1126 Morro St.
San Luis Obispo, CA 93401Neighborhood:
San Luis Obispo
CalifornianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.granadahotelandbistro.com/
- Phone: 8055449110x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 3:00pm.
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm.
Sunday Brunch: 10:30am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Wine Bar, Californian, International
- Executive Chef: Justin Casey
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Special Events: Granada is available for private parties or social events! Whether its an office party, wedding rehearsal dinner, or just a gathering with friends, our swanky and intimate venue is the perfect place to share exceptional wine and cuisine. To book a private party or for more information please contact via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
A word from Granada Bistro
The heart and inspiration for Granada is the beloved and pre-existing Granada Bistro. This space has been renovated and re-imagined in industrial chic design, serving farm-to-table ingredients sourced from Central Coast farmers and purveyors. Dishes are inspired by Mediterranean culture, French and Spanish cuisine. Small plates, charcuterie and the freshest local seafood, meats, and produce are complemented by an eclectic wine list including Spanish and French selections, and a range of the Central Coast’s finest artisan wine producersContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Granada Bistro - Best Restaurants in San Luis Obispo ›
Granada Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
49 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (43)fit for foodies (33)romantic (29)special occasion (28)neighborhood gem (26)hot spot (16)notable wine list (12)vibrant bar scene (10)great for lunch (8)late-night find (7)good for groups (7)great for brunch (5)scenic view (5)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Business meetingroadwarriorDined on 10/19/2014All involved were happy. Nice setting, great food and service.Special Features:
- Loved the Upper PatiojamesDined on 10/17/2014The upper patio was a great place to enjoy dinner. The heat lamps and cozy feel were unique and enjoyable. The food wasn't mind blowing but it was yummy.Special Features:
- Distinguished DiningBadtotheBonAppetitDined on 10/17/2014Well executed ambiance, stellar service, satisfying menu, splendid cocktails.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the best in SLODrewDined on 10/5/2014We had a fantastic birthday dinner with surprises from both the bartender and chef. We'll be sure to come back soon!Special Features:
- Almost outstandingExperienceFoodsDined on 10/4/2014First off I loved the atmosphere while walking through the hotel up to the Terrace. Being on the terrace was an amazing experience. I loved the decor,seating,scenery.The strawberry lemonade was the best I've ever tasted. It was sour and sour is my thing. I chose the Mary’S 1/2 Organic Brick Chicken. It was amazing...the flavor and tenderness was spot on.My wife chose the Summer Pappardelle. Let's just say that's what I will be choosing on our next visit. We were not going to leave this place without some dessert. I chose the Key Lime Pie. It was Epic!!! Right down my alley. My wife chose the New York Cheesecake. I don't like cheesecake but I loved this.The rap music did not fit with the atmosphere at all on the terrace and it was very loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Stop in San Luis ObispoOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/2/2014Excellent time with fresh, local, organic "eats" including heirloom tomatoes, pears, ceasar salad, mussels and Killer Apple Cider (alcoholic) to wash it down. YUM! Noisy inside (suggest the placement of more things on the walls and floor, or suspended from ceiling to absorb the sound) so we ate outside. Very nice but too dark. Gas fire element was too hot for some guests but then blew out when the flames were turned down and we could smell gas, so that needs to be modified as well. Get all those CalPoly engineering students to figure out these issues because the location is great, the food is exceptional, the service was really good and this place should be a huge success. Reward the fix-it students with some free food! Thanks for dinner!Special Features:
- Patio DiningMorroBayDinerDined on 10/2/2014We went for appetizers before a show. We thoroughly enjoyed the cozy yet open patio. The bacon-wrapped dates were fantastic ans was the french press coffee.Special Features:
- TasteIdoLVIPDined on 10/1/2014I wish I could write a better review. The bar is great. They serve very nice drink and have a good selection. Then get to the table. The Patio is very nice. Watch out for the fire pits! The small plates are good; like the Deviled Eggs, the Granada Platter. They should have a greater selection on these small (tapas) platters. We both chose an entree. That was a mistake. My wife had the sole and I had the "brick" chicken. Both dishes were far too salty. Please taste your sauces and make sure you do not over salt your dishes. The ice cream we ordered was melted while the sorbet was not available. Put ice cream from Doc Bernstein on your menu! Some changes should be made and this little gem could bounce back up for meSpecial Features:
- High Expectations DisappointedLocavore1Dined on 9/30/2014I wanted some delicious appetizers and a cocktail before a painting class in the building--what I had was an overpriced plate of hard pears, unremarkable frites, and a simple casserole of Mac and Cheese. The seating outside felt crowded and to stay warm I had a view of a brick wall. The staff were friendly and the waiter professional. But overall I expected much better food and wine for the price.
- Terrific food and service, but loudlaggVIPDined on 9/25/2014When we decided to stay in the Granada Hotel for our stop in San Luis Obispo, I read about their Bistro and made a reservation. The food and service were just as terrific as the reviewers say. The wine list was very good, as you would expect in that part of California, and the menu was varied and interesting. We loved our food, and also the interesting take on key lime pie for dessert. Our one complaint is that the restaurant was much too loud. They pipe loud music from two speakers into the dining area, and the acoustics plus the fact that the restaurant opens onto the busy downtown street combine to produce a high noise level. At times the waiter even had to yell for us to hear him. Do eat here but be prepared for noise.Special Features:
- Fan-f*^%ing-tastic!kansltDined on 9/24/2014A MUST when in SLO! While staying at the hotel, we decided to do dinner in the bistro downstairs. We had a drink on the upstairs patio enjoying the incredibly comfortable chairs, when we were asked by the staff if we would prefer to have dinner up there, since we looked so relaxed & were ensconced in our seats. Oh yeah we said! We were treated like royalty! The staff was spot-on, from recommendations to accomendations, everything was as the review is titled! The food was more of the same! We ordered the "Granada" for starts [3 meats, 3 cheeses, fruit, & crostini], the butter lettuce salad [OMG], local salmon & Berkshire chop entrees! All locally sourced & prepared to perfection. Unfortunately, we had no room left for dessert. Next time...Special Features:
- Best burger in townbrianspVIPDined on 9/19/2014We have a lot of 'em in SLO. Granada's is the best, and pretty much everything on the menu is great. I've gone here for business lunches, date night w/ my husband, and Sunday brunch, and have never been disappointed with the food or the service. The fire feature outside is a bit extreme. :-)Special Features:
- Don't arrive hungry.owlhillfoodieVIPDined on 9/15/2014Food was wonderful but it took forever to get to the table, and we had arrived hungry in anticipation of a great meal. Not sure why it was an hour after our arrival that the appetizers were served, the restaurant didn't appear that busy. Service was friendly but never apologized for or explained why everything was so slow. Portions are not large, requiring lots of plates, which combined with high prices made for quite a formidable bill. Bread was great quality but cost an extra $3. Beautiful setting outdoors eased the embarrassment somewhat as we were hosting guests.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Foodie's Divine Haven9112014Dined on 9/11/2014We had a divine dining experience at Granada Bistro for my daughter's birthday! The food was excellent! The proportions were great and very tasty! The service was impeccable and the ambiance was divine! :)Special Features:
- Great dinner and romantic eveningLeroyboyDined on 9/10/2014Friendly personnel. Good food. Kitchen was a little slow. 1/2 hour wait between finishing salad and being served dinner. Romantic evening.Special Features:
- Delicious Small PlatesdebwyckDined on 9/9/2014Since this was our first dining experience at Grenada Bistro we decided to order a handful of small plates to get a feel for the place.....and we were impressed! I definitely would return and they have a very personable and informed staff working at the Bistro. Great wine list and cocktails also!Special Features:
- Excellent meal in a lovely settingMamajoDined on 9/5/2014A romantic setting at dusk with excellent food and beautiful presentation. The bouillabaisse was scrumptious and the wine choices were outstanding. Excellent service and the outdoor dining terraces are beautiful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful Lunch!eatandtalkVIPDined on 8/27/2014We met an old friend for lunch. The setting is lovely - outdoor or "almost outdoor" seating. We sat by the slide open window, fresh air but in the shade. Perfect. We ordered a couple of small plates for the table: deviled eggs (really special and spicy!) and bacon-wrapped dates stuffed with blue cheese (yum!!). The chicken cobb salad and steak salad were positively wonderful. The special salmon of the day was also good. Our friend asked to have the pureed veggie sauce on the side which they did, no problem. We'll be back!Special Features:
- Ambiance - Great! Food - MehMimiLaLaDined on 8/24/2014Beautiful setting in downtown San Luis Obispo, but it may be time for a new chef. Clams in a murky reddish broth with supermarket baguette; overdone salmon; best part of mussels were the frites. Maybe that's why there were only two tables of diners at 8 on Saturday night?Special Features:
- greens for daysslofoodieDined on 8/22/2014The burratta with spiced peaches was the best of the 4 dishes I tried. The duck confit was rich and flavorful but I found the ciabatta too thick for its topping. A thinner bread might have worked better. The greens in all the dishes (the beet salad especially) were abundant, perfectly dressed, and at the peak of freshness. And the key lime pie was both authentically key and innovatively served. Service was attentive but not fawning. My only complaint? The side of fries I added in a moment of indulgence did not pay off. They were stubby and therefore difficult to use in the terrific dipping sauce they came with. It was like they had reached the last of the batch and were left with just the shorties. I will be back to try the next 4 dishes.Special Features:
- Nice placeSLOEaterDined on 8/18/2014Nice place, friendly staff, "good" food/selection. Had to pay for bread with appetizers/"small plates"(most places it's part of table service). .Special Features:
- AWESOME!!!MonicaLDined on 8/16/2014We came here "just because"....and had a great time!!!!...Great food, great staff, and the ambiance is fantastic. Would definately come here again and again!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Maxy3964FoodloverDined on 8/8/2014Amazing food. Everything we ordered was flavorful & well put together. Service was great and ambiance was above par. We are definitely going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It looked good...ELCJRDined on 7/18/2014Unfortunately we ate inside- very noisy. The food was so-so. If you eat here, do it outside. We won't return- there are a lot of places to eat in SLO that have better food.Special Features:
- and a nifty cocktail listOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/16/2014Delicious, although we simply ordered several appetizers. Our waitress had a gift for timing: bringing the next dish when we finished the previous one. We plan in returning to explore the rest of the menu. AND it's a restaurant in a hotel.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One word...PamelaDined on 7/4/2014AWESOME! The food was great! The atmosphere was beautiful and relaxing. We loved the outside seating area because it was protected on 3 sides and not windy or chilly. The service was charming. Our waitress was so pleasant and knew just the perfect drink to recommend when asked. Try the "welcome" drink! Light and refreshing!Special Features:
- Small Plates Yummy BitesBellaunoVIPDined on 6/26/2014Thursday night with the Farmers Market in full swing was fun and entertaining. The food is delicious. We tried the Burrata bruchetta, Duck Confit, and Ceviche. All good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 20 reviews are from the Granada Bistro reviews archive.
- Can't wait to go backWinnDined on 6/21/2014We just had our first visit to Granada and can't wait to experience it again. The atmosphere is unlike anything else in SLO county - a great mix of old world with a modern update. The food and wine were delicious. The vibe felt as if we were in NYC, LA, Chicago or Europe. It's like a great urban bistro. Bring a sweater or jacket for the outdoor seating. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Great find2aboutUVIPDined on 6/8/2014I was in SLO with my son to register for school and with since he was occupied with his college friends I went looking for a nice dinner. I went on line and found the Granada Bistro that apparently has an attached Boutique Hotel. All I can say is the evening was a treat. From the hand rubbed and pan seared steak (I think it was achiote paste) to the wine followed by dessert, I took my time and enjoyed myself all the while being attended to as if I was a special guest. I plan on being in the area several times a year and will definitely go back to the Granada Bistro to try the scallops but also to stay at the hotel as well. Some dinners next to me said it was incredible.Special Features:
- Outstanding Dessert!CirqueDined on 5/17/2014We had the hamburger, steak and lamb and they all were very good but the best was the cheese cake!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very pleasant setting and good foodFoodieVIPDined on 5/16/2014We really enjoyed our table at Granada because we were close enough to the table next to us to carry on interesting conversations with 2 different couples. The food was very good too. The nettle pasta was interesting, though a little too salty. The fresh salmon was excellent.Special Features:
- Not Too ShabbyemtapsDined on 5/11/2014I wouldn't necessarily consider this a tapas bar when comparing it to something similar, like Luna Red. The restaurant had great ambiance, but is a little on the smaller side, so I was happy we reserved through OpenTable. The service was wonderful and the staff is very friendly. I asked for a recommendation for brunch between an omelet and a salad, thinking both would fill me up. My parents and boyfriend got hearty egg dishes, while my salad could have passed for a side dish at the same price! That was my only problem in our experience there. I will definitely make sure to order a sandwich or breakfast item next time around!Special Features:
- The Best in SLO!JuneBugVIPDined on 5/11/2014Granada has the BEST service in SLO, as well as fine quality food. We always dine here whenever we stay in SLO. We recommended Granada to all of our friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!sandyDined on 4/20/2014Visiting from Seattle. Went to Granada with my Cal Poly gal and three of her friends for Easter lunch. Wonderful! Great menu, great service. I had heard good things and it surpassed the reviews. Will definitely recommend and returnSpecial Features:
- Sophisticated yet relaxedLoulouDined on 4/11/2014When we went to visit our college son, we wanted to take him (and his friends) to a cool, sophisticated restaurant. As we were staying in the Granada (gorgeous hotel) we decided to give the Bistro a try. The food was tremendous, creative and original, and delicious. The chef is a master, who came out and greeted us during the evening. The manager also came by to say hi, the service was first class and matched the quality of the food. My husband travels the world for work. This bistro matches anything, anywhere. I would highly recommend it, and will both stay at the Granada and dine at the Bistro when I next visit San Luis Obispo.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- week day special lunch with sonStephKRDined on 3/26/2014We had sushi appetizer that popped out at us in the "we gotta try that!" yellow tail category. The coffee served in large splendidly silver carafe was perfect, I had the Caesar salad, never enough anchovy and my son raved about the chicken sandwich, mostly about the sauce. The only down side was that it took them a little while to notice we had arrived....standing around awkwardly.Special Features:
- Fabulous food. DisappointedMaryDined on 3/25/2014Fabulous food. Disappointed with wine list. I would like to see expansion of wine to add more local wines at a reasonable price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Extraordinary ServiceESC1Dined on 3/16/2014Five of us went for a special occasion. There was a large party celebrating, and the management graciously moved our party into the adjacent hotel lobby area. This was much more intimate for us and perfectly quiet and comfortable. I really appreciate the management seeing the situation and taking care of it so seamlessly. Our waiter was friendly and very knowledgeable about the various menu items. The food was delicious and well-prepared and well-presented.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So Disappointing!ccmgooseDined on 3/15/2014My second (and last) try at the Granada was for lunch with friends. The setting is great, but the food was very slow (30+ minutes with few other tables occupied) and not worth waiting for: Two orders of fish & chips were fried too hard to cut, the "cobb salad" was a small head of romain cut in half, sprinkled with a few bacon bits and a couple of shreds of onion, sitting in some gluey dressing, and the salmon requested "well done" showed up rare had to go back to the kitchen. Staff did apologize for the wait, but offered nothing to fill the time or hungry stomachs. I wish they'd go back to take Hospitality 101 again and bring this place up to its potential.
- Treasure of a restaurantEmilyDined on 2/17/2014Granda Bistro has a very special, intimate feel. Local sustainably harvested ingredients, creatively and deliciously prepared and served beautifully. Enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.