Grand Dining Room at the Jekyll Island Club Hotel
371 Riverview Drive
Jekyll Island, GA 31527Neighborhood:
ContinentalPrice: $31 to $50
Grand Dining Room at the Jekyll Island Club Hotel
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.jekyllclub.com/
- Phone: (912) 635-5155
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast Monday - Saturday: 7:00am - 11:00am, Sunday: 7:00am - 10:00am; Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 2:00pm; Dinner nightly: 6:00pm - 10:00pm; Sunday Brunch 10:45am - 2:00pm; Victorian Tea daily: 4:00pm - 5:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Continental
- Executive Chef: Abigail Hutchinson
- Dress Code: Jacket Preferred
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Full catering menu available for off site.
- Private Party Facilities: Small meeting rooms available for private parties.
- Private Party Contact: Lynn Lee 9126352600x1021
- Entertainment: Pianist for Dinner and Sunday Brunch.
A word from Grand Dining Room at the Jekyll Island Club Hotel
Fine Dining, Southern Style, The Grand Dining Room of Jekyll Island Club Hotel offers the food, service and ambience you have come to expect in this graceful and elegant 19th Century setting.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Grand Dining Room at the Jekyll Island Club Hotel - Best Restaurants in Jekyll Island ›
Grand Dining Room at the Jekyll Island Club Hotel reviews from OpenTable diners
41 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (32)romantic (28)great for brunch (14)fit for foodies (11)good for groups (11)notable wine list (8)scenic view (7)great for lunch (6)kid-friendly (5)neighborhood gem (5)late-night find (1)Show More
- CoolerDined on 11/16/2014It was a special day for my wife and I. We went down for Brunch, the food was really good. The service after the setup was slow to not be very full in the dinning room. Overall a good brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classic elegance and serviceDwstewDined on 11/9/2014This historic property is beautifully maintained and well worth the effort to get there. Stroll the grounds and building to get a feel for the significance of the people and events that made it famous. When you enter the dining room the sound of the piano sets the stage for a generous brunch buffet display. A glass of champagne starts the show. Waiters are attentive and eager to answer questions. The food quality is very good. Selection is what you expect in an upscale Sunday brunch. The only thing we objected to is the $6 rip off fee to enter the island.Special Features:
- Great Entry to JekyllTricapDined on 11/8/2014We appreciated an excellent reception, service and food at the restaurant after a long day's drive to Jekyll Island. My wife and I both enjoyed their seafood offerings, clams with Edwards sausage, grouper and shrimps & grits. Restaurant has formal ambience but bus casual is acceptable. If not staying at hotel, use the complimentary valet parking as parking lot is behind hotel.Special Features:
- Excellent service and ambiance.SavfooddemonDined on 10/29/2014Good food, generous drinks and excellent service. The hotel dining room reminds of yesteryear and offers a very romantic setting.Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerNolesrockDined on 10/26/2014Returned to the Grand Dining Room at the Jekyll Island Club for the monthly dinner dance. Food selections were superior as was the atmosphere. Always look forward to the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingNeverHomeDined on 10/26/2014One of the best Sunday brunches I've ever had! More than just a buffet, this is a wonderful place to treat you, friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed it very muchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/24/2014We enjoyed our dinner very much. It was a perfect way to celebrate our anniversary.Special Features:
- Good, as alwaysBernisoacDined on 10/19/2014Coming since almost 20 years now, 3 times each year. We've never been disappointed. This time they had Octoberfest. Enjoyed the Sauerbraten and the Schnitzel. Salmon was good, but didn't fit the Octoberfest theme. Desserts are always excellent. Especially the the cakes and tortes. Can't wait to be back.Special Features:
- More than specialFriendFabDined on 10/11/2014The staff and dining experience was fabulous - we had a lovely anniversary celebration - Thank you!Special Features:
- Shrimps & GritsShrimpGritsDined on 10/11/2014Our dining experience was as awesome as it was on previous occasions. I would highly recommend their award winning Shrimp & Grits.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great place, great!michiganbaDined on 10/5/2014This experience was the best and it saves your reputation. The hotel is a bit too shabby for the price, and this dining saves you.Special Features:
- Sunday brunch is the best!LilidaDined on 9/28/2014Chef prepared my omelette to my specifications; beef at carving station was melt-in-your-mouth tender.Special Features:
- wonderful experienceTigerBoneMDDined on 9/20/2014My wife and I had dinner after the Shrimp and Grits Festival as guests of the hotel and had a fantastic dining experience, from the menu to the service to the setting.Special Features:
- Great Sunday BruncchmarsDined on 9/14/2014The food was absoloutely fantastic. My sister and I had a wonderful and memorable brunchSpecial Features:
- Not what it used to beLhgtDined on 8/31/2014The brunch was ok but nothing special. One member of our party did not eat fish and the options for her were disappointing. Even the carving station was fish. There used to be a dress code. I understand that the world has become more casual; however, there were people in shorts, t-shirts and tennis shoes. Too bad.
- Always specialTlenDined on 8/26/2014We always have our anniversary dinner here when we are on Jekyll. Super Old Fashioned. My wife loves their liver and onions. I had a great filet - rare and just right. Excellent pianist.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014Great food. Great service! Will be coming back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely dinnerKarenDined on 8/10/2014It was a lovely place to celebrate an anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good not greatRamekinDined on 8/10/2014The service and food were very good but we were hoping for a true experience and it fell short. The dress code was not enforced and we felt like we were at the Golden Corral prior to being seated. It could have been much better.Special Features:
- Nice dinnerMrBillDined on 8/7/2014Nice anniversary dinner. We were also spending several days at the Jekyll Island Club. Service was very attentive. The only negative was their Jekyll Island Club "champagne". It was bulk process and fairly sweet and for $25 it is not worth it. Spend a few bucks more and get a good California sparkling wine or French Champagne.Special Features:
- Fantastic food and great atmosphereBetsyJayDined on 8/2/2014We treated ourselves for husband's birthday dinner while vacationing on Jekyll. The restaurant and service were classy, pretty, with great attention to detail. We noticed the arrangement of "stuff" on the table - salt and pepper shakers, sweetener container, small vase of red roses, and kerosene candlelamp - was placed according to the number of diners at each table. Servers were gracious and pleasant. We ordered their famous Shrimp and Grits and were not disappointed. It was served hot and delicious. Portion was just right. The creme brulee for dessert - a hard pick among other goodies such as key lime pie, pecan pie, and a special "turtle" chocolate delight - was smooth and luxurious. We felt pampered, as indeed we were.Special Features:
- Traditional and wonderfulLynnybrookDined on 7/29/2014The Grand Dining Room was what you would hope for in a grand, historic hotel. The service was perfect as was the food. The menu is traditional in many ways although there were also new appetizers and a daily special from the chef. We loved every bite.Special Features:
- Great OverallTravelerDined on 7/27/2014This is one of the best places I go. I travel all the time and eat 15 Meals per week in restaurants this is one of my favorite places. Always great service and the food is consistent. Highly recommend!!!!Special Features:
- The following 347 reviews are from the Grand Dining Room at the Jekyll Island Club Hotel reviews archive.
- DinnerLobesDined on 7/23/2014Have never had a bad meal or experience in the Grand Dining Rm!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome mealMikeDined on 7/23/2014The service was great.Every food item ordered was above average and the dinning area was grand and historic.it was our anniversary and could not have been more pleased!Special Features:
- Awesome Service, best dessertSavannahlocalDined on 7/21/2014My wife and I always enjoy dining at the Grand Dining Room at the Jekyll Island Club. Service is always great and attentive. They have one of the best brunches in coastal Georgia and the Chocolate Jekyll Island Sea Turtle dessert is just plain amazing! Chocolate top and bottom shell, filled with chocolate mousse on a bed of brown sugar sand and blue corn syrup ocean with little sugar candy turtle eggs. Truly a decadent dessert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Back in Time Dining ExperiencebeachgirlDined on 7/17/2014This was my first trip to the Jekyll Island Club. The Grand Dining Room is just beautiful and has so much history to it. My daughter and I felt like we were back in time when the elite stayed there. The Ladies and Gentlemen who work in the dining room were all very pleasant and engaging. Their uniforms fit the motif of the era. Our dinner was prepared to our liking and the service was superb. Looking forward to going back in October for my daughter's wedding.Special Features:
- Birthday nonpareil!1Charlie3Dined on 7/17/2014Treated my wife to a fantastic birthday dinner. Everything was special from the food to the service. A great eating experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerAnniversaryDined on 7/16/2014Celebrated our 31st wedding anniversary with dinner, great service, food and atmosphere. Second time we've had dinner in the grand dining room, both times really enjoyed ourselves. Would highly recommend for special occasions.Special Features:
- A night to remember!MrsMDined on 7/14/2014My husband, son (10) and I dined in the Grand Dining Room. The evening did not disappoint! We had been looking forward to going back for dinner after first going a couple of years ago. The food was fantastic, as was the service. You cannot ask for a more beautiful and elegant spot. Highly recommend the escargot and the seafood risotto. Be sure to save room for dessert. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experienceJerryDined on 7/5/2014We stayed at the Jekyll Club and dined for dinner during our stay. Beautiful dining room decorated with style and character. We enjoyed a delicious dinner special that was offered including filet and shrimp. Both were excellent. We were treated to a complimentary dessert that was included in the special and chose an AMAZING macadamia nut pie. Overall an excellent experience.Special Features:
- Dinner and dancing: a 3 hour escapeDanceNiteDined on 6/29/2014The Jekyll Island Club's Sunday Dinner Dance is the highlight of our the month. The chef always has exciting entrees to experience while the service is top notch, professional, and very friendly. Dancing to the music played by the very talented Jekyll Island Club Quartet is an escape to an elegant time in the past.Special Features:
- Perfect for a celebrationLisaSolodDined on 6/27/2014The Jekyll Island Hotel is a gem and the Grand Dining Room is lovely. Interesting dishes. Very good wine choice. Professional service and a romantic atmosphere. The evening was perfect.Special Features:
- A Rare 5 Star TreatDiningOutwithBobVIPDined on 6/22/2014The Grand Dining Room is just that: Grand. A throwback to an era where food, service and ambiance came together for a great dining experience. On top of a wonderful meal and outstanding service (thank you, Jed) in beautiful surroundings, there is a pianist. That's really hard to believe nowadays. We ate there this past Saturday and Sunday and if we were still on Jekyll Island today, we'd eat there again. Thank you to the entire staff who make dining there a real pleasure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Father's Day BrunchZDebDined on 6/15/2014Fabulous brunch with family. The Grand Dining Room is beautiful and the food was gorgeous and delicious!!! There was a discount for our 2 grandsons so that was a nice plus too. There were so many choices something for everyone. No one was disappointed it was a wonderful experience for all of us (7). Would definetely go again and recommend the brunch to anyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- grdeat experienceclassicDined on 6/7/2014food was awesome but service was the best experience in years. a very special placeSpecial Features:
- Average BrunchLynnDined on 5/18/2014The brunch was like so many. Very good cold items, poor hot items. The brunch come with one glass of Champagne. extra glass is $7. The entire bottle of the Champagne (sparking wine) costs the restaurant less then $7 a bottle. If you in area it is OK for brunch, but not a great brunch.Special Features:
- Special OccasionOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/17/2014My wife and I celebrated our 24th anniversary here Saturday night. It was our first time here. We had 8:00 pm reservations, so it was not a full dining room. Therefore, it was a calm atmosphere and we could hear the live piano player across the room. Jed was our server and he made us feel right at home. He was very personable. He explained the menu very clearly and he was very detail oriented. My wife had the marinated chicken and I had the fresh catch. Both were cooked perfectly and delicious. The highlight of the night was the chocolate mousse turtle for dessert! It was delicious, creative and a great presentation! All in all, the night was fantastic! Thanks to everyone who made our night special!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Grand, but comfortableSuitelifeVIPDined on 5/16/2014Food and service exceeded expectations. Dined here for a lunch, a dinner, and two breakfasts while staying at the Hotel. Dining room extends to a delightful sunroom for breakfasts.Special Features:
- Beautiful settingTheHappyWandererDined on 5/12/2014I was recently treated to a Mother's Day dinner in the Grand Dining Room. The setting was beautiful - table linens, candlelight, and a small arrangement of roses on each table. Service was friendly and attentive. Cocktails were well-made. Nice wine list. Salad and entree - attractive presentation, nice proportions, and delicious. The same held true for dessert. A truly pleasant experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.