87 Marshall Street
North Adams, MA 01247Neighborhood:
Contemporary FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.gramercybistro.com/
- Phone: (413) 663-5300
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Wednesday-Monday 5pm-9pm (Friday and Saturday 5pm-10pm)
Lunch: Wednesday-Saturday 12pm-2pm (Late May-Late October)
Sunday Brunch: 11am-2pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary French
- Executive Chef: Alexander Smith
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Chef Alexander Smith takes his restaurant philosophy out of the kitchen. we are flexible and offer a wide range of menus, price points, and service styles. from drop off events to full service event planning, Gramercy Bistro is committed to fine food.
A word from Gramercy Bistro
Chef Alexander Smith is always committed to using the finest and freshest ingredients around. supporting independent farms, locally and abroad, since opening in 2001. we buy organic, farm raised food and are proud members of Berkshire Grown.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Gramercy Bistro - Best Restaurants in North Adams ›
Gramercy Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
60 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelQuiet
fit for foodies (37)special occasion (24)neighborhood gem (24)romantic (19)great for brunch (9)good for groups (9)notable wine list (6)great for outdoor dining (6)great for lunch (3)late-night find (2)kid-friendly (1)hot spot (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Out of Town BrunchcaseygDined on 11/9/2014We were in town for a 5K and decided to stop by MASSMoCa. Gramercy Bistro had great brunch options and the only place in the area open on Sunday with bloody marys. The eggs benedict was delicious and light, but my friends highly recommend the Classic Croque Madame and the Breakfast Tart. Coffee was great too. Overall good vibe for Sunday morning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We're regulars and love italbert14151Dined on 11/1/2014The food is always predictably excellent, well prepared and presented. Staff is quiet and polite and doesn't intrude on conversation or consumption (yum).Special Features:
- quite simply - perfectSusanDined on 10/25/2014Booked reservation for our family dinner for Family Weekend at Williams. Only about 15 minutes from campus. We were a little early and maitre d' accommodated us very nicely and we were seated within 5 minutes. The service was outstanding, truly. The food was absolutely delicious and the portions perfect. I was really looking for a special night for our family and a special real treat for our freshman - our dinner at Gramercy was everything I hoped it would be. We will be back for sure, and I totally recommend this to other families visiting the Williams College area. We'll be back again (many times) and will make sure to come when Mass MoCA is open - it looks fantastic. Thanks for helping to make special memories.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb Dining in the BerkshiresGalway77Dined on 10/22/2014What a great place to dine! Everyone in our party of 4 just loved the food: steak avec frites (steak perfectly cooked) paella (flavorful and beautifully served) and delicious scallops and coq au vin. Desserts were exquisite, too. Excellent service. We definitely will return and recommend this restaurant highly. The best restaurant for miles around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in town but noisyBgirlDined on 10/18/2014Food is fantastic. Wish I could eat here every week!Special Features:
- Grammercy at Mass Moca a treatOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/11/2014The service was great - I liked the pace. We weren't rushed and the food was tasty, seasonal, fresh, well cooked. I'm not a wine buff but the prosecco was great and my rosso also very drinkable. Bravo for dealing with some tricky customers behind me with extremely good grace and having a sense of humour about things...Special Features:
- Exceeded expectationsLordRobDined on 10/10/2014My wife and I are familiar with the Gramercy Bistro, but we are familiar with it when it was in a different location in North Adams. I feared that the move to MOCA was not a good omen. I was dead wrong. The ambience was intimate and warm. Our waiter really knew his wines and the menu, and had some excellent suggestions about the pairing of the two. The food was well-prepared and nicely presented, and the entire evening exceeded our expectations. The evening launched a wonderful return visit to the Berkshires.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- worth the tripOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/4/2014this was a very excellent meal, well served, with some fine wines. our group of 6 was very happy. we had been at the Clark and came here because the choices in Williamstown were few and booked. Easily worth the trip.Special Features:
- What one would want in a restaurantdocDDined on 9/29/2014We hit this on a very quiet night on a recent North Adams visit. The food was very good. The service attentive. It was a delightful quiet meal in a white table cloth atmosphere that left us feeling we had been treated very well.Special Features:
- the good, the not so goodHamletFoodieDined on 9/19/2014Had the tuna; was cooked as said, rare, really enjoyed it. Waiter was very pleasant, was able to answer questions with details. We ordered vodka Martinis on the rocks, came with so much ice, it was over the top of the glass. Once we took out 3/4 of it, it was fine, not great. Flourless chocolate cake was made with good chocolate but was dry; disappointing because of that. Overall to have a nice restaurant with good food in North Adams would make us go back again when we're in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- If you're at MASS MOCAses716VIPDined on 9/11/2014Just steps across the way, a lovely space, with an interesting menu, well-prepared food and charming service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gramercy is top shelf!GraceWasGreatDined on 9/4/2014We had the Crabcake app which was excellent and since we were splitting it they made two small cakes instead of one large one and plated them each separarely which was a very nice touch. I had the Sesame Tuna which was prepared perfectly and the wasabi sauce highlighted the flavors nicely. My wife had Pan Seared Scallops in Pablono Sauce which was not too hot and made an excellent accompaniment. For dessert we split Roasted Peaches which was the best ending to a meal ever. We wish we lived closer so we could make this a regular stop but will definitely come back any time we are in the area. I highly recommend Gramercy Bistro.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Only game in town!SilkeVIPDined on 8/28/2014Gramercy Bistro is a very nice bistro and the only good restaurant for miles around (we have tried quite a few others). Thus, we dined there twice last week and enjoyed it both times. The ambiance, food and service are all very good. There are a few little negatives (ex. no candles one night, so it was too dark; no espresso; they forgot to check in our Open Table reservation BOTH nights) but altogether it was a very good experience. It would be nice if the whole North Adams area were to liven up and give them some competition!Special Features:
- Gramercy Bistro is an oasis in townSilkeVIPDined on 8/27/2014We dined at Gramercy Bistro two nights in a row after trying several other local restaurants in North Adams during our recent wonderful Berkshire vacation. Everything about the Berkshires is awesome except for its restaurant selection. Gramercy Bistro is the only one we've found which we really like, which comes up to the standard of a good authentic bistro, with good food, ambiance and service. We like it a lot!Special Features:
- A great meal at Gramercy Bistro!FoodieDined on 8/23/2014We had a delicious meal at Gramercy Bistro this past Saturday. Our 7-year-old son accompanied us, and they were kind enough to make him a half order of coq au vin, which he just loved. I started with the thai mussels which were delicious, followed by tuna which was cooked to perfection. My wife very much enjoyed the onion soup and also found the coq au vin irresistible. A great find in North Adams and very reasonable priced.Special Features:
- Sadly, not worth the wait...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014We had been looking forward to eating here for long time. The look of it, when walking through to MassMoCA always intrigued us and conjured thoughts of good, simple, French cooking. Alas, the food was bland and uninspired. My husband compared the steak frites to something you would get at a Sizzler. I had the trout almondine and it was equally boring. A mountain of toasted almonds on top of flavorless fish does not a good almondine make. We were sorrowfully disappointed having looked forward to eating here for some time.
- Service needs helpLadyJ56VIPDined on 8/20/2014This was our third time eating at Gamercy Bistro and as always, the food is wonderful. One notable exception was the Paella -- their signature dish. It was dry, the shrimp were overcooked and it had very little spice. I wouldn't order it again. The service was slow, uneven and we had to keep waving down the waiter to get his attention. He only had three table. We will still eat there whenever we are in North Adams -- they just need to amp up the serviceSpecial Features:
- Waiting for to gomgeatsDined on 8/17/2014The restaurant was recommended, it was close to our accommodation and the ambiance was quite nice - but the service was so slow. The food was even quite good but the slow pace of the service detracted from our experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- North Adams TreasuregbostonVIPDined on 8/16/2014Tucked away into MOCA you'll find this quiet, unassuming restaurant with superb food and good service. Listen for the specials which contain in-season ingredients combined together with artistry. Vegetarians and fish lovers can find much to eat. But save room for dessert. The dacquoise was unbelievable.
- YcookVIPDined on 8/13/2014A nice and convenient choice when visiting Mass MOCA
- Unique!!!UniqueDined on 8/11/2014We stayed at The Porches and it was so great to find such a dining venue so close. Everything was delightful. Service, presentation, ambiance...especially the meal. Thank you for a lovely evening.Special Features:
- StephenStephenVIPDined on 8/9/2014Super resto in wonderful location. Fine menu, good wines, excellent service, lovely ambiance. And, of course, at Mass MoCA. Worth the trip even if you don't visit Mass MoCA -- but why wouldn't you?Special Features:
- Hidden GemSandraLBNDined on 8/9/2014It was a delight to find a restaurant in which I didn't need to check on the food before ordering. They have locally-sourced foods, most organic, and all is prepared freshly daily with no preservatives. I enjoyed every bit of the meal not only because it was well prepared, but also because it was 'safe' to eat. I will come back when in the Berkshires.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great dinnerlongponderDined on 8/8/2014We have been eating at Gramercy Bistro for many years. The food is always good and the service attentive. Our only wish is that the basic menu change from season to season. Yes, there are a couple of specials but since the restaurant is dedicated to using local ingredients it would be great to see menus that reflect the seasons.Special Features:
- VeganFamilyMembersDined on 7/26/2014We enjoyed everything here. Came for a relaxed, special meal between the matinee and evening shows at the WTF and were not disappointed. Wait staff was friendly and attentive, selection was fine and the food was great. Pricey, but worth it all in all. We enjoyed the special mushroom soup, leek tart, trout almondine, and salmon with mango on plantain.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 307 reviews are from the Gramercy Bistro reviews archive.
- FabulousLloydVIPDined on 7/24/2014I was going to be in Western Massachusetts and a friend who was encouraging me to visit Mass MOCA told me about a great restaurant right next to the entrance. I was taking someone there for his birthday, so I really wanted it to be good. I wasn't disappointed. The food, from an exquisite Caesar salad to perfectly prepared sweetbreads and Winener Schnitzel (melt in your mouth veal!) and an excellent wine list, was simply superb. The service was thoughtful and helpful, friendly without being pushy. The dining room is extremely pleasuant and elegant. It was a wonderful experience.Special Features:
- Good food good serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/20/2014Had a terrific dinner and desert. The best restaurant in town hands downSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for visiting MOCANutmeggerDined on 7/20/2014We arrived at MOCA on a Sunday at 11:30 AM and had a wonderful brunch before taking in the art at MOCA. Would like to try it for dinner another time.Special Features:
- good food. bad serviceFloridavisitorDined on 7/19/2014Reviews that we read on Trip Advisor were right on. Food is quite tasty. Service is not. Our waiter was well intentioned but it was clear he was overwhelmed. There were two waiters for about 20 tables. One of our table requested a bread plate. Never got it. We waited 45 minutes for our entrees. Relaxed dining is one thing, but after awhile it just get's old. I won't go back
- stageladyDined on 7/13/2014Very nice restaurant on the grounds of Mass MOCA. We had both a lunch and dinner there during our visits to nearby Williamstown. The menu is limited but adventurous and the food is well-executed. It may be a bit too upscale (and pricey) for its location, however. The snack bar at the museum is more appealing when you're there to see the contemporary art.Special Features:
- tanglewoodtravelerDined on 7/12/2014Excellent food and service just at the entrance to Mass MOCA. It is good to see an old mill space put to such good use.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good foodunhappyDined on 7/5/2014Food was really good, unfortunately can't say the same about service, our waiter probably did not have any experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- before theatre gemCincySueDined on 7/5/2014Had only an hour but the server made sure we had both a delicous appetizer (snap pea salad with goat cheese, almonds, shaved fennel, and lemon) plus had our entrees served in time. We came back after the show to share an exquisite dessert- chocolate hazelnut torte.Special Features:
- mickproDined on 7/5/2014very good from apps through dessert, very consistent. staff was stretched but kept up well.Special Features:
- Unexpected Pleasure!CTFLSnobirdVIPDined on 7/3/2014While looking for a more reasonably priced restaurant than many in Williamstown, we found Gramercy Bistro on OpenTable. It is part of an arts community in North Adams which can be hard to find and involves a drive through some rough parts of town, but worth the trip! The food was excellent, the server friendly and helpful and a nice wine list by glass or bottle. We would definitely recommend and will go there again.Special Features:
- Worth discoveringScotinNJDined on 7/3/2014Nestled in the museum of contemporary art, this is a lovely little restaurant with crisp white tablecloths & big windows. The menu included a good balance of meat, fish & an interesting veggie option. My salad with goats cheese starter was a bit disappointing - the salad leaves were uninteresting & the cheese was served as a blob on top rather than being broken up and mixed through the salad. However, the tuna & bok choi entree & the chicken entree were absolutely delicious. Service was disappointingly slow & inattentive with no follow up on how things were. All in all we would return for more delicious entrees and the appealing location & keep fingers crossed for better service next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely, Relaxing, UpscaleartnfoodfanDined on 6/28/2014A favorite of ours, this restaurant is on the campus of Mass MoCa, so very convenient when visiting the museum. Lovely, relaxing and upscale atmosphere....perfect after spending time at the museum. Food is very good, portions large and everything is creatively prepared with fresh ingredients. A special treat is the peartini made with pear liquor (a very unusual find). Service is attentive. There are many restaurants in North Adams, but, we always choose to go back to Gramercy Bistro when in the area.Special Features:
- Lovely restaurant at Mass MoCARebeccaVIPDined on 6/21/2014We had a delicious meal at Gramercy Bistro in North Adams, MA. Everything was terrific -- the service, wine, food, atmosphere. Our teenage sons enjoyed it, too, and were made very welcome by the staff. One of the best restaurants in the North Adams area.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/20/2014coq au vin : chcken was tender. I prefer a thinner sauce, potatoes or rice,notpasta.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent Food, Lousy ServicekwixDined on 6/8/2014We brought a party of six for an after-graduation dinner. This is a museum restaurant: the food and wine are high-end (e.g. small carefully-arranged plates, etc.). But while the approach to food was thoughtful, it was not imaginative -- resulting in decent, but not particularly interesting food. The entrees could definitely feature more vegetables. But the service was abysmal. Actually, it was great for the first 45 minutes. But the moment our entrees arrived, our waiter disappeared for an hour. Even though the room wasn't half full, there was no checking on us -- and no opportunity for coffee, dessert, check. Finally, some of us had to leave -- and were accosted by the waiter going out to ask if we had paid the (nonexistent) check!Special Features: