Grand Street Cafe
4740 Grand Ave
Kansas City, MO 64112Neighborhood:
Plaza / Brookside
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Grand Street Cafe
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://grandstreetcafe.com/
- Phone: (816) 561-8000
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 2:00pm - 9:00pm; Sunday Brunch: 10:30am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Miguel Medina
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Counter Seating, Delivery, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Grand Street Cafe is available to cater events from a few people to a few hundred people. Let their culinary team create an unforgettable menu specific to your event. Let us handle all of the details- from a cocktail reception to a multiple course dining experience.
We can also accomodate your private party here at the restaurant! Seating from 8 to 400, ask how you can rent private rooms to fit your needs.
- Special Events: Happy Hour Monday - Friday 3pm - 6pm with great drink specials- $3 glasses of wine, $ 2.25 draft beer, $3 well drinks
Thursday half price bottles of wine (under $75)
A word from Grand Street Cafe
Get comfortable, settle in, and let us introduce you to the Grand Street Cafe. The food is great, hearty and honest. It is also innovative and exciting without being flighty. Grand Street uses the freshest seasonal ingredients as they become available. Their commitment to freshness and quality is first and foremost. So, come in, relax, and let the Grand Street Cafe treat you to a little hospitality. Grand Street Cafe is one of the top restaurants in Kansas City. Rated "Excellent" by Zagat for 2005 and 2006. Rated as one of the best restaurants in the city by the readers of Ingram's magazine. Winner of numerous awards for Best Sunday Brunch, Best Service, and Best Business Lunch. So come see what all of the accolades are about, and don't forget the fantastic Happy Hour!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Grand Street Cafe - Best Restaurants in Plaza / Brookside ›
Grand Street Cafe reviews from OpenTable diners
124 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (67)fit for foodies (63)special occasion (60)great for lunch (54)great for brunch (50)good for groups (48)great for outdoor dining (40)romantic (32)notable wine list (24)hot spot (11)kid-friendly (8)vibrant bar scene (8)late-night find (7)scenic view (3)Show More
- Great BrunchGolferVIPDined on 11/23/2014We love this brunch! Consistently good food and great drinks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classy and Comfortablemkelly429Dined on 11/19/2014Probably my favorite restaurant in the Plaza area. I've been there for catch up meetings with girl friends. Special Occasions ... birthdays, memorial service, celebratory brunches. The food is always good and the service exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- cdottieDined on 11/12/2014The salad and dessert were really good. Main dish was just ok. It was really too hot to eat. I took it home and ate it for dinner the next day and it was ok. But the house we had to start with was really good - loved the pickled peaches.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tomthornVIPDined on 11/12/2014Pleasant environment and not overly crowded. Good for visiting without distractionSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service?FuzzyDined on 11/11/2014Good food and wonderful atmosphere but the service left a little to be desired.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I love Grand Street!TerriDined on 11/7/2014I love Grand Street, one of my very favorite Kansas City restaurants . I've had casual meals here and very special events as well as romantic dinners with my husband. It's a great environment with great good and service - very happy they are here in our great city !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LizinBrooksideDined on 11/7/2014Excellent food and service, as we have come to expect at Grand Street.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Laurakcfoodie1Dined on 11/6/2014Always great. Some of the best food in Kansas City.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Service by Carter!DiningDivasKCDined on 11/5/2014Our reservation was for 6 but when 2 more people joined Carter worked with us and continued on with her exceptional service. She provided us with a great overview of the menu and her honest opinion of must have's and must not's. Grand Street has an abundance of gluten free options, including pasta and bread, which was a hit for 1 person in our group. Also, amazing happy hour till 6, $3 glasses of good wine! We'll definitely be back!
- good food, pleasant enviromentsoupyDined on 11/1/2014good service, good menu including appetizers with a varietySpecial Features:
- Great ambience, lousy food ........Luv2dineDined on 10/31/2014This restaurant has great ambience and the server was very attentive. The kitchen was a big letdown.Special Features:
- A Casual Grand StreetITCfoodieDined on 10/28/2014We are from Wichita and glad to get the chance to visit the new Grand Street. It was a thumbs up experience and we will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Go Tomkelly429Dined on 10/26/2014I love Grand Street. It's my favorite for special brunch with special friends. The food is always good. Our server went out of his way to be helpful as usual.Special Features:
- Great Sunday BrunchJamieDined on 10/26/2014Definitely one of the best brunches around - the appetizer and dessert buffet part are outstanding - the desserts taste homemade rather than the usual mass produced tasteless offerings - just the right amount of tartness lemon bars, and flan were favorites - appetizers include shrimp that tastes like shrimp and a great tomato salad. Nice that the entrée choices cover breakfast and lunch - I had the quiche - it was excellent.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/24/2014Great place for lunch, business or getting together with friends. Atomsphere was very welcoming, friendly and relaxing. The meal was not rushed but not too slow, timing of food delivery and drink refills was great. The waiter was friendly, helpful with the menu and around when you needed him. I had the walleye special and it was very special, cooked perfectly and very favorful. All the vegetables and butternut squash mashed potatoes were excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Won't be backDinerDined on 10/11/2014We hadn't been to Grand St. Cafe in years so decided to give it a shot. What a waste of a night out! The waitress was completely clueless about the menu and didn't know how to open our bottle of wine. The food arrived cold. So we returned it and the manager asked us to "save the warm part" on another plate rather than redo the entire meal. We nearly laughed when he gave me a plate with a 1/2 eaten asparagus. We definitely won't be back there....
- coolfredDined on 10/8/2014The atmosphere was excellent....I had a guest in from out of town and her comment was "this is a cool restaurant"Special Features:
- Quality diningEdwiqDined on 10/5/2014We like the atmosphere in the restaurant. The service was great, and the food was very nice and presented well. We will dine there again, and soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- kinghouseVIPDined on 10/3/2014We were in a hurry and our server was extremely attentive and got us out in plenty of time.Special Features:
- Bob46VIPDined on 9/30/2014An excellent restaurant with creative, fresh food. Our waitress was exceptionalSpecial Features:
- Tough SteakaliceDined on 9/27/2014I ordered the steak salad, medium. It was well done and too tough to eat. The other members of the party were pleased with their food. The service was very good, very friendly. The ambiance very nice as well.Special Features:
- SatisfiedHappyDinerVIPDined on 9/27/2014Great restaurant with very good food and atmosphere. I highly recommend it.Special Features:
- great eveninghappydinersVIPDined on 9/23/2014Always dependable for food. Varied and interesting menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love This Place!PlazafoodieDined on 9/19/2014This is one of our favorites. It is perfect for so many occasions. I have had lunch, dinner & hosted a couple of business & family parties at this wonderful restaurant. The food is delious & appeals to all. I highly recommend a visit bSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatCourtneyDined on 9/19/2014We were seated right away and our server was great. The food never disappoints, always one of my go-to restaurants around the plaza.
- Great saladsprofDined on 9/17/2014The grilled salmon salad was excellent. The dessert (cake) was way above expectations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New MenuRenhouseDined on 9/7/2014They are working out a new brunch menu at Grand St. So far, not working so great. Cinnamon rolls were much worse than usual, quiche was terrible and the new huevos rancheros was not as good as I've had it before. I think the attention to the new dishes led them to slack off on the old tried and true.Special Features:
- What went wrong?munchieVIPDined on 9/7/2014We have always loved the brunch here. This week the quiche was dry, too dry to eat. The fish salad was quite strange. If they wish to try new things it shouldn't be on customers. We can't imagine it passing any kind of taste test. They did improve upon the fruit from past weeks. At least it was cut up enough to fit on your plate. We have always given Grand Sttreet high marks, but, not this time.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/6/2014I was very happy with everything, service, food taste, wine and drink, except that I ordered the scallops and I received 3 total. This would have been fine if they had all been large, but one was very small, one was medium sized, and one fairly large, and frankly for 28 dollars, I expected more. The rest of the entrees in my group seemed so large compared to mine.Special Features:
- ClassicamckcDined on 9/5/2014Grand Street Cafe, in my opinion, is an often overlooked restaurant since it's tucked away and not quite on the Plaza. However, it is truly a hidden jewel. The food is amazing, and the atmosphere is laid-back upscale. I've never had a dish that I didn't like, and the service is always great. I would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone living in or visiting the KC area. The portions are huge! My Mother and I split the chicken and there was more than enough to satisfy. I also had the house salad and it was amazing, I think I'm still having dreams about that salad, actually. And definitely take a look at the dessert tray. Wow. That's all I can say.Special Features:
- Great lunch spotConcertVIPDined on 9/5/2014Had a wonderful lunch. Thge swordfish was delicious and we shared a wondrful apple desert. Parking is always great here.Special Features:
- Very GoodFoodieDined on 8/31/2014I believe they overfeed you! Between the menu, the buffet and the sweet rolls - it is an amazing deal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LaurenceVIPDined on 8/25/2014I have dined at Grand Street on many occaisions and always had a good experience, but Monday evening was a disater! Terrible service, less than stellar food - and this was not a busy evening at the restuarant. I hope things improve fast!
- foodielDined on 8/24/2014This was an outstanding location for brunch. The service and food were fantastic with plenty of options for gluten free folks like me. We will definitely be back many times.Special Features:
- Just wanted to say thank you.CreatingMemoriesDined on 8/20/2014The only small draw back was the service. He was a little slow refilling the drinks and checking back with us, but made up with his very pleasant and eager to please personality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place, great foodrdcap98Dined on 8/12/2014This was my first time visiting and I'm only sad that I waited so long to do so. I'd seen the sign for the restaurant many times but just wasn't sure what to think based on the location (it appears to be in a boring office building, but that's just from the back - it's very nice when you enter the right door!) The food was amazing (I had the Thai shrimp wrap, my friend had the chicken salad). I wish we could have ordered a little bit of everything. I'll definitely be back.Special Features:
- Grand Street Cafe Kansas CityOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014Excellent waiter, Joe. Food we'll prepared and tasty. Had egg rolls, beet salad and trout entree Music was too loud to have conversation but was turned down upon request.Special Features:
- HungryVIPDined on 8/3/2014We went for Sunday brunch. I had the salad with salmon. Salad was a bit soggey; salmon was okay. The buffet saved the day, especially the shrimp. I think I prefer your 4-6 small plates special to the brunch. I'll be back, but probably not for brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/3/2014This is the second time I've been to Grand Street Cafe for brunch. Both times were great. There is an abundance of food on the appetizer bar and a very nice assortment of entrees to choose from. The food is high quality and obviously freshly prepared. The service was great. It's a great spot for couple or for groups. We will definitely be returning.Special Features:
- Very good menuJGT458Dined on 8/2/2014Had a martini then shared a couple of small plates and split a pasta entre - everything was great. Really enjoyed the mushroom and swill spring rolls Very good dining experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 945 reviews are from the Grand Street Cafe reviews archive.