31 Westwood Avenue
Westwood, NJ 07675Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.grangewestwood.com/
- Phone: 2014973788x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Sunday: 11:30am - 2:30pm
Dinner: Tuesday-Thursday & Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Christine E. Nunn
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: BYO Liquor, Fireplace, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Takeout
- Catering: Off-site catering is available.
A word from Grange
A modern take on classic American dishes. Simple yet elegant, with a twist of French technique or a surprising ingredient or two.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Grange - Best Restaurants in Westwood ›
Grange reviews from OpenTable diners
96 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (62)neighborhood gem (61)romantic (47)special occasion (42)hot spot (8)great for lunch (4)good for groups (3)great for brunch (2)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- Neighborhood gem.LDJ1Dined on 8/23/2014Our dinner was delicious. The menu was limited but the food is wonderful. Terrific evening.Special Features:
- Good restaurantEddie71Dined on 8/22/2014Above average but some disappointing points lost on food quality because you just expect exceptional ... Our Blue Points were average at best and I thought the BBQ sauce lacked finesse... But the ambiance, service and overall food quality and preparation are well worth the visit. Not overpriced. We will be back. Excellent neighborhood place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent experience.foodloverDined on 8/16/2014fabulous food, lovely atmosphere...amazing service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently excellentTheDinerVIPDined on 8/13/2014Grange doesn't miss a beat. Consistently excellent and inspired food and service. A menu of not too many choices, but all worth considering.Special Features:
- Could be betterjenmac86Dined on 8/8/2014The place was nice and the food was good... Just good. Nothing to rave about. I got the steak and I def had better steak. My husband had the salmon and he has had better from a local Greek place we go to. We didn't stay for dessert and all we wanted was to try it out because we heard great things about it. We probably won't be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great boutique vibe in Northern NJMarcDined on 8/2/2014Located in downtown Westwood, NJ this restaurant is a great destination for a top notch meal in an intimate rustic setting. They categorize themselves as American comfort foods with a slight French twist. It is small with a few outdoor tables on the street but the service is attentive and accommodating. They don't have a liquor license so it is BYOB which actually worked out well. The owner is friendly and came by and talked to us. We had Angry Bass which was very tasty. The salads are large and big enough to share. We had beet & avocado salad and spinach salad. The menu is a bit pricey but well worth it. Not many dessert options. They offer one of NJ's top chefs. Highly recommend making a reservation. Would definitely go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Petite and PowerfultimeoutDined on 8/2/2014This restaurant, like its portions, is petite yet full bodied. The simplicity of the rustic wood tables, floors, beams, and decor mirrors the limited menu in a positive way. The complimentary textures and pure tastes of the meal reflected the freshness found in both the creativity of the preparation and the presentation. We had the crab cakes, which although the size of a marshmallow, were delicious, firm and textured with a slight crunch. The salmon, presented with the added taste of fresh honey, was complimented served over a surprisingly grainy, nutty-tasting risotto and fresh asparagus. Mini semi-sweet chocolate chips came atop the bill - a sweet ending to a sweet meal. Slightly pricey, but thankfully a byob.Special Features:
- Well worth the tripOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/2/2014Enjoyed the eclectic food, great service and décor. Our food and service was outstanding!Special Features:
- Fantastic!WittyADined on 8/1/2014What a great little restaurant! Food was excellent as was the service. Love finding a city quality restaurant in the burbs! Will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/24/2014This small, quiet, pleasant restaurant deserves a consistent A- / B+ rating. It holds great promise for the future but still lacks the maturity of a true 5 star locale. All members of my party are regular patrons (2X per quarter) and we all continue to recommend it to friends.
- Very disappointingChickamoleDined on 7/18/2014Nice ambiance. Service was very poor. It took over 2 hours for our entrees and we weren't the only ones waiting. The couple next to us had also been waiting a very long time. We asked the server 4x over 30+ minutes where our food was and the answer was each time "they are plating it". Server never acknowledged the delay, only when we kept asking. Very poor service. Food was good but it's hard to really critique the food when over 1.5 hours has passed between starter and entree.
- BFitzDined on 7/17/2014Always a pleasant experience. Looking forward to dining outside there. Great food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/12/2014Friendly, helpful staff. The food was awesome. Love this place!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- esb6Dined on 7/12/2014Saturday night was our second visit. The food is outstanding -- in taste, presentation, and variety -- and very fairly priced. The best duck I have ever had (and I always try to order duck when I go out). My wife and I wanted to order everything on the menu! It is a small restaurant and the noise level did increase as the evening progressed and the restaurant filled up. We didn't care We absolutely would go back the next time we're in NJSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SolidDinerXDined on 7/11/2014Going back to a place you liked the first time can be disappointing. Not here. As good. If not better, than the first time. For such a small space, the kitchen and waitstaff are wizards in providing an excellent far above average dining experience in two informal seatings. Personally. I like the 2d. But you won't be disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a one time experiencedisenchantedDined on 7/3/2014we would not go back dish preparation was not as requested and promised
- SuperbTheDinerVIPDined on 7/1/2014The food is king and the atmosphere inviting. Service always personal and top notch. You'll be happy you chose Grange.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great expereinceChristineDined on 7/1/2014This was my 3rd time dining at Grange and each time has been fabulous! This time it was 6 friends out to celebrate a friend's 50th birthday. The food was delicious and the choices are always interesting, innovative, well-prepared and beautifully presented. The service is knowledgeable, helpful, friendly and fun. Looking forward to the next time.Special Features:
- Poor Service Overshadows FooddtmbDined on 6/28/2014We were 15 mins late for our 7pm reservation and we were immediately informed that they had an 8:30 reservation for our table. All of the food was good, but, the wait staff (who doubled as hostesses) were sometimes slow and inattentive. At 8:25 our entrees were cleared we were handed the bill. We asked if we could order desert and we were told no although there were several other tables were open. I asked our waiter why he didn't ask if we wanted desert earlier and he said that would have been against policy. We waited around after paying and noted that our table was still empty at 8:45. Even if we had been on time, 1 1/2 hrs is too short for dinner at a good restaurant. Fine dining is not only about the food, but the experience as a whole.
- A gem!Mia2uDined on 6/27/2014Original menu, delicious food, tastefully decorated with attentive service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New York Style and Quality...FoodieteacherDined on 6/27/2014Right in the heart of Westwood. Having just moved to the suburbs, where restaurants of this quality are lacking, Grange helped us feel right at home. Absolutely amazing restaurant - every dish we tried left us wanting more. Especially notable: pork loin with blueberry barbecue sauce, scallops with basil risotto, and the white wine gruyere fondue.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Limited MenuJustjessnjoyDined on 6/27/2014Duck was amazing...pork chops very good, sides OK, not enough options.
- Great food, poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 6/27/2014A few nights ago was our second time dining at Grange. The food was terrific, however, the service left quite a bit to be desired. Our waiter was very poorly attentive and kept on leaving the restaurant to go outside. This was strange since the restaurant was pretty much filled. I don't feel poor service is ever warranted. This is especially true when your meal exceeds $50 per person!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PoppyDined on 6/27/2014Unfortunately as with many store front 'downtown' restaurants parking is a problem. I am a handicapped driver and there were no nearby parking spaces available. Fortunately my wife dropped me off and found parking around the corner. This is a lovely little restaurant with a fine menu and the chef was able to adapt to our slightly quirky food needs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too slow for lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/26/2014Although the food was acceptable, service at lunch was extraordinarily slow. I am surprised by the service, given the limited lunch menu and empty dining room. Not a good choice if you are on your lunch hour. Food was ok, but I was expecting more from a restaurant such as this.
- spottyFAWBDined on 6/24/2014Some of the dishes are fantastic, but others can be quite bland. The service is rarely excellent. I hope this restaurant can work on these, because it has the potential to be a unique gem.
- Love It Every TimeBabepresVIPDined on 6/21/2014We have eaten at Grange about five times now and have loved it every time. The food is creative and absolutely delicious.Special Features:
- Dinner at Grange in WestwoodRitaplus6Dined on 6/21/2014It is a small restaurant and it handles the noise very well. Since we have never eaten here before I looked it up on the internet to get some ideas. We started with the deviled eggs . They give you three deviled eggs, one is lemon enfused, another pepper enfused and the last with curry. For an Appie we had the cajun crabcakes. Absolutely fantastic, wish their was more then only two on the plate. For dinner my husband ordered the special of shrimp and scallops which he loved. I ordered the 12 ounce steak that was cooked to perfection in a red wine sauce. The staff was pleasant and very cordial. I would reccomend this restaurant to my friends. Don't forget to bring your own wine...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly surprisedLovefreshfoodDined on 6/20/2014The seating times were limited so surprised to find the restaurant empty. The crab cakes were wonderful. I had the angry Bass, sounded a little different with sun dried tomato and capers but was delicious. Our table had the strip steak, pork loin, scallops and salmon. Everyone said their dishes were wonderful. They said the pork maybe could've been cooked a tiny bit less and the scallops a tiny bit more but that is it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Westwood findFrancesca13Dined on 6/14/2014Great Westwood find! Really enjoyed the food and atmosphere and will come back soonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely fantasticNJdinerDined on 6/10/2014This was our first time here and WOW. Grange is an absolute stand-out in the local dining scene. Food was interesting and delicious, service was great. We look forward to returning soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DojoVIPDined on 6/7/2014Each time I go here I am more and more disappointed. We waited over an hour after our appetizer was served to get our entrees. No apologies were made. The menu is boring and rarely changes. The noise level is deafening. I left with a sore throat from yelling to be heard by the person across from me. We opted out for dessert because I just couldn't take the noise. And I'm not old.
- Did not live up to expectationsGCH2Dined on 6/7/2014Foodie friends put Grange on par with "Local" but that was not our experience. Portions were very small for the price...$32 for two soft shell crabs atop salad? My half-duck entrée (bland and lacking any skin) consisted of two legs and no breast meat. Dessert choices (2) were mundane...berries with zabaglione or chocolate bread pudding which was dried out. Our waiter looked annoyed and was not committed in any way to making the experience special or enjoyable. Will not be returning. Food preparation and service were only fair and did not justify prices especially when there are so many other extraordinary dining experiences available (Cafe Panache, Local, and the Saddle River Inn) in Bergen County.
- One of a KindOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/31/2014very eclectic with a a great range of menu options. deserts are incredible - I look forward to taking my "foodie friends"Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oustanding!Winelover72VIPDined on 5/31/2014Our meal at Grange was amazing from appetizers to desserts. Their signature deviled eggs are amazing, as are their specials. The service was attentive but not intrusive. Awesome BYOB in the Bergen County area.Special Features:
- BubblesBubblesVIPDined on 5/25/2014All around fabulous. This little restaurant hits the mark on every visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will be backSocialeaterDined on 5/23/2014Second time dining here and the food is outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine diningJTorricoDined on 5/23/2014Been twice and not disappointed. Food is consistently delicious. Well prepared and presented. The deviled eggs are tasty. Beet salad fresh and interesting. Salmon perfectly medium rare. Chef keeps the menu simple with elegant dishes. Will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and setting!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/17/2014We have been to Grange several times and it is consistently good. I had the NY Strip and it was cooked to perfection, a very nice cut of meat. The wait staff are friendly and attentive. It's a little on the noisy side, wish the acoustics were better, but other than that it is one of our neighborhood favorites!Special Features:
- Nice surpriseDavidlillianVIPDined on 5/17/2014A very pleasant surprise in the center of Westwood. Very small restaurant but tables set up so there is ample room between the tables. Food very good. We had soup and the avocado and beet salad for starters. Main course was steak and duck and both were very good. Too full for dessert. All in all a very good restaurant and highly recommendedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.