87 Marshall Street
North Adams, MA 01247Neighborhood:
Contemporary FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.gramercybistro.com/
- Phone: 4136635300x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Wednesday-Monday 5pm-9pm (Friday and Saturday 5pm-10pm)
Lunch: Wednesday-Saturday 12pm-2pm (Late May-Late October)
Sunday Brunch: 11am-2pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary French
- Executive Chef: Alexander Smith
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Chef Alexander Smith takes his restaurant philosophy out of the kitchen. we are flexible and offer a wide range of menus, price points, and service styles. from drop off events to full service event planning, Gramercy Bistro is committed to fine food.
A word from Gramercy Bistro
Chef Alexander Smith is always committed to using the finest and freshest ingredients around. supporting independent farms, locally and abroad, since opening in 2001. we buy organic, farm raised food and are proud members of Berkshire Grown.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Gramercy Bistro - Best Restaurants in North Adams ›
Gramercy Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
70 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (36)neighborhood gem (28)special occasion (23)romantic (18)good for groups (13)great for outdoor dining (10)great for brunch (7)notable wine list (6)great for lunch (3)kid-friendly (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- the good, the not so goodHamletFoodieDined on 9/19/2014Had the tuna; was cooked as said, rare, really enjoyed it. Waiter was very pleasant, was able to answer questions with details. We ordered vodka Martinis on the rocks, came with so much ice, it was over the top of the glass. Once we took out 3/4 of it, it was fine, not great. Flourless chocolate cake was made with good chocolate but was dry; disappointing because of that. Overall to have a nice restaurant with good food in North Adams would make us go back again when we're in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- If you're at MASS MOCAses716VIPDined on 9/11/2014Just steps across the way, a lovely space, with an interesting menu, well-prepared food and charming service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gramercy is top shelf!GraceWasGreatDined on 9/4/2014We had the Crabcake app which was excellent and since we were splitting it they made two small cakes instead of one large one and plated them each separarely which was a very nice touch. I had the Sesame Tuna which was prepared perfectly and the wasabi sauce highlighted the flavors nicely. My wife had Pan Seared Scallops in Pablono Sauce which was not too hot and made an excellent accompaniment. For dessert we split Roasted Peaches which was the best ending to a meal ever. We wish we lived closer so we could make this a regular stop but will definitely come back any time we are in the area. I highly recommend Gramercy Bistro.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Only game in town!SilkeVIPDined on 8/28/2014Gramercy Bistro is a very nice bistro and the only good restaurant for miles around (we have tried quite a few others). Thus, we dined there twice last week and enjoyed it both times. The ambiance, food and service are all very good. There are a few little negatives (ex. no candles one night, so it was too dark; no espresso; they forgot to check in our Open Table reservation BOTH nights) but altogether it was a very good experience. It would be nice if the whole North Adams area were to liven up and give them some competition!Special Features:
- Gramercy Bistro is an oasis in townSilkeVIPDined on 8/27/2014We dined at Gramercy Bistro two nights in a row after trying several other local restaurants in North Adams during our recent wonderful Berkshire vacation. Everything about the Berkshires is awesome except for its restaurant selection. Gramercy Bistro is the only one we've found which we really like, which comes up to the standard of a good authentic bistro, with good food, ambiance and service. We like it a lot!Special Features:
- A great meal at Gramercy Bistro!FoodieDined on 8/23/2014We had a delicious meal at Gramercy Bistro this past Saturday. Our 7-year-old son accompanied us, and they were kind enough to make him a half order of coq au vin, which he just loved. I started with the thai mussels which were delicious, followed by tuna which was cooked to perfection. My wife very much enjoyed the onion soup and also found the coq au vin irresistible. A great find in North Adams and very reasonable priced.Special Features:
- Sadly, not worth the wait...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014We had been looking forward to eating here for long time. The look of it, when walking through to MassMoCA always intrigued us and conjured thoughts of good, simple, French cooking. Alas, the food was bland and uninspired. My husband compared the steak frites to something you would get at a Sizzler. I had the trout almondine and it was equally boring. A mountain of toasted almonds on top of flavorless fish does not a good almondine make. We were sorrowfully disappointed having looked forward to eating here for some time.
- Service needs helpLadyJ56VIPDined on 8/20/2014This was our third time eating at Gamercy Bistro and as always, the food is wonderful. One notable exception was the Paella -- their signature dish. It was dry, the shrimp were overcooked and it had very little spice. I wouldn't order it again. The service was slow, uneven and we had to keep waving down the waiter to get his attention. He only had three table. We will still eat there whenever we are in North Adams -- they just need to amp up the serviceSpecial Features:
- Waiting for to gomgeatsDined on 8/17/2014The restaurant was recommended, it was close to our accommodation and the ambiance was quite nice - but the service was so slow. The food was even quite good but the slow pace of the service detracted from our experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- North Adams TreasuregbostonDined on 8/16/2014Tucked away into MOCA you'll find this quiet, unassuming restaurant with superb food and good service. Listen for the specials which contain in-season ingredients combined together with artistry. Vegetarians and fish lovers can find much to eat. But save room for dessert. The dacquoise was unbelievable.
- YcookVIPDined on 8/13/2014A nice and convenient choice when visiting Mass MOCA
- Unique!!!UniqueDined on 8/11/2014We stayed at The Porches and it was so great to find such a dining venue so close. Everything was delightful. Service, presentation, ambiance...especially the meal. Thank you for a lovely evening.Special Features:
- StephenStephenDined on 8/9/2014Super resto in wonderful location. Fine menu, good wines, excellent service, lovely ambiance. And, of course, at Mass MoCA. Worth the trip even if you don't visit Mass MoCA -- but why wouldn't you?Special Features:
- Hidden GemSandraLBNDined on 8/9/2014It was a delight to find a restaurant in which I didn't need to check on the food before ordering. They have locally-sourced foods, most organic, and all is prepared freshly daily with no preservatives. I enjoyed every bit of the meal not only because it was well prepared, but also because it was 'safe' to eat. I will come back when in the Berkshires.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great dinnerlongponderDined on 8/8/2014We have been eating at Gramercy Bistro for many years. The food is always good and the service attentive. Our only wish is that the basic menu change from season to season. Yes, there are a couple of specials but since the restaurant is dedicated to using local ingredients it would be great to see menus that reflect the seasons.Special Features:
- VeganFamilyMembersDined on 7/26/2014We enjoyed everything here. Came for a relaxed, special meal between the matinee and evening shows at the WTF and were not disappointed. Wait staff was friendly and attentive, selection was fine and the food was great. Pricey, but worth it all in all. We enjoyed the special mushroom soup, leek tart, trout almondine, and salmon with mango on plantain.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulousLloydVIPDined on 7/24/2014I was going to be in Western Massachusetts and a friend who was encouraging me to visit Mass MOCA told me about a great restaurant right next to the entrance. I was taking someone there for his birthday, so I really wanted it to be good. I wasn't disappointed. The food, from an exquisite Caesar salad to perfectly prepared sweetbreads and Winener Schnitzel (melt in your mouth veal!) and an excellent wine list, was simply superb. The service was thoughtful and helpful, friendly without being pushy. The dining room is extremely pleasuant and elegant. It was a wonderful experience.Special Features:
- Good food good serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/20/2014Had a terrific dinner and desert. The best restaurant in town hands downSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for visiting MOCANutmeggerDined on 7/20/2014We arrived at MOCA on a Sunday at 11:30 AM and had a wonderful brunch before taking in the art at MOCA. Would like to try it for dinner another time.Special Features:
- good food. bad serviceFloridavisitorDined on 7/19/2014Reviews that we read on Trip Advisor were right on. Food is quite tasty. Service is not. Our waiter was well intentioned but it was clear he was overwhelmed. There were two waiters for about 20 tables. One of our table requested a bread plate. Never got it. We waited 45 minutes for our entrees. Relaxed dining is one thing, but after awhile it just get's old. I won't go back
- stageladyDined on 7/13/2014Very nice restaurant on the grounds of Mass MOCA. We had both a lunch and dinner there during our visits to nearby Williamstown. The menu is limited but adventurous and the food is well-executed. It may be a bit too upscale (and pricey) for its location, however. The snack bar at the museum is more appealing when you're there to see the contemporary art.Special Features:
- tanglewoodtravelerDined on 7/12/2014Excellent food and service just at the entrance to Mass MOCA. It is good to see an old mill space put to such good use.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good foodunhappyDined on 7/5/2014Food was really good, unfortunately can't say the same about service, our waiter probably did not have any experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- before theatre gemCincySueDined on 7/5/2014Had only an hour but the server made sure we had both a delicous appetizer (snap pea salad with goat cheese, almonds, shaved fennel, and lemon) plus had our entrees served in time. We came back after the show to share an exquisite dessert- chocolate hazelnut torte.Special Features:
- mickproDined on 7/5/2014very good from apps through dessert, very consistent. staff was stretched but kept up well.Special Features:
- Unexpected Pleasure!CTFLSnobirdDined on 7/3/2014While looking for a more reasonably priced restaurant than many in Williamstown, we found Gramercy Bistro on OpenTable. It is part of an arts community in North Adams which can be hard to find and involves a drive through some rough parts of town, but worth the trip! The food was excellent, the server friendly and helpful and a nice wine list by glass or bottle. We would definitely recommend and will go there again.Special Features:
- Worth discoveringScotinNJDined on 7/3/2014Nestled in the museum of contemporary art, this is a lovely little restaurant with crisp white tablecloths & big windows. The menu included a good balance of meat, fish & an interesting veggie option. My salad with goats cheese starter was a bit disappointing - the salad leaves were uninteresting & the cheese was served as a blob on top rather than being broken up and mixed through the salad. However, the tuna & bok choi entree & the chicken entree were absolutely delicious. Service was disappointingly slow & inattentive with no follow up on how things were. All in all we would return for more delicious entrees and the appealing location & keep fingers crossed for better service next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely, Relaxing, UpscaleartnfoodfanDined on 6/28/2014A favorite of ours, this restaurant is on the campus of Mass MoCa, so very convenient when visiting the museum. Lovely, relaxing and upscale atmosphere....perfect after spending time at the museum. Food is very good, portions large and everything is creatively prepared with fresh ingredients. A special treat is the peartini made with pear liquor (a very unusual find). Service is attentive. There are many restaurants in North Adams, but, we always choose to go back to Gramercy Bistro when in the area.Special Features:
- Lovely restaurant at Mass MoCARebeccaVIPDined on 6/21/2014We had a delicious meal at Gramercy Bistro in North Adams, MA. Everything was terrific -- the service, wine, food, atmosphere. Our teenage sons enjoyed it, too, and were made very welcome by the staff. One of the best restaurants in the North Adams area.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/20/2014coq au vin : chcken was tender. I prefer a thinner sauce, potatoes or rice,notpasta.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent Food, Lousy ServicekwixDined on 6/8/2014We brought a party of six for an after-graduation dinner. This is a museum restaurant: the food and wine are high-end (e.g. small carefully-arranged plates, etc.). But while the approach to food was thoughtful, it was not imaginative -- resulting in decent, but not particularly interesting food. The entrees could definitely feature more vegetables. But the service was abysmal. Actually, it was great for the first 45 minutes. But the moment our entrees arrived, our waiter disappeared for an hour. Even though the room wasn't half full, there was no checking on us -- and no opportunity for coffee, dessert, check. Finally, some of us had to leave -- and were accosted by the waiter going out to ask if we had paid the (nonexistent) check!Special Features:
- The following 292 reviews are from the Gramercy Bistro reviews archive.
- Exceptionally fineGalway77Dined on 5/17/2014Dined with a group of 10. Excellent service, innovative menu, absolutely delicious food. Paella, steak and scallops were exceptional. Bar service was excellent with special mixed drinks. Will definitely return.Special Features:
- yes, yes, yesArtistDined on 4/26/2014My partner and I dine here before attending MASSMoCA events and enjoy it so much. This past visit more than most.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good but not greatchoosyexnyersDined on 4/12/2014it was a solid meal, we were in and out comfortably to make our concert next door. however, the waitress was quite icy and in fact simply didn't answer/engage us verbally. and my ravioli was slightly underdone. would have sent it back but i was too hungry. wine was nice, dessert delicate and tasty.
- AVOIDFinedinerDined on 4/5/2014Appetizers were acceptable, minestrone and saladl The steak was order medium/ And I suppose it was IF you average out the ridiculously overcooked left half of the steak with the nearly raw right side. The Coq au Vin was supposed to be cooked with white wine. Bi wine was detectable in the Coq au Vin. The chicken was boiled and had no taste whatsoever. The price of the entrees was a misleader. As was the margarita which was made buy the hostess (the young lady who seats you and is barely 18) and was about 100% tequila. More expensive usually means better food and better service. In this case, IT IS A RIP OFF.
- Pork belly heavenMikeDined on 4/5/2014Came here before a show at Mass MOCA and had a great dinner. Our server was a pleasant and cute older woman with what sounded to be a French accent. Food was great, wine was good, and service was attentive yet not overwhelming. No espresso, but the French pressed coffee was exceptional. We will most definitely be back the next time we come through town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OK OverallOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/22/2014My wife and I recently went to Gramercy as a cap to our day at Mass MOCA. The atmosphere was quiet and romantic and the food was generally good. I had the crab cake appetizer. It was a little overwhelmed by the wasabi sauce, but otherwise a tasty start. My wife had a salad with Champaign vinaigrette followed by encrusted chicken with mushroom risotto. She enjoyed both. I had the paella as a main, and I'd give it a C. The rice was thick and over cooked and the mussels and clams were small and a bit dry. Still, the dish was flavorful. I'd go back but would stick with more basic dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Just For the MuseumMonteDined on 3/22/2014Gramercy Bistro would be a great stand-alone restaurant in northern Berkshire County. But as part of MassMoca (Mass. Museum of Contemporary Art), it's a terrific add-on to your enjoyment of one of America's great art venues.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AMAZING Food- air temperature 2 hotKatheine920Dined on 3/8/2014The food was absolutely amazing at Gramercy Bistro. My table had the Ahi Tuna & the steak... it is really hard to get a perfect steak and Gramercy Bistro nailed it! The Ahi Tuna was the best I HAVE EVER had and I live in NYC, so thats saying a lot! I would love the recipe, the Ahi Tuna was encrusted with sesame seeds and a deliciious ginger/soy sauce! Unfortunately our waitress seemed to have some sort of an attitude and the air temperature was excruciatingly hot. I wish it were in the old location, this location is not ideal! When we pulled in- there were no cars in the parking lot, everyone that I was with was a bit worried seeing as no one was there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is the best restaurantSkifor5Dined on 3/8/2014This is the best restaurant if you have one at Williams College. Food is very good and menu has plenty of choice. Service is warm and professional. A lovely night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.