Grand Dining Room at the Jekyll Island Club Hotel
371 Riverview Drive
Jekyll Island, GA 31527Neighborhood:
ContinentalPrice: $31 to $50
Grand Dining Room at the Jekyll Island Club Hotel
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.jekyllclub.com/
- Phone: 9126355155
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast Monday - Saturday: 7:00am - 11:00am, Sunday: 7:00am - 10:00am; Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 2:00pm; Dinner nightly: 6:00pm - 10:00pm; Sunday Brunch 10:45am - 2:00pm; Victorian Tea daily: 4:00pm - 5:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Continental
- Executive Chef: Abigail Hutchinson
- Dress Code: Jacket Preferred
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Full catering menu available for off site.
- Private Party Facilities: Small meeting rooms available for private parties.
- Private Party Contact: Lynn Lee 9126352600x1021
- Entertainment: Pianist for Dinner and Sunday Brunch.
A word from Grand Dining Room at the Jekyll Island Club Hotel
Fine Dining, Southern Style, The Grand Dining Room of Jekyll Island Club Hotel offers the food, service and ambience you have come to expect in this graceful and elegant 19th Century setting.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Grand Dining Room at the Jekyll Island Club Hotel - Best Restaurants in Jekyll Island ›
Grand Dining Room at the Jekyll Island Club Hotel reviews from OpenTable diners
43 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelQuiet
special occasion (36)romantic (33)fit for foodies (12)great for brunch (12)good for groups (8)great for lunch (7)scenic view (7)notable wine list (7)kid-friendly (7)neighborhood gem (5)late-night find (2)Show More
- More than specialFriendFabDined on 10/11/2014The staff and dining experience was fabulous - we had a lovely anniversary celebration - Thank you!Special Features:
- Shrimps & GritsShrimpGritsDined on 10/11/2014Our dining experience was as awesome as it was on previous occasions. I would highly recommend their award winning Shrimp & Grits.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great place, great!michiganbaDined on 10/5/2014This experience was the best and it saves your reputation. The hotel is a bit too shabby for the price, and this dining saves you.Special Features:
- Sunday brunch is the best!LilidaDined on 9/28/2014Chef prepared my omelette to my specifications; beef at carving station was melt-in-your-mouth tender.Special Features:
- wonderful experienceTigerBoneMDDined on 9/20/2014My wife and I had dinner after the Shrimp and Grits Festival as guests of the hotel and had a fantastic dining experience, from the menu to the service to the setting.Special Features:
- Great Sunday BruncchmarsDined on 9/14/2014The food was absoloutely fantastic. My sister and I had a wonderful and memorable brunchSpecial Features:
- Not what it used to beLhgtDined on 8/31/2014The brunch was ok but nothing special. One member of our party did not eat fish and the options for her were disappointing. Even the carving station was fish. There used to be a dress code. I understand that the world has become more casual; however, there were people in shorts, t-shirts and tennis shoes. Too bad.
- Always specialOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/26/2014We always have our anniversary dinner here when we are on Jekyll. Super Old Fashioned. My wife loves their liver and onions. I had a great filet - rare and just right. Excellent pianist.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014Great food. Great service! Will be coming back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely dinnerKarenDined on 8/10/2014It was a lovely place to celebrate an anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good not greatRamekinDined on 8/10/2014The service and food were very good but we were hoping for a true experience and it fell short. The dress code was not enforced and we felt like we were at the Golden Corral prior to being seated. It could have been much better.Special Features:
- Nice dinnerMrBillDined on 8/7/2014Nice anniversary dinner. We were also spending several days at the Jekyll Island Club. Service was very attentive. The only negative was their Jekyll Island Club "champagne". It was bulk process and fairly sweet and for $25 it is not worth it. Spend a few bucks more and get a good California sparkling wine or French Champagne.Special Features:
- Fantastic food and great atmosphereBetsyJayDined on 8/2/2014We treated ourselves for husband's birthday dinner while vacationing on Jekyll. The restaurant and service were classy, pretty, with great attention to detail. We noticed the arrangement of "stuff" on the table - salt and pepper shakers, sweetener container, small vase of red roses, and kerosene candlelamp - was placed according to the number of diners at each table. Servers were gracious and pleasant. We ordered their famous Shrimp and Grits and were not disappointed. It was served hot and delicious. Portion was just right. The creme brulee for dessert - a hard pick among other goodies such as key lime pie, pecan pie, and a special "turtle" chocolate delight - was smooth and luxurious. We felt pampered, as indeed we were.Special Features:
- Traditional and wonderfulLynnybrookDined on 7/29/2014The Grand Dining Room was what you would hope for in a grand, historic hotel. The service was perfect as was the food. The menu is traditional in many ways although there were also new appetizers and a daily special from the chef. We loved every bite.Special Features:
- Great OverallTravelerDined on 7/27/2014This is one of the best places I go. I travel all the time and eat 15 Meals per week in restaurants this is one of my favorite places. Always great service and the food is consistent. Highly recommend!!!!Special Features:
- DinnerLobesDined on 7/23/2014Have never had a bad meal or experience in the Grand Dining Rm!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome mealMikeDined on 7/23/2014The service was great.Every food item ordered was above average and the dinning area was grand and historic.it was our anniversary and could not have been more pleased!Special Features:
- Awesome Service, best dessertSavannahlocalDined on 7/21/2014My wife and I always enjoy dining at the Grand Dining Room at the Jekyll Island Club. Service is always great and attentive. They have one of the best brunches in coastal Georgia and the Chocolate Jekyll Island Sea Turtle dessert is just plain amazing! Chocolate top and bottom shell, filled with chocolate mousse on a bed of brown sugar sand and blue corn syrup ocean with little sugar candy turtle eggs. Truly a decadent dessert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Back in Time Dining ExperiencebeachgirlDined on 7/17/2014This was my first trip to the Jekyll Island Club. The Grand Dining Room is just beautiful and has so much history to it. My daughter and I felt like we were back in time when the elite stayed there. The Ladies and Gentlemen who work in the dining room were all very pleasant and engaging. Their uniforms fit the motif of the era. Our dinner was prepared to our liking and the service was superb. Looking forward to going back in October for my daughter's wedding.Special Features:
- Birthday nonpareil!1Charlie3Dined on 7/17/2014Treated my wife to a fantastic birthday dinner. Everything was special from the food to the service. A great eating experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerAnniversaryDined on 7/16/2014Celebrated our 31st wedding anniversary with dinner, great service, food and atmosphere. Second time we've had dinner in the grand dining room, both times really enjoyed ourselves. Would highly recommend for special occasions.Special Features:
- A night to remember!MrsMDined on 7/14/2014My husband, son (10) and I dined in the Grand Dining Room. The evening did not disappoint! We had been looking forward to going back for dinner after first going a couple of years ago. The food was fantastic, as was the service. You cannot ask for a more beautiful and elegant spot. Highly recommend the escargot and the seafood risotto. Be sure to save room for dessert. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experienceJerryDined on 7/5/2014We stayed at the Jekyll Club and dined for dinner during our stay. Beautiful dining room decorated with style and character. We enjoyed a delicious dinner special that was offered including filet and shrimp. Both were excellent. We were treated to a complimentary dessert that was included in the special and chose an AMAZING macadamia nut pie. Overall an excellent experience.Special Features:
- Dinner and dancing: a 3 hour escapeDanceNiteDined on 6/29/2014The Jekyll Island Club's Sunday Dinner Dance is the highlight of our the month. The chef always has exciting entrees to experience while the service is top notch, professional, and very friendly. Dancing to the music played by the very talented Jekyll Island Club Quartet is an escape to an elegant time in the past.Special Features:
- Perfect for a celebrationLisaSolodDined on 6/27/2014The Jekyll Island Hotel is a gem and the Grand Dining Room is lovely. Interesting dishes. Very good wine choice. Professional service and a romantic atmosphere. The evening was perfect.Special Features:
- A Rare 5 Star TreatDiningOutwithBobVIPDined on 6/22/2014The Grand Dining Room is just that: Grand. A throwback to an era where food, service and ambiance came together for a great dining experience. On top of a wonderful meal and outstanding service (thank you, Jed) in beautiful surroundings, there is a pianist. That's really hard to believe nowadays. We ate there this past Saturday and Sunday and if we were still on Jekyll Island today, we'd eat there again. Thank you to the entire staff who make dining there a real pleasure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 336 reviews are from the Grand Dining Room at the Jekyll Island Club Hotel reviews archive.
- Father's Day BrunchZDebDined on 6/15/2014Fabulous brunch with family. The Grand Dining Room is beautiful and the food was gorgeous and delicious!!! There was a discount for our 2 grandsons so that was a nice plus too. There were so many choices something for everyone. No one was disappointed it was a wonderful experience for all of us (7). Would definetely go again and recommend the brunch to anyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- grdeat experienceclassicDined on 6/7/2014food was awesome but service was the best experience in years. a very special placeSpecial Features:
- Average BrunchLynnDined on 5/18/2014The brunch was like so many. Very good cold items, poor hot items. The brunch come with one glass of Champagne. extra glass is $7. The entire bottle of the Champagne (sparking wine) costs the restaurant less then $7 a bottle. If you in area it is OK for brunch, but not a great brunch.Special Features:
- Special OccasionOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/17/2014My wife and I celebrated our 24th anniversary here Saturday night. It was our first time here. We had 8:00 pm reservations, so it was not a full dining room. Therefore, it was a calm atmosphere and we could hear the live piano player across the room. Jed was our server and he made us feel right at home. He was very personable. He explained the menu very clearly and he was very detail oriented. My wife had the marinated chicken and I had the fresh catch. Both were cooked perfectly and delicious. The highlight of the night was the chocolate mousse turtle for dessert! It was delicious, creative and a great presentation! All in all, the night was fantastic! Thanks to everyone who made our night special!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Grand, but comfortableSuitelifeVIPDined on 5/16/2014Food and service exceeded expectations. Dined here for a lunch, a dinner, and two breakfasts while staying at the Hotel. Dining room extends to a delightful sunroom for breakfasts.Special Features:
- Beautiful settingTheHappyWandererDined on 5/12/2014I was recently treated to a Mother's Day dinner in the Grand Dining Room. The setting was beautiful - table linens, candlelight, and a small arrangement of roses on each table. Service was friendly and attentive. Cocktails were well-made. Nice wine list. Salad and entree - attractive presentation, nice proportions, and delicious. The same held true for dessert. A truly pleasant experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/4/2014Foods were very good and plenty of choices. You don't have enough room to taste everything. The cold boiled shrimp were excellent. The only thing I did not care for were the desserts. Chocolate pineapple upside down.....no, strawberry mouse....no, however the key lime and pecan pie were good, but as I said your so full you don't have a lot of room for dessert. Also, they suggested my husband bring a sport coat for brunch, so we schlepped a coat all the way from Maryland and several stops along the way, and people were dressed in shorts and tshirt......wish I had known business casual would be fine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very good overallOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/2/2014Food was good, service was good, great atmosphere, and very romantic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful food. Took too long.UcantgobackDined on 4/26/2014Stayed in the Hotel over 20 years ago. Wanted to go back. Ate in the Dining Room then too. At this time, our meal was wonderful. Best steak in a long time. But it took too long. We were there for a little over 2 hours. Other guest were seated after and left before us. Waiter was very courteous and the dining room was not crowded- maybe 30% full. But after our meal was served, we hardly saw him. If we want to linger over dinner, that is our choice and should be made after the meal is paid for.Special Features:
- Dark DiningcasalisapDined on 4/18/2014I understand the building originated in 1886 ( it says it on the plates ), but the dining room and entite hotel in general are SO DARK. I am a person who enjoys natural light or good ambient light. The room has these heavy plantation shutters on and they were all closed giving the room a dark depressing atmosphere. REMOVE THE SHUTTERS THEY ARE NOT NEEDED. The food was just OK and the service was great to start, then after I received my entree we couldn't find the waiter for 25 minutes. I almost walked out and let him find me to pay the bill. I should not have to beg to pay.Special Features:
- Jekyll IslandPatBVIPDined on 4/8/2014Our experience was great from start to finish and the food was outstanding. Our waiter was not as attentive as he should have been, i.e. refilling wine glasses, clearing the table, but otherwise it was very good experience.Special Features:
- Charming Sunday BrunchTexasFoodieDined on 4/6/2014Good Sunday brunch in a lovely setting at very fair prices. The hotel is an old-fashioned, gracious charmer.Special Features:
- Dinner in Jekyll Grand Dining RoomRunnerJimDined on 4/5/2014The Grand Dining Room is beautiful and is full of history, even if the details of some of the history are lost. It appears to be treated with considerable respect by the serving staff. My wife and I try to eat there at least once every time we visit Jekyll Island. In comparison with the prices we would pay for anywhere compatible in the UK, it is very good value for money. This is truly a gem. Oh, and the food is really very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Annual OutingAmeliaMaggiDined on 4/1/2014Old school. But great to experience old style dining. Food was wonderful and service attentive. We go back each year.Special Features: