100 West Station Square Drive
Pittsburgh, PA 15219Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.muer.com/
- Phone: 4122611717
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Grand Concourse:
Monday - Friday 11:00am - 4:00pm
Lunch Gandy Dancer:
Monday - Saturday 11:00am - 4:00pm
Dinner Grand Concourse:
Monday - Friday 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Saturday 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Sunday 4:00pm - 9:00pm
Brunch Grand Concourse:
Sunday 10:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Loren Halprin
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Grand Concourse can accommodate any catering need. 3 private catering facilities available.
- Entertainment: Enjoy our live piano entertainment in the main dining room 7 nights a week. Please call for up to date details.
A word from Grand Concourse
Thank you for choosing Grand Concourse, Pittsburgh's premier waterfront seafood restaurant. Our fresh seafood, impeccable service & breathtaking view will make your experience one to remember.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Grand Concourse - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Grand Concourse reviews from OpenTable diners
326 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (225)scenic view (208)great for brunch (177)romantic (137)good for groups (104)fit for foodies (72)neighborhood gem (57)kid-friendly (46)notable wine list (44)great for lunch (36)great for outdoor dining (18)hot spot (14)late-night find (14)vibrant bar scene (11)Show More
- Always a treat!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/14/2014The sunset dining menu is superb. I thoroughly enjoyed the Martha's Vineyard Salad, Coconut Macadamia Shrimp, rice, broccoli and chocolate mousse. My husband loved his crab cakes, Charley's Chowder, asparagus, rice and chocolate mousse. Freshly baked Poppy seed rolls and salmon pate were also delicious. I prefer seating in the main dining room although this visit we enjoyed the city of Pittsburgh views from the River Room. Check out the Sunday Brunch too as it is simply the best in the region!Special Features:
- disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/14/2014I was not impressed at all. I didn't like the way the food was so scattered with no labels-I wasn't sure what some of the things were. I am only 5' -there were 3 bowls that were so high I couldn't see what was in them. We were there at 2pm and there were no visible signs of the omlet bar. We took family there for a 50th anniversary-we were all very disappointed. As for the food itself-we were very disappointed . We will not be going there again.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/14/2014My first time dining at the grand concourse. The food and service were excellent for a reasonable price too. I will gladly go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As always Great!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/14/2014Love the brunch tradition for my daughter's birthday every year!! Great food!!Special Features:
- Family gatheringYummyDined on 9/14/2014There was 12 of us for brunch and we were all treated as if there was only 1 of us!!! It was wonderful. good food, good service, a good time had by all :) We'll be back :)Special Features:
- Great Sunday brunchHappy123Dined on 9/14/2014You made some changes to the brunch and it is really good. The omelettes are good and it is just a wonderful atmosphere. Favorite place for brunch in the Pittsburgh area.Special Features:
- Best BrunchBarbDined on 9/14/2014We enjoyed our brunch and I am sorry that I cannot remember our server's name but she was excellent and explained everything to us. Hopefully you can check your records for that day and commend her. The food was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful brunchSweetMelissDined on 9/14/2014I enjoyed dinning in a unique setting. The piano player added to the experience. The food was good. I particularly liked the omlet station and the fresh donuts. The buffet area had many options but the food was not as notable. The staff was attentive and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Bit DisappointedDisappointedDinerDined on 9/13/2014My last visit to the Grand Concourse had me quite upset. I had made reservations for two about a week ahead of time and specifically stated, "please seat us in the center, it will be my guest's first time to the Grand Concourse." When we arrived, we were taken all the way to the back room, which had a view of the city on the water. Once arriving, I realized there was a wedding reception taking place that night. However, I had asked to be seated in center because I thought it would be the MAIN ROOM. What made matters worse was that we were the farthest tables from the windows to have a nice view. I would have appreciated a simple phone call to inform me there would be no seating in the main area due to a wedding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 64th wedding anniversary64yearsDined on 9/13/2014My parents wanted to go to this resteruant to celebrate their 64th anniversary, it was a disaster. The waitress must have been new, nothing went right we were given the wrong food at the wrong time. We received our entrie before we were given our salads. My mother finally received her entrie when my dad finished his desert. The soup was cold or the crab cakes and oysters were over cooked I would hope this was just a bad day. I know my parents did not enjoy themselves on this day, but I think they would like to try it again.Special Features:
- Reunion with a cousinOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014We had such a wonderful evening at the GC!! Everything was top notch, from cleanliness, to service to the choice of dinners! We couldn't have asked for more! Thank you!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/12/2014Always so beautiful and very clean on this visit. The glasses were spotless (always a pet peeve of mine) We were treated like VIPs. Quite disappointed in the food quality on this visit. Crab cakes were dry and looked like they had been sitting out all day. The parmesan crusted chicken coating was soggy and somewhat tasteless. The menu is old and tiring and needs totally refreshed and redone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DineoutoftenDined on 9/12/2014I love this venue but I always leave feeling that it wasn't worth what it cost.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FANTASTICpopcornDined on 9/12/2014I love this place. Dining in a historic location is wonderful. The food is excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Grand ConcourseOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/8/2014Haven't been there for many years but the interior is the same, which is just beautiful. Food was great, wait staff very attentive. Overall great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Real Nice PlaceSundayBrunchDined on 9/7/2014Our son was married Sunday at 10 AM at the Point. The service was running a bit long,(with pictures). We called and extended our reservation 15 minutes. They were very accommodating. We valet parked both of our cars, the waiter saw to it that our cars were brought up for us when we left. The food was excellent! One of the nicest dining experiences. We will be back.Special Features:
- Perfect BrunchSpaceCoastFLGirlDined on 9/7/2014We were looking for a wonderful brunch to take business guests to before the Steeler game. This was a perfect place! The food was amazing! The service was perfect, the ambiance was beautiful! We are so glad we picked the Grand Concourse for our brunch! Thank you for a perfect meal! We will be back the next time we are in the Burgh!Special Features:
- A Little Rocky at Firsttxflygirl87Dined on 9/6/2014Didn't start out well. Arr'd @ 7:13 for 7:15 res. & ck'd in. Wasn't greeted, but was told they'd let us know when they had a table for us. We went to bar. About 7:35, hostess came in & asked for "Kevin 'Benton', pty of 2". I asked if she was looking for "Kevin 'Clifton', pty of 2". She said no & continued calling out "Kevin Benton" (Res. was made online; I know how to spell my name) She came back about 10 min later & said they'd made a mistake & they 'were' looking for us. Finally got to our table; waiter greeted us with "Happy Anniversary" wish along with menus printed with "H.A." on them.(Again, res. made online). We aren't married; were there to celebrate my birthday. Just couldn't get it right. Waiter was great, but service was slowSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday Celebration for My HusbandOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/6/2014We have been to Station Square before, but this was our first dining experience at Grand Concourse. The service was impeccable and the food was excellent. I really enjoyed the lobster bisque. Looking at the history of this old train station via photos helped to pass the time while we waited for our table. The berry moscato sangria was absolutely delicious. I will have to learn how to make this drink. We will definitely bring out of town visitors to eat here and will also come for Sunday brunch.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/5/2014Quantity of food for the dollar was poor. Sides were cold. These would be issues if restaurant was busy, but this Fri night it was not. Typical of most chain restaurantsSpecial Features:
- Grand Concourse Pittsburgh PAtxcook85Dined on 9/4/2014We loved the look of this restaurant! Staff was friendly, great service. On the other hand, the food was not nearly what we expected for the price. It wasn't bad but with what they charge it should've been excellent and "not bad" doesn't cut it. I would be willing to give it another shot though, everyone has off days and our reservation was an hour before closing...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow worthyelegancesavvyDined on 8/31/2014We went there for a romantic dinner. The setting is phenomenal and the menu was impeccable. There was a lull in service and noise from a nearby table, but overall I am so glad we went. Would go again without a hesitation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GfamilyTheGFamDined on 8/31/2014Had a wonderful brunch this past Sunday. When I booked on Open Table I did not realize there was ONLY the brunch and not the regular lunch menu (somewhat disappointed). The brunch is set up beautifully and spread out nicely so there is no crowd(s) not "cafeteria line" feeling. Of course the venue is gorgeous so what else do we need, thats for sure. The brunch food was delish, plentiful, and beautifully presented (even the childrens table with cute little pbj sandwiches, chicken fingers and fries and some candy dishes as well - great job folks). Will get back again for the regular menu and will review thereafter. Kudos!Special Features:
- great brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/31/2014party of 6 - had a great experience, good food, great setting...although we miss the fire that used to come with the bananas foster - down with fire marshalsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great brunch experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/31/2014I love their waffle station. Delicious pastries. Great meat selections.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food and SelectionSelectionDined on 8/31/2014the selection for the Sunday brunch is excellent. Everything you can think of to have for breakfast was available.Special Features:
- A special Thank yourainbowchefDined on 8/31/2014I had my first experience at the grand concourse in April for my birthday. It was the first time I there and I was in awe over the overall experience so much so I needed to say a special thank you to my in laws for letting us live with them , while we were in the process of buy and selling our house over the summer I took them there. Needless to say they had a wonderful experience as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service, Gorgeous SettingJillSquireDined on 8/31/2014Sunday Brunch at the Grand Concourse is an incredible treat. The interior decor is breath taking, truly grand, yet the atmosphere is very relaxed - not at all pretentious. It is a Sunday brunch you can truly enjoy with your family, all ages. The wait staff seems to always be at your elbow, without being intrusive. If you are a foodie, you can put your nose in the air and be pretentious... or you can appreciate that you are in an incredibly beautiful example of turn of the century craftsmanship, where the service is excellent and the choices are almost endless with something to please everyone. The food is solidly good. I think they do an amazing job serving such a crowd yet making your personal experience relaxing and enjoyable.Special Features:
- frankiegDined on 8/30/2014We had taken two of our grandchildren there for birthday dinner from the vip card to food great experience by allSpecial Features:
- OutstandingJDanny22Dined on 8/29/2014Went here for my spouse's birthday. Had a great view of Pittsburgh and the food was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Birthday Celebration at GCfabulous50Dined on 8/29/2014Our family was in town from Detroit for our nephew's wedding and celebrated a ‘51st’ birthday at GC the evening before the wedding festivities. With nine in our party, all of us were very pleased with every aspect of our evening. The evening view of the river was captivating. Appetizers were outstanding - we ordered a second round of Dynamite Scallops! Dinner was spectacular and dessert, Bananas Foster Crème Brulee, was served and quickly devoured. We then toured the main dining area and enjoyed snapping few pictures with the lavish décor and majestic stained glass cathedral ceiling. Such a splendor to celebrate with loved ones in this magnificent historical restaurant. The staff made our evening and visit very special. Thank you!Special Features:
- mimichDined on 8/26/2014This was the first time we had eaten at Grand Concourse. We had a party of eight. The server Lyn was great. Never had to ask twice for anything. Food was great, nice presentation. Rolls were awesome, served fresh. Wine list was great, many choices.Special Features:
- love this placegrammyLDined on 8/24/2014we came here this time to celebrate back to school. My grand kids love it so it is the perfect place to celebrate anything!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday Brunch - Special OcassionsenjoydiningoutDined on 8/24/2014I enjoy taking friends and family to Grand Concourse (old train station) for the fabulous Sunday brunch! It is my favorite go to place for Special Occasions (birthday's, Mother's Day, Father's Day, Etc.) I love the variety of food. Something for everyone including the kids buffet table, hot fresh donuts, omelet bar, several delicious salads, the fantastic fish dishes just to name a few! The reason why we don't go more often. The price is close to $30.00 per person plus you have to pay for parking. I would highly recommend checking out Station Square and having the Sunday brunch at Grand Concourse if you are in visiting Pittsburgh.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Floor Director/MusicianEaglesCanSee2014Dined on 8/24/2014It may be helpful to employ at least (2) hospitality associates description specific to direct traffic to the stations which, undoubtedly will add warmth a venue so large. Further, it may add to the experience as these persons would be knowledgeable enough to answer any questions that guests may have about the building's history as they move about during brunch admiring the architecture. Additionally, you may consider contracting a pianist whose ability offers more relaxing accompaniment with a smooth continuum of music as not to be so choppy, making it obvious that music was being read from the sheet. Lastly, you may consider having the piano with amplification throughout the restaurant, as you would any music set for atmosphere.Special Features:
- Historic GemAlexandrianDined on 8/23/2014Spectacular setting, good food! Lovely view from the river room across to the downtown skyline.Special Features:
- Lousy landrys chain restaurantRicknJanDined on 8/23/2014What a disappointment. When Chuck Muir owned the GC, it was a wonderful place for an elegant dinner. I unfortunately learned during dinner that it was sold to Landry's. That immediately answered both my wife's and my questions about why the appetizer, the scallops with, I think, cheese sauce were so small and terrible flavored AND why our main dishes were fried to a crisp. I had Parmesan "encrusted" tilapia. More like "entombed" in fried batter. Landry's kept the Muir GC prices but significantly cut quality. My bill was $165 with a $60 bottle of wine. The wines, none younger than 2011, were way overpriced. Don't waste your time going here as I will NEVER go back.
- Horrible!!!!!!!!!HorribleDined on 8/23/2014This was a horrible experience. There was a wedding going on which was not that bad but they also had Duquense orientation going on at the same time. The place was noisy. You could not hear yourself think. Ordered a steak medium well and it cam out so well that I could not chew the meat. The broccoli was raw. The potatoes were cold and hard. It was like they scrapped a baked potato out. It took forever to get served. We ended up paying $150.00 for the meal and it was not worth $10.00. I would never go here again or recommend it to to anyone else. My husband wanted to do something special for me and I had a better experience at The Outback!
- HorribleAnonymousDined on 8/23/2014First, they brought us to a table for 10 when our reservation was for 6 people. They left us standing there while they conferred, then sat us a a table for six. Then they moved us again. By this time everyone in the room was looking at us. One kid's pasta meal had a seafood flavor to the sauce, which kids don't like. The other kid's meal came after the rest of the food. My grilled salmon was partly raw. Despite three trips to the table by the manager and $30 off the bill, the experience, which was to celebrate a birthday, was terrible. The new management leaves much to be desired. Will not return or recommend
- Stop here for drinks, not dinnerLauraGVIPDined on 8/22/2014We consider ourselves foodies. We didn't make a reservation for our 22nd anniversary here for the food - we chose the place for the unique dining room and the sentimental value. That ended up about as expected. My recommendation is to visit the bar - the Gandy Dancer. Stick to what this place still has going - the atmosphere, drinks, and appetizers. Can't beat the building - but there are much better choices for dinner and service these days in Pittsburgh.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.