2685 Arbutus Street
Vancouver, BC V6J 3Y4Neighborhood:
NorthwestPrice: CAN$30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.gramercygrill.ca/
- Phone: 6047305666
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm; Brunch: Saturday: 11:00am - 3:00pm, Sunday: 10:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, Northwest, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Dennis Huang
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Any size group can be accommodated.
- Cross Street: 11th Avenue
- Public Transit: Public transit stops within one and a half block - if you are staying in downtown Vancouver you would take the number 18 (The Arbutus bus) and get off at Broadway and Arbutus and walk south one and a half block - we are located at the corner of 11th and Arbutus.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: You will find access to the underground pay parking lot at the rear of the building or you may prefer to park right out front as there is ample street parking in the area.
A word from Gramercy Grill
The Gramercy Grill is a neighborhood bistro with a downtown feel. We choose to offer locally sourced, grass fed & wild products on our menus when every possible. Our commitment to you our guest is to provide a memorable meal in a comfortable room - served with a sense of humor and the skill to make it all seem effortless. Feel free to arrive early for your reservation to enjoy your favourite cocktail at our lively bar before going to your table. If it's not raining you may wish to dine on our sunny patio!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNorthwest
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Gramercy Grill - Best Restaurants in Kitsilano ›
Gramercy Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
35 reviews since May 3, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (27)great for brunch (20)great for outdoor dining (18)fit for foodies (16)great for lunch (15)special occasion (13)good for groups (11)kid-friendly (10)romantic (9)notable wine list (6)hot spot (2)vibrant bar scene (2)late-night find (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Quaint Neighbourhood GemOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/27/2014This is a favorite place for 'the girls' at work to go for lunch. The food is always good, there's a good variety on the menu to suit all of us and it's always consistent. I consider it a real treat to go here for lunch. The service is very friendly and the atmosphere is very bright.Special Features:
- Great Late Evening DinnerHungryEatsDined on 8/25/2014I happened to have dinner on their Monday pasta night; very tasty (wished there was more broccoli in the dish) and they offered up a wine that was being tested before going into the store - Screw It. Definitely will come back.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/22/2014Great spot, good food & service & best of all lots of menu choices!Special Features:
- Loooong waitEllymcDined on 8/16/2014One server for the patio, busy. Took a long time just to give orders for drinks, and then those long waits continued. One of the entree orders arrived when the rest of us had almost finished eating. We possibly would have had second drinks, as well as dessert, but everything took too long. Will not return.
- LovelyAnneDined on 7/29/2014My guest and I had a good time. The service was prompt and friendly. The salads were delicious. The coffee is very, very good too!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/11/2014Always a great experience. Imaginative menu, well presented. Great spot for a drink later in the evening.Special Features:
- Great People-Great FoodGrammi2008Dined on 7/9/2014A beautiful but relaxing atmosphere with old fashion service and excellent food. Perfect place to meet for a business lunch - where you are made feel at home and comfortable. Love Love Love the friendly and personable service. I will keep going back!Special Features:
- TerrificHowardDined on 6/15/2014Food was delicious, as always. Just a great spot for enjoying a great meal or celebrating a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Father's Day dining venueOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/15/2014I took my husband and son for the first time to Gramercy Grill on Father's Day and they did not disappoint. I was worried about this because a previous Father's Day meal out was ruined by the restaurant due to very poor service. Gramercy Grill on the other hand had very friendly service and our food arrived quickly. The food was also very delicious. The oysters on the half shell was fresh and the burrata & prosciutto antipasto with their very flavourful garlic bread reminded us of the food in Italy. The main courses were very tasty. My husband's Seafood Bowl was full of meat and my duck breast was very tender. My son's steak was made exactly the way he wanted - medium rare. We will definitely go back to try their other dishes + wineSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighbourhood gemDeliciousVIPDined on 5/19/2014Always great food and service. Wonderful deals-- pasta night excellent and cheap!!Special Features:
- meh.bornandraisedinvanDined on 5/11/2014For such an expensive place with a very small menu, the female owner was hostessing and she was super rude and snappy. I had to ask the guy behind the bar if she was OK. turns out, they both own the place. He seemed to be in a great mood, she was definitely not. I didn't feel like they were very accommodating for my mother's request to sit in the sun on the patio, even though it was hardly half full when we got there, and there were plenty of seat options in the sunshine. The server was very sweet. I don't recommend having a caesar there. It wasn't very good at all. Other than that, the rest of the staff was super nice and pleasant. I think my mother enjoyed her breakfast, so that's good.Special Features:
- I concur with "neighbourhood gem"AnneDined on 5/10/2014Overall a delightful place. The staff is very, very friendly and they manage to create an atmosphere where one can go casual or dressy and feel comfortable. In my opinion, quite the feat. I noted "good" for the service and that isn't entirely fair. Overall it is on the somewhat slow side. That is great during the meal because it has always given us ample time to chat and enjoy each other's company. However, not so good when it comes too getting that first beverage (soft or hard) to the table. Similarly the initial contact. It's a very small complaint so my "good" is leaning heavily to "very good". Don't let that stop you from going. Go! The food is always delicious, the bar is well stocked and the staff is a lot of fun!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeElaineVIPDined on 5/2/2014This is a great neighbourhood restaurant. The food is always good. It's very welcome and cozy! Love it! Great martinis.Special Features:
- The following 458 reviews are from the Gramercy Grill reviews archive.
- 3 generation treatcissyDined on 4/26/2014All five of us had a wonderful time, especially good for the 2 granddaughters. We each had a different main course & shared them around. The blackened steelhead and the tempura appetizer (along with the extra special scalloped potatoes) were the hits of the night. Our waiter was very attentive and made us feel comfortable. The evening turned out to be a spur-of-the-moment success at our favourite neighbourhood eatery.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good but not greatcissyDined on 4/5/2014We enjoyed our meals, but the vegs were only warm, Coffee also only warm. Wish I could give a better endorsement.Special Features:
- Good food good timeFood4thoughtVIPDined on 3/22/2014Keep going back always some thing different and enjoyable from the appetizer to the desert you must try the lemon tart it's the bestSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Real neighbourhood gemOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 3/21/2014We love the buzz in the restaurant as diners enjoy good conversations, food + wine. We have come occasionally and every time we do, we remark, why don't we come more often as we always enjoy the ever changing menu, the friendly staff and ambience. LOVE the mushroom tart appetizer (which is off the menu now but you can still ask for it) and the halibut entrée was excellent - very tasty and perfectly cooked. There are also some interesting side dishes and we especially enjoyed the quinoa.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was good and theSaturdaynightDined on 3/8/2014The food was good and the staff other than our server was attentive. The server however had a negative demeanour and attitude and we felt like we were bothering her. Not very welcoming.Special Features:
- Neighbourhood gemDeliciousVIPDined on 3/8/2014We enjoyed the pairing menu. Interesting,tasty food and wines. Attentive serverSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Warm and friendlyValndineDined on 2/21/2014The food always tastes good and is served in a family friendly and caring way. I would recommend the Gramercy Grill (with confidence) to anyone.Special Features:
- Good solid food, but...BeensDined on 2/21/2014Overall, reliable restaurant for a solid meal - not fancy, good honest food. Service is good. Food quality could improve. The menu change, starches added separatel = great idea! The entree portions were quite large, we couldn't finish our plates, even with no starches. The veggies served with strip loan were cooked perfectly, tasty, fresh and yummy! The strip loin was grizzly, fatty, thin, but cooked properly as ordered: rare. However when served, it was not hot, this was communicated but not fixed and no offer to warm up - or anything?? The linguine entree was massive - too big. The seared duck breast was delicious - however, a bit too raw. We had coffees - very good, Dessert menu was enticing, but we had had more than enough to eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We came here due to a recommendatioOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/16/2014We came here due to a recommendation from a friend for brunch. The eggs benny were good, but the salad dressing was quite oily. The food also took quite a while to come, the server was explaining to another table that there were only 2 chefs and it was busy. Overall, food was good but would I go out of my way to go there to eat as we did this time, no. As well, there are no booster seats for kids but the server was nice enough to bring a cushion for my daughter, which I did appreciate.
- Really pleasant evening.HelenDined on 2/15/2014Five of us met for a family dinner after a tough family death. The warmth and style of Gramercy Crill was a a comfortable backdrop to our meal. Everyone found preferred drinks and menu items and eventually we all felt better after dessert. The waiter was pleasant and informative and his service was excellent. The only wait we had was for the bill and the restaurant had filled up and was busy.Special Features:
- repeat clientcml9Dined on 2/14/2014Once again, Gramercy Grill was up to their excellent rating. We always enjoy dining there. The staff, food, facilities are all excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Such an easy place to chooseFood4thoughtDined on 2/14/2014The service is friendly but professional, the food always tastes great. We had the sable fish - cooked to perfection over a tasty quinoa mix. Every time I arrive - I wonder why I am not here weekly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A very pleasant evening, as usualcrypticloverDined on 2/8/2014Four of us went for dinner on a Saturday night and were surprised there were so few patrons - realized likely because it was a long weekend, the Olympics were on and it was close to Valentine's Day. Everything we ordered was good - 2 prime rib, one fish dish and a Cornish game hen dinner. I have been on other occasions when I would have said the food was excellent, but this evening it was only good..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- For a restaurant on a busyOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/2/2014For a restaurant on a busy street (Arbutus) & no view, quite intimate atmosphere. Nice bar w/TV for those who want to watch sports. But, not noisy in the restaurant - very nice. Food & service were fabulous! We will go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- menu item prime rib with poachedrookyDined on 2/2/2014menu item prime rib with poached eggs was in fact a potato stir with some meat cubes-very misleading not worth the cost at all
- Good experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/31/2014Went during dine out. Was kind of disappointed that they were not serving their a la carte menu at the same time. However, the food, portions, and ambience made up for it.Special Features:
- Fabulous foodReasonableDined on 1/30/2014My Dine Out meal was wonderful. The iceberg lettuce starter was incredibly tasty. I had the ribs with bluecheese and BBQ mac and cheese that was scrumptious even though I'm not a blue cheese fan. The lemon tart dessert was tart, intensely lemony and delicious. It was very noisy which made it difficult for our group of six to hold single conversations. The staff seemed overly busy, but friendly. I will definitely return, but not when it's full to capacity.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dine out dinner with MomBellaDined on 1/30/2014Checked out this local restaurant during Dine Out and will certainly be going back. The food was delicious. I had the baby back ribs with blue cheese macaroni and it was delicious. Service was fantastic, our server even brought me a bit more macaroni when she noticed the difference in serving sizes to those around us! Something she didn't need to do but her attention to detail and desire to make sure her customers were happy was refreshing and appreciated. Gramercy thanks for raising the bar of local Kits area restaurants you have won a loyal customer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dine Out Vancouver LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/30/2014We had the dine out lunch menu which was priced just right. The food was ok but the service was outstanding. I had a wonderful cream of mushroom soup followed by vegetarian curry. It was a bit dry but ok. This was followed by a slice of pecan pie. ..........quite dry again but eatable. I cook professionally so I know what food should taste like. The value was good for what we got. I would go back in a heartbeat if I lived in the neighbourhood. It is elegant, quiet and we were looked after beautifully by the wait staff.I would recommend this to a friend.
- only oyster is gooddlneoutDined on 1/29/2014The restaurant is pretty small and tight. I went there on dine out event. The appetizer raw oyster is good but the rest is pretty bad. The look of the dishes doesn't show fancyness, the taste feels the same as a fast food restaurant.
- Dine Out vancouverGrannyRoseDined on 1/26/2014I took advantage of both the lunch and dinner special 3-course meals for Dine-Out Vancouver. Both were excellent and my guets were very pleased to discover this neighbourhood restaurant.Special Features:
- Dine Out 2014HaalassDined on 1/26/2014A friend and I decided to try Gramercy Grill out during Dine Out Vancouver and really had a good meal. I found there was a great variety and everything we had was excellent. I had the Beef Carpaccio, Duck and Tiramisu. All were great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent discoveryCnarnyDined on 1/25/2014The restaurant was very busy. We had reservations and were seated within a very short time. From the moment we were seated the service began with a friendly and professional air and continued throughout the evening in what I believed to be a very timely manner. The atmosphere was jovial and if loud, at least merry. The menu was extensive and varied so that anyone could order and enjoy some type of meal. The items themselves were very well presented and delicious. I would highly recommend everyone to come and try to disprove me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very pleased with the selectionCDNNDined on 1/25/2014Very pleased with the selection Gramercy offered for dine out; the four of us all had something different! I didn't choose the wine but was more than pleased with what was served! I'd recommend this spot to friends and family! I'd like to try the brunch menu!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- They seated us right awayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/25/2014They seated us right away but after that the service was pretty slow and it wasn't even that busy. As for the food, I had the curry and the rice was hard and crispy... The waiters were friendly at least, but overall it was too expensive for the experience that I had. Will not be going back.Special Features:
- Dine out Gem!FaceholeDined on 1/24/2014Was excited about our booking because of the fantastic dine out options and was looking forward to the experience and great food. On top of it meeting all my expectations - they hadn't favourite wine from the Niramata winery La Frenz which is sold out for purchase right now! Great time and will plan to come back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but not great.YummyVIPDined on 1/24/2014Dine Out. Salad was good but very ordinary. Mussels very good especially the broth (not too salty so completely drinkable). Schnitzel good but beans were way too al dente and the potatoes appeared to have been cooked the day before and just reheated prior to serving. Definitely no good. Duck was okay -- the skin could have/should have been crisp. Lemon tart was very nice. Tiramisu was very good too -- nice and moist, but was served in a blob. Looked like someone scooped it into the bowl like you were going through a cafeteria line up. I know they were busy because it was Dine Out. But that should be a time when a restaurant should really shine to show off their stuff. Gramercy Grill was good. But certainly not great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.