Grand Dining Room - Grand Wailea - Waldorf Astoria
3850 Wailea Alanui Drive
Wailea, HI 96753Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Grand Dining Room - Grand Wailea - Waldorf Astoria
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.wailearesortdining.com/
- Phone: 8088751234x4900
- Hours of Operation:
Daily Buffet 7am - 10am
Sunday Brunch: 10:30am - 1:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Hawaii Regional Cuisine, Continental, American
- Executive Chef: Eric Faivre
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Counter Seating, Entertainment, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
- Entertainment: Live Hawaiian music and hula during.
A word from Grand Dining Room - Grand Wailea - Waldorf Astoria
Maui's best Sunday Champagne brunch with panoramic views of the Pacific with live Hawaiian music and hula. Daily breakfast buffet and a la carte menu also available. No reservations required for daily buffet.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Grand Dining Room - Grand Wailea - Waldorf Astoria reviews from OpenTable diners
17 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.9Noise LevelModerate
great for brunch (17)scenic view (15)great for outdoor dining (11)special occasion (8)kid-friendly (5)great for lunch (5)romantic (4)neighborhood gem (3)fit for foodies (3)good for groups (3)late-night find (1)Show More
- AnniversaryDCatVIPDined on 9/7/2014Staff went above and beyond to make brunch special for us...the views are amazing...the food is yummy...and service is excellent...must do for sunday brunch...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spectacular!LightningMcQVIPDined on 9/7/2014Brunch buffet on the balcony overlooking the fountain, pools and the ocean. It doesn't get any better than this! Everything we tried was very good, and the creme filled malasadas are spectacular! This is not diet food, so give yourself a pass and just come ready to indulge. You can walk it off on the beach later ;)Special Features:
- Grand experience at Grand WaileafinedinerDined on 8/31/2014Sunday champagne brunch is a delightful experience! That is my second time going since 2010. It was as good the second time as the first. The food is fresh and delicious! ! Our server was friendly and attentive. The view over the Pacific and the grounds of the resort were satisfying to every sense. Truly, a delightful culinary experience. I also like the fact that they offer 50% off to local Hawaiians as it's expensive to live here on the islands. They even honor Hawaiian traditions with live yet gentle music and hula dancing at brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great AmbianceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/3/2014Brunch was delicious! Our waiter was spot on! Our glasses were always full and he was very attentive! The food was yummy. The ambiance was great. The view of the ocean was calming and beautiful.Special Features:
- Beautiful Hotel/ Ocean View SeatsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/27/2014My family had Sunday Brunch here. The food was good and great selection from bagels, pasta, sushi, fruit, little kid table, and ice cream sundae bar. The view was amazing and overall wonderful place to check out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/6/2014an awesome varied selection of foods to tantalize our palate.Special Features:
- StevenDined on 6/29/2014Wonderful setting for a very reasonable quality brunch. We visited two Sundays in a row while we were on MauiSpecial Features:
- When in Wailea Maui, must dine hereApplesandbananasVIPDined on 6/22/2014We had Sunday brunch here while we were on vacation. The brunch featured hot and cold items -- prime rib and snow crab legs and options for vegetarians to allergy-conscious eaters. The view on the veranda is spectacular. Only complaint is the birds flying around and sometimes landing on your table. Live entertainment - Hawaiin music and hula dancer. Come hungry. Leave happy.Special Features:
- memorable brunch!mmmmmMauDined on 6/15/2014We did the Sunday Grand Buffet and everyone in our group...2 adults, 3 teenage boys...LOVED the variety, taste, and presentation of the huge selection offered. Our favorites varied from the incredible dessert bar to miso soup, sushi, seafood, eggs benedict, sundae bar, pasta, and meat carving station to list only a few. We were thoroughly impressed with the buffet. Nothing can top the view from the balcony overlooking the ocean!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SushishakaDined on 6/8/2014Been to other Brunches on Maui and this is the Best Brunch on the island!Special Features:
- Sunday BrunchNRizzoVIPDined on 6/8/2014Amazing Champagne brunch - very large selection of food. Made to order omelets seafood, meat selection - all very impressive.Special Features:
- Worth Every PennyOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/1/2014Just wonderful. Wait staff was the most cordial and caring ever. Custom owlet was great. We also were surprised with a small aniversary cake . How thoughtful was that?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderfulhoneyDined on 6/1/2014The brunch was outstanding. We have been to the brunch a few times and it never fails to amaze. Of course , the view is spectacular.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 15 reviews are from the Grand Dining Room - Grand Wailea - Waldorf Astoria reviews archive.
- Sunday brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/27/2014The service was excellent the food okay. I was hoping for a larger assortment. Crab legs had no taste, I am guessing previously frozen. Anyway I wouldn't go again for the price.Special Features:
- At least valet parking was freeMakanaleiDined on 4/20/2014Wow, for $80 per adult, you would think there would be more variety of food. Last time I checked, the "Br" in brunch stood for breakfast...there was very minimal breakfast foods (bacon, sausage, and eggs benedict). There was only one salad station serving only Caesar salad. some stations were woefully understaffed, having to wait for the attendant to finish making a Caesar salad in order to get a slice of roast beef was a let down. Majority of the stations were for dessert...definitely not worth the money and not going back. No local friendly.
- My parents go to the SundaySaraDined on 4/6/2014My parents go to the Sunday Brunch several tines each June when in Maui. They also like the evenings. It is a beautiful setting and the service is exceptional. You are pampered.Special Features:
- Dont do the tasting menuOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/16/2014I think the a la carte menu items are much better. The beef option tasted like a sxhool cafeteria steak finger. Dessert was pretty good. I didnt appreciate that the wine pairings werent published so I wasnt confident I wasnt being served whatever was leftover behind the bar.Special Features:
- champagne brunchTheAndersonsDined on 3/16/2014Go for the Sunday champagne brunch! Delicious! So much to choose from. Fun. Amazing view! We will be back next time we are in Maui.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday BrunchYummy123Dined on 3/2/2014Great selection of food- salads, pastries, carving station, fish, chicken, crab legs, etc. Good discount for kama'aina, wonderful view...a great way to spend Sunday morning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/2/2014Enjoyed the Sunday champagne brunch with along 7 family members. The price is a little high, but to be expected at this location and with such a beautiful surrounding. Some of our favorite items were the malasadas, Peking duck salad and coconut creme brûlée. The only thing that was slightly lacking was the service. Not bad, just not above and beyond for how much we were spending. Everyone enjoyed a delicious brunch on a rainy morning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Need to reorganizeMauiloverDined on 2/16/2014We've been here for brunch many times and it's always special. Unfortunately, the organization of the buffet line and kitchen created major bottlenecks and lines of people waiting for stations to be replenished. They needed two hot food lines, separated from one another. For example, when the eggs Benedict were replenished, a small platter of about a dozen (cold) eggs arrived. Those disappeared in a flash to the dozen people milling about waiting for them. So another buffet line bottleneck was immediately created. While the dining experience was lovely, as always, the experience of picking up one's food left much to be desired and was a real disappointment after many years of smoothly-running food production and distribution.Special Features:
- Used to be a good brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/16/2014Now it's just standard hotel buffet food, and not very creative at that. Not a good value, even at kama'aina prices. For the $100 we spent (including tip) for the two of us, we'd have rather gone to Marco's for eggs benedict four times. We went along with my parents who got a gift certificate for Christmas (not from us). We won't be back. Lines were long and the buffet area was hard to navigate with the crowds. The hotel should consider redesigning the area to allow for better flow and to make it easier for the staff to replenish.
- Great BrunchSeedembonesDined on 1/19/2014Loved the food and the atmosphere… for a buffet brunch, it was very goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Christmas BrunchStillHungryDined on 12/25/2013I did not enjoy my dinning experience. The food was unpalatable and the service was absent. There were far too many people for the wait staff count. We were sat and that was the last time we were seen by a waiter/waitress. I stopped a busboy to retrieve our check. I would compare the ambiance to a Disneyland resort where it is extremely loud, crowded and unorganized. We ended up leaving early and going to another nearby restaurant for brunch which was fantastic. The Grand for events like these needs to adjust for a smaller crowd, taste test all food before serving, increase experienced staff (Chef included) and bring more of a elegance to it's establishment. It is of course "The Grand".
- Overpriced average buffetOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/22/2013Food was OK. Nothing special. Coffee was not hot, many items were not labeled, taste was average. Service was slow with used plates piling up on our table. Just not what one expects from a $50+ per person buffet.Special Features:
- Special BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/1/2013Our server was outstanding and it really felt he put in an effort to make our experience memorable. He made sure my friend and I were enjoying ourselves and we never felt rushed at all. He was very attentive and even gave us a water-to-go before we left to make sure we were hydrated. He also brought out a beautiful giant macaroon cake for each of us because we mentioned to him we were celebrating our b-days. We weren't expecting that and it really made our first experience there so much more memorable. It's ashamed we didn't remember his name.. The negative I would say is the birds, they will attack your plate AND the buffet line when no one is looking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great buffer! Best champagneHleeDined on 11/10/2013Great buffer! Best champagne brunch on Maui! Mharlon is an Awesome server!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday BrunchKimoDined on 11/3/2013Wonderful Hula and music to go along with any Maui Island lovers dream!Special Features: