Grange Kitchen & Bar
118 W Liberty
Ann Arbor, MI 48104Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Grange Kitchen & Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.grangekitchenandbar.com/
- Phone: (734) 995-2107
- Hours of Operation:
Monday through Thursday 5 PM to 10 PM
Friday and Saturday 5PM to 11PM
Sunday Brunch 10AM to 3PM
Late night menu available upstairs
Monday through Thursday 5 PM to 11 PM
Friday and Saturday 5PM to 1AM
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Brandon Johns
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Semi private area in front of main dining room. Can accommodate up to 14. Room is quaint, decorated with artwork and looks out on historic downtown Ann Arbor. Private area in upstairs bar room can accommodate up to 35.
- Private Party Contact: Brandon Johns 7349952107
- Cross Street: Main Street
- Public Transit: The main bus terminal is located 2 blocks from our restaurant. Cab service also available
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Street metered parking throughout downtown, free after 6 pm and all day Sunday. Surface lots available within walking distance at Ashely & William. Covered parking 1 block at 4th and William.
A word from Grange Kitchen & Bar
Farm-to-Table Dining featuring fresh, seasonal ingredients from local farms and farmers' markets. Grange menu selections change daily in order to utilize the freshest of local and seasonal ingredients.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Grange Kitchen & Bar - Best Restaurants in Ann Arbor ›
Grange Kitchen & Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
99 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (81)special occasion (54)neighborhood gem (43)romantic (30)great for outdoor dining (18)great for brunch (18)notable wine list (15)good for groups (12)hot spot (7)great for lunch (6)vibrant bar scene (6)late-night find (5)kid-friendly (5)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/21/2014Great desserts and drinks, but appetizers and mains could use some work: chicken = great, fish = a dish I could make at home easily, beef = average Needs more saladsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great creative mixed drinks with a seasonal vibe.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/21/2014Nice mixed drinks, healthy (small) portions; reasonably priced for Downtown Ann Arbor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lindsDined on 11/16/2014Love the brunch. Shrimp and grits are great. Love the fried chick peas. Was quite cold inside but otherwise great Sunday morning spot. Service was good, and we were seated right away.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Farm to table gemdelmardinerDined on 11/10/2014Thoroughly enjoyed the meal here! Interesting flavor combinations and they easily accommodated a gluten free diner. Service was excellent and noise level comfortable on Monday night.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great brunch!LoucalgaryDined on 11/9/2014We went to Sunday brunch, and the food was excellent and reasonably priced. Service was great, and the atmosphere was very nice.Special Features:
- KKOPCDined on 11/8/2014We have come to the restaurant about four times while my daughters have attended U of M and never been disappointed in any way! We remark that the food is excellent and that you do all things well which is something that many restaurants strive for but do not attain. Each part of the meal, including the desserts, are awesome! The service is also excellent-attentive but not to the point of interrupting the ambiance. Thank you and carry on!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/7/2014The service was fantastic. Staff handled presentation of the bill perfectly with the arrangements made prior to the event. Presentation/quality of the food was excellent. Perfect level of sound/lighting to enjoy conversation with our guest.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never againAnnieDined on 11/7/2014The service was unbelievably slow-so much so that our sweet waitress kept coming to our table to apologize. They were out of most of their wines as well. When the food did arrive it was quite good but our experience had already been ruined. I won't go there again.
- Sunday, Nov. 2 brunchbowmaniaDined on 11/2/2014As usual food was excellent. Service was quite slow however.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014Excellent food. The duck was crispy and juicy, and the fries were amazing.
- Delicious local foodTomtenDined on 10/31/2014Our dinner was well-received by everyone. My pork loin was tender with crispy outside bits and delicious edges of fat. The fall vegetable stew was richly flavored and had an interesting mix of ingredients. No extra grease, like all too many restaurants do. Staff was knowledgeable and helpful. Drinks are tasty too. All around one of Ann Arbor's best meals.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- White table cloth in A2betsVIPDined on 10/30/2014We were greeted and seated immediately. Food is all local and fresh, seasonal. Had a to die for squash soup - great flavors. We had the walleye, cooked perfectly and the duck. Duck was a bit fatty and tough but wonderful flavors. The sides for both meals blended beautifully with the main protein. Server seemed overwhelmed but we still received excellent service and great recommendations. Did not have desert, too full. We will go back as the menu changes with the seasons.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious^2DeBlancDined on 10/23/2014I have been to the Grange twice and both times the food has been delicious. The menu has some unusual items, ingredients are locally sourced, restaurant is very nice. My family were in town visiting from overseas and this was a special night out. I recommend the Grange as a good restaurant to go to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Upscale farm house kitchenMedicknowshowtoeatDined on 10/17/2014Walking in, grange seemed like many other Ann Arbor restaurants but soon after being seated it was noticeably different. The staff were not uniformed per say but wore a sort of farm-like attire (our server wore a plaid button down shirt and jeans). The atmosphere was like that I would imagine a farmhouse kitchen to be like. My wife and I chose the chef's 5 course tasting menu with the wine pairing and we're delighted with each courses unusual and surprising combinations that seemed to be perfectly suited for an autumn evening meal. Our server was not bothersome, but attentive as I would expect from the price range. She was knowledgeable about the food and wine and added to the excitement of each course with decadent descriptions of them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So GoodSusieQinYpsiDined on 10/16/2014We went to celebrate our 15th wedding anniversary and has a wonderful experience.Special Features:
- Great RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/10/2014Grange is one of our favorite restaurants. The food is amazing and the staff is friendly and attentive. For a more casual atmosphere, head upstairs to the bar. It's kid friendly for kids who adventure beyond mac and cheese and chicken nuggets. Great wine list and mixed drinks. Amazing hand made ice creams with interesting flavors. Food is sourced as locally as possible and is fairly seasonal. You can go casual or dressy and feel at home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- so good!tdee1993Dined on 10/4/2014Try the spicy fried chickpeas. They are inexpensive and oh so tasty!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great dinner experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/27/2014We enjoy grange for the ambience and delicious farm to table food. Our waitress was also amazing leading us to a better wine and indulging our own little tasting menu. Great spot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingchoosydinerDined on 9/27/2014Menu heavily relies upon pork. My friend and I did choose to have a salad each and share perch entree. Her side salad looked very nice and was reasonably priced at $5. My heirloom tomato salad was overpriced & had too much balsamic vinegar on the salad overwhelming the tomatoes and basil puree. It was ice the way they separately plated our shared entree. There was a very long wait between our salad and entree presentation with no appearance by the wait staff. The entree was warm but not hot. Perch was mediocre, setting on a starchy flavorless mass. The bread was quite good. The restaurant was not very crowded for a Saturday night. Their concept of locally sourced is a winner, but the execution falls short. Plus it is overpriced
- Great place, highly recommendedFoodiePhilDined on 9/26/2014Made late dinner reservations for a group of 6 on a Friday night. A member of our party is a vegetarian and very picky about his food and wines but our waitress Kim was very well informed about the menu, patient and accommodating. Food was excellent, beer was incredible, would definitely recommend this placeSpecial Features:
- MarcVIPDined on 9/23/2014Food was very good. Pleasant atmosphere and our waiter, Andrew . . . excellent!Special Features:
- Wow!FamilyskitripVIPDined on 9/23/2014Great dinner from beginning to end. The waiter was knowledgable and food was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great meal.AspiringFoodieVIPDined on 9/20/2014Last Saturday was my second dinner in a week at Grange. On both visits, we were seated promptly and where we wanted to be. The servers were courteous, friendly, and knowledgeable, and the restaurant is cozy and approachable, right down to the chalkboard with specials, a list of local vendors, and the evening's ice creams. This last visit, things were delayed a bit more than expected due to timing of larger parties. My son had the duck, which was terrific. I had the pan seared chicken with chicken sausage - very tender and flavorful. We took an order of the "meat pops" - their kabobs of chorizo, blue cheese, and dates - home to my wife. A terrific appetizer. This has become one of our favorite restaurants in Ann Arbor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Grange is tops for Farm toTablepickyeaterDined on 9/17/2014Grange Kitchen and Bar is not only the best restaurant in Ann Arbor, it is one of the best restaurants anywhere! The food could not be fresher - farm to table is accurate! They list their purveyors on the chalkboard on the wall. One night I dined alone on fried green tomatoes, heirloom tomatoes and perch. Beautiful, delicate and so flavorful. The wine pairing was perfect. My waiter was attentive without being smothering. He really knew his wines. I returned the next night with my husband for the chef's five course fantastic tasting menu My husband pronounced his Vesper cocktail among the best.The dessert of frozen watermelon, buttermilk ice cream and celery gratinee was so refreshing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent FishEnjoyDined on 9/16/2014I had the sauteed perch and it was excellent. The spices were smooth and delicious, the cornbread wonderful, and the service great. The desserts presented a variety of tastes that all complimented each other. Wonderful evening!Special Features:
- catmamaDined on 9/13/2014We had friends visiting from another state, and we wanted to show off something totally tasty and from Michigan. The Grange was perfect! We had a wonderful meal and even tasted some "new" foods! We'll be back---with or without out-of-town friends!Special Features:
- Amazing Local FareRKimballMDined on 9/12/2014Our entire experience was top notch from start to finish. The wait staff was attentive and knowledgable which was a huge plus. They accomodated my 2 young children without complaint. Most importantly the food was better than I would have ever expected. Fresh and prepared to simple perfection. Dishes weren't dressed to hide the food. The local fresh ingredients were made to shine. Simply Amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/5/2014Delicious locally grown food with wine and beer from Michigan breweries and vineyards.Special Features:
- Consistently DeliversOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/4/2014I have been to Grange 3 times, and two of them were special occasions (an anniversary and a birthday). The service is attentive but not overbearing, and very knowledgeable about all menu items including the wine list. The ambiance is fine dining meets farm house, and the food is all locally sourced and posted to the large chalkboard. Try the ice cream for dessert. Also, make sure to get the chef's tasting menu on a visit. You won't be disappointed!Special Features:
- BirthdayDined on 9/3/2014This was our first time there and we will be back. Food was very good and staff friendly and knowledgeableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find!mamalovestocook1Dined on 9/3/2014Great farm to table restaurant. Locally sourced fresh food. GREAT service!! Delicious and different menu!! Would definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Farm-Table ExperiencefreqdinerDined on 8/30/2014We thoroughly enjoyed the Tasting Menu with wine pairing. It was the end of August and we enjoyed the bounty of summer - grilled cantaloupe, creamy goat cheese, pesto, grilled peaches, bountiful tomatoes all perfectly and creatively executed throughout the 5 courses. Also great salmon, grilled pork loin, and an amazing dessert with buttermilk ice cream over chunks of watermelon with a celery granita. I can't think of a better way to end the sumer. I was told each night the chef creates a new tasting menu based on what is available and delicious. What talent and creativity! The majority of the food comes from within 60 miles. We were thrilled to be able to experience this treat with our daughter on a recent trip to see U Michigan.Special Features:
- Excellent farm to tableMpwolfeDined on 8/29/2014Grange is a stellar farm to table restaurant with exotic flavors deliciously prepared!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!LunachickDined on 8/28/2014We absolutely loved our experience at Grange. The food quality was excellent and the service was top notch. The specialty drinks were also outstanding. We dropped our daughter off for her freshman year and after a long day of unloading and unpacking we were looking forward to a relaxing and delicious meal which is what we got at Grange. My husband had the lake fish which was cooked to perfection. My 13yr old son had the goat cheese gnocchi with the Michigan shrimp and I had a delicious berry grain vegetable dish that was to die for. Lots of options for vegetarians and non vegetarians alike. Highly recommend!Special Features:
- Pleasantly suprised.JGinA2Dined on 8/23/2014The last time I went to The Grange, a few years ago, I was not impressed. Along with the strange layout of upstairs, main floor and downstairs for the restrooms (very steep and uneven stairs), the food was very lackluster. BUT, we celebrated a business project and decided to try The Grange. To my surprise, we were very satisfied with the food and service. Fried green tomatoes were wonderful, along with the gnoochi with MI shrimp and the duck. We risked the Corn Ice Cream?. Excellent. Had appetizers upstairs, (too dark for my taste), then sat outside and service was great in both settings. Little pricey, somewhat limited eclectic menu, but that's Ann Arbor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- From Farm to Table to Wow!DandyVIPDined on 8/23/2014We just discovered this amazing Ann Arbor gem. Food was outstanding and the service the best in Ann Arbor.Special Features:
- Love this restaurant!healthygirlDined on 8/22/2014I tried this restaurant for the first time and have been to Ann Arbor many times. It is a "foodie" restaurant in that everything is so unique. I absolutely loved that. The portions are very small and I am not a big eater and I encourage the restaurant to at least increase the sides by a few mouthfuls. The dessert was a WOW for me. I had the farmer's sundae and my husband had the homemade ice cream and we both thought it was the best we ever had and we are foodies that have eaten in many fine restaurants! I don't recommend the restaurant to people that can't think out of the ordinary but it might be too different for them. The whole scene in Ann Arbor was just amazing on a warm summer night. I just love the city.Special Features:
- Unique Ann Arbor Spothzl00bDined on 8/18/2014Excellent and interesting menu. A one-of-a-kind A-squared gem.Special Features:
- Delic BrunchNatalieDined on 8/17/2014I've been to Grange before for dinner and didn't love it to be honest. BUT...we went for Brunch this past weekend and it was wonderful! I would highly recommend Grange for lunch. The Breakfast Poutine & Lemon Pancakes were delicious. It was a nice chill environment to enjoy friends on a sunday mid afternoon. Loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, attentive serviceA2JessVIPDined on 8/16/2014Brought some out-of-town friends with us to experience one of our favorite local restaurants. The food, primarily sourced locally and prepared with inventive flair, was delicious. The desserts were out of this world. Highly recommended.Special Features: