Granduca di Sicilia
30 West 24th Street
New York, NY 10010Neighborhood:
Gramercy / Flatiron
SicilianPrice: $30 and under
Granduca di Sicilia
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.granducadisicilia.com/
- Phone: 2128371610
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Sunday Lunch/Dinner: 12:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Wine Bar, Sicilian
- Executive Chef: Giuseppe Mazzeo
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: No matter what you would like to eat/how much your budget is, we will make it happen. Vegetarian/Gluten Free, all you have to do is a proper planning!
- Entertainment: Jazz Musicians available upon requests.
- Special Events: We offer an event space for any occasion. We have an eye catching space with a rustic and intricate Sicilian decor that will your special day even more special!
A word from Granduca di Sicilia
Granduca di Sicilia will immediately seduce your senses. The eye catching décor will impress you immediately with its intricate and authentic Sicilian design. Every dish will invite your sense of smell because it’s inspired by the captivating beauty of Sicily. Discover the rustic Sicilian cuisine and explore the classic flavors of Sicilia itself. Our dramatic presentation of our brick oven pizzas and tantalizing dishes will make you come back for more. Nestled in the heart of the Flat Iron district right inside Chelsea, Granduca di Sicilia, will bring Sicily to the streets of New York City.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Granduca di Sicilia reviews from OpenTable diners
- This restaurant is closedFoodieDined on 6/12/2013Why are you taking reservations for a closed restaurant. I was so excited to take a friend here for her birthday and it was closed.
- Finally a taste of Sicily!NpmusicmanDined on 6/8/2013I went here Saturday night for my fiance's birthday, and it turned out great! It's a nice place with nice servers. Honestly, they weren't the best I've had, but they were pleasant and attentive enough. The decor and ambience was really nice. The bar and sitting areas in the front were very welcoming. I loved the food from appetizers to desert. They even brought out a wonderful tiramisu for my fiancé and wrote "happy birthday" very nicely in chocolate syrup. I would recommend it to anyone and everyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellenceFoodexigenteDined on 6/8/2013If you want authentic Sicilian food that leaves you truly satisfied with the dining experience. This is the place. I have eaten twice and will go again with a larger family group. It's been two days since I ate there and can still savor the sauce, the polpette, the pasta and dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/4/2013My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed our dinner. We both ordered a shrimp and pasta dish and Merlot wine. Bread was served with the meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cavernous ItalianHappy2BinNYCVIPDined on 6/2/2013In NY, it seems almost impossible to have too much space but that's the only complaint I had about Granduca. If you look in from the outside, you can hardly see the tables way in the back and each one spaced so far apart that it seemed cold and uninviting. Place looks empty and once you sit down, it feels like a college dining hall incredible chandeliers! Poor space design to say the least. (BTW, the rest rooms were prettier & more fun than the eating space!) However, the food and house wines more than made up for that gripe. We shared appetizers, perfectly prepared pastas and fresh fish. Will definitely going back for the great food and wine, but PLEASE rearrange the dining area or move to a smaller, cheaper location!
- Tempersture very HOT inside.CubaVIPDined on 5/21/2013Tempersture very HOT inside. Would not go in summerI would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good food, service not so muchOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/3/2013Have been here twice, and both times have had very good pasta, decent antipasto (not the best). But the service leaves a little to be desired. Waiters are friendly and helpful, but didn't seem to know the menu well, got orders wrong, stacked plates on the table instead of clearing them. Small things, but they add up to a slightly off experience. Still the food is pretty good, the prices are reasonable and it wouldn't take much to lift this place to the next level.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best pizza in the citydjojmVIPDined on 4/30/2013Never disappoints. This place is tucked away on an invisible spot on 24th, but the restaurant is large, and the tables are very comfortably spaced - its almost like being out of New York. If the bald guy is on duty as the pizza chef, you won't get a finer pizza in NYC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything we ordered wasJustTellinLikeItIsVIPDined on 4/23/2013Everything we ordered was salty. Waiter forgot to come back and take food order despite the restaurant being ~20% full during prime dinner time on a weekday night.
- I loved Granduca. The foodJerseyGirl227VIPDined on 4/18/2013I loved Granduca. The food was excellent and the staff was so friendly and attentive. Its an adorable find and the open kitchen is so clean it sparkles from the dining room.Special Features:
- Great place, great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/13/2013I have been to Granduca di Sicilia several times, and I have always been very pleased with both food and service. The Pizza is fenomenal (like a real pizza you eat in Italy, thin crust, crunchy), the pasta is fantastic and the seafood entrees are outstanding. I personally also love the ambience.Special Features:
- civilized Sicilian oasis by Mad Sqellen9nycDined on 4/11/2013A fabulous place for a business lunch or leisurely dining with a friend. The decor is wonderful; just as in Italy, it is bright enough to actually see your food! And there's enough space between tables to feel civilized have pleasant, private conversations. A refreshing contrast to the ear-splitting crush of Eataly just half a block away, and with just as good Sicilian food. Ample portions, well served, very tasty. Traditional pasta dishes were excellent, and my family is from Bagheria, Sicily, so I have a pretty decent base of comparison. Much more upscale than Tappo, across the street, much more civil and peaceful than Eataly. A neighborhood gem indeed, and beautifully decorated, too, with excellent southern Italian style ceramics.Special Features:
- We were a group of 6, theOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 4/10/2013We were a group of 6, the restaurant was very accomodating with a round table. Service was a little distracted, had to ask for water refills multiple times but otherwise food was delicious. The sicilian cake for dessert was a highlight.Special Features:
- Food was delicious and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/1/2013Food was delicious and service was very fine. We had a table of our choice and were quite happy.Special Features:
- We dined with friends whomedalpersonDined on 3/28/2013We dined with friends who are Venetians and all agreed that the food was very good, the menu interesting, the wine list adequate, the service quite attentive, and the ambience quite pleasant. I would not, however, describe the offerings as extraordinary, although the overall experience was quite acceptable.Special Features:
- We have been to this restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/25/2013We have been to this restaurant before and loved it. We were not disappointed when we returned this week. The food was delicious, and the lunch buffet plentiful with many choices. Our only complaint was the dessert. We ordered the cannoli. They came to the table on a cold plate (obviously refrigerated overnight or possiblyfor days). They were awful! Soggy, rubbery shells and stale filling. We had ordered the cassata cake the last time we were there and we loved it. Will return again, bu won't order dessert.Special Features:
- the service was authenticOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/22/2013the service was authentic and personalized, filled with great energy!Special Features:
- This is a WINNER!!!!!JohnZVIPDined on 3/20/2013This is a hidden gem, if you get the opportunity go.Special Features:
- Sicilian Culinary HeavenHollyDined on 3/20/2013It felt like being back in Sicily! It tasted like being back in Sicily! It's a little bit of Sicilian culinary heaven on 24th Street.Special Features:
- Good food at reasonable prices.OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/15/2013Good food at reasonable prices. Not oh wow, but decent for the price.Special Features:
- Authentic Sicilian menu &OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/14/2013Authentic Sicilian menu & atmosphere. Beautiful decor with wood burning oven. Spotless open kitchen.Special Features:
- Very slow bar service. UniqueOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/13/2013Very slow bar service. Unique Sicilian atmosphere. Wonderful food,especially the arancino and calamari fritti!Special Features:
- Not easy to find a restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/9/2013Not easy to find a restaurant devoted to Sicilian food! Granduca does an excellent job of interpreting the cuisine, and its desserts - especially the cassata - were heavenly!Special Features:
- we arrived early and had toOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/9/2013we arrived early and had to be served by a waitress going off shift. She was very inattentive and the second waitress was barely polite in "fixing" our misunderstandings. We chose the restaurant as it advertised being gluten friendly with special gluten free pasta -- but neither waitress was knowledgeable about any of the other dishes. Two of us had to switch meals when a meat dish ordered by one of the GF folks came breaded. Disappointing second visit as our first lunch time visit was so wonderful.Special Features:
- Fantastic experience! FoodJerryVIPDined on 3/7/2013Fantastic experience! Food and service phenominal! Will definitely return and recommend to many!Special Features:
- Full of unrealized promise.OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 3/2/2013A lovely room. It would be nice if they cared we were in it. We entered a 7:00, before they were busy. The waiter stopped by. Once. No refills on water. No offer to refill wine glasses until we were done with our meals. Tasteless fennel salad. Pasta ala Norma, which features eggplant, with one oily, lonely, unseasoned piece of eggplant on top of the pasta. No attention paid to the guests at all. The staff seemed uninterested. In the future, I will be, as well.Special Features:
- A good neighborhood addition.PeggyDined on 2/26/2013A good neighborhood addition. Maybe we lucked out because it was a calm and quiet night so we could have a conversation without raising our voices -- increasingly rare these days particularly in Flatiron restaurants. Our Branzino was cooked perfectly!!
- A Gift From SicilyMichaelOnMainDined on 2/23/2013As soon as you arrived, you knew you were in a special place from the Sicilian decor showcased in the two outside windows to the sicilian displays, artwork and projections inside.All of this made the ambiance very special. The food was outstanding and authentic--no matter what our party of 10 ordered--starting with the sicilian rice balls and meatballs as appetizers to the main courses whether it be homemade papparadelle,lobster and shrimp ravioli, flat shape pasta or swordfish. There was a wide variety of appetizers and courses to choose from. The tiramasu birthday cake was out of this world. The Nero d'Avola and the Pinot Grigio wines were excellent. The service was excellent. The manager, Francesco, made sure all your needs were met.Special Features:
- The waiter was nice but heOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/22/2013The waiter was nice but he forgot our drink orders twice and then just forgot to place my salad order and I never got it.
- Exceeded expectations Attentivemsar56Dined on 2/21/2013Exceeded expectations Attentive service without being overbearingSpecial Features:
- The funghissima is reasonPSKOTDined on 2/18/2013The funghissima is reason enough to go here weekly.
- Before or after visiting Mt. BataliFriendofPeteVIPDined on 2/15/2013A delightful surprise. Just down the street from Eataly, it's a delicious and smartly decorated restaurant. I plan to return.Special Features:
- Went there for valentinesOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013Went there for valentines day dinner. Great food and excellent service. Had a great time and will always recommend.Special Features:
- BELLISIMO--- AMAZING FINDnickpDined on 2/13/2013BELLISIMO--- AMAZING FIND GREAT EXPERIENCE, YOU FELT LIKE YOU TRAVELED TO ITALY WITHOUT LEAVING NY, STAFF WAS GREAT, AMAZING FOOD, GREAT ATMOSPHERE, A MUST GO BACKSpecial Features:
- Very authentic Italian andNolaVIPDined on 2/5/2013Very authentic Italian and Sicilian food. Friendly, attentive service. They actually have Italian waiters which we liked, because we are Italian. Would definitely go back.Special Features:
- After about 15 minutes ofOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 1/26/2013After about 15 minutes of no one even giving us a menu, I flagged down a server to give us menus. It was several more minutes before our actual server made an appearance without seeming in any way apologetic about how long we had been waiting. He subsequently forgot to bring fresh ground pepper after promising to bring it right away, although he made up for it a bit by comping my boyfriend's beer when my boyfriend didn't care for it. That said, the food was fairly good. We had the arrancini, which was flavorful and well-executed. The pizza toppings were great, and if you like coal-fired pizza you'll appreciate the char on it, although it still managed to be a little floppier than ideal.
- Hoping the 3rd time is the charmOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 1/26/2013I am 2nd generation Italian and visited Italy several times.The food here is authentic and prepared deliciously.The staff is friendly and gracious. They (Chef)do not handle special request well and they have either "run out" do not have items that are on their menu and they do not tell you until you ask. I saw a special item (that I love) pn their Web page Menu and I went specifically for that dish but I was told they didn't have it and went back a 2nd time and it was still on menu and they still didn't have it. The Pizzas are excellently done with numerous ingredients and they are served instantly ,but then we waited 30 min. for our next course..The bread however is like day old bread but tasty.But I will go back again the food isGreatSpecial Features:
- NOT FOR LARGE GROUPSOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/26/2013VERY DISAPPOINTED IN SERVICE AND FOOD GUESTS WERE SERVED WRONG ITEMS AND WAITED FOR CORRECTIONS FOOD WAS LUKE WARM EVEN AFTER WAITING LONG WAIT COURSES NOT CO-ORDINATED
- We both had pizza, was veryhenjamesDined on 1/15/2013We both had pizza, was very good. Service was excellent. RecommenededSpecial Features:
- My teenage daughter choseOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/12/2013My teenage daughter chose it for her birthday dinner (with two friends). They thoroughly enjoyed it -- and I found the bill reasonable. I'm pretty sure we'll go back so I can give it a try -- it's in the neighborhood.Special Features: