100 West Station Square Drive
Pittsburgh, PA 15219Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.muer.com/
- Phone: 4122611717
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Grand Concourse:
Monday - Friday 11:00am - 4:00pm
Lunch Gandy Dancer:
Monday - Saturday 11:00am - 4:00pm
Dinner Grand Concourse:
Monday - Friday 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Saturday 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Sunday 4:00pm - 9:00pm
Brunch Grand Concourse:
Sunday 10:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Loren Halprin
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Grand Concourse can accommodate any catering need. 3 private catering facilities available.
- Entertainment: Enjoy our live piano entertainment in the main dining room 7 nights a week. Please call for up to date details.
A word from Grand Concourse
Thank you for choosing Grand Concourse, Pittsburgh's premier waterfront seafood restaurant. Our fresh seafood, impeccable service & breathtaking view will make your experience one to remember.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Grand Concourse - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Grand Concourse reviews from OpenTable diners
316 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (225)scenic view (214)great for brunch (160)romantic (136)good for groups (123)fit for foodies (74)neighborhood gem (57)notable wine list (47)kid-friendly (45)great for lunch (37)hot spot (18)vibrant bar scene (15)great for outdoor dining (14)late-night find (11)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/18/2014very busy, even having reservations a table was not ready. Seated at a table too small for our party, slow service. Food was good and a beautiful view of the river. probably will not visit againSpecial Features:
- Birthdays at the Grand ConcourseOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/17/2014Upon arrival we were seated in the river room which has a beautiful view of Pittsburgh. I had ordered birthday menus that wished my husband and son a Happy Birthday and they were not presented. After asking, they had printed 2 not 5 which was very disappointing. The food we ordered was ok and the portion sizes were not comparable to the cost of the dinner. The noise level was overwhelming and we could not hear each other for the first hour of the dinner. Our next trip to Pittsburgh will be at a different restaurant.Special Features:
- Nice timeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014We arrived for a 5:15 reservation and were happy to find we could order a version of the "early bird special." The food was delicious and the service was fine. We would like to return and dine in the main dining room to experience the magnificence of the historic train station. Special events are scheduled on the weekends. We were happy to sit in a side room with a view of the river!Special Features:
- Stunning building!FoodNerdVIPDined on 10/15/2014Beautiful old station with a view of the river-worth seeing! Food was tasty and service was wonderful, even with our big group. Definitely a treat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic serviceOTMikeDined on 10/12/2014It's a nice restaurant in a spectacular location. Service was helpful and prompt without overdoing it. Nice selection of wines by the glass. Food was great, except for some underdone asparagus. I was impressed that they addressed me by name.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BobSDined on 10/12/2014Food is very good. Variety is great. Servers are very good. Need a better way to keep hot coffee available at table.Special Features:
- Fantastic NightCFoxDined on 10/11/2014I took my girlfriend here for a night on the town. The valet service was great upon arrival. I was disappointed that we were not able to sit in what the restaurant I believe called it's grand ballroom because of a wedding that was going on. But the food turned out great. I highly recommend the shrimp fresca, as it contained the best friend shrimp I have ever had. My girlfriend also loved the rolls, which the restaurant makes in house. The chocolate molten cake with ice cream was to die for too. Our waiter was great, and I could definitely tell he took an interest in every table's dining experience. We will definitely be back (hopefully next time there isn't a wedding going on.) 5 stars to any couples out there looking for a fantastic night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary dinner20thAnniversaryDined on 10/11/2014This was our 20th anniversary dinner - As we showed up, the welcoming staff was very friendly and our menus said happy anniversary on the top of the menu. There was a VIP card put on the table as we sat down (we think this was because the reservations were for an anniversary dinner), but our waiter did not acknowledged it or say anything about the VIP card. He looked at the card with a funny look and picked it up. When we ordered drinks, my wife's drink took a very long time to be delivered (much longer than it should have been). Maybe he/waiter was overworked. To sum up the service was adequate, but not to the point of excellent or great. So it was a good experience, but the service was a bit slow, food was great/excellent.Special Features:
- Fabulous Riverfront!VickiMcDDined on 10/10/2014We had a wonderful evening here, from drinks and appetizers at the Gandy Dancer bar to a beautiful riverfront view during dinner. We will definitely return.Special Features:
- Lovely and romanticsachet10kDined on 10/10/2014I took my daughter here for her birthday celebration, and it was wonerful! We were a little confused in the beginning, because one waitress started us off and told us the specials and while we were relaxing with a cocktail another girl came up and began telling us the specials again. My daughter had to tell the waitress we felt like she was rushing us, which she was, and that the other waitress had already told us the specials! She informed us that the other girl went home. The food was excellent, the piano music was beautiful and relaxing. The chocolate dessert and cheesecake was delicious. I am sure we will be returning here for dinner the next time we visit Pittsburgh.Special Features:
- Always A+++FoodCritic101Dined on 10/10/2014great oysters and seafood along with sunset specials. Excellent service and atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DiningAndsewforthDined on 10/8/2014We made reservations on-line & requested table with a view as we were taking out of state guests who were celebrating their anniversary. They had a great table set up with VIP card on it. They gave the anniversary couple a complimentary dessert. our friends were very impressed as were we. Our server was fabulous. Great experience.Special Features:
- A Truely Classy BuffetPittdinerDined on 10/5/2014This was our first visit to the Grand Concourse and it did not disappoint. The facility is quite impressive and elegant. Service was good, with a few minor issues. The quality and selection of items was excellent.Special Features:
- lewie1Dined on 10/4/2014I thought the food was OK, not spectacular. Service was good but overall I left feeling it was just OK. For this restaurant that was a little disappointing.Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerPQ1943Dined on 10/4/2014Made reservations for for dinner and the hostess was very charming and welcoming. The table for two was a bit tight. After a while, I had to flag down a waitress to get our water filled. We ordered drinks and it took a while to get them. A floor manager came over and apologized for the delay in getting a server to us and provided on-the-house appitizers. Our food was good, but my lobster was a bit overcooked. All in all, it was a nice experience for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply outstandingDrewDined on 10/4/2014We requested a quiet corner of the restaurant for a romantic dinner and got it with a river view. The décor, food, and service were all simply outstanding. We had scallops and red snapper; they were cooked to perfection.Special Features:
- birthday dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/3/2014We were seating and then it did take some time before our server did come to us. It did feel a little rushed. We had a vip tag on our table. The restaurant is amazing. I do wish there was prime rib.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place for bdayFamilyDinerDined on 10/3/2014We celebrated our daughter's 17th birthday. We selected the river room and the view was beautiful. The food was mixed but we would return. The lobster bisque was outstanding. The filet mignon was great and the portobello appetizer was also wonderful. A Caribbean inspired seafood dish was rather odd. I wouldn't get that again. The menus saying "happy birthday" at the top were a welcome repeat from last year--very much liked by our daughter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible Service!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/3/2014From the moment we were seated to the end our dining experience it only went from bad to worse. It took 45 to receive our drinks, part of my fathers appetizer fell on his pants, they forgot part of our appetizer order, my daughters meal came out when the rest of us were completed. Our server was bad so they put another server on to help us with our table of 6, but still service was poor. We live in Pgh and every weekend we try to different fine dining restaurants around the area. We hadn't been to the GC in 10 years. Unfortunately we won't be back. Not sure how they even stay in business. It is a tourist trap but it is certainly a beautiful restaurant.Special Features:
- amazing food....devineDined on 10/1/2014The food was absolutely amazing and decadant. I do not recommend this place if you have a food allergy though. I am highly allergic to shellfish and informed outr server of this and no precautions were made. I ended up needing an EPI pen.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great2yummyDined on 9/30/2014I had two gift cards from The Landry. We used one at Morton's and then the Grand Course. G C had more to choose from and from my point of view better food. Of course I'm not a steak person either. Prices also more reasonable. BbbSpecial Features:
- Best Sunday Brunch In PittsburghMikeForcePGHDined on 9/28/2014A perfect, elegant venue to have a special Sunday brunch. The food and service is excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great fun place for pre-gameOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/28/2014food was great. awesome location to dine and then take clipper to game .Special Features:
- IlrrVIPDined on 9/28/2014We found the variety of selection of food to be very good. The warm pecan rolls were delicious. There were many salad types-coleslaw, toss, Caesar, seafood. Shrimp cocktail was plentiful. The piano music was good but can't be enjoyed by everyone since the place is so large and has many rooms. We have been here several times before and found the roast beef quite rare to our liking. It would be nice to add a few different items since the menu seemed the same from our previous visits.Special Features:
- Great food & atmosphereStlrfanDined on 9/28/2014We went for Brunch before the Steeler game and then took public transit to the stadium. This is a great place to fill up on delicious food before the game. Large selection of breakfast & lunch items with great drink specialsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not so great this timeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/27/2014My friend of 30 years and I visit once a year for a special event. Our first visit was 4 years ago and we were hooked. Over the years we have told many people how fabulous this place is. However, this last experience was not so great. We had an 8:00 reservation and arrived at 7:45. The man accepting our reservation was very condescending towards my friend and I. She was asking him questions and his reply was " we don't do that." Very short and rude. Also, my crab cakes were dry. Don't know if we will come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dining for the value.CaryDined on 9/27/2014Although the menu items we selected were well-prepared and priced just right, when we made the reservation, we requested a table in the main dining room. We were unaware that a large wedding party had booked the entire room and were not informed of this until the last minute. So were seated in the Gandy Dancer Saloon instead. We managed to enjoy ourselves nonetheless even though we were disappointed we couldn't be seated in the main room. But we did enjoy the views of the Monongahela, the Smithfield Bridge, and the boats on the river. We're from Cleveland but are frequent visitors to Pittsburgh since we have friends in the area. Kudos to the wait staff for their superb service.Special Features:
- A great find while exploring Pitt.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014Looking for a scenic and somewhat romantic day trip from North East Ohio we decided to check out Station Square, Glad we did. Had a nice dinner at the Grand Concourse. Thank youSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/23/2014We had a great experience at Grand Concourse celebrating a birthday. All of the staff that interacted with us were friendly and pleasant. The entire menu was impressive and our food was delicious the whole way through.Special Features:
- FANTASTICOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/21/2014My friends and I love this place for brunch. We try to come once every month. So far we haven't found anywhere better.Special Features:
- Brunch BuffetKittypusVIPDined on 9/21/2014The food was fair. Large selection on the brunch buffet, deserts were tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YumiliketrainsDined on 9/21/2014We had a rather large group for brunch - everything was ready to go when we arrived, the service was attentive, and the variety of food included in brunch suits many tastes. The piano player was there too! I love the ambiance of Grand Concourse for dinner, I was just as pleased with it for brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as good this yearRicka1Dined on 9/21/2014We have enjoyed brunch here for several years but noticed that this year they cut down tremendously on choices and did not have enough staff at stations creating long lines even though the restaurant was not that busy. We hope the restaurant stops cutting back or they will wind up to be just average and will lose a lot of customersSpecial Features:
- Great brunchPanthermomDined on 9/21/2014Went here for brunch and thoroughly enjoyed it. Wait staff were great, the restarant was beautiful. We were sat on the porch with a beautiful view of the river and downtown. We got there when it opened at 10 so we didn't have to wait in line for food (especially the omelet station which got backed up). Everything was delicious, especially enjoyed the donut station.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/21/2014Great for Sunday brunch. Very nice buffet selections and reasonably priced. Get points with a Landrys card, too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 9/19/2014For a restaurant that wants to be an upscale establishment, the Grand Concourse misses the mark. The wine list is very limited and the choices are not the best. Food is not properly prepared. I ordered a medium rare rib eye and got a medium well. A table near me also had the same results. A nice place to visit for the ambiance but that it. Management is pretty much non existent. Really made us feel welcome when that started clearing all the tables around us to set up for a wedding the following night. We tried it, but I would not recommend it.
- A great bottle of Malbec.I'llLovePghDined on 9/19/2014Our waitress was a real sweetie, attentive but not pushy. I'll go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Visiting Pitt FamilyPittParentDined on 9/16/2014We selected this restaurant from searching the web not knowing what we would actually encounter when we visited our son on college. What a wonderful experience!!! The Grand Concourse is absolutely beautiful, the food is wonderful and our waiter, Jimmy, was extremely knowledgeable about the menu, made everything sound scrumptious. He was very attentive and professional!!! We sat in the River View room and on a sunny afternoon, we had a breathtaking view of the Allegheny River while enjoying a late lunch with our family. Our visit to Pittsburgh was made that much better!Special Features:
- Always a treat!Luvs2Dine57Dined on 9/14/2014The sunset dining menu is superb. I thoroughly enjoyed the Martha's Vineyard Salad, Coconut Macadamia Shrimp, rice, broccoli and chocolate mousse. My husband loved his crab cakes, Charley's Chowder, asparagus, rice and chocolate mousse. Freshly baked Poppy seed rolls and salmon pate were also delicious. I prefer seating in the main dining room although this visit we enjoyed the city of Pittsburgh views from the River Room. Check out the Sunday Brunch too as it is simply the best in the region!Special Features:
- disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/14/2014I was not impressed at all. I didn't like the way the food was so scattered with no labels-I wasn't sure what some of the things were. I am only 5' -there were 3 bowls that were so high I couldn't see what was in them. We were there at 2pm and there were no visible signs of the omlet bar. We took family there for a 50th anniversary-we were all very disappointed. As for the food itself-we were very disappointed . We will not be going there again.Special Features: