Grandviews at the Grand Hyatt San Francisco
345 Stockton Street
San Francisco, CA 94108Neighborhood:
Downtown / Union Square
CalifornianPrice: $31 to $50
Grandviews at the Grand Hyatt San Francisco
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.grandsanfrancisco.hyatt.com/
- Phone: 4153981234x3600
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Sunday - Saturday: 6:30am - 11:00am; Lunch: Sunday - Saturday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm Lounge: Sunday - Thursday 12:00pm - 11:30pm; Friday - Saturday 12:00pm - 12:30am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian, French
- Executive Chef: Richard Slusarz
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: We have a piano player on Fridays and Saturday nights from 8:30pm -11:30pm.
- Cross Street: Sutter
- Public Transit: We are located two blocks from the Powell Street station, also the 30,45, 3,2,1, and the Powell Street cable cars run by the Grand Hyatt.
- Parking: Hotel Parking
- Parking Details: We have a valet service at the entrance of the Grand Hyatt. Street parking is also available.
A word from Grandviews at the Grand Hyatt San Francisco
The Grandviews Restaurant and Lounge is situated high above the city on the 36th floor, atop the Grand Hyatt on Union Square. Stimulate your senses while dining in this casually elegant restaurant offering stunning views of the Golden Gate Bridge, Alcatraz, Nob Hill along with spectacular sunsets. Innovative menu selections feature the freshest of local ingredients, skillfully blended to create the sumptuous flavors of American cuisine tinged with a touch of French flair.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Grandviews at the Grand Hyatt San Francisco reviews from OpenTable diners
- Excellent service. Very creativeOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/20/2012Excellent service. Very creative appetizer. Entree filet mignon disappointing, saucing very mediocre. Not at all interesting. Nice moderate wine list with good glass choices.Special Features:
- Thank you Grandview Restaurant.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/17/2012Thank you Grandview Restaurant. My daughter and I enjoyed your establishment.Special Features:
- beautiful view; I went atOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/26/2012beautiful view; I went at an off time (3pm) so it is hard to get a feel for what this would be like at night or at lunchSpecial Features:
- Unfortunately, the Grand HyattOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/15/2012Unfortunately, the Grand Hyatt is undergoing renovation of its entrance and lobby, and our waiter told us they are going to move their restaurant to the ground floor. Obviously, it will have no view. They intend to "sell" the top floor location to an independent operator. So, this will be the end of Grandviews.Special Features:
- Great view and the serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/9/2012Great view and the service was excellent. I would imagine even in fog the view would be interesting.Special Features:
- I'll put it very simply asKendVIPDined on 8/29/2012I'll put it very simply as I've already done a full review on Yelp. I took a friend there for his birthday, It cost me $200.00 for 2 ppl and we couldn't even eat the food!! We left hungrySpecial Features:
- Great service!WingChun999Dined on 8/4/2012My wife and I had a very nice time at this restaurant. They knew in advance that it was our wedding anniversary by acknowledging it when we arrived, and by surprising us with a free dessert at the end of our meal. Very nice service! Unfortunately the fog rolled in so we didn't get to enjoy much of a view from our window table. But at least it was interesting to see it roll in!Special Features:
- Great Views, Good Food & Service!OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 7/28/2012I love bringing out of town guests here - they always love the view. I do, too. I've only dined here at lunch times, various days of the week, but the food and service have always been consistently very very good! Convenient to Union Square, easy to get to, not noisy. I'll dine there again, for sure!Special Features:
- Some of the best panoramicOpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 7/21/2012Some of the best panoramic views in San Francisco.Special Features:
- Food was average nothing reallyOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/23/2012Food was average nothing really special. Great view of San Francisco as you dine.
- We came here to enjoy dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/16/2012We came here to enjoy dinner by sunset over San Francisco and we weren't disappointed! We felt the menu selection was a bit limited, and they didn't offer any specials, but we had the Filet Mignon and the Scallops, and they were both very good. The other drawback to the restaurant is the fact that the bar is on the other side of the bend in the hallway, and it grew increasingly noisy and drew a very different crowd from the restaurant. By the time we left, it was difficult to hear each other across the table. But, the view was what we came for, and we would come back - we might just ask to be seated farther away from the bar next time. The service was fine - the support staff did a great job covering for our head waiter.Special Features:
- We were there for lunch onOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/15/2012We were there for lunch on a Friday. Everyones food was good but the views are bar far the best thing about this restaurant. Definitely recommend going, even if it is just for a drink at the bar!Special Features:
- As the name states it hasReservationsDined on 6/9/2012As the name states it has Grand Views. You can see all three bridges and Alcatraz from the windows atop the 39th floor. Cant say anything great about the food though. It might have been due to a lunch menuSpecial Features:
- Excellent place to take visitorsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/7/2012Excellent place to take visitors to enjoy SF views whilst dining.Unfortunately the best views are in the bar area which doesn't make sense as the diners are spending more $ per head. Menu could have been a little more extensive as there wasn't a lot of choice. Food quality was good, not worth the visit alone, its not fine dining as you would expect. If you want an experience for the palette give it a miss, if you want to impress your guests with a view then go.Special Features:
- Noon on a Sunday and I couldn'tOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 6/3/2012Noon on a Sunday and I couldn't get any eggs at brunch. I guess they are actively looking to avoid having customers. The hotel union must be running the building. The servers were curt and unprofessional. Despite an amazing view, you should avoid if at all possible. Maybe go there for a drink. Food no.
- Was disappointed with theOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/31/2012Was disappointed with the pasta i ordered since it was not al dente Chef went to our table to personally apologize and provide suggestions. Great service!Special Features:
- Great views, disappointing foodOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/25/2012The views were grand. But, the food and the service left a lot to be desired. The bar lounge was excellent and had better views and food than the dining room!Special Features:
- Service was great and theOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/24/2012Service was great and the views are amazing, but the food was just average and incredibly overpriced. We understood that we were paying for the view in our meal price, but $180 for 2 adults and 3 kids seemed really steep. The views were amazing though - probably a better choice for hitting the bar with adults only.
- I dine here on a regular basis.RestaurantholicVIPDined on 5/24/2012I dine here on a regular basis. This visit was a disappointing. I had to chase down a waiter for our beverages. I had to chase down our waiter who only took 2 out of 4 dessert orders. My 3 glasses of mimosa were anything but consistent. The first glass was with flat sparkling wine. The second glass was anemic in color. The third glass was finally right. And it was my birthday.
- Great Night Out!MichaelCDined on 5/19/2012I love the relaxed feel of this place. It's relatively small, but the views are expansive. Coit Tower and Alcatraz are front and center in a breathtaking view. I definitely would return to try more dishes. The bar view was better than the dinner view, so just drinks and appetizers would be a great night out too! Service was excellent and friendly— thanks Johnnie!Special Features:
- The decor is a bit dated butOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/18/2012The decor is a bit dated but the view is unbeatable.Special Features:
- Your standard hotel fare.Repeatguest8VIPDined on 5/4/2012Your standard hotel fare. Nothing too spectacular....vanilla peach compote on the french toast was good though.
- Somewhat stumbled on thisOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/24/2012Somewhat stumbled on this but am truely glad I did. The view was spectacular. I only wish I had arrived earlier and had time to look at all the views that were there. The service was outstanding and the food was excellent. Would be love to come back to San Francisco and eat here again!Special Features:
- The View! The View and theOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/8/2012The View! The View and the View - Outstanding!!!! The Food - World Class!!!! The Best Salmon - Ever!!!!Special Features:
- I recommend going here forOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 4/8/2012I recommend going here for drinks to see the view. Do not go to the restaurant - not worth it, not worth the price, kind of dingy, the food has no particularly interesting qualities.Special Features:
- Terrible foodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/8/2012Terrible food and especially terrible for an Easter brunch. OVer priced for the selection offered at brunch and we were extremely disappointed in the brunch but the service was good.
- We visited San Fransisco overOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/8/2012We visited San Fransisco over the Easter weekend. Brunch at the Grand Hyatt was fantastic.Special Features:
- We wanted a special placeBobbieVIPDined on 4/7/2012We wanted a special place to take a friend and her family while we were visiting in San Francisco, and we enjoy dining in "high places." The Grandviews met every condition we had: a great view, a menu that offered good food with fresh ingredients and was still affordable, and a place where the entire family was welcome. We would gladly dine there again!Special Features:
- I always enjoy going to thePrimeDined on 3/31/2012I always enjoy going to the Grandview on special occasion . It is romantic if you are seated at the right spot.Special Features:
- Food, service very good.ShaleyDined on 3/29/2012Restaurant decor looks like a banquet room ... everything is bland ... definitely needs sometime to jazz it up. Sound from other tables near the entrance echo. Food good..Special Features:
- VERY NICE,PLEASANT PLACE TOOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/3/2012VERY NICE,PLEASANT PLACE TO ENJOY DINER BY WINDOW WITH GREAT VIEW OF SAN FRANCISCO.Special Features:
- Our server was, for lack ofOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/19/2012Our server was, for lack of a better term, RUDE. He was essentially non-existent and I had to ask another server to refill coffee, etc. The other server was fantastic.Special Features:
- First, they couldn't findOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/18/2012First, they couldn't find my reservation, so we waited at the bar while a table was available. The bar staff was very slow, it took us 15 mins before a server would come by and take our drink request. The bar was by no means packed where we would expect that kind of wait. The view was phenomenal though, almost as good as The View (Marriott on 3rd & Mission). As for dinner, my date ordered the Risotto which was very good as was our warm spinach salad. I ordered the NY Strip and it was near impossible to cut and I ordered it medium rare. I was expecting a whole lot more from this place and was let down big time. I would recommend it only for a drink or two and maybe dessert, I would not have a meal here again. Thumbs up to the piano player!
- For drinks and view, ONLY!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2012A lot of the reviews said that the food and service were bad. Nevertheless I decided to try for myself. Unfortunately the reviews were correct. It was Valentine Day and we had reservations, we sat down @ 6:45pm. We were early so there were plenty of empty tables (thus not busy yet). No one even came to take our order until 7:15 our first course came around 8 then next course 8:30 and main around 9. To get our bill we had to flag the hostess down, this was around 9:20. Almost 3 hrs for dinner!? The food was bland nothing special for the price. I just don't understand why the Hyatt's management does nothing about the substandard food and service. Read your reviews. Thumbs down!
- The place was swell, foodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/13/2012The place was swell, food was great and service impecable plus the view added a lot to the whole dining experience.Special Features:
- It's a shame they are closingOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/9/2012It's a shame they are closing this restaurant, the view of the city is gorgeous, stop by before it goes away for good. Prices are pretty reasonable for a million dollars view.Special Features:
- Great place to bring out ofOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/29/2012Great place to bring out of town guests for magnificent views of the bay.Special Features:
- A special evening in San FranciscoOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/27/2012A great evening with a fantastic view in wonderful clear weather. Had relatives visiting from Germany on a 100 day around the world cruise for an overnight stop in San Francisco. A special occasion called for a special dining venue. Food preparation tops but felt that the menue a bit limited and heavy on beef. Still, a great evening and much enjoyed.Special Features:
- The view was spectacular!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/20/2012The view was spectacular! The burger was delicious, but the cheesecake was only so-so. The horseradish sauce was a nice touch with the burger.Special Features:
- FANTASTIC views! Good foodTonyOVIPDined on 1/19/2012FANTASTIC views! Good food and service. Definitely worth trying.Special Features: