100 West Station Square Drive
Pittsburgh, PA 15219Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.muer.com/
- Phone: (412) 261-1717
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Grand Concourse:
Monday - Friday 11:00am - 4:00pm
Lunch Gandy Dancer:
Monday - Saturday 11:00am - 4:00pm
Dinner Grand Concourse:
Monday - Friday 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Saturday 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Sunday 4:00pm - 9:00pm
Brunch Grand Concourse:
Sunday 10:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Loren Halprin
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Grand Concourse can accommodate any catering need. 3 private catering facilities available.
- Entertainment: Enjoy our live piano entertainment in the main dining room 7 nights a week. Please call for up to date details.
A word from Grand Concourse
Thank you for choosing Grand Concourse, Pittsburgh's premier waterfront seafood restaurant. Our fresh seafood, impeccable service & breathtaking view will make your experience one to remember.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Grand Concourse - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Grand Concourse reviews from OpenTable diners
334 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (246)scenic view (226)great for brunch (157)romantic (144)good for groups (132)fit for foodies (88)neighborhood gem (56)kid-friendly (49)great for lunch (46)notable wine list (46)hot spot (21)vibrant bar scene (16)late-night find (10)great for outdoor dining (10)Show More
- First DateOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/23/2014I took a lady on our first date to Sunday brunch and we had a great time. Everything was perfect. If you're looking for a place to set the mood and impress someone, look no further.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family Sunday brunch DISAPPOINTMENT!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/23/2014Decided to take out my family for a "nice upscale brunch" since my daughter was home from college for Thanksgiving. We arrived for our 11am reservation and were seated about 11:20. Our server introduced herself about 10 minutes later, took our drink orders and gave us the brunch intro, and we proceeded to the food area. Returned to our table about 10 minutes later and no drinks yet. The eggs I had were cold as well as the bacon and sausage. Had some sort or salmon casserole which although good, was more cold than warm. The quality of the food served here could have been had at a brunch at least $10 less than the $26.99 per person this sub par overpriced restaurant charges. Nothing special here people.
- Pleasently Surprised by ImprovementOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/22/2014We were given a gift card to the Grand Concourse, After two mediocre brunch experiences, we were reluctant to go for an evening meal. We were pleasantly surprised and pleased with our meal! I especially enjoyed the Calamari Fritto Misto, Perhaps management has taken notice to some of the less than favorable reviews over the last couple of years. I hope the quality of food continues to rise to the level expected in such a beautiful restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/22/2014Delicious food! The bread comes with smoked patte that is incredible. The pasta pagliara is really good, can be oversauced. The salmon is the perfect texture. The firecracker shrimp is crispy with just the right amount of sauce.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- THE BEST SEAFOOD FOR THE MONEYenjoygoodfoodDined on 11/22/2014The Grand Concourse has always had great seafood and the price you pay is well below many of the other Pittsburgh dining spots the main dining area is a definatly worth seeing as you go back in time when the Grand Concourse was a working train station.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful EveningSHBCDined on 11/21/2014Our party of eight had a wonderful time! The service was great, the food was excellent, and what a view of beautiful downtown Pittsburgh by night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food was expensive and just awful in every way.thegroupDined on 11/21/2014Came here to eat because we couldnt get reservations anywhere else. Wonder why? The dishes were not good for the cost they were charging. :/ However, good service and we were seated next to the water front.Special Features:
- Amazing location, excellent serviceJaimeDined on 11/18/2014We went to the Grand Concourse to celebrate my husbands birthday. It was wonderful! We were seated promptly and treated like royalty. The food was wonderful--portions were generous and tasty! We will definitely be back. We ate in the main dining area and will perhaps try the River Room next time to change up our view. All in all a great night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerKatherineDined on 11/17/2014This was one of my best birthday dinners ever. The food was phenomenal, the service was good, and the atmosphere was absolutely perfect. We will certainly be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Extremely accomodation with gluten intolerance.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/16/2014Staff was extremely helpful, accomodating and went above and beyond to make us feel comfortable with our gluten intolerance. As a celiac, I'm very particular...and I highly recommend the Grand Concourse for brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner and Trains!AmandaLynnFlashDined on 11/15/2014I've never been to Pittsburgh before, but I knew I wanted to have a special dinner with my boyfriend when we visited. My boyfriend loves trains, railroad stations and their history so the Grand Concourse seemed the perfect choice. I'm glad that I was proven correct! I wrote a note indicating his love of trains and requesting a seat near a window so we could see the city lit up at night. When we arrived, they asked us to wait a few minutes and then they led us to a corner booth right next to a window showing off the city and the train tracks - two trains went by throughout dinner and that made his night. The service was wonderful - our host was kind enough to stop by the main staircase and take our picture before seating us and our waitress answered our questions about the menu and wine list knowledgeably and graciously. She even went out of her way to find a few Aleve to help my boyfriend's headache. All of the staff went above and beyond for us and made our evening very special :) We will definitely come back the next time we visit Pittsburgh!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service not up to parhoosierbuddyVIPDined on 11/15/2014A dinner at the Grand Concourse is always an event and the menu has lots of incredible offerings. Our service was a bit off, however. The waitress seemed to be fighting a cold, which set us on edge. Our drinks were served simultaneously with salads; bread didn't arrive until afterward. Incredibly, they served a martini that somehow had no kick whatsoever. Some entrees were hot; some lukewarm. Desert was served, but we had to wait for forks. First cup of coffee was lukewarm, second hot. This wasn't our first visit, so we know this isn't routine. But at the prices charged here, there's a limit to how many times this type of service can be tolerated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- cold food, long waitEdwardCDined on 11/15/2014The grand concourse was ok, we waited an hour and a half for our entrees and they came cold and had to be sent back. The wait staff was over extended and we hardly saw our waiter which created really long waits for drinks. I still have hope for a good experience at the g concourse, I'd good back to hopefully get a better one. They were also hosting a wedding that night so I'm assuming that played into the poor experience. Overall, not bad but avoid the place if there's a special event.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 11-14-14OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/14/2014I was disappointed at the lack of a formal dress code. There were dining guests wearing baseball hats. I had a well done steak served improperly cooked and had to be returned. The wait staff or management did not offer any complimentary service for this inconvenience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun bar scenezippyVIPDined on 11/14/2014The Oyster Bar is always great fun. When customers move from Pittsburgh and come back for a visit, they invariably pay a visit to Nancy at the Oyster Bar - it is amazing to watch her in action because she is so thoughtful and friendly to all customers - old and new!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- marciDined on 11/12/2014Our waiter was superb. He truly made our visit an experience to remember.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- special occasionOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/11/2014on your online "open table" form the last box inquired if there were any special requests. My wife and I have made this an annual event for the past 12 years and Well yes I did have one simple request and this was the first time I ever made one. I am a veteran of the Vietnam war, which for me is a special occasion in it self, but just as important to me November 11th was also my 47th wedding anniversary and to commerate both I ask for a cupcake with a candle. I wanted it to be served at the end of the meal. As my wife and I finished our meal and the plates were removed I quietly anticipated the request. A fine restaurant like yours would not forget a request such as this. I am not one to make such a big deal out of such a simple request, and this is not a complaint, nor thinly veiled attempt at receiving any kind of coupons or other gratuities. What I am attempting to do is to help your place of business remain a success by attending to the details and I am sure you know how important details are. My wife and I will continue to be guest at your place because we like it. thank you for your time, James S.Special Features:
- On their "A" game, as usualjackpocket22Dined on 11/10/2014My wife and I celebrated our anniversary at the Grand Concourse. The entire staff, from the hostess to our mindful-but-not-overbearing waitress, Kaitlyn, made the evening feel very special. It was as though the entire staff was focused on my wife and me. Our entrees, salmon, were fresh and expertly prepared. The ambiance of an elegent train station from the Gilded Age speaks volumes by itself. Although the Grand Concourse hardly requires it, I glady offer this glowing endorsement of one of Pittsburgh's most elegant and unique dining experiences.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So goodgoodfoodDined on 11/9/2014Great food great view. Love the bread and salads. We absolutely loved the autumn sangrias! I wish i would have gotten the recipe!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun one-time experiencePittsburghkbDined on 11/9/2014I had brought my family here from out of town as I had been here once and I knew they would love the scenery and the food. We had a nice time with good service and the food options are amazing, but our seats were crammed in a corner in the outside seating area. Every time two of us wanted to get up(which was rather frequently as we wanted to try as much as we could), we were bumping into the two diners behind us as their table was practically on top of ours. Had I known we were going to be seated in the loud, porch seating I probably would have requested a later reservation or had chosen another location, only because I was specifically bringing my family there for the setting. Overall a nice experience but I don't know if I'll return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great good with an awesome viewmc26Dined on 11/9/2014We sat in the River Room and had a great view of the city. There were tons of options of food and we didn't have a single thing that we didn't like. We will definitely be back again for Sunday Brunch.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/9/2014My husband and I visited the Grand Concourse for his 32nd birthday. We attended the Sunday brunch buffet. The food choices were great and it was quite delicious. We enjoyed the view of Pittsburgh while eating our brunch. It was a great experience and we will be back. It was beautiful! :)Special Features:
- Sunday BrunchPittsburghDadDined on 11/9/2014I took my son and his girlfriend here for Sunday Brunch/Birthday Brunch. As always, the food was great, the selection awesome and the ambiance breathtaking.Special Features:
- Dining in styleFletchDined on 11/8/2014From the moment you enter the Grand Concourse it is clear this place has style and charm. The atmosphere is breathtaking especially if you get a seat overlooking the Pittsburgh skyline. Order what you like cause I have yet to find anything that isn't delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friday nightBurgherDined on 11/7/2014Went to Grand Concourse for my birthday. I had not been here in 10+ years. It was a Friday evening, peak dinner time. The restaurant was half-occupied, which seemed odd given the day/time of our meal. The food was good, but not overly great for the price. I realize part of the experience is paying for the view and the ambience of the building (which is amazing), but didn't justify the food price. Overall kitchen output pace seemed slow compared to peer dining establishments. Overall - it's worth going to once to see the inside of the building and enjoy the view of the city, but wouldn't recommend for a repeat performance for a formal dinner based on the food quality and kitchen output pace related to the price paid for the meal.Special Features:
- a great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/7/2014Our meal there was wonderful Although it was a Friday night and not crowded, our server seemed to rush us through our meal.....Special Features:
- JansueDined on 11/6/2014Great food and service. Made for a memorable birthday celebration.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- joannep5Dined on 11/5/2014My husband and were celebrating our wedding anniversary with dinner at the Grand Concourse. I mentioned that in my Open Table reservation and it actually carried through. The host who seated us and our waiter both wished us Happy Anniversary and gave us a "VIP" card for our table. The atmosphere as always was beautiful . We were in the River Room. The food was superb and it was good to see that their Charlie's Chowder was as delicious as I remembered it. To top off a lovely evening the waiter gave us a "complimentary" dessert. We had a thoroughly enjoyable experience start to finish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food!TJW24Dined on 11/2/2014We had an early dinner here after a musical at the Benedum. We had the Duck and Mahi Mahi Fall specials. Very delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great BrunchTechBrunchersDined on 11/2/2014Wonderful Sunday Brunch--great setting and wonderful food!Special Features:
- Awesome Brunch!FantasticDined on 11/2/2014Food is top notch - I could have ate a dozen of their freshly made donuts by myself. The Waffles are amazing - get the banana's foster topping!Special Features:
- BrunchFoodyintheburghDined on 11/2/2014Over all it was a nice meal, the food was very good and lots to choose from and the staff was very nice and attentive. My only wish was they had an adults only section as we were seated by children that were not behaved and parents that didn't care.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great BrunchpsfergusonDined on 11/2/2014This was my first and definitely not last trip to the Grand Concourse. Everything was great, don't hesitate to try it out yourself!Special Features:
- MattDined on 11/2/2014Sunday Buffett was very good especially the meats at carving station. Variety of food for price was good. The building and decor was very nice. Can get crowded at waffle and omelet station.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best restaurant I've ever been tooyuminthetumDined on 11/1/2014A classy restaurant with a laid back atmosphere. Quick too seat and order. The waiters are very attentive with a cheery attitude. The food is great and the portions are decent with a wide variety. Best restaurant I've ever been to hands down. Can't wait to visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- another neat place in Pittsburghhappy2dineDined on 10/30/2014been here so many times and each time is so special and just a great trip back in time... Service tonight was lacking but we overlooked it.. very slow... no refills...ouch! dry and hard bread too which is not usually the case... still we LOVE this place and will always return.. how loyal is THAT!Special Features:
- Great find!AAA1Dined on 10/30/2014Menu was excellent. A great retirement celebration locale. Service was great and the atmosphere was quiet so we could actually talk.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!!LacoleDined on 10/28/2014They made my birthday perfect!! The food, the service, and the restaurant overall was amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ReservationsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/26/2014Only thing that was terrible was the wait time for a table. what was the point of making a reservation at a certain time and still have to wait 20 to 30 minutes for a table. Then when we were seated they had the guest number wrong.Special Features:
- ExcellentluvPittriverDined on 10/26/2014Beautiful historic building with ambiance and view inside and out. Excellent brunch, perfect spot before Steeler game. Large variety of items. Carving station was great. Had no room for omelette station. Would come again. Reasonable price for food and atmosphere. Pittsburgh gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.