100 West Station Square Drive
Pittsburgh, PA 15219Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.muer.com/
- Phone: 4122611717x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Grand Concourse:
Monday - Friday 11:00am - 4:00pm
Lunch Gandy Dancer:
Monday - Saturday 11:00am - 4:00pm
Dinner Grand Concourse:
Monday - Friday 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Saturday 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Sunday 4:00pm - 9:00pm
Brunch Grand Concourse:
Sunday 10:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Loren Halprin
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Grand Concourse can accommodate any catering need. 3 private catering facilities available.
- Entertainment: Enjoy our live piano entertainment in the main dining room 7 nights a week. Please call for up to date details.
A word from Grand Concourse
Thank you for choosing Grand Concourse, Pittsburgh's premier waterfront seafood restaurant. Our fresh seafood, impeccable service & breathtaking view will make your experience one to remember.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Grand Concourse - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Grand Concourse reviews from OpenTable diners
312 reviews since May 18, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (213)scenic view (197)great for brunch (170)romantic (131)good for groups (100)fit for foodies (71)neighborhood gem (56)kid-friendly (46)notable wine list (43)great for lunch (37)great for outdoor dining (16)hot spot (14)late-night find (14)vibrant bar scene (11)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/12/2014I love this venue but I always leave feeling that it wasn't worth what it cost.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FANTASTICpopcornDined on 9/12/2014I love this place. Dining in a historic location is wonderful. The food is excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Grand ConcourseOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/8/2014Haven't been there for many years but the interior is the same, which is just beautiful. Food was great, wait staff very attentive. Overall great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Real Nice PlaceSundayBrunchDined on 9/7/2014Our son was married Sunday at 10 AM at the Point. The service was running a bit long,(with pictures). We called and extended our reservation 15 minutes. They were very accommodating. We valet parked both of our cars, the waiter saw to it that our cars were brought up for us when we left. The food was excellent! One of the nicest dining experiences. We will be back.Special Features:
- Perfect BrunchSpaceCoastFLGirlDined on 9/7/2014We were looking for a wonderful brunch to take business guests to before the Steeler game. This was a perfect place! The food was amazing! The service was perfect, the ambiance was beautiful! We are so glad we picked the Grand Concourse for our brunch! Thank you for a perfect meal! We will be back the next time we are in the Burgh!Special Features:
- A Little Rocky at Firsttxflygirl87Dined on 9/6/2014Didn't start out well. Arr'd @ 7:13 for 7:15 res. & ck'd in. Wasn't greeted, but was told they'd let us know when they had a table for us. We went to bar. About 7:35, hostess came in & asked for "Kevin 'Benton', pty of 2". I asked if she was looking for "Kevin 'Clifton', pty of 2". She said no & continued calling out "Kevin Benton" (Res. was made online; I know how to spell my name) She came back about 10 min later & said they'd made a mistake & they 'were' looking for us. Finally got to our table; waiter greeted us with "Happy Anniversary" wish along with menus printed with "H.A." on them.(Again, res. made online). We aren't married; were there to celebrate my birthday. Just couldn't get it right. Waiter was great, but service was slowSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday Celebration for My HusbandOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/6/2014We have been to Station Square before, but this was our first dining experience at Grand Concourse. The service was impeccable and the food was excellent. I really enjoyed the lobster bisque. Looking at the history of this old train station via photos helped to pass the time while we waited for our table. The berry moscato sangria was absolutely delicious. I will have to learn how to make this drink. We will definitely bring out of town visitors to eat here and will also come for Sunday brunch.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/5/2014Quantity of food for the dollar was poor. Sides were cold. These would be issues if restaurant was busy, but this Fri night it was not. Typical of most chain restaurantsSpecial Features:
- Grand Concourse Pittsburgh PAtxcook85Dined on 9/4/2014We loved the look of this restaurant! Staff was friendly, great service. On the other hand, the food was not nearly what we expected for the price. It wasn't bad but with what they charge it should've been excellent and "not bad" doesn't cut it. I would be willing to give it another shot though, everyone has off days and our reservation was an hour before closing...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow worthyelegancesavvyDined on 8/31/2014We went there for a romantic dinner. The setting is phenomenal and the menu was impeccable. There was a lull in service and noise from a nearby table, but overall I am so glad we went. Would go again without a hesitation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GfamilyTheGFamDined on 8/31/2014Had a wonderful brunch this past Sunday. When I booked on Open Table I did not realize there was ONLY the brunch and not the regular lunch menu (somewhat disappointed). The brunch is set up beautifully and spread out nicely so there is no crowd(s) not "cafeteria line" feeling. Of course the venue is gorgeous so what else do we need, thats for sure. The brunch food was delish, plentiful, and beautifully presented (even the childrens table with cute little pbj sandwiches, chicken fingers and fries and some candy dishes as well - great job folks). Will get back again for the regular menu and will review thereafter. Kudos!Special Features:
- great brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/31/2014party of 6 - had a great experience, good food, great setting...although we miss the fire that used to come with the bananas foster - down with fire marshalsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great brunch experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/31/2014I love their waffle station. Delicious pastries. Great meat selections.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food and SelectionSelectionDined on 8/31/2014the selection for the Sunday brunch is excellent. Everything you can think of to have for breakfast was available.Special Features:
- A special Thank yourainbowchefDined on 8/31/2014I had my first experience at the grand concourse in April for my birthday. It was the first time I there and I was in awe over the overall experience so much so I needed to say a special thank you to my in laws for letting us live with them , while we were in the process of buy and selling our house over the summer I took them there. Needless to say they had a wonderful experience as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service, Gorgeous SettingJillSquireDined on 8/31/2014Sunday Brunch at the Grand Concourse is an incredible treat. The interior decor is breath taking, truly grand, yet the atmosphere is very relaxed - not at all pretentious. It is a Sunday brunch you can truly enjoy with your family, all ages. The wait staff seems to always be at your elbow, without being intrusive. If you are a foodie, you can put your nose in the air and be pretentious... or you can appreciate that you are in an incredibly beautiful example of turn of the century craftsmanship, where the service is excellent and the choices are almost endless with something to please everyone. The food is solidly good. I think they do an amazing job serving such a crowd yet making your personal experience relaxing and enjoyable.Special Features:
- frankiegDined on 8/30/2014We had taken two of our grandchildren there for birthday dinner from the vip card to food great experience by allSpecial Features:
- OutstandingJDanny22Dined on 8/29/2014Went here for my spouse's birthday. Had a great view of Pittsburgh and the food was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Birthday Celebration at GCfabulous50Dined on 8/29/2014Our family was in town from Detroit for our nephew's wedding and celebrated a ‘51st’ birthday at GC the evening before the wedding festivities. With nine in our party, all of us were very pleased with every aspect of our evening. The evening view of the river was captivating. Appetizers were outstanding - we ordered a second round of Dynamite Scallops! Dinner was spectacular and dessert, Bananas Foster Crème Brulee, was served and quickly devoured. We then toured the main dining area and enjoyed snapping few pictures with the lavish décor and majestic stained glass cathedral ceiling. Such a splendor to celebrate with loved ones in this magnificent historical restaurant. The staff made our evening and visit very special. Thank you!Special Features:
- mimichDined on 8/26/2014This was the first time we had eaten at Grand Concourse. We had a party of eight. The server Lyn was great. Never had to ask twice for anything. Food was great, nice presentation. Rolls were awesome, served fresh. Wine list was great, many choices.Special Features:
- love this placegrammyLDined on 8/24/2014we came here this time to celebrate back to school. My grand kids love it so it is the perfect place to celebrate anything!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday Brunch - Special OcassionsenjoydiningoutDined on 8/24/2014I enjoy taking friends and family to Grand Concourse (old train station) for the fabulous Sunday brunch! It is my favorite go to place for Special Occasions (birthday's, Mother's Day, Father's Day, Etc.) I love the variety of food. Something for everyone including the kids buffet table, hot fresh donuts, omelet bar, several delicious salads, the fantastic fish dishes just to name a few! The reason why we don't go more often. The price is close to $30.00 per person plus you have to pay for parking. I would highly recommend checking out Station Square and having the Sunday brunch at Grand Concourse if you are in visiting Pittsburgh.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Floor Director/MusicianEaglesCanSee2014Dined on 8/24/2014It may be helpful to employ at least (2) hospitality associates description specific to direct traffic to the stations which, undoubtedly will add warmth a venue so large. Further, it may add to the experience as these persons would be knowledgeable enough to answer any questions that guests may have about the building's history as they move about during brunch admiring the architecture. Additionally, you may consider contracting a pianist whose ability offers more relaxing accompaniment with a smooth continuum of music as not to be so choppy, making it obvious that music was being read from the sheet. Lastly, you may consider having the piano with amplification throughout the restaurant, as you would any music set for atmosphere.Special Features:
- Historic GemAlexandrianDined on 8/23/2014Spectacular setting, good food! Lovely view from the river room across to the downtown skyline.Special Features:
- Lousy landrys chain restaurantRicknJanDined on 8/23/2014What a disappointment. When Chuck Muir owned the GC, it was a wonderful place for an elegant dinner. I unfortunately learned during dinner that it was sold to Landry's. That immediately answered both my wife's and my questions about why the appetizer, the scallops with, I think, cheese sauce were so small and terrible flavored AND why our main dishes were fried to a crisp. I had Parmesan "encrusted" tilapia. More like "entombed" in fried batter. Landry's kept the Muir GC prices but significantly cut quality. My bill was $165 with a $60 bottle of wine. The wines, none younger than 2011, were way overpriced. Don't waste your time going here as I will NEVER go back.
- Horrible!!!!!!!!!HorribleDined on 8/23/2014This was a horrible experience. There was a wedding going on which was not that bad but they also had Duquense orientation going on at the same time. The place was noisy. You could not hear yourself think. Ordered a steak medium well and it cam out so well that I could not chew the meat. The broccoli was raw. The potatoes were cold and hard. It was like they scrapped a baked potato out. It took forever to get served. We ended up paying $150.00 for the meal and it was not worth $10.00. I would never go here again or recommend it to to anyone else. My husband wanted to do something special for me and I had a better experience at The Outback!
- HorribleAnonymousDined on 8/23/2014First, they brought us to a table for 10 when our reservation was for 6 people. They left us standing there while they conferred, then sat us a a table for six. Then they moved us again. By this time everyone in the room was looking at us. One kid's pasta meal had a seafood flavor to the sauce, which kids don't like. The other kid's meal came after the rest of the food. My grilled salmon was partly raw. Despite three trips to the table by the manager and $30 off the bill, the experience, which was to celebrate a birthday, was terrible. The new management leaves much to be desired. Will not return or recommend
- Stop here for drinks, not dinnerLauraGVIPDined on 8/22/2014We consider ourselves foodies. We didn't make a reservation for our 22nd anniversary here for the food - we chose the place for the unique dining room and the sentimental value. That ended up about as expected. My recommendation is to visit the bar - the Gandy Dancer. Stick to what this place still has going - the atmosphere, drinks, and appetizers. Can't beat the building - but there are much better choices for dinner and service these days in Pittsburgh.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mediocre food, lackluster serviceDDeeDined on 8/22/2014Save your money. Do not dine here. The location is convenient and the building is gorgeous. They charge you 10 bucks to valet. While the menu looks good, the actual food is not very good. The only dish we had that was good was the blackened snapper. Everything else was just gross.
- Opulent building.SusanInTNDined on 8/21/2014Lovely environment and food. I last visited over 20 years ago and it has not changed. The lobster bisque was the best.Special Features:
- JansueDined on 8/20/2014Excellent as always. Charley's Chowder and the Lobster Bisque were delicious. Great service in the restaurant and with the valet parking attendant.Special Features:
- Gorgeous!YoungOneDined on 8/18/2014This restaurant was absolutely gorgeous! I loved the inside and the food was wonderful. My waiter, Greg, was very sweet and went above and beyond for my friend and I. Definitely coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for a special occasionHappilyEverAfterDined on 8/17/2014Brunch, service, ambience and seating for wedding party was all exceptionally good! All LOVED the wide variety and quality of food served for brunch. Pianist playing some favorites also a nice touch. Recommending this venue for special occasions or just a really good place for a Sunday brunch to treat the "cook" in your family for a "no cooking day" outing. Thanks GC staff!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrunchbearDined on 8/17/2014The Sunday brunch was absolutely wonderful. We celebrated my Son's birthday there instead of going to dinner. All 7 of us were extremely pleased with the food, the service, the atmosphere....simply everything. I will definitely be going back before the next birthday and I told all who would listen to me about the wonderful experience we had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ImpressiveFamilygatheringDined on 8/17/2014Great brunch , beautiful atmospher, shows historic Pittsburgh , great place to socializeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, not fantastic.JackDYinzerDined on 8/17/2014Went for our 1 year wedding anniversary. Decided to do the brunch buffet. Got seated in a little closed in porch along the side of the building, which was nice but lacked the ambiance of the gorgeous main room. Couldn't really hear the live piano. Food was good, not great. Serving stations were kinda showhorned in to the nooks and crannies of the main room. Server was nice, fairly attentive, but kept pushing a paid membership rewards club membership on us. Didn't like the sales pitch to get the check. I put "wedding anniversary" under special instructions just to see what, if anything, they would do. They really didn't even mention it. I would definitely go back, maybe with a group to sit in the main room, but expectations slightly lowered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingBrandonDined on 8/15/2014I would recommend Grand Concourse to anyone. The old architecture is to die for and the view of downtown Pittsburgh is excellent. Both of these in themselves really set the atmosphere of the place. To top it off the service was top notch and everyone seemed very knowledgeable about all that was asked by our table. The food was exquisite. Our table had a mix of filet, seafood, chicken, and greens. We are all in agreement that everything we got was to die for! Some of the best surf and turf I've ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- cheers barOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014The service at this oyster bar is always outstanding and entertaining. Everyone feels right at home here - very welcoming!Special Features:
- Very EnjoyableMartinDined on 8/15/2014My wife and I set up a lunch with four friends . One couple had never been there. The other couple had never been in the riverfront room. It was very enjoyable. The view of Pittsburgh is excellent. The service is top notch. The food was great.Special Features:
- Amazing ViewMishaDined on 8/14/2014My husband and I tried Grand Concourse during restaurant week and the food was tasty, but nothing to brag about. However, our table next to the window allowed us to dine while enjoying the marvelous view at night overlooking the river. It was worth it just for the view alone. Our server had a wonderful personality as well. The dessert we ordered was no longer available that night, so the chef allowed us to choose any dessert we wanted without charging us any extra which resulted in excellent customer service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.