31 Westwood Avenue
Westwood, NJ 07675Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.grangewestwood.com/
- Phone: (201) 497-3788
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Sunday: 11:30am - 2:30pm
Dinner: Tuesday-Thursday & Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Christine E. Nunn
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: BYO Liquor, Fireplace, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Takeout
- Catering: Off-site catering is available.
A word from Grange
A modern take on classic American dishes. Simple yet elegant, with a twist of French technique or a surprising ingredient or two.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Grange reviews from OpenTable diners
90 reviews since July 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (64)fit for foodies (56)romantic (48)special occasion (33)hot spot (8)late-night find (6)good for groups (5)great for lunch (3)great for brunch (2)great for outdoor dining (2)scenic view (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Cozy on a cold winter's nightSimpleDinerVIPDined on 11/18/2014No place I'd rather snuggle into when the wind is blows menacing cold. Rough-hewn wood ceiling and walls, a glowing fireplace in the corner, golden wall sconces. Welcomed warmly by Dino who greets you to his dining room with gusto and sincerity. The food is impeccable, presentation and flavors. The angry bass is delicious with or without capers. The game hen is also outstanding. This relaxed but excellent local spot is packed on weekends, so we come midweek when noise is low and attention is high. Don't forget your wine, its BYOB.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A+BethGDined on 11/9/2014Another special meal at Grange. We returned with friends and they were thrilled we introduced them to this awesome place. Warm inviting inside, great food and unbelievably friendly staff. Go now!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently amazing!Winelover72VIPDined on 11/8/2014Grange is a great spot for great food, service and ambiance.Special Features:
- As always......RJRJDined on 11/8/2014Great menu again for dinner Saturday night. Was looking forward to our reservation all day and (as always...) Grange didn't disappoint! The new Fall menu was on point, great pork tenderloin and the beet, goat cheese and avocado salad was tasty. Looking forward to our next trip back already.Special Features:
- FantasticMLK17VIPDined on 11/8/2014Loved this restaurant. Creative menu and wonderful service. PLUS it a BYOB. Will recommend and go back again.Special Features:
- SplendidGripperVIPDined on 11/6/2014I found Grange on open table while I was in the area on business. I'm glad I did. The hanger steak was tasty, and the accompanying "french fries," perfectly rectangular and stacked like railroad ties, were divine, infused with oils and spices. Also on the plate was a "salad" of watermelon cubes, cherry tomato halves, and feta, delightfully dressed.Special Features:
- Triple ThreatJGilDined on 11/4/2014Atmosphere, service and food were all outstanding. Intimate space, great lighting, eclectic music mix at reasonable volume. Professional, courteous server. Menu is well-balanced, combined unique ingredients with a comfortable simplicity. Enjoyed every morsel start to finish: deviled eggs 'nibbles' (1 curry, 1 bbq, 1 cracked pepper) were fresh and seasoned well, a hint rather than overpowering. Could've eaten the white wine & gruyere fondue with a spoon but the thin apple slices, smoked sausage, toasted baguettes were tasty sweet/savory combo. Scottish Salmon cooked perfectly w/ fresh cranberry gastrique & spiced whipped butternut squash. Loved the angry bass over creamy grits, olives, capers. Chocolate cherry bread pudding AMAZING.Special Features:
- Wonderful GemBethGDined on 10/29/2014This was our second time at grange and we absolutely love it. The food is simple but still special, the service is attentive and friendly and the dining room is rustic and warm. Looking forward to returning soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/28/2014I took my husband here for his birthday. The place was intimate, the food was superb from appetizer to dessert. You can taste the freshness and the quality of the ingredients. Our server was knowledgeable and friendly. I will defintely be coming back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FANTASTICNannyof2Dined on 10/28/2014It was my first time at this restaurant and everything was fantastic. if you looking for a great restaurant not to far from home check out Grange you won't be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service & Volume kills this placediningoutinnjDined on 10/25/2014The service was poor with approx 12 tables it should be excellent. For whatever reason, it is so loud in there you can barely hear each other. I felt as if I was at a loud bar trying to have dinner vs a restaurant that somehow got great reviews. The entrees where good nothing so great that I would refer a friend. We were overall disappointed considering other reviews we read about the restaurant. If they want to be a 5 star restaurant they should play the part - the host should wear something other than a hoodie & converse sneakers & the wait staff shouldn't be wearing aprons. It made me think they were prepping meals & serving too....maybe that's what they were doing...lol.
- A gem that's near-bySmiling123monkeyDined on 10/25/2014Menu was medium (not too many things listed)...was afraid at first about ordering (all of the listings were so different than my regular places...where the food is more "standard"...these had different combinations of items, which I had never tried before). But all was very good...liked everything that I had...and so did the others at the table (and we all ordered different things). Definitely would go back. It's a BYOB, so that saves some money, but the prices were on the high side....but in my opinion worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great special mealCjGirlDined on 10/24/2014Limited menu and different choices, food excellent including the crab cakes, hanger steak and dessert of donut holes. Not large servings but enought to be full. Small space but decorated nicelySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful EveningJamieDined on 10/23/2014We have been to grange several times now and it simply never disappoints. We dined with two other couples and they loved it as well. I cannot say enough about the warm atmosphere, attentive service, and great food. If you are looking for a fun fine-dining experience, this is your place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/19/2014Didn't know what to expect and was pleasantly surprised. Place is a little small, but very quaint. We were there for restaurant week and the options of food choices were some of the usual menu items. My husband normally complains about the food, but this time he raved about the delicious, succulent game hen. Salmon was cooked just right and the pork tenderloin had a very unusual blueberry BBQ sauce, but good. Definitely would go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice BYOOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/18/2014Service could have been better. the waiter was not attentive in filling the water glasses. I asked twice and my glass was never refilled. He took away my wine glass before we finished the bottle and I order regular coffee and he brought decafSpecial Features:
- Review of Grangeanpvic51Dined on 10/16/2014Very handsome interior, rustic, food very good, too noisy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A must stop in WestwoodBFitzDined on 10/14/2014Went for restaurant week. Everything was excellent! We are never disappointed.Special Features:
- Love Grange!AnnonymousDined on 10/4/2014We had an amazing dinner -- this place is tiny, so make a reservation, bring a bottle or wine, and get ready for some amazing food. Short menu, which I appreciate....they always have some seasonal specials too. I had a fall kale/peach salad, lightly dressed, perfect....Butternut squash lasagna special, I scraped everything off the plate. Husband had a pork loin dish with blueberry BBQ sauce....so interesting! Very nice service as well. It was a Saturday night so it was loud and bustling (which I enjoy, clearly everyone was enjoying themselves....). Mostly couples and a few tables of 4 & 6. Definitely recommend it!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Phenomenal!!!HiddenTreasureDined on 10/4/2014Loved the whole experience...from appetizers to desserts!! Cozy, warm decor, wait staff attentive and friendly...weren't rushed plenty of time to savor each course! Can't wait to go back, want to taste everything on menu. Have recommended Grange to all family, friends and clients,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently ExcellentUsuallyDontReviewDined on 9/27/2014Eaten there several times- always excellent food and service. All aspects top rating. A true art!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellentgwb2nycVIPDined on 9/27/2014My husband and I went out for a date night here and absolutely loved the food, and found the service excellent. This is amoung the best food we've ever had in the area. We started with the pickled items and also ordered a couple of the oysters they had as a special. For entrees, I had the duck dish and my husband had the fish. We both loved each other's dishes as well. (PS if you forget to BYOB like we did, there is a liquor store across the street.) It is a small place - so we'll be going back with another couple or another date night (not a big party).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Find!Francesca13Dined on 9/25/2014Delicious food, great setting, great service and BYOB! Highly recommend- wonderful place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meal with friendsLovetoDineDined on 9/20/2014First time at Grange this past weekend with my husband and another couple. Was very happy with the entire experience. Appetizers, entrees and desserts were delicious and prepared with care. Wait person even put a candle in a dessert for my husband's birthday. A very nice night had by all.Special Features:
- One of the bestTheDinerVIPDined on 9/19/2014Always a favorite for us and for friends we go with. Individual care and attention paid from the front dining room to the back kitchen.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Grange is pretty fantasticwendelsDined on 9/18/2014We tried the fondue app, and that was really delicious. It came with apples, bread bites and salami and the combination was awesome. The four of us tried each other's entree and we all raved about tr next one and then the next one. Bottom line everything here is so damn good! The duck, the pork tenderloin and then hen, all exceptionally delicious and melted in our mouths. We brought our own wine. It was a good idea. Take your own, it's byo. To top all that off the staff (it was a three man show that night) were all so gracious and friendly and really made the experience even more enriching. It's worth the high price. Just go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Didn't open!brunognDined on 9/18/2014I had a reservation there and the place didn't open neither call/email me to warn me it wouldn't. Indifference at its best...
- Not bad...RaphyDined on 9/13/2014Food and service are pretty good. The challenge is the fact that it's a very small restaurant with TERRIBLE acoustics. You can hardly hear yourself. Also, not sure there's too much of an atmosphere... That said, not a bad option if you want to stay local...Special Features:
- Great FoodmoeyDined on 9/12/2014We were a group of 6. Appetizers were delicious - deviled eggs & crab cakes, Everyone enjoyed their main course whether it was duck, pork with blueberry bbq sauce! salmon or the hanger steak! Food is presented well and the flavors blend together beautifully! Service was great and I love BYOB!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingtjdbVIPDined on 8/29/2014Great food, great service, never disappointed !! Creative and wonderful menu, one of our favorite places to go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for a date night!NsyangDined on 8/29/2014My husband and I went there on a much needed and rate date night. The ambience and food were great. I had the duck and really enjoyed it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GrangeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014Great service, fantastic food, casual and relaxing. Highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/23/2014The orchard salad with grilled peaches was something very different for me, excellent mixture. Smoked pork tenderloin with blueberry sauce and whipped sweet potatoes was fabulous. The honey glaze on the salmon was nice and not overwhelming, dijon sauce wasn't powerful enough. Ambiance is nice. But you have this surrounding wood framing giving a look of Americana and then bare walls with small framed pictures that look like someone's modern nyc apartment; that just didn't gel together. BYOLiquor reduces your bill, but the lack of soda was just odd. Very long wait times between dishes, didn't seem appropriate as the restaurant wasn't packed that night. Overall I liked my experience and the food, and I would return and recommend.Special Features:
- Neighborhood gem.LDJ1Dined on 8/23/2014Our dinner was delicious. The menu was limited but the food is wonderful. Terrific evening.Special Features:
- Good restaurantEddie71Dined on 8/22/2014Above average but some disappointing points lost on food quality because you just expect exceptional ... Our Blue Points were average at best and I thought the BBQ sauce lacked finesse... But the ambiance, service and overall food quality and preparation are well worth the visit. Not overpriced. We will be back. Excellent neighborhood place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent experience.foodloverDined on 8/16/2014fabulous food, lovely atmosphere...amazing service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently excellentTheDinerVIPDined on 8/13/2014Grange doesn't miss a beat. Consistently excellent and inspired food and service. A menu of not too many choices, but all worth considering.Special Features:
- Could be betterjenmac86Dined on 8/8/2014The place was nice and the food was good... Just good. Nothing to rave about. I got the steak and I def had better steak. My husband had the salmon and he has had better from a local Greek place we go to. We didn't stay for dessert and all we wanted was to try it out because we heard great things about it. We probably won't be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great boutique vibe in Northern NJMarcDined on 8/2/2014Located in downtown Westwood, NJ this restaurant is a great destination for a top notch meal in an intimate rustic setting. They categorize themselves as American comfort foods with a slight French twist. It is small with a few outdoor tables on the street but the service is attentive and accommodating. They don't have a liquor license so it is BYOB which actually worked out well. The owner is friendly and came by and talked to us. We had Angry Bass which was very tasty. The salads are large and big enough to share. We had beet & avocado salad and spinach salad. The menu is a bit pricey but well worth it. Not many dessert options. They offer one of NJ's top chefs. Highly recommend making a reservation. Would definitely go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Petite and PowerfultimeoutDined on 8/2/2014This restaurant, like its portions, is petite yet full bodied. The simplicity of the rustic wood tables, floors, beams, and decor mirrors the limited menu in a positive way. The complimentary textures and pure tastes of the meal reflected the freshness found in both the creativity of the preparation and the presentation. We had the crab cakes, which although the size of a marshmallow, were delicious, firm and textured with a slight crunch. The salmon, presented with the added taste of fresh honey, was complimented served over a surprisingly grainy, nutty-tasting risotto and fresh asparagus. Mini semi-sweet chocolate chips came atop the bill - a sweet ending to a sweet meal. Slightly pricey, but thankfully a byob.Special Features: