15 Bank Street
Stamford, CT 06901Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.stamfordgrand.com/
- Phone: 2033233232
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Birthdays, Anniversary, Reunions, Promotions, Corporate Events, Luncheons, Holidays, Bar/Bat Mitzvah, or just gathering with Friends. Contact Danielle @ 203-323-3232 for more info on party packages and pricing.
- Entertainment: Live Cuban Sounds (Now Twice a Month!) EVERY 2nd & 4th Thursday Live DJ Friday & Saturday starting at 10:00pm.
- Special Events: Birthdays, Anniversary, Reunions, Promotions, Corporate Events, Luncheons, Holidays, Bar/Bat Mitzvah, or just gathering with Friends.
Set up your next event or company function @ g/r/a/n/d!
A word from grand
A feeling of strength and comfort defines the g/r/a/n/d experience. It's minimalist style and decor, including a furtive exterior, has a hotel lobby feel to it. The main floor boasts a lounge overlooking a downtown street scene, a large bar and an intimate dining room. The second floor is reachable via a curving steel staircase where a second dining area and bar overlooks the people gathered down below. The menu consists of "little plates", "big plates", and "sweet plates", conducive to a grazing style of dining. Popular addictions include the max & cheese with truffles and gruyere, marinated beef lettuce wraps, tuna pizza, hot crab dip and chocolate fondue. Simply stated, it's truly a one-of-a-kind menu.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
grand reviews from OpenTable diners
- Adult milkshakes are not toAnnasmomDined on 7/5/2012Adult milkshakes are not to be missed! Great food & great service.Special Features:
- Great bar scene, entertainingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/26/2012Great bar scene, entertaining DJ. Food was not very good. Appetizers were over cooked (calamari) steak was dry no flavor and the salmon was the worst I had ever tried. Great for drinks and music, you are better off going to California pizza kitchen for a good meal at a decent price literally a third of what I spent for dinner.Special Features:
- Schizophrenic place, tastyontheflyVIPDined on 5/11/2012Schizophrenic place, tasty burgers in a place waiting to become a nightclub 90-minutes later.Special Features:
- Overcooked BurgersOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/13/2012Have gone there twice and both times the burger was not cooked to order (Medium Rare was requested but received Medium to Well Done). Service was poor when the place was empty. The waiter just seemed to disappear. I guess there is a reason this place is empty on a Friday Night.
- The Grand's food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/10/2012The Grand's food and service were excellent and they had a wonderful specialty drink menu. We three 45-50ish ladies went for dinner, but a younger crowd was on the way in as we were leaving for more of a club atmosphere that the restaaurant was changing over to after the dinner hour.Special Features:
- Happy hour is a great deal!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/4/2012Happy hour is a great deal! The dinner menu is somewhat limited and a little on the high end, but the food was great.
- We arrived for an early dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 12/13/2011We arrived for an early dinner at this clubby spot with an infant in a stroller, and the hostess could not have been more accommodating. She gave us a large corner booth where we could pull the stroller right next to the table and still have it be out of the way of other folks in the restaurant. The hostess stopped by several times to make sure we were OK, which was appreciated. The burger menu is very inventive, but the burgers themselves were a little dry and not very flavorful. The milkshakes were tasty, with or without alcohol, but the burgers just weren't as good as we'd hoped. Grand is still a cool, clubby, spot to go hang out with friends after work, but if your main agenda is getting a good burger, I'd probably look elsewhere.Special Features:
- True to its name.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/4/2011Absolutely delicious. We enjoyed the Bing Burger (perfectly cooked and a surprising meld of flavors) and the Brunch Burger (not my favorite, but perfectly cooked and the Truffle Hollandaise was a great complement to the ham and egg on top). Dr. Nuts BBQ sauce was delicious, and the Cocojito was amazing! We ordered dessert "to go" because we were full but were celebrating a birthday, and I think we caught our server offguard... Very accommodating nonetheless. Chocolate lava cake was excellent and ice cream to die for! Can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- We just had burgers and beer.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/6/2011We just had burgers and beer. Quality of food & service was high. Too noisy (music & youth party). Menu should cite traditional burgers too (e.g. onion, ketchup, bacon)Special Features:
- The ambiance & atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/24/2011The ambiance & atmosphere was beautiful. Wonderfully decorated, but the food did not match the scenery of the place. I expected the food to be a bit more classy but the menu matched that of a southern fast food place. Overall it was decent, I would just eat before I arrive.Special Features:
- We were dining on the earlyOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 6/17/2011We were dining on the early side (6-9pm), but it was practically empty. A shame, because it seems like a cool restaurant/lounge; really chill vibe and hip decor. The service was great though and the food was delicious!
- Not a place for a great diningOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/20/2011Not a place for a great dining experience. Mor like a nightclub with food. Dessert menu was awful - all ice cream. No imagination to that. Got very loud and busy after 10:00. Much younger crowd. Shouldn't really advertise as a great eating place. Appetizers were good, nothing exceptional about anything else.Special Features:
- Lighten Up on the Salt Chef!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/26/2011Good bar scene. Nice ambiance. Great hostess and waitress. Food was a disappointment. Good menu but it was far too salty. I could not finish the meal.Special Features:
- Never Disappointed ;-)boyslovefood227VIPDined on 2/4/2011We started going to Grand just for happy hour drinks and one time we decided to try something to munch on. All we could say after that was WOW! One appetizer turned into many more. We always try something new whenever we go there. Our waitress Kristen always greets us with a smile and reccommends new things for us to try. 9 times out of 10 we always end up trying them. We will soon be defined as "regulars" because we now come in once a week. But everyone we tell wants to give it a try and I can honestly say their never disappointed.Special Features:
- We've been searching for aOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/15/2011We've been searching for a Resturnt to Call our own, and I think we've found it! The layout and design was perfect, the ambiance was great and the location, not to bad. I could go for a wider selection on the menu (great menue as it though). My wife and I loved it. It was very neat, with a respectable staff. We'll call it the Ritz Carlton of stamford resturants.Special Features:
- Very good food! But it's inOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 4/10/2010Very good food! But it's in an odd "niche." Is it a restaurant, nightclub, or what? Very cool, "loungey" feel to it, including music choices. Frankly, it appears to be more of a club than a restauarnt, but the food is quite good and exceptionally well-presented -- as good as in many NYC establishments. Empty at 8 for dinner on a recent Saturday night, then I guess it gets packed in at 11 or 12 pm.Special Features:
- The place was practicallyOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/20/2010The place was practically empty on a Saturday night!
- The staff at Grand were veryOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/31/2009The staff at Grand were very friendly. The food was delish and came out to us at a great pace....wasnt rushed, or didnt take forever to come out. The food selection was great! Very enjoyable!Special Features:
- The food is nice to look atOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/8/2009The food is nice to look at but nothing had any real flavor. Tried 5 small plates and none were that good; had chocolate fondue for dessert, but that can't be ruined. Had beef lettuce wraps (in which the meat was mushy and the sauce was salty and overpowering and the pieces of lettuce were so small, they kept breaking), duck quesadilla (duck and cheese had no taste; relied on hoisin drizzled on top to make it have flavor), steak wontons (okay, but nothing exciting), coconut shrimp (too fried; batter was not sweet; 'sauce' served with it was chunky fruit with no liquid so couldn't dip it), mozz/tomato bruchetta (good, but nothing exciting). It's sad because this place has the potential to be great.
- A most enjoyable evening.rontVIPDined on 9/12/2009A most enjoyable evening. The food and wine were great and the service excellent.Special Features:
- The food at grand was excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/28/2009The food at grand was excellent - great selection of dishes and everything was prepared well. We hadn't realized how close to the bar the tables were, so it was a bit noisy but not unbearable. Unfortunately, the service was non-existent. Although everyone was very nice, it was painfully slow. We were sitting at our table for 20 minutes and when no one had even taken our drink order, I had to ask the hostess to find our waitress so we could get some drinks. It did not pick up from there.Special Features:
- Has definitely slipped a bit,OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/25/2009Has definitely slipped a bit, not as "yummy" as past dinners. Some of the fruit for the chocolate fondue was bruised. Sorry to say, we'll go elsewhere next time.
- Our food was very good, butSardeaneVIPDined on 1/24/2009Our food was very good, but restaurant was empty. Apparently, their business does not pick up until 8:30 or so. We were attending an 8pm symphony perfomance and told our waiter that we had to leave by a certain time. Even though we were the only diners, our meal took forever! We had to remind our waiter of our time constraint, and my husband had to wolf down his dessert while paying the bill. Don't think we would go back.Special Features:
- The food, service and atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/14/2008The food, service and atmosphere at g/r/a/n/d are great. Our waiter was friendly and attentive. My steak was perfectly cooked and was the perfect size - not too big, not too small.Special Features:
- Surprisingly great food forAlwaysontheroadVIPDined on 11/14/2008Surprisingly great food for such a "chic" hang out. It takes real talent to pull both off.Special Features:
- more like a nightclub whichOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 11/1/2008more like a nightclub which happens to serve food than a restaurant which also is a nightclub
- Didn't realize the place wouldOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 10/23/2008Didn't realize the place would be such a scene! Food was really good, a pleasant surprise. Service, from maitre'd and server, excellent, way above expectations.Special Features:
- I chose this restaurant becauseOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/23/2008I chose this restaurant because I was in Stamford on business and I had a chance to connect with my recently college-graduated daughter for dinner. It's definitely a younger-feeling place, although lots of cougars on the prowl on a Thursday night. The food was a bit better than average, but not outstanding. Drinks were fine, but nothing stood out. All-in-all, a ho-hum experience.Special Features:
- Not one of the bette mealsOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 6/25/2008Not one of the bette meals i have enjoyed. Service and food need a great deal of work. I would not recomend this restaurant as there are too many other fine eating establishment around the area
- Nice little find in Stamford,OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 3/14/2008Nice little find in Stamford, had no idea that it was even here. Good food, and great atmosphere. Not Outstanding, but nothing to complain about either. The drinks were a little pricey, it is Stamford, not Manhattan.