2 Lexington Avenue
New York, NY 10010Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.gramercyparkhotel.com/roof_club.html
- Phone: 2122012171
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday-Sunday 7:00 am-11:00 am
Lunch: Monday-Friday 11:00 am-3:00 pm
Brunch: Saturday/Sunday 11:00 am-3:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Nick Anderer; Chef de Cuisine: Jeff Seizer
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Fireplace, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: Gramercy Terrace at the Gramercy Park Hotel is available for private parties and events. For more information please contact our Events Department at 212-201-21628.
A word from Gramercy Terrace
Gramercy Terrace is a striking space overlooking Manhattan, serving weekday breakfast, lunch, and weekend brunch (also available for private events). With a retractable roof seventeen stories above the city, Gramercy Terrace features a series of intimate and whimsical spaces that seamlessly blend indoor and outdoor space, with a seasonal menu of favorite American dishes with a playful spin. The newly re-imagined space is operated by Danny Meyer’s Union Square Hospitality Group, and is accessible through an elevator from the Gramercy Park Hotel lobby.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Gramercy Terrace reviews from OpenTable diners
- Great Summer Brunch SpotDrewbee06VIPDined on 8/25/2013Beautiful outdoor dining on the roof of The Gramercy Park Hotel, yummy food & cocktail list. My only complaint is that they were out of a few of their main options by our 2:45 pm reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gramercy TerraceNYCRTDined on 8/25/2013Love the restaurant, too bad its closing in a week or two. It will only open for private functionsSpecial Features:
- GPH -for drinks and ambienceVonBLDined on 8/23/2013The service was amazing, especially Sky who was our server. The view, ambience and artwork incredible. The food on the other hand would have been so much better but ever dish, my husband and mine, all came out with something burnt on the plate. The food for us was disappointing. Thought it would be better at the GPH. Cocktails on the otherhand were flawless.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food in a beautiful locationGiovanniLJPDined on 8/20/2013Beautiful location, nice decor and cured, convivial atmosphere and relaxing, beautiful views of Chrystler Building, great Food with high level serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A relaxing breakfastOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/19/2013After a long trip from Japan and a restful evening in our rooms at the GPH, it was a pleasure to go to the rooftop Terrace for breakfast. The ambiance is perfect for a nice family breakfast though everyone in our family was over 20. The food was very good. And the staff seated us at a table that allowed us to enjoy the early morning but avoid the direct sunlight that shines on some tables. It was a very enjoyable time.Special Features:
- Underwhelmed by brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/18/2013Buffet was had great pastries but nothing extraordinary. Fig pancakes were good, bagel and lox was just a $16 Bagel and Lox, omelette also was nothing special. Couldn't have a cocktail because it wasn't noon yet. Overall...meh
- Good, but FunkyDoug3llisDined on 8/18/2013After seeing the picture of Gramercy Terrace, I expected a formal experience with a lavish Sunday brunch buffet... that it is not. I could have had a better breakfast at my hotel for free, but not with quite as much ambiance. The food is fine, but very simple. Think artsy Vermont, not classy New York.Special Features:
- Successful Brunch w/ Twin ToddlersAmandaNYCDined on 8/17/2013On the recommendation of a friend, I took my twin toddlers to Gramercy Terrace for brunch and it was great. The hostess and waitress were both helpful and welcoming. We had a great time and I loved the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- semi-fancy rooftop brunchdbd2109Dined on 8/17/2013The hotel's decor is eclectic mid-century with interesting pop art choices which adds to the ambiance of the terrace. The food was great for the given view/atmosphere and prices but portion is quite small as some reviewers may have mentioned. If you want to sit and chat for awhile, go with the buffet brunch option instead. The bar looks amazing and would be ideal for a romantic lunch date. The experience is not enough to bring me back again but I'd definitely recommend to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Lunch ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 8/15/2013Had a great time at Gramercy Terrace. Even though the Chicken Andouille Sausage was taken off the menu, the rest of the menu was great. Wine selection was a joy too. Has our waitress allow me to take a picture of the bottle so I can purchase it when I return home to Atlanta, GA. Speaking of waitresses, Skyy was a gem, she knew the menu, helped us to make our selections by providing recommendations, and was very attentive. She added to our wonderful dining experience. The ambiance and decor both added a warm feeling, we felt so apiece and it really went well with our light lunch. Overall, it was superb!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A must seeOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/15/2013A real find, I felt like I was dining in someone's living. Ate here for restaurant week food was great, excellent service, can't wait to go back for drinks or for brunch.Special Features:
- Wonderful birthday brunchCityslickerDined on 8/14/2013Brought my best friend for a surprise brunch and it was beautiful! We loved being on the terrace with the New York City skyline behind us! Great experience, the staff was quite pleasant and the food was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An Unexpected FindOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/13/2013My lunch companion and I usually go to well-known (but attitude-laden) places during Restaurant Week. The Gramercy Terrace turned out to be a wonderful surprise. The menu was varied and interesting. The chilled corn soup was well-spiced. The generous portion of grilled fish came on a bed of delicious squash and tomatoes. The berry shortcake dessert, a mash of berries, small slices of pound cake and some whipped cream, was fine, but unexciting. Our server was friendly, helpful and patient (no attitude here). Though the day was cloudy, the restaurant seemed sunny. We explored the venue after lunch and discovered an art gallery and a huge ceiling fixture made entirely of light bulbs. This is a place to which I can't wait to return.Special Features:
- BrunchSB4diningVIPDined on 8/11/2013We had brunch on Sunday. Since we are not from NY we did not know that you cannot have a mimosa or Bloody Mary until after 12:00. Not that it was a show stopper, but we were looking forward to sitting and enjoying a brunch cocktail on such an amazing terrace! The menu we felt was pretty limited but what we ordered was good. Eggs benedict or omelets would have been a nice addition to the menu. I bet the terrace is awesome at night - lighting looked pretty amazing!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great locationPpl70Dined on 8/11/2013We went there for breakfast. Very nice location and a high level service. Food was very good but we had higher expectations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was nearly as goodWAK2013VIPDined on 8/9/2013The food was nearly as good as the oasis-like atmosphere of the rooftop atrium. The red snapper with its melange of veggies was cooked perfectly. The chocolate cheesecake was light enough not to induce a 30 minute "quick walk" to rid the extra calories. Now if only the 2 Russian 20'something model wannabies would have taken a breath or two from their yakkathon, I would have experienced near bliss.Special Features:
- Went here for Restaurant WeekjsalVIPDined on 8/5/2013Went here for Restaurant Week lunch. I had the chilled corn soup, roasted snapper and berry shortcake. Everything was excellent. Service was attentive and friendly and the place was beautiful. It's a hidden gem I wish I had found sooner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cute smart placeFloreVIPDined on 8/4/2013The outdoor terrace is very nice really well designed and decorated. The atmosphere is very peaceful and cozy. However the menu is a little bit poor for a Brunch and finding the classics would make this place amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- go for the ambianceannjDined on 8/3/2013It's a beautiful place for brunch on a sunny day. I recommend it for the ambiance. The food is fine but you can find similar quality for a cheaper price at other places in nyc. You are paying for the ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thank youAndyDined on 8/3/2013This was my wife's breakfast brunch and I asked the restaurant for help in making this a special visit. My wife was treated fantastically! Buck's Fizz on arrival, many of the team wishing her happy birthday, as well as a treat from the chef! Fantastic service, a great setting and lovely brunch! Thank you Gramercy Terrace, we will be back next time we are in NYC, you ensured my wife had a great start to her special day!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely garden diningDisappointedDined on 7/31/2013We enjoyed the ambience of the garden. The food was excellent and imaginative and the service was wonderful. The only reason we didn't give it an excellent for ambience is that you would not want to have lunch on a very hot day because you are totally outside on the 18th floor. On a pleasant day , it is really charming.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's a beautiful spot withMoonsammyDined on 7/28/2013It's a beautiful spot with above average breakfast food. Staf were very friendly and quite accommodating to our 2-year-old.Special Features:
- The soup and main dishes areCococatNYCVIPDined on 7/26/2013The soup and main dishes are good! However, we are disappointed of the desserts.Special Features:
- Restaurant Week at Gramercy TerraceJAVIPEDined on 7/24/2013I had the Summer 2013 Restaurant Lunch Week Menu. For starters, the Chilled Corn Soup was quite tasty: creamy and with a touch of sweetness. The Red Snapper was just okay; the fish was a bit dry, and the varied layers of flavor on the dish didn't really marry very well with each other. The Chocolate Cheesecake dessert more than made up for the second course. The Gramercy Park Hotel location and 18th Floor position of this establishment is a unsung find in the neighborhood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely LunchnycfoodEDined on 7/24/2013Came here for a restaurant week lunch and was very pleased. It's not on the all-star list of NYC restaurants but a great spot to have lunch outside and in a beautiful rooftop setting. Get the chilled corn soup!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a special placeFoodloverDined on 7/22/2013The terrace is something very special, the place is wonderful....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FunLunchRobertDined on 7/22/2013The service was excellent and the food was very good. This is a good example of a fine Danny Meyer establishment.Special Features:
- Not bad, but...OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/20/2013Considering that Maialino's downstairs, which is owned by the same management, delivers consistently superlative results each and every time, we had high expectations for Gramercy Terrace. While the overall experience wasn't bad, the food and service both fell short of our expectations.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hard to find, but once weOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/16/2013Hard to find, but once we did, it was a great experience. Came for breakfast and the fresh orange juice was awesome. The fruit was fresh and the service was attentive. Overall it was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Went with a group of 20 andCBNgVIPDined on 7/13/2013Went with a group of 20 and Gramercy Terrace was so accommodating! They split us up into three tables, service was great, and food was delicious. The terrace is a lovely place to spend time in, and we really enjoyed all the odds and ends scattered around the hotel. Would happily go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rooftop GreenhousOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/8/2013Beautiful space. Friendly servers. Quiet. Original artSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hot but goodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/7/2013Staff was awesome, but given we went on the hottest day of the summer, the terrace was really hot. Restaurant should consider putting in additional fans..Special Features:
- Cutest little place everOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/3/2013I always enjoy myself when I go here. The drinks are fabulous and the food is always amazing. The service is usually exceptional. On this trip I think my waitress was distracted. She was often hard to find which made our lunch longer than expected but overall it was still a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very goodJanedDined on 6/29/2013We went there for a saturday breakfast and tried the buffet : Very good, lot of options! The place is great and quiet and we had a great time with friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Weekend BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/29/2013This restaurant is great for out-of-town guest and first dates. I have a new favorite brunch spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Buffet & Egg BiscuitOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 6/28/2013Best Egg Biscuit sandwich I've ever had. All their baked goods are done in house so they are fresh and very well done.Special Features:
- Beautiful setting, perfectsplitVIPDined on 6/23/2013Beautiful setting, perfect for an early morning Sunday brunch... the brunch menu is limited but pretty good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding lunch & serviceBrooklynFDLDined on 6/18/2013I took my Father here for lunch to celebrate Father's Day and we thoroughly enjoyed our meal and the service at Gramercy Terrace. Tyler, the GM, was exceptionally personable and welcoming. The red snapper and bison burger were to die for and the hand cut rustic style steak fries are worth going back for alone! Thank you for an awesome lunch, Gramercy Terrace! I will be back again soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An average brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 6/17/2013The waiter gave us the menu, we ordered and then after leaving for 10 minutes, he came back and told us that 3 of the dishes we ordered were no longer on the menu!!!Special Features:
- What a great little find in NYC!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/16/2013We visited this place at my friends suggestion (she lives in NYC) for a Father's Day breakfast. While the menu is somewhat limited, the food was fantastic and service even better! The ambiance was equally great (even though we had a forecast of rain that morning so the overhead glass "ceiling" was closed) and the terrace offers great view of the surrounding Manhattan (and the Empire State building). What a great little gem in NYC. I cannot wait to be back another time when it's all open and perhaps stay at the Gramercy Hotel (the terrace is the top floor of the hotel). Three thumbs up!Special Features: