31 Westwood Avenue
Westwood, NJ 07675Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.grangewestwood.com/
- Phone: 2014973788x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Sunday: 11:30am - 2:30pm
Dinner: Tuesday-Thursday & Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Christine E. Nunn
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: BYO Liquor, Fireplace, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Takeout
- Catering: Off-site catering is available.
A word from Grange
A modern take on classic American dishes. Simple yet elegant, with a twist of French technique or a surprising ingredient or two.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Grange reviews from OpenTable diners
82 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (49)fit for foodies (48)romantic (40)special occasion (30)hot spot (6)great for lunch (3)good for groups (3)late-night find (3)great for brunch (2)great for outdoor dining (1)scenic view (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Review of GrangeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/16/2014Very handsome interior, rustic, food very good, too noisy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Grange!AnnonymousDined on 10/4/2014We had an amazing dinner -- this place is tiny, so make a reservation, bring a bottle or wine, and get ready for some amazing food. Short menu, which I appreciate....they always have some seasonal specials too. I had a fall kale/peach salad, lightly dressed, perfect....Butternut squash lasagna special, I scraped everything off the plate. Husband had a pork loin dish with blueberry BBQ sauce....so interesting! Very nice service as well. It was a Saturday night so it was loud and bustling (which I enjoy, clearly everyone was enjoying themselves....). Mostly couples and a few tables of 4 & 6. Definitely recommend it!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Phenomenal!!!HiddenTreasureDined on 10/4/2014Loved the whole experience...from appetizers to desserts!! Cozy, warm decor, wait staff attentive and friendly...weren't rushed plenty of time to savor each course! Can't wait to go back, want to taste everything on menu. Have recommended Grange to all family, friends and clients,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently ExcellentUsuallyDontReviewDined on 9/27/2014Eaten there several times- always excellent food and service. All aspects top rating. A true art!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellentgwb2nycVIPDined on 9/27/2014My husband and I went out for a date night here and absolutely loved the food, and found the service excellent. This is amoung the best food we've ever had in the area. We started with the pickled items and also ordered a couple of the oysters they had as a special. For entrees, I had the duck dish and my husband had the fish. We both loved each other's dishes as well. (PS if you forget to BYOB like we did, there is a liquor store across the street.) It is a small place - so we'll be going back with another couple or another date night (not a big party).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Find!Francesca13Dined on 9/25/2014Delicious food, great setting, great service and BYOB! Highly recommend- wonderful place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meal with friendsLovetoDineDined on 9/20/2014First time at Grange this past weekend with my husband and another couple. Was very happy with the entire experience. Appetizers, entrees and desserts were delicious and prepared with care. Wait person even put a candle in a dessert for my husband's birthday. A very nice night had by all.Special Features:
- One of the bestTheDinerVIPDined on 9/19/2014Always a favorite for us and for friends we go with. Individual care and attention paid from the front dining room to the back kitchen.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Grange is pretty fantasticwendelsDined on 9/18/2014We tried the fondue app, and that was really delicious. It came with apples, bread bites and salami and the combination was awesome. The four of us tried each other's entree and we all raved about tr next one and then the next one. Bottom line everything here is so damn good! The duck, the pork tenderloin and then hen, all exceptionally delicious and melted in our mouths. We brought our own wine. It was a good idea. Take your own, it's byo. To top all that off the staff (it was a three man show that night) were all so gracious and friendly and really made the experience even more enriching. It's worth the high price. Just go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Didn't open!brunognDined on 9/18/2014I had a reservation there and the place didn't open neither call/email me to warn me it wouldn't. Indifference at its best...
- Not bad...RaphyDined on 9/13/2014Food and service are pretty good. The challenge is the fact that it's a very small restaurant with TERRIBLE acoustics. You can hardly hear yourself. Also, not sure there's too much of an atmosphere... That said, not a bad option if you want to stay local...Special Features:
- Great FoodmoeyDined on 9/12/2014We were a group of 6. Appetizers were delicious - deviled eggs & crab cakes, Everyone enjoyed their main course whether it was duck, pork with blueberry bbq sauce! salmon or the hanger steak! Food is presented well and the flavors blend together beautifully! Service was great and I love BYOB!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingtjdbVIPDined on 8/29/2014Great food, great service, never disappointed !! Creative and wonderful menu, one of our favorite places to go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for a date night!NsyangDined on 8/29/2014My husband and I went there on a much needed and rate date night. The ambience and food were great. I had the duck and really enjoyed it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GrangeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014Great service, fantastic food, casual and relaxing. Highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/23/2014The orchard salad with grilled peaches was something very different for me, excellent mixture. Smoked pork tenderloin with blueberry sauce and whipped sweet potatoes was fabulous. The honey glaze on the salmon was nice and not overwhelming, dijon sauce wasn't powerful enough. Ambiance is nice. But you have this surrounding wood framing giving a look of Americana and then bare walls with small framed pictures that look like someone's modern nyc apartment; that just didn't gel together. BYOLiquor reduces your bill, but the lack of soda was just odd. Very long wait times between dishes, didn't seem appropriate as the restaurant wasn't packed that night. Overall I liked my experience and the food, and I would return and recommend.Special Features:
- Neighborhood gem.LDJ1Dined on 8/23/2014Our dinner was delicious. The menu was limited but the food is wonderful. Terrific evening.Special Features:
- Good restaurantEddie71Dined on 8/22/2014Above average but some disappointing points lost on food quality because you just expect exceptional ... Our Blue Points were average at best and I thought the BBQ sauce lacked finesse... But the ambiance, service and overall food quality and preparation are well worth the visit. Not overpriced. We will be back. Excellent neighborhood place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent experience.foodloverDined on 8/16/2014fabulous food, lovely atmosphere...amazing service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently excellentTheDinerVIPDined on 8/13/2014Grange doesn't miss a beat. Consistently excellent and inspired food and service. A menu of not too many choices, but all worth considering.Special Features:
- Could be betterjenmac86Dined on 8/8/2014The place was nice and the food was good... Just good. Nothing to rave about. I got the steak and I def had better steak. My husband had the salmon and he has had better from a local Greek place we go to. We didn't stay for dessert and all we wanted was to try it out because we heard great things about it. We probably won't be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great boutique vibe in Northern NJMarcDined on 8/2/2014Located in downtown Westwood, NJ this restaurant is a great destination for a top notch meal in an intimate rustic setting. They categorize themselves as American comfort foods with a slight French twist. It is small with a few outdoor tables on the street but the service is attentive and accommodating. They don't have a liquor license so it is BYOB which actually worked out well. The owner is friendly and came by and talked to us. We had Angry Bass which was very tasty. The salads are large and big enough to share. We had beet & avocado salad and spinach salad. The menu is a bit pricey but well worth it. Not many dessert options. They offer one of NJ's top chefs. Highly recommend making a reservation. Would definitely go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Petite and PowerfultimeoutDined on 8/2/2014This restaurant, like its portions, is petite yet full bodied. The simplicity of the rustic wood tables, floors, beams, and decor mirrors the limited menu in a positive way. The complimentary textures and pure tastes of the meal reflected the freshness found in both the creativity of the preparation and the presentation. We had the crab cakes, which although the size of a marshmallow, were delicious, firm and textured with a slight crunch. The salmon, presented with the added taste of fresh honey, was complimented served over a surprisingly grainy, nutty-tasting risotto and fresh asparagus. Mini semi-sweet chocolate chips came atop the bill - a sweet ending to a sweet meal. Slightly pricey, but thankfully a byob.Special Features:
- Well worth the tripOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/2/2014Enjoyed the eclectic food, great service and décor. Our food and service was outstanding!Special Features:
- Fantastic!WittyADined on 8/1/2014What a great little restaurant! Food was excellent as was the service. Love finding a city quality restaurant in the burbs! Will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/24/2014This small, quiet, pleasant restaurant deserves a consistent A- / B+ rating. It holds great promise for the future but still lacks the maturity of a true 5 star locale. All members of my party are regular patrons (2X per quarter) and we all continue to recommend it to friends.
- Very disappointingChickamoleDined on 7/18/2014Nice ambiance. Service was very poor. It took over 2 hours for our entrees and we weren't the only ones waiting. The couple next to us had also been waiting a very long time. We asked the server 4x over 30+ minutes where our food was and the answer was each time "they are plating it". Server never acknowledged the delay, only when we kept asking. Very poor service. Food was good but it's hard to really critique the food when over 1.5 hours has passed between starter and entree.
- BFitzDined on 7/17/2014Always a pleasant experience. Looking forward to dining outside there. Great food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/12/2014Friendly, helpful staff. The food was awesome. Love this place!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- esb6Dined on 7/12/2014Saturday night was our second visit. The food is outstanding -- in taste, presentation, and variety -- and very fairly priced. The best duck I have ever had (and I always try to order duck when I go out). My wife and I wanted to order everything on the menu! It is a small restaurant and the noise level did increase as the evening progressed and the restaurant filled up. We didn't care We absolutely would go back the next time we're in NJSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SolidDinerXDined on 7/11/2014Going back to a place you liked the first time can be disappointing. Not here. As good. If not better, than the first time. For such a small space, the kitchen and waitstaff are wizards in providing an excellent far above average dining experience in two informal seatings. Personally. I like the 2d. But you won't be disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a one time experiencedisenchantedDined on 7/3/2014we would not go back dish preparation was not as requested and promised
- SuperbTheDinerVIPDined on 7/1/2014The food is king and the atmosphere inviting. Service always personal and top notch. You'll be happy you chose Grange.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great expereinceChristineDined on 7/1/2014This was my 3rd time dining at Grange and each time has been fabulous! This time it was 6 friends out to celebrate a friend's 50th birthday. The food was delicious and the choices are always interesting, innovative, well-prepared and beautifully presented. The service is knowledgeable, helpful, friendly and fun. Looking forward to the next time.Special Features:
- Poor Service Overshadows FooddtmbDined on 6/28/2014We were 15 mins late for our 7pm reservation and we were immediately informed that they had an 8:30 reservation for our table. All of the food was good, but, the wait staff (who doubled as hostesses) were sometimes slow and inattentive. At 8:25 our entrees were cleared we were handed the bill. We asked if we could order desert and we were told no although there were several other tables were open. I asked our waiter why he didn't ask if we wanted desert earlier and he said that would have been against policy. We waited around after paying and noted that our table was still empty at 8:45. Even if we had been on time, 1 1/2 hrs is too short for dinner at a good restaurant. Fine dining is not only about the food, but the experience as a whole.
- A gem!Mia2uDined on 6/27/2014Original menu, delicious food, tastefully decorated with attentive service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New York Style and Quality...FoodieteacherDined on 6/27/2014Right in the heart of Westwood. Having just moved to the suburbs, where restaurants of this quality are lacking, Grange helped us feel right at home. Absolutely amazing restaurant - every dish we tried left us wanting more. Especially notable: pork loin with blueberry barbecue sauce, scallops with basil risotto, and the white wine gruyere fondue.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Limited MenuJustjessnjoyDined on 6/27/2014Duck was amazing...pork chops very good, sides OK, not enough options.
- Great food, poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 6/27/2014A few nights ago was our second time dining at Grange. The food was terrific, however, the service left quite a bit to be desired. Our waiter was very poorly attentive and kept on leaving the restaurant to go outside. This was strange since the restaurant was pretty much filled. I don't feel poor service is ever warranted. This is especially true when your meal exceeds $50 per person!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PoppyDined on 6/27/2014Unfortunately as with many store front 'downtown' restaurants parking is a problem. I am a handicapped driver and there were no nearby parking spaces available. Fortunately my wife dropped me off and found parking around the corner. This is a lovely little restaurant with a fine menu and the chef was able to adapt to our slightly quirky food needs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.