1126 Morro St.
San Luis Obispo, CA 93401Neighborhood:
San Luis Obispo
CalifornianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.granadahotelandbistro.com/
- Phone: 8055449110x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 3:00pm.
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm.
Sunday Brunch: 10:30am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Wine Bar, Californian, International
- Executive Chef: Justin Casey
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Special Events: Granada is available for private parties or social events! Whether its an office party, wedding rehearsal dinner, or just a gathering with friends, our swanky and intimate venue is the perfect place to share exceptional wine and cuisine. To book a private party or for more information please contact via email at email@example.com
A word from Granada Bistro
The heart and inspiration for Granada is the beloved and pre-existing Granada Bistro. This space has been renovated and re-imagined in industrial chic design, serving farm-to-table ingredients sourced from Central Coast farmers and purveyors. Dishes are inspired by Mediterranean culture, French and Spanish cuisine. Small plates, charcuterie and the freshest local seafood, meats, and produce are complemented by an eclectic wine list including Spanish and French selections, and a range of the Central Coast’s finest artisan wine producersContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Granada Bistro - Best Restaurants in San Luis Obispo ›
Granada Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
36 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (31)fit for foodies (25)romantic (21)special occasion (21)neighborhood gem (18)hot spot (11)good for groups (9)notable wine list (9)late-night find (6)scenic view (4)vibrant bar scene (4)great for brunch (3)great for lunch (3)kid-friendly (0)Show More
- Don't arrive hungry.OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/15/2014Food was wonderful but it took forever to get to the table, and we had arrived hungry in anticipation of a great meal. Not sure why it was an hour after our arrival that the appetizers were served, the restaurant didn't appear that busy. Service was friendly but never apologized for or explained why everything was so slow. Portions are not large, requiring lots of plates, which combined with high prices made for quite a formidable bill. Bread was great quality but cost an extra $3. Beautiful setting outdoors eased the embarrassment somewhat as we were hosting guests.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Foodie's Divine Haven9112014Dined on 9/11/2014We had a divine dining experience at Granada Bistro for my daughter's birthday! The food was excellent! The proportions were great and very tasty! The service was impeccable and the ambiance was divine! :)Special Features:
- Great dinner and romantic eveningLeroyboyDined on 9/10/2014Friendly personnel. Good food. Kitchen was a little slow. 1/2 hour wait between finishing salad and being served dinner. Romantic evening.Special Features:
- Delicious Small PlatesdebwyckDined on 9/9/2014Since this was our first dining experience at Grenada Bistro we decided to order a handful of small plates to get a feel for the place.....and we were impressed! I definitely would return and they have a very personable and informed staff working at the Bistro. Great wine list and cocktails also!Special Features:
- Excellent meal in a lovely settingMamajoDined on 9/5/2014A romantic setting at dusk with excellent food and beautiful presentation. The bouillabaisse was scrumptious and the wine choices were outstanding. Excellent service and the outdoor dining terraces are beautiful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful Lunch!eatandtalkVIPDined on 8/27/2014We met an old friend for lunch. The setting is lovely - outdoor or "almost outdoor" seating. We sat by the slide open window, fresh air but in the shade. Perfect. We ordered a couple of small plates for the table: deviled eggs (really special and spicy!) and bacon-wrapped dates stuffed with blue cheese (yum!!). The chicken cobb salad and steak salad were positively wonderful. The special salmon of the day was also good. Our friend asked to have the pureed veggie sauce on the side which they did, no problem. We'll be back!Special Features:
- Ambiance - Great! Food - MehMimiLaLaDined on 8/24/2014Beautiful setting in downtown San Luis Obispo, but it may be time for a new chef. Clams in a murky reddish broth with supermarket baguette; overdone salmon; best part of mussels were the frites. Maybe that's why there were only two tables of diners at 8 on Saturday night?Special Features:
- greens for daysslofoodieDined on 8/22/2014The burratta with spiced peaches was the best of the 4 dishes I tried. The duck confit was rich and flavorful but I found the ciabatta too thick for its topping. A thinner bread might have worked better. The greens in all the dishes (the beet salad especially) were abundant, perfectly dressed, and at the peak of freshness. And the key lime pie was both authentically key and innovatively served. Service was attentive but not fawning. My only complaint? The side of fries I added in a moment of indulgence did not pay off. They were stubby and therefore difficult to use in the terrific dipping sauce they came with. It was like they had reached the last of the batch and were left with just the shorties. I will be back to try the next 4 dishes.Special Features:
- Nice placeSLOEaterDined on 8/18/2014Nice place, friendly staff, "good" food/selection. Had to pay for bread with appetizers/"small plates"(most places it's part of table service). .Special Features:
- AWESOME!!!MonicaLDined on 8/16/2014We came here "just because"....and had a great time!!!!...Great food, great staff, and the ambiance is fantastic. Would definately come here again and again!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Maxy3964FoodloverDined on 8/8/2014Amazing food. Everything we ordered was flavorful & well put together. Service was great and ambiance was above par. We are definitely going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It looked good...ELCJRDined on 7/18/2014Unfortunately we ate inside- very noisy. The food was so-so. If you eat here, do it outside. We won't return- there are a lot of places to eat in SLO that have better food.Special Features:
- and a nifty cocktail listOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/16/2014Delicious, although we simply ordered several appetizers. Our waitress had a gift for timing: bringing the next dish when we finished the previous one. We plan in returning to explore the rest of the menu. AND it's a restaurant in a hotel.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One word...PamelaDined on 7/4/2014AWESOME! The food was great! The atmosphere was beautiful and relaxing. We loved the outside seating area because it was protected on 3 sides and not windy or chilly. The service was charming. Our waitress was so pleasant and knew just the perfect drink to recommend when asked. Try the "welcome" drink! Light and refreshing!Special Features:
- Small Plates Yummy BitesBellaunoVIPDined on 6/26/2014Thursday night with the Farmers Market in full swing was fun and entertaining. The food is delicious. We tried the Burrata bruchetta, Duck Confit, and Ceviche. All good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't wait to go backWinnDined on 6/21/2014We just had our first visit to Granada and can't wait to experience it again. The atmosphere is unlike anything else in SLO county - a great mix of old world with a modern update. The food and wine were delicious. The vibe felt as if we were in NYC, LA, Chicago or Europe. It's like a great urban bistro. Bring a sweater or jacket for the outdoor seating. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Great find2aboutUVIPDined on 6/8/2014I was in SLO with my son to register for school and with since he was occupied with his college friends I went looking for a nice dinner. I went on line and found the Granada Bistro that apparently has an attached Boutique Hotel. All I can say is the evening was a treat. From the hand rubbed and pan seared steak (I think it was achiote paste) to the wine followed by dessert, I took my time and enjoyed myself all the while being attended to as if I was a special guest. I plan on being in the area several times a year and will definitely go back to the Granada Bistro to try the scallops but also to stay at the hotel as well. Some dinners next to me said it was incredible.Special Features:
- The following 18 reviews are from the Granada Bistro reviews archive.
- Outstanding Dessert!CirqueDined on 5/17/2014We had the hamburger, steak and lamb and they all were very good but the best was the cheese cake!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very pleasant setting and good foodFoodieVIPDined on 5/16/2014We really enjoyed our table at Granada because we were close enough to the table next to us to carry on interesting conversations with 2 different couples. The food was very good too. The nettle pasta was interesting, though a little too salty. The fresh salmon was excellent.Special Features:
- Not Too ShabbyemtapsDined on 5/11/2014I wouldn't necessarily consider this a tapas bar when comparing it to something similar, like Luna Red. The restaurant had great ambiance, but is a little on the smaller side, so I was happy we reserved through OpenTable. The service was wonderful and the staff is very friendly. I asked for a recommendation for brunch between an omelet and a salad, thinking both would fill me up. My parents and boyfriend got hearty egg dishes, while my salad could have passed for a side dish at the same price! That was my only problem in our experience there. I will definitely make sure to order a sandwich or breakfast item next time around!Special Features:
- The Best in SLO!JuneBugVIPDined on 5/11/2014Granada has the BEST service in SLO, as well as fine quality food. We always dine here whenever we stay in SLO. We recommended Granada to all of our friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!sandyDined on 4/20/2014Visiting from Seattle. Went to Granada with my Cal Poly gal and three of her friends for Easter lunch. Wonderful! Great menu, great service. I had heard good things and it surpassed the reviews. Will definitely recommend and returnSpecial Features:
- Sophisticated yet relaxedLoulouDined on 4/11/2014When we went to visit our college son, we wanted to take him (and his friends) to a cool, sophisticated restaurant. As we were staying in the Granada (gorgeous hotel) we decided to give the Bistro a try. The food was tremendous, creative and original, and delicious. The chef is a master, who came out and greeted us during the evening. The manager also came by to say hi, the service was first class and matched the quality of the food. My husband travels the world for work. This bistro matches anything, anywhere. I would highly recommend it, and will both stay at the Granada and dine at the Bistro when I next visit San Luis Obispo.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- week day special lunch with sonStephKRDined on 3/26/2014We had sushi appetizer that popped out at us in the "we gotta try that!" yellow tail category. The coffee served in large splendidly silver carafe was perfect, I had the Caesar salad, never enough anchovy and my son raved about the chicken sandwich, mostly about the sauce. The only down side was that it took them a little while to notice we had arrived....standing around awkwardly.Special Features:
- Fabulous food. DisappointedMaryDined on 3/25/2014Fabulous food. Disappointed with wine list. I would like to see expansion of wine to add more local wines at a reasonable price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Extraordinary ServiceESC1Dined on 3/16/2014Five of us went for a special occasion. There was a large party celebrating, and the management graciously moved our party into the adjacent hotel lobby area. This was much more intimate for us and perfectly quiet and comfortable. I really appreciate the management seeing the situation and taking care of it so seamlessly. Our waiter was friendly and very knowledgeable about the various menu items. The food was delicious and well-prepared and well-presented.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So Disappointing!ccmgooseDined on 3/15/2014My second (and last) try at the Granada was for lunch with friends. The setting is great, but the food was very slow (30+ minutes with few other tables occupied) and not worth waiting for: Two orders of fish & chips were fried too hard to cut, the "cobb salad" was a small head of romain cut in half, sprinkled with a few bacon bits and a couple of shreds of onion, sitting in some gluey dressing, and the salmon requested "well done" showed up rare had to go back to the kitchen. Staff did apologize for the wait, but offered nothing to fill the time or hungry stomachs. I wish they'd go back to take Hospitality 101 again and bring this place up to its potential.
- Treasure of a restaurantEmilyDined on 2/17/2014Granda Bistro has a very special, intimate feel. Local sustainably harvested ingredients, creatively and deliciously prepared and served beautifully. Enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ehtangyDined on 2/15/2014Went for lunch, hadn't checked menu beforehand and didn't realize their lunch menu didn't include any type of real tapas. Just a bunch of sandwiches and overpriced appetizers. Cheese plate was decent, clams and mussels decent but portions were small and not all the clams opened. The ceviche had way too much lemon juice, that's all it tasted like. However the waiter didn't charge us for it. Good service, nice ambiance.Special Features:
- Valentine's day dinner perfectiondine2wineDined on 2/14/2014Naturally they were very busy, but because of the occasion we didn't mind the extra wait. The atmosphere was great, which made the wait painless (I'm sure it helped that I had great company). The set menu for that night was varied and everything we ordered tasted great. The service was a little awkward but I would toss this up to a hectic night. We were sat on the second floor terrace which was nice. It was a chilly night but they had ample heaters. The second floor felt lonelier than the packed first floor but it offered a quiet place to talk over dinner. Being a wino I had to look through the wine list which not only had great bottles (DRC if you are looking to spoil yourself!) but also had witty descriptions to boot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic RestaurantSloFoodieDined on 2/14/2014Granada Bistro is a very romantic restaurant because of its interior design. I was very happy about that because this was where my girlfriend and I went for valentines day dinner. However, there are much better restaurants for those who would call themselves foodies. I am happy to have tried it out, but I don't plan on going back for sometimes. This is probably a once a year place.Special Features:
- Lovely Valentine's Day DinnerTrace228Dined on 2/14/2014My husband and I enjoyed dining here on Valentine's Day. The menu was great, food delicious, and ambiance lovely. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just a great restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/28/2013Great food, great ambience, great service! We took our family there for dinner after a day visiting the area. Our table was ready on time. The outdoor dining by the fire was beautiful and everyone loved their food. The entire staff was very friendly and attentive. Would absolutely recommend this restaurant to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot for tapas and drinks.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/21/2012Great spot for tapas and drinks. I would of given it a five had it not been undergoing construction.Special Features:
- Loved the place. Nice eclecticBLScattiniDined on 2/14/2012Loved the place. Nice eclectic atmosphere. Would be a great place for appetizers and drinks with friends.Special Features: