like an establishment that limits choices somewhat but offers unusual combinations on its menu. Enjoyed so much will go back to try again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Concord's GemFussyVIPDined on 6/21/2014This is the best restaurant in the area without question. The food is well designed and prepared. The room is a wonderful stylist blend of new and comfortable. Cool place.Special Features:
- Food as artYumyumfoodDined on 6/14/2014I come With my family (including a ten year old boy) periodically, and have always had a memorable and wonderful meal at Granite. I almost always get the salmon, because I like it and the bed it is served on changes periodically, and is always wonderful. This time it was a kind of rolled pasta with vegs and capers that was a symphony of different tones, textures and tastes, really wonderful. I do not know wine, but know what I like, and Nicholas, a fantastic professional waiter with a really great manner, helped me select an excellent red that was just what I wanted. I will look forward to my next visit to Concord, to visit Granite.Special Features: