Grand Isle Restaurant
575 Convention Center Blvd
New Orleans, LA 70130Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Grand Isle Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.grandislerestaurant.com/
- Phone: (504) 520-8530
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Pay with OpenTable,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Creole / Cajun / Southern
- Executive Chef: Mark Falgoust
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private parties welcome
- Private Party Contact: Jeff Hof-Managing Partner 5045208530x
A word from Grand Isle Restaurant
Louisiana Fish Camp, serving the freshest Louisiana seafood available along with some southern meat and poultry specialties. Spiced and boiled, fried, sautéed or grilled, the seafood comes from the waters off of Grand Isle Louisiana to your table without touching the freezer. Grand Isle Restaurant will take you back to the days when cold beer, 10 cent oysters and air conditioning were advertised on the windows. Pecky cypress walls will give you that "Fish Camp" feel but Grand Isle has all of the necessities to make your dining experience a Grand one. From a vast selection of great wines to specialty cocktails from the marble bar, Grand Isle Restaurant is a classic New Orleans Restaurant where you will find the locals. Dine in doors or outside on the Fulton St. mall.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Grand Isle Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Warehouse District ›
Grand Isle Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
34 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (11)great for outdoor dining (10)great for lunch (10)neighborhood gem (9)fit for foodies (7)kid-friendly (5)late-night find (2)scenic view (2)hot spot (2)special occasion (1)vibrant bar scene (1)romantic (1)Show More
- Disappointing foodMascouchoiseDined on 11/11/2014Food was very disappointing. We were a group of four, and only one person like their appetizer or entree. Average ambiance. Average service.Special Features:
- Very loudLansing2Dined on 11/10/2014after being seated by a very nice hostess, we decided there was no way we could enjoy a dinner meal. The place was only a third full, yet the noise level was simply unbelievable. We thanked the hostess, explain the reason for leaving and vowed never to return.
- Go Fish!Today27Dined on 11/5/2014Excellent food, service, and dining under the stars. Would recommend all the seafood. Local and tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Going in the Wrong DirectionCraneVIPDined on 11/1/2014Last few meals at Grand Isle have been most disappointing. Not sure if they have been changes in the kitchen but food had been extremely disappointing.Special Features:
- Good choice near convention centerAfoodiesincebirthVIPDined on 10/30/2014Nothing pretentious about it. Options to satisfy a range of tastes, from a nicely prepared shrimp salad to French fries (for those who want 'em). At lunchtime anyway, it was quiet from a noise perspective (yea!!).Special Features:
- Mixed experienceProfVIPDined on 10/10/2014I ate at Grand Isle twice in the last three days. The first time, the service was delightful, attentive, and personal. The second time, it was simply awful. The waiter was distracted, uninterested, and made no effort to communicate. For example, he got half way around the table taking drink orders and then simply left abruptly. When we finally flagged him back (with some effort), he took one more order and disappeared again! Both times, the tables were sticky. The food, though, was excellent. I especially recommend shrimp and grits. Delicious!
- Business lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/30/2014I was in town on business and we decided to try to the Grand Isle. A highly enjoyable lunch along with great service and lots of friendly staff members. I'll definitely eat there again if I find myself back in New Orleans.Special Features:
- Poor food optionsPamFDined on 9/29/2014Easy access from convention center but the menu is very limited with poor choices. Resturamts was loud making visiting difficult. Service was ok. I will not return
- GoodNothn4meDined on 9/5/2014In a city full of restaurants, I would have to say that Grand Isle is good. Nothing spectacular, yet nothing bad. The restaurant itself is clean and there is outdoor seating. Grand Isle has a wonderful corner spot on Fulton Street, which depending on the day, can put you in the middle of some worthy local entertainment. The menu is a bit limited, but that has it's advantages. Portion sizes are more than sufficient. I would return if I was in the area.Special Features:
- Amazing!!GdavisDined on 8/31/2014We saw GI advertised on the local tv channel while in our hotel. And we were glad that we checked it out. Our server Alisa was FAB-U-LOUS! 2 of us let her decide our meal for us, and she chose right! The shrimp and grits were out of this world.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousBreifneVIPDined on 8/2/2014Very pleased with the house-cured ham, and the inventive baked oysters. Good beer selection, reasonable prices. Great casual dining.Special Features:
- OKCraneVIPDined on 7/30/2014Not bad but with such an abundance of great restaurants within blocks of Grand Isle, it has to make it on its location and ambiance...Special Features:
- The following 282 reviews are from the Grand Isle Restaurant reviews archive.
- Grande IslenooneVIPDined on 6/21/2014Grand Isle is a reasonable place for lunch, perhaps also for dinner. We had a light lunch, and the food was good, although not particularly distinguished. The oyster appetizer was good, but the oysters were miniscule - certainly not up to what one finds at Drago's, for example. The rest of the meal was standard fare - a salad and a shrimp poboy. It's convenient location makes Grand Isle a good option for lunch for those in the CBD.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Waitress was sweetCharlieMacDined on 6/6/2014The lady waitress was super sweet and warm. A true asset to your restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I Love Grand Isle!tonilynDined on 5/16/2014This is a great spot in the middle of everything. The menu has a great variety of options but not too many where you are looking around for a long time. Everything is tasty and the wait staff are VERY personable and fun!Special Features:
- Most Recent VisitDCATDined on 5/4/2014This was our most recent visit of many we have had in the last several years and to be honest we were a little disappointed. We found that the menu had been reduced in choice and the restaurant was very quiet versus the vibrant busy environment that we had seen on past visits. The service was pleasant but the food was not up to the same quality that we had enjoyed on previous visits. As an example my wife found that her pasta was a little beyond "al dente" and I was disappointed with the gumbo I had which was "OK to good" versus the outstanding dish that I had enjoyed on previous visits.
- Dinner in the Big EasyBusinessMealsDined on 4/22/2014I had eaten lunch at the Grand Isle several times, but the last time was about 2 years ago. When we arrived for dinner at about 8:30 pm, the place was almost empty. I was worried that the quality had reduced. This was a business dinner, and we had a lot of items to discuss, so the noise level and lack of people was perfect for my purposes. When the food arrived I was glad that the quality of the food and the service was the same as the last time I dined here. This may have just been an off night, but I cannot believe how empty this place was based on our experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not goodHGIIIDined on 4/13/2014There are a lot of great restaurants in New Orleans but this is not one of them Food just fair, service poor.
- Excellent experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/12/2014A co-worker recommended we try the Grand Isle on our trip to New Orleans. So glad she did! The food was wonderful. Each dish had an amazing flavor. The service was impeccable. It was a comfortable, casual atmosphere after a long day of sightseeing.Special Features:
- Wonderful food and service.SamschackVIPDined on 4/10/2014Wonderful food and service. Excellent fresh seafood and very attentive staff. Will definitely be back next time we are in N.O.Special Features:
- Good Food, Good LocationGuestDined on 3/31/2014You are at the convention center, want good seafood and don't want to go far? This is the place, particularly if you eat at Midwest times before the noise level reaches nola normal. Good fresh food. A bit noisy later.Special Features:
- Great As UsualCountrygirlDined on 3/26/2014We had a birthday lunch for my boss and, as usual, the food was great and the portions (even for the "small plates") were more than we could eat. Great left-overs!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazing shrimp and grits,OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/22/2014amazing shrimp and grits, the oysters too! Fun ambiance and classy, not stuffy. Highly reccommendedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great VarietyTexasDined on 3/7/2014The menu has a diversity of dishes and all are good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thoroughly Enjoyed Our Lunch!yoloDined on 3/3/2014We had lunch at Grand Isle to fortify ourselves before braving the cold at this year's Mardi Gras parades. The Bloody Mary's were a great way to start. My husband had the pork and it was delicious. I chose the fried shrimp platter with fries and coleslaw and was pleased with the crispiness of the shrimp and portion size. Very good coleslaw! We watched servers carrying plates of onion rings that looked absolutely wonderful. Next time we visit, we will definitely order some.Special Features:
- Mardi Gras WeekendCharlieGSDined on 2/28/2014Located close to the River near the "steamships" we walked from the Hilton Riverside. We had a delicious selection of starters, salads, soup, entrees, and dessert. All dressings and desserts made in-house. Bar was filled with revelers celebrating the occasion in a noisy, excited atmosphere but less chaotic than Bourbon St and just outside the French Quarter. Also reasonably priced for New Orleans, specially during Mardi Gras.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very niceJeMcBDined on 2/24/2014We ate here because we had some time to kill, needed lunch, and it was close to our hotel (the Hilton). What a pleasant surprise! Great food, our server was excellent, and reasonably priced for the quality of food. A bit more expensive then I would spend at home for lunch (around $20) but given the fact that I ate delicious, fresh seafood, I found it reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So many other choices.MikeandLoVIPDined on 2/22/2014Grand Isle is OK. The food is good and so is the service. But there are so many other choices in NOLA that offer better food and a better experience. When you in NOLA you expect rich, flavorful and spicy foods.Our meals did not offer any of that experience.
- Great food in a great neighborhoodAParDined on 2/14/2014Went there with family of four for valentines day. Fulton street has really seen some improvements in the past few years, and this is one of them. It's an energetic restaurant, not very cozy or quiet, but with two kids, we were. It looking for that anyway. Food was excellent, would recommend the fishermans stew! Waitstaff were good, but could tell they were busy on this special day. Def a place to recommend for good seafood!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousDebbieGVIPDined on 2/10/2014The fried seafood platter was enough for two and everything was tasty and delicious. My husband had the seafood stew and he ate every bit along with helping me with my entree. The waitress was friendly and fun. I was truly tempted to buy the Grand Isle Martini, (which has an oyster in it) but I needed my wits about me when we walked to Harrah's afterwards. Even though we live in Atlanta, I'll admit y'all know how to cook 'southern' better than we do. We loved your hospitality and would enjoy coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- decent place if you're neariowabearVIPDined on 1/18/2014decent place if you're near the convention center - but I wouldn't make a trip back just for the restaurant - food was good, not great.
- So nice we ate there twiceWorldwideeaterDined on 1/12/2014We chose the restaurant because it had catfish on the menu and returned with friends because of the quality of the food. Easy to find from the cruise terminal and convention Center.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good choice for most any nighTDineDined on 12/31/2013Maybe not the first place you think of in New Orleans but I will say this that the food was excellent and the service was friendly and attentive . Our New Year's Eve dinner was as good and relaxed as one. Luke have asked for . The food was surprisingly good .i would recommend highly for the value !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Fried Oysters AnywhereOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/30/2013I ordered the fried oysters with the salad, just wonderful. Had the tuna appetizer as well, it was fantastic.Special Features:
- Second time heremk21cbDined on 12/29/2013The second time was as good as the first. NO was wiping TB on the TV, however it was a nice time and not too loud. good place for kids to be while the adults can enjoy it to the fullest.Special Features:
- Missing ShrimpOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 12/23/2013My family and I dined here a few nights ago and wasn't impressed. The resturant itself was very nice in appearance and the service was good. However, the quality and quatity of the food was average. We ordered a seafood platter and didn't get any shrimp. we sent it back after we asked if we were suppose to have shrimp. When our server came back with the plate, we had four small shrimp. We were not happy. All in all, it is a nice spot to watch a game but come in small groups as large groups had to be seated at separate tables. We probably won't be eating there again.Special Features:
- It was not a good choice,ZORRODined on 12/8/2013It was not a good choice, too noisy. We like a quiet place.
- Classic New Orleans foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/5/2013Found this place for night meal... good , classic new orleans seafood. the bread pudding was the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Charbroiled oysters everDgoat68Dined on 11/21/2013We always love the fresh food and charbroiled Grand oysters are to die for. They always have the Saints games on also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but not greatLarrybbaldwinVIPDined on 11/21/2013We were hungry and it was close by. Oysters were good but not served on ice and broiled oyster dished were heavy on sauce and cheese and still cold underneath from having been refrigerated before broiling. Shrimp and grits was great and happy hour drinks were half price!