Grand Cafe-Grand Geneva Resort
7036 Grand Geneva Way
Lake Geneva, WI 53147Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Grand Cafe-Grand Geneva Resort
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.grandgeneva.com/
- Phone: 2622494788x
- Hours of Operation:
Grand Café Breakfast:
Grand Café Lunch:
Grand Café Dinner:
Friday-Saturday: (Featuring our Prime Rib and Seafood Buffet) 5:00pm-10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Michael Sawin
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Private Dining Available.
- Private Party Facilities: Private Dining Available. Birthdays, Anniversaries, Celebrations, Reunions, Wedding Dinners and more. Our chef will work with you to cater a custom menu for your function to meet your needs.
- Private Party Contact: Jamaica Fincher 2622457552x
- Entertainment: Enjoy live entertainment performing nightly located adjacent to the Grand Cafe. Relax and enjoy the music amid comfortable surroundings and a roaring fire. Appetizers, sandwiches, and desserts are also available. Non-smoking.
A word from Grand Cafe-Grand Geneva Resort
Enjoy seasonal American fare fused with ethnic flair in a casual atmosphere. Experience the flavors of the changing Midwestern seasons, with healthy dining options from low-carb to low-calorie, as well as sinfully delicious desserts. Don’t miss our weekend breakfast buffet featuring an omelet station. Grand Cafe is located on the 1300 acre Grand Geneva Resort, just a short drive from downtown Lake Geneva.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Grand Cafe-Grand Geneva Resort - Best Restaurants in Lake Geneva ›
Grand Cafe-Grand Geneva Resort reviews from OpenTable diners
6 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.3Noise LevelModerate
great for brunch (4)good for groups (4)great for lunch (4)kid-friendly (3)scenic view (3)romantic (2)special occasion (2)neighborhood gem (1)hot spot (1)vibrant bar scene (1)notable wine list (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Great Birthday dinner!Happy2reviewDined on 8/13/2014We took out aunt here for her birthday dinner and we had a very nice time. Food was super yummy. The green bean appetizer and turkey rueben were amazing!! Our server Emily was fantastic. She was very kind and provided impeccable service. Our aunt felt very honored to have her birthday dinner at Grand Geneva. The birthday dessert and candle made her feel like a princess, thank you!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Buffet & kidsGEEZEEVIPDined on 8/2/2014The food & service were very good - waitress was very nice. The only thing that ruined our night were the loud kids screaming next to us.Special Features:
- Grand Cafe-Grand GenevaLoveOpenTableDined on 7/18/2014Our experience for Friday dinner was ok. We were seated right away, but not per our request near a window. Also, service was very poor. Many tables were attended to before us, even though we were seated first. Many open tables too, which made us feel that they were just short/poorly staffed. We ended up having the seafood buffet just so we could eat right away. Crab legs were served cold, which wasn't very tasty. Not that impressed for cost of buffet. Went to have drinks on outdoor patio near fire after, which was very nice.
- The following 102 reviews are from the Grand Cafe-Grand Geneva Resort reviews archive.
- Good seafood buffetRunningSapDined on 6/13/2014Good seafood buffet. My son loved the crab legs and are plate after plate. In addition to seafood they had a carving station and the prime rib was perfect. I'd recommend itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 5/31/2014We were looking for a nice place to eat on a busy Saturday evening -- but didn't want to go "all out". The Grand Geneva Location showed off beautifully and we enjoyed the more casual ambiance of the Grand Cafe (vs. the more upscale Brissago or Chop House, which we love) We all had a different entree and enjoyed our meals VERY much. Things were relaxed and most enjoyable. Wine list was nice and we were allowed to take our time while enjoying conversation with our guests. We will be back -- soon, I'm guessing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BuffetOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/25/2014Food and service were both great! We enjoyed the golf course lakeside view. We had the seafood buffet and everything was delicious. Server was very friendly and checked on us frequently, but was not intrusive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingJayjayDined on 4/4/2014We planned to eat the seafood buffet, but the quality of food on the buffet looked poor. So we ate off the menu and it was pretty good. There were a lot of loud children in the dining room which made conversation hard. we chose to go elsewhere for our other meals.Special Features:
- I made an OpenTable reservationDubidubiVIPDined on 3/27/2014I made an OpenTable reservation for dinner at 9pm last Wednesday. We were literally walking out the door when the gal told me that, at 8:45, my reservation was being cancelled and that the Geneva Chop House, many times more expensive, could take us. That's absurd.
- Made reservation several weeksOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/15/2014Made reservation several weeks ahead when I reserved my room at the Grand Geneva. I had a 11am reservation. I even got a second email reminder for the reservation that morning. I get to the cafe and the hostess and waitress tell me they don't take reservations and are very rude. I tried to explain them that they do online right through the Grand Geneva website, however they were emphatic that I was wrong and service remained poor throughout our inning experience there.Special Features:
- FAIR - Nothing too spectacularAnniversaryWeekendDined on 2/21/2014My husband and I spent our anniversary weekend at Grand Geneva. We stopped in after we arrived on Friday evening for the seafood buffet in the Grand Cafe. We ordered a bottle of champagne to share with dinner... which was delivered very warm. After taking the first drink,, we immediately had to ask to get it chilled. The wait staff did not seem too knowledgeable. The prime rib was delicious although we did not realize there were various sauces to be used with it until after since they were located by the crab legs. Our meal was finished after I found a hair in the broccoli/cauliflower salad. Overall, it seemed to be a good area for groups and families just don't expect anything too spectacular.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quality foodkateDined on 2/16/2014I was pleasantly surprised to find quality food, the real thing. Everything I tasted, including from my family member's plates, tasted home-made. I cook a lot so I can tell the difference. Even the deserts had a homemade quality to them, not the overly sweet artificial fare that substitutes for food in so many places.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine Day dinnerJeffReigbterDined on 2/14/2014We enjoyed our experience. Our server was very courteous, helpful and attentive. Food choices were good and plentiful. Thanks for helping me to make my 38th Vday with my girl great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentines DayOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2014was sat a table promptly but the buffet was not what we felt it should have been for the price paid. Crab legs cold unless you asked them to steam them,then it was a good little wait. We felt selection was minimal. Our server was very attentive to our needs. Atmosphere was nice, tables were a little close,made getting up a little bit of a challenge. We probably would not go there again.Special Features:
- Great buffetFatboyDined on 2/14/2014We went for dinner on valentines day. The food was great and there was a big selection of dishes, they even had a seperate children's buffet. Food was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great serverholidaytripDined on 12/22/2013we were expecting a full menu when we made our reservations, they were offering a seafood buffet with a limited menu, we all chose the buffet for our dining options. we had to request a server after waiting almost 10 min after being seated. our server was very attentive and made sure we did not have to wait for anything. The dessert buffet was fairly sparse once we were ready for dessert. when we inquired about the availability of additional deserts, our server said she had a pastry chef at her disposal and she would take care of it. she then brought out four huge servings of four different deserts, that were not on the buffet, and they were all fantastic. All in all, the food was good, but the service was exceptional once we got it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The grand "grand cafe!"Jared4885Dined on 11/29/2013Food was awesome, server was especially great. My girlfriend and I just got engaged and were having a romantic dinner to celebrate. The server brought us champagne and roses free of charge and with out me asking her to. It really made the night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food in a wonderful settingrbastroDined on 10/25/2013The Friday night seafood and prime rib buffet was positvely superb. It's definitely worth the drive from Milwaukee!Special Features:
- Grand cafe. Nice buffet andOutOnTheTownDined on 10/19/2013Grand cafe. Nice buffet and our waiter was outstanding. Lobby bar was nice but waitress kept walking by us...we had to walk up to bar and order our own drinks. Overall great spot!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Weekend StayVinceDined on 8/17/2013There is no bad time at The Grand Geneva. The atmosphere, accommodations, dining, service, & entertainment are always a grade above.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Grand Cafe is GrandalleycatVIPDined on 8/7/2013This was our fourth trip to Lake Geneva for a little get-away. We ate at the Grand Cafe and Grand Geneva resort three times during our trip. I had the chicken quesadilla (ate half, brought half home); the salmon and sticky rice; chicken flat bread. I enjoyed everything that I ate - the salmon was especially yummy (hubby ate it, too). We asked to have the super fattening things withheld and they were very accommodating (butter sauce on salmon, green goddess dressing on flat bread). The Grand Geneva is a wonderful resort with very high-end amenities without the very high end prices. We are looking forward for our next trip!Special Features:
- Prime Rib & Crableg BuffetCrablegsDined on 8/3/2013Overall the buffet was very good. Good selection of entrees and choices. The waitress had to bring the crablegs to the table, these were not at the buffet stations. Overall service could have been a little better in finding a waitress in order to request more crablegs for the table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This was once a wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/3/2013This was once a wonderful place full of good restaurants. The ambience is great which is the only reason we return. Their brunches were outstanding and now fair and not worth the price. On this visit, the buffet was still poor. The server left empty plates until we called him over. The food off the menu was fair at best and if they cannot make a particular dish, they should not offer it. The lounge with the piano is very nice and I would recommend that for anyone. Expect lots of children at all times, which is Ok as long as you know in advance as we do. Overall if not for the view, try some other palceSpecial Features:
- grand geneva cafevitaDined on 7/27/2013Excellent==great food, the service was outstanding--everyone was so nice to our 2 kids and even showed them how to crack crab legs great experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice selection of itemsKEK909Dined on 6/28/2013We ate at the Grand Cafe for seafood buffet on Friday night. The shrimp and crab were very good - they could have been more chilled, but nice selection of mustards, horseradish, dipping sauces. Dessert selection was nice, salad options were okay but dressing choices were a bit slim. Would have liked some healthier vinegrette choices. The nicest part of dinner was the special anniversary dessert they brought out for us!Special Features:
- The food was pretty good,OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/22/2013The food was pretty good, although due to our timing we seemed to always catch the tail end of the buffet dishes so had we timed it better we probably would have enjoyed it more if we helped ourselves to the fresher dishes brought out, over all tho the food was worth the $'s both in quantity & quality. The service however left a bit to be desired at least with our server. I would consistantly have to wave her down for drinks & even the cheque. With it being buffet style she had very few opportunities to show she earned a tip & failed dismally each time. We never not leave a tip but having to do so with such poor service left a bad taste in my mouth.Special Features:
- Went to Grand Geneva for thebigdogVIPDined on 2/23/2013Went to Grand Geneva for the 2 for 1 Prime Rib buffet and experienced the great coupon fiasco. Restauarant management gave us a difficult time trying to utilize offer for (4) adults. Luckily, a fellow diner provided another coupon from a newspaper! What a joke...
- Prime Rib & Crab buffett lacklusterOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/23/2013Grand Cafe gets me to return occasionally but only because of special offers. While our server was very helpful and prompt, the buffet line was chaotic and many dishes were completely empty. The trays often contained very little, if any, food especially the shrimp, crab legs, etc. The prime rib was very good! While it's understandable due to the crowd, it was after 7:30pm and one would think that at some point the staff could keep up. Furthermore, the desert table was a distraction due to the number of children that apparently showed up without parents as they were eating literally off the table and playing with the chocolate fountain. If you're looking for a decent meal and don't want to go into town then this is fine.Special Features:
- Give it a tryOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/22/2013We had the friday night seafood buffet. Great fish dishes, large peel and eat shrimp, and a small, but tasty salad bar. Crab legs are served cold and not very large. We didn't find them to have a very good crab flavor. Perhaps they were steamed, then plunged into ice water, which if left in the water, would have drawn out some of the flavor. Warm drawn butter is available and that may have helped the flavor. The chef carved prime rib was excellent. The dessert table, while not large, has many tasty treats including a chocolate fountain with assorted dippers. A live jazz band at the bar just steps below the buffet played great music making the night very enjoyable. Atmosphere is warm, casually formal and relaxing. We had fun, may go back.Special Features:
- The ONLY change for this reviewOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/22/2013The ONLY change for this review is the date -------always a GOOD time with GREAT food! We'll be back!!!
- The Friday night Cafe BuffetOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/8/2013The Friday night Cafe Buffet is always a treat.....crab legs, shrimp, prime rib, side dishes, salads and desserts.
- great food, service a tadOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/26/2013great food, service a tad slow at times, need more choices on the potatoes, only had 1 but most of the food was great. The lounge entertainment was outstanding!!!Special Features:
- In house restaurant at GrandPabloXTXRNDined on 1/19/2013In house restaurant at Grand Geneva Resort, so there were many families with children-they loved the chocolate dessert fountain. Had the Saturday Crab and Prime Rib buffet. It was kept replenished all evening with fresh food. The staff was great about special requests, especially the chef at the buffet. He saw to things such as warming the chilled crab legs for folks and even putting slices of prime rib on the grill in the kitchen so as to be more well done for patrons. Good value, good food and good service.Special Features:
- A compliant is that I leftOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/1/2013A compliant is that I left my gloves at the table accidentally. I immediately to the table fetch them and they weren't at the table. I spoke with the front server about this and she stated no one had returned them. I'm very dissappointed with my gloves having been taken vs returned. I am very surprised that'd happen at the Grand. I find this concerning regarding future visits to the Grand.Special Features:
- pricey, but to be expected..OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/24/2012Good Food, pricey, but expected for a resort. Resort could use updating..still has the 70's feel with the dark wood. If you pay with a debit/credit card, the cafe automatically adds 20% and authorizes the full amount. They did this to us without any notice beforehand until I checked my bank account the following day. I thought the waitress had too many tables..they should have had a person just paying attention to drinks and bread for a number of tables.Special Features:
- Reservations recommend. OutstandinOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 12/23/2012Reservations recommend. Outstanding service. We requested an item not on the menu and they met our request. Food was good. Price was a bit high but expected being a hotel restaurant.Special Features:
- We took our employees forOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/20/2012We took our employees for lunch on Thursday for our Christmas celebration. The Server, Manager and entire staff were very accomodating and attentive; and the all our entrees were delicious!Special Features:
- We highly recommend theirGreek1Dined on 12/9/2012We highly recommend their Breakfast buffet. Omelettes from scratch, & waffles... delicious.Special Features:
- We had a seafood buffet onOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/30/2012We had a seafood buffet on Friday night, but selection for seafood buffet was very small, only shrimps and crab legs plus 2 kind of fish. Unfortunately both shrimps and crab legs had no flavor at all and fish was overcooked (maybe from being in warmers for long time). Onion soup was good and the service was good too. Prior to Seafood buffet we had dined in Grand Cafe and the Asian Tuna salad along with Pot roast were very good, but the seafood buffet was a little disappointment for us.Special Features:
- The Grand Cafe was great.....servicromance4twoDined on 11/18/2012The Grand Cafe was great.....service and food was excellent and we were never forgotten. We did not have the buffet, but it also looked wonderful with a large dessert table. It was very crowded as the resort was having it's holiday tree lighting ceremony. Still, we would go back again and recommend this to any family.Special Features:
- I dont know If you over cookOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/17/2012I dont know If you over cook your crab legs on purpose so people dont eat that many. but they are propably cooked when you get them just thaw and serve.