Grand Central Restaurant & Bowling Lounge
808 SE Morrison St.
Portland, OR 97214Neighborhood:
Downtown Portland - SE
Bar / Lounge / Bottle ServicePrice: $30 and under
Grand Central Restaurant & Bowling Lounge
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.thegrandcentralbowl.com/
- Phone: 5032362695
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, Comfort Food, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Brett Brammer
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Dancing, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Grand Central can provide events with unparalleled versatility. Used alone or combined our private rooms and meeting spaces create a spectacular atmosphere for events large and small. Our private rooms are wired for sound, have high-speed internet connections and PowerPoint presentation capabilities
- Private Party Contact: Nichole Szymanowski 8883021778
- Entertainment: We have 12 lanes of Bowling downstairs, and our second floor (which is only open on Friday and Saturday nights)is a loft over looking the lanes that is equipped with another full bar, an open dance floor, two pool tables and video poker.
A word from Grand Central Restaurant & Bowling Lounge
Our restaurant is connected to an upscale bowling alley with a full-serviced bar focused in the center of dining area. Seating options include comfortable booths, cushioned stools at the wrap-around bar, or tables with high-seated chairs. We have a diverse menu featuring gourmet burgers, sandwiches, salads, delicious appetizers, pizzas, and specialty dishes like grilled sirloin steak, pastas, fish and chips, and the ever popular orange chicken and kung pao chicken. Since we have a full bar, there are also endless options for your favorite drinks! Showing on every side of the bar in the center are 8 televisions always showing your favorite sports events or music videos! It's a great time here at Grand Central Restaurant and Bowling Lounge!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Grand Central Restaurant & Bowling Lounge reviews from OpenTable diners
- bowling and breakfastgoodeatsDined on 7/27/2013It was not that busy which was great. However our server didn't come over to warm up coffee and refill water only once. I asked for a to go box with my order and to bring out with my food. I said I really would like it and didn't get it and I had to ask for itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Well doneShannymDined on 7/26/2013Menu selection was unique and plentiful. Portions were good, food was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bachelor PartyStevenDined on 7/6/2013We started out here for my friends bachelor party. We had a real good time drinking beers and bowling. The food was really good and the servers were nice and prompt. The place had a cool atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- we really love this placemisspreea78VIPDined on 6/1/2013we really love this place and our friends/family did tooSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This restaurant was a surprise.dlomaxDined on 5/25/2013This restaurant was a surprise. We expected all that come with a restaurant that is connected with a bowling alley but the reality exceeded our expectations. Great menu, reasonable prices, vibrant (yes noisy but it's a bowling alley so come on!) It was our anniversary and I mentioned that just once in an email to the manager. and the special treatment we received started at the door with the hostess acknowledging our special day, carried through the meal with a special dessert for us recommended by our server and included a visit from the manager and continued on to our bowling session after dinner where we were acknowledged again on our special day. We were really happy and had a great, super fun time bowling with the grown ups. Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was quite good, up-gradedDavid11217Dined on 5/7/2013Food was quite good, up-graded pub grub with enough variety to keep it interesting. Prices were fair and service was pleasant: not gourmet or fine dining but still worthwhile and a very nice surprise.I would recommend this to a friend.
- food was mediocre at best.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/17/2013food was mediocre at best. Limp boring cold potatoes, very little hollandaise, had to repeatedly ask for coffee. despite two emails confirming our reservation the hostess did not have it and we had to wait a half hour to be seated. Being a former restaurant manager I noticed the staff did not seem to be working together, lot of confusion going on. Definitely would not go back.
- Better food, fewer lanesOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/16/2013The food has improved immensely, great atmosphere, and ambiance. I miss the pool and the extra lanes, but now I can eat good food!Special Features:
- Helpful staff great food,OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/15/2013Helpful staff great food, were great with our group of 12Special Features:
- The food was great and theOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/22/2013The food was great and the ambiance was good overall. However, the music was set way too loud. In our group of 7, it made it impossible to hear what people were saying in our group without getting up and walking to the other end of the table.
- A little spendy for bowling,OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/10/2013A little spendy for bowling, however I like the lounge feeling. I did not like the timer on the bowling screen,I felt a lot of pressure to rush through, especially after paying $15.00 for 1/2 hour.Special Features:
- The one disappointing thingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/31/2012The one disappointing thing was that they ran out of some alcohol on New Year's Eve. Didn't seem that the event was prepared for the event because they ran out when we sat down at 9. I also didnt.like that there was no room for dancing. There was ample.room where the bowling was, they shouldve utilize the downstairs. I've been here before and the service and ambiance has been good so that is why I would refer this place.
- Picked Grand Central for myOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/22/2012Picked Grand Central for my birthday celebration this year. Great food, excellent service for a large group of 12. Bowling was fun with upbeat music and nice lanes.Special Features:
- Everyone is reporting havingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/14/2012Everyone is reporting having a great time---giving me lots of compliments for thinking of bowling for the holiday. Your ad about bowlling for the holiday was the inspiration. The only thing, and it was my fault, was to make reservations for a restaurant/bar table as well as bowling lanes. Since there was a table over the bowling balls to have food on, the restaurant table wasn't needed.Special Features:
- Jazzy but not so much for kidsgorgeguyDined on 9/30/2012The videos weren't exactly kid-friendly and the chicken strips were way salty. The server was "on-the-spot" and the dim lighting with fancy side lighting made the lanes look pretty cool.Special Features:
- I loved it! The food was greatIlikefoodDined on 9/29/2012I loved it! The food was great and our server did a good job. There was one SUPER obnoxious guy sitting at the bar. There was a football game on and he was SHOUTING at the TV the entire time we were there. I had to try and not let it ruin my night, but it was hard to hear my husband over this guy. Somebody should've asked him to be quieter. That is the only negative thing. Also, if you're going for bowling, don't go on a Friday or Saturday night unless you have a large group, because the bowling is way more expensive those nights.Special Features: