2685 Arbutus Street
Vancouver, BC V6J 3Y4Neighborhood:
NorthwestPrice: CAN$30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.gramercygrill.ca/
- Phone: 6047305666
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm; Brunch: Saturday: 11:00am - 3:00pm, Sunday: 10:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, Northwest, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Dennis Huang
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Any size group can be accommodated.
- Cross Street: 11th Avenue
- Public Transit: Public transit stops within one and a half block - if you are staying in downtown Vancouver you would take the number 18 (The Arbutus bus) and get off at Broadway and Arbutus and walk south one and a half block - we are located at the corner of 11th and Arbutus.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: You will find access to the underground pay parking lot at the rear of the building or you may prefer to park right out front as there is ample street parking in the area.
A word from Gramercy Grill
The Gramercy Grill is a neighborhood bistro with a downtown feel. We choose to offer locally sourced, grass fed & wild products on our menus when every possible. Our commitment to you our guest is to provide a memorable meal in a comfortable room - served with a sense of humor and the skill to make it all seem effortless. Feel free to arrive early for your reservation to enjoy your favourite cocktail at our lively bar before going to your table. If it's not raining you may wish to dine on our sunny patio!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Gramercy Grill - Best Restaurants in Kitsilano ›
Gramercy Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
34 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (27)great for brunch (16)fit for foodies (15)great for lunch (15)great for outdoor dining (12)special occasion (7)kid-friendly (6)good for groups (6)romantic (4)notable wine list (4)vibrant bar scene (2)scenic view (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- Nearby to Kitsilano and KerrisdaleBeeperDined on 10/19/2014If you eat meat, the menu selection has lots of choices. For fish, the special was halibut. We wanted fish abd three of us were surprised at how small a serving Gramercy prepares. One person ordered the steak, and even with choosing the 8 oz., the portion seemed huge. Great staff. Listens carefully to special requests. Will try it again for brunch or lunch.Special Features:
- THANKSGIVINGOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/12/2014Good food, good service- Thanks...................................................Special Features:
- Fabulous!godlliVIPDined on 10/5/2014Try the Duck Confit Eggs Benedict!! The hollandaise was real! Delicious!Special Features:
- disappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/25/2014For years I found it had reliable food with decent prices and friendly service. I went recently, after some months of not being there, and I was hugely underwhelmed and disappointed in all ways. Our two servers were new and knew next to nothing about the menu items. There were no specials but a very limited menu printed on standard 8.5 x 11 white paper which had been folded and reused so often it was not a good start. The six mains are expensive, big items (ribeye, halibut, duck) but small portions, sides extra. The room is the same as always: tables are more café style, not fine dining, not even tablecloths, which is okay for a casual friendly affordable neighborhood meal, which they seem to have moved away from, unfortunately.
- Great ServicekaybeeDined on 9/20/2014The ladies and gentlemen who work at Gramercy are a great bunch of people! Good humor, attentive and wonderfully helpful!Special Features:
- First time viist but will be backPlimagesDined on 9/19/2014Like the local food selections and the variety for most tastes. Our party of three started with Scallops on a tasty bean succotash which we shared. The scallops were large and lightly crusted. The succotash texture and taste were a nice complement. The three of us chose the lamb, the halibut feature, and the burger. High quality and fine flavours. The local wines seem to be carefully selected to complement the menu. The servers were attentive and knowledgeable. This was our first visit but we will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great neighbourhood spotMalcolmDined on 9/19/2014Gramercy is unpretentions, but consistently delivers delicious food with a smile. Go there!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good find in KitsilanovsbyVIPDined on 9/6/2014It was good dining experience. Their seafood dishes seem to be better bets. We will come back again if we are in the neighborhood.Special Features:
- birthday dinnermarthaDined on 9/5/2014Initially slow service; no wine list offered. We were seated , but left to wait with no water or menus for quite a long time. My companion ordered the seafood special of the day, which was quite delicious. He started with one of the daily soups; also excellent. We needed to ASK to see the wine list; and ended up ordering a bottle of very good BC Shiraz! I was more pedestrian in my dinner order. I had a wild mushroom pasta dish with an unusual name. I was very impressed by the flavours in the mushroom cream sauce. I also ordderd a side dish of macaroni and (Blue) cheese. It was too carbo heavy, so took home a large portion of each dish(in eco friendly cartons!), to leave room for dessert! Overall, pleasant surpriseSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quaint Neighbourhood GemGirlsOutForLunchDined on 8/27/2014This is a favorite place for 'the girls' at work to go for lunch. The food is always good, there's a good variety on the menu to suit all of us and it's always consistent. I consider it a real treat to go here for lunch. The service is very friendly and the atmosphere is very bright.Special Features:
- Great Late Evening DinnerHungryEatsVIPDined on 8/25/2014I happened to have dinner on their Monday pasta night; very tasty (wished there was more broccoli in the dish) and they offered up a wine that was being tested before going into the store - Screw It. Definitely will come back.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/22/2014Great spot, good food & service & best of all lots of menu choices!Special Features:
- Loooong waitEllymcDined on 8/16/2014One server for the patio, busy. Took a long time just to give orders for drinks, and then those long waits continued. One of the entree orders arrived when the rest of us had almost finished eating. We possibly would have had second drinks, as well as dessert, but everything took too long. Will not return.
- LovelyAnneDined on 7/29/2014My guest and I had a good time. The service was prompt and friendly. The salads were delicious. The coffee is very, very good too!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/11/2014Always a great experience. Imaginative menu, well presented. Great spot for a drink later in the evening.Special Features:
- Great People-Great FoodGrammi2008Dined on 7/9/2014A beautiful but relaxing atmosphere with old fashion service and excellent food. Perfect place to meet for a business lunch - where you are made feel at home and comfortable. Love Love Love the friendly and personable service. I will keep going back!Special Features:
- The following 464 reviews are from the Gramercy Grill reviews archive.
- TerrificHowardDined on 6/15/2014Food was delicious, as always. Just a great spot for enjoying a great meal or celebrating a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Father's Day dining venueOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/15/2014I took my husband and son for the first time to Gramercy Grill on Father's Day and they did not disappoint. I was worried about this because a previous Father's Day meal out was ruined by the restaurant due to very poor service. Gramercy Grill on the other hand had very friendly service and our food arrived quickly. The food was also very delicious. The oysters on the half shell was fresh and the burrata & prosciutto antipasto with their very flavourful garlic bread reminded us of the food in Italy. The main courses were very tasty. My husband's Seafood Bowl was full of meat and my duck breast was very tender. My son's steak was made exactly the way he wanted - medium rare. We will definitely go back to try their other dishes + wineSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighbourhood gemDeliciousVIPDined on 5/19/2014Always great food and service. Wonderful deals-- pasta night excellent and cheap!!Special Features:
- meh.bornandraisedinvanDined on 5/11/2014For such an expensive place with a very small menu, the female owner was hostessing and she was super rude and snappy. I had to ask the guy behind the bar if she was OK. turns out, they both own the place. He seemed to be in a great mood, she was definitely not. I didn't feel like they were very accommodating for my mother's request to sit in the sun on the patio, even though it was hardly half full when we got there, and there were plenty of seat options in the sunshine. The server was very sweet. I don't recommend having a caesar there. It wasn't very good at all. Other than that, the rest of the staff was super nice and pleasant. I think my mother enjoyed her breakfast, so that's good.Special Features:
- I concur with "neighbourhood gem"AnneDined on 5/10/2014Overall a delightful place. The staff is very, very friendly and they manage to create an atmosphere where one can go casual or dressy and feel comfortable. In my opinion, quite the feat. I noted "good" for the service and that isn't entirely fair. Overall it is on the somewhat slow side. That is great during the meal because it has always given us ample time to chat and enjoy each other's company. However, not so good when it comes too getting that first beverage (soft or hard) to the table. Similarly the initial contact. It's a very small complaint so my "good" is leaning heavily to "very good". Don't let that stop you from going. Go! The food is always delicious, the bar is well stocked and the staff is a lot of fun!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeElaineVIPDined on 5/2/2014This is a great neighbourhood restaurant. The food is always good. It's very welcome and cozy! Love it! Great martinis.Special Features:
- 3 generation treatcissyDined on 4/26/2014All five of us had a wonderful time, especially good for the 2 granddaughters. We each had a different main course & shared them around. The blackened steelhead and the tempura appetizer (along with the extra special scalloped potatoes) were the hits of the night. Our waiter was very attentive and made us feel comfortable. The evening turned out to be a spur-of-the-moment success at our favourite neighbourhood eatery.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good but not greatcissyDined on 4/5/2014We enjoyed our meals, but the vegs were only warm, Coffee also only warm. Wish I could give a better endorsement.Special Features:
- Good food good timeFood4thoughtVIPDined on 3/22/2014Keep going back always some thing different and enjoyable from the appetizer to the desert you must try the lemon tart it's the bestSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Real neighbourhood gemOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 3/21/2014We love the buzz in the restaurant as diners enjoy good conversations, food + wine. We have come occasionally and every time we do, we remark, why don't we come more often as we always enjoy the ever changing menu, the friendly staff and ambience. LOVE the mushroom tart appetizer (which is off the menu now but you can still ask for it) and the halibut entrée was excellent - very tasty and perfectly cooked. There are also some interesting side dishes and we especially enjoyed the quinoa.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was good and theSaturdaynightDined on 3/8/2014The food was good and the staff other than our server was attentive. The server however had a negative demeanour and attitude and we felt like we were bothering her. Not very welcoming.Special Features:
- Neighbourhood gemDeliciousVIPDined on 3/8/2014We enjoyed the pairing menu. Interesting,tasty food and wines. Attentive serverSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Warm and friendlyValndineDined on 2/21/2014The food always tastes good and is served in a family friendly and caring way. I would recommend the Gramercy Grill (with confidence) to anyone.Special Features:
- Good solid food, but...BeensDined on 2/21/2014Overall, reliable restaurant for a solid meal - not fancy, good honest food. Service is good. Food quality could improve. The menu change, starches added separatel = great idea! The entree portions were quite large, we couldn't finish our plates, even with no starches. The veggies served with strip loan were cooked perfectly, tasty, fresh and yummy! The strip loin was grizzly, fatty, thin, but cooked properly as ordered: rare. However when served, it was not hot, this was communicated but not fixed and no offer to warm up - or anything?? The linguine entree was massive - too big. The seared duck breast was delicious - however, a bit too raw. We had coffees - very good, Dessert menu was enticing, but we had had more than enough to eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We came here due to a recommendatioOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/16/2014We came here due to a recommendation from a friend for brunch. The eggs benny were good, but the salad dressing was quite oily. The food also took quite a while to come, the server was explaining to another table that there were only 2 chefs and it was busy. Overall, food was good but would I go out of my way to go there to eat as we did this time, no. As well, there are no booster seats for kids but the server was nice enough to bring a cushion for my daughter, which I did appreciate.
- Really pleasant evening.HelenDined on 2/15/2014Five of us met for a family dinner after a tough family death. The warmth and style of Gramercy Crill was a a comfortable backdrop to our meal. Everyone found preferred drinks and menu items and eventually we all felt better after dessert. The waiter was pleasant and informative and his service was excellent. The only wait we had was for the bill and the restaurant had filled up and was busy.Special Features:
- repeat clientcml9Dined on 2/14/2014Once again, Gramercy Grill was up to their excellent rating. We always enjoy dining there. The staff, food, facilities are all excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Such an easy place to chooseFood4thoughtDined on 2/14/2014The service is friendly but professional, the food always tastes great. We had the sable fish - cooked to perfection over a tasty quinoa mix. Every time I arrive - I wonder why I am not here weekly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A very pleasant evening, as usualcrypticloverDined on 2/8/2014Four of us went for dinner on a Saturday night and were surprised there were so few patrons - realized likely because it was a long weekend, the Olympics were on and it was close to Valentine's Day. Everything we ordered was good - 2 prime rib, one fish dish and a Cornish game hen dinner. I have been on other occasions when I would have said the food was excellent, but this evening it was only good..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- For a restaurant on a busyOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/2/2014For a restaurant on a busy street (Arbutus) & no view, quite intimate atmosphere. Nice bar w/TV for those who want to watch sports. But, not noisy in the restaurant - very nice. Food & service were fabulous! We will go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- menu item prime rib with poachedrookyDined on 2/2/2014menu item prime rib with poached eggs was in fact a potato stir with some meat cubes-very misleading not worth the cost at all
- Good experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/31/2014Went during dine out. Was kind of disappointed that they were not serving their a la carte menu at the same time. However, the food, portions, and ambience made up for it.Special Features:
- Fabulous foodReasonableDined on 1/30/2014My Dine Out meal was wonderful. The iceberg lettuce starter was incredibly tasty. I had the ribs with bluecheese and BBQ mac and cheese that was scrumptious even though I'm not a blue cheese fan. The lemon tart dessert was tart, intensely lemony and delicious. It was very noisy which made it difficult for our group of six to hold single conversations. The staff seemed overly busy, but friendly. I will definitely return, but not when it's full to capacity.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dine out dinner with MomBellaDined on 1/30/2014Checked out this local restaurant during Dine Out and will certainly be going back. The food was delicious. I had the baby back ribs with blue cheese macaroni and it was delicious. Service was fantastic, our server even brought me a bit more macaroni when she noticed the difference in serving sizes to those around us! Something she didn't need to do but her attention to detail and desire to make sure her customers were happy was refreshing and appreciated. Gramercy thanks for raising the bar of local Kits area restaurants you have won a loyal customer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.