Gram & Dun
600 Ward Parkway
Kansas City, MO 64112Neighborhood:
Plaza / Brookside
Gastro PubPrice: $30 and under
Gram & Dun
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://gramanddun.com/
- Phone: 8163892900x
- Hours of Operation:
Please visit our website for hours.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, Gastro Pub, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Bradley Gilmore/Nathan Nichols (Chef de Cuisine)
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Special Events: We do not accept online reservations for parties of 6 or more.
A word from Gram & Dun
Gram & Dun is an American gastropub with culinarily-driven fare, paying special attention to pairing food with libations. It's a place "for the people" where we can relax and enjoy the neighborhood vibe while we test theories of food, drink and the evolution of good times. People need a place that calls to them when they find the time to relax, shrug off the day, and savor a meal that's unique and extraordinary; a place where they feel they belong. Our local owners and staff bring a unique, modern environment to this ideal Plaza location where we have revived the best patio in town, making Gram & Dun an enticing landmark for locals and visitors alike. In addition, Gram & Dun honors the traditional by bringing revered dishes to the forefront and adding our own special touch, and welcomes seasonality by adjusting to the natural changes our tastes succumb to as the year progresses, all in an effort to provide the best to patrons. Gram & Dun: Kansas City's original gastropub.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Gram & Dun - Best Restaurants in Plaza / Brookside ›
Gram & Dun reviews from OpenTable diners
250 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (190)fit for foodies (156)special occasion (102)hot spot (99)good for groups (79)neighborhood gem (77)scenic view (70)great for brunch (68)great for lunch (67)vibrant bar scene (60)romantic (57)notable wine list (38)late-night find (32)kid-friendly (8)Show More
- it's okOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014Nice to have different selections, but the flavor was just avg.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really Nice EveningLJohnsonDined on 8/31/2014We got a reservation for Sunday evening of Labor Day weekend. We greeted by hostess and seated in a nice booth facing the windows. Our waiter Bobby was super friendly and helpful. we ordered a bottle of nice Pinot Noir, had the muscles as an appetizer. They were perfectly cooked and served with a 1/4 loaf of sourdough bread. My husband ordered the shrimp and grits and I got the flatiron steak. My steak was cooked exactly how I like it and the shrimp and grits were stellar. My husband can't eat sugar and Bobby was so great about getting us a fresh berry dessert. I got the vanilla bean gelato. The food was great, the service was great, and the atmosphere was great! Thanks so much for a great dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner bdayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014Celebrated my husband's birthday with dinner. Chicken and waffles were delicious as was the fondue. Wish we had saved room for dessert!Special Features:
- Classy GastropubGastroguyDined on 8/28/2014My wife and I were in town for our Anniversary and wanted to do something other than the usual Plaza fare. The food and service were excellent, with some real unique dishes! Great place for foodies.Special Features:
- Always goodOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/27/2014Food is different, but good. Drinks are unique. Atmosphere is alway a great place inside or outside.Special Features:
- Terrific evening with friendsProspectHillDined on 8/26/2014We had a wonderful meal with friends, attentive service, unique menu, delicious entrees, and warm ambiance. I would definitely recommend!Special Features:
- Amazing Experience Again and AgainAmazingDined on 8/23/2014From the moment you walk in and see the incredible ambiance, hear the lively rythym and experience the great service you know you're in for a treat. Servers are always A+ and the menu is out of this world. Nothing ordinary here, but amazing yes. Things you'd never even dream about combining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great menu and fast service!pdwaxDined on 8/23/2014We had a wonderful meal here. The atmosphere is sophisticated but welcoming. We dined inside to beat the heat. Fun drink menu. The Ginger Rogers is a favorite. Great choice of appetizers and salads, especially the Jackson. Loved the Crack pie for dessert. Definitely will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/22/2014I don't usually go to restaurants on the Plaza; I let the tourists enjoy them. However, a friend wanted to meet on the Plaza, so I selected Gram & Dun since it is locally owned. From the moment I walked it, I was treated to excellent service. The hostess, the server, the food runner, every staff member I came in contact with, was pleasant and acted like they were happy to see me! They were not just going through the motions. My friend and I split the hanger steak which was wonderful and cooked perfectly. And we didn't get and eye rolling from the server for splitting a meal. Every aspect of our experience was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tom and TerriKCcoupleDined on 8/20/2014The food was great and the service from Cecilia was awesome. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 8/17/2014What a great brunch find! I'm bummed we never tried this place before now! Super hip but comfortable, beautiful decor, awesome menu and service. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TCTChapDined on 8/16/2014A lot of interesting options on the menu. Decided on the burnt ends and Mac and cheese. Not bad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AbigailAbigailDined on 8/16/2014The service was outstanding! Server was very knowledgeable on menu items and ingredients plus extensive knowledge on the wines offered. He made the entire evening even so much better. Noise level made conversation a bit difficult at times. Will definitely return but not on a weekend night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/11/2014We were here for dinner after a business meeting. the food was great and the waiter was very attentive and personable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What A Treat!SH514Dined on 8/7/2014Loaded Baked Potato Gnocchi and heirloom tomato salad, delicious New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc and the outdoor breeze made this Thursday lunch feel like a micro vacation, right in the middle of the work day. This was not my first time at G&D, not will it be my last.Special Features:
- Fun Times...Great food!7GalsfromNEDined on 8/6/2014This was the perfect spot for an ending to a busy two days of work. Loved the food and the service was great!Special Features:
- Fantastic!ChapDaddyDined on 8/6/2014Gary our server was very knowledgeable and the chef, Brad I think. The chef, came out to the table and talked with us about their utilization of local k.c. products, and produce in some specials. Kurbaums tomato salad was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Late lunch:fun feast!Food4thoughtDined on 8/5/2014Our group of seven made a 3:00 lunch a most festive occasion. All the food was shared by all and the waiter was most accommodating to our requests. Shrimp and grits, beer can chicken, Mac and cheese, and hanger steak were among the facorites.Special Features:
- Great restaurant!Marta72Dined on 8/2/2014The ambiance was fantastic and the food was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Gram & Dun ExperienceLuv2dineDined on 8/2/2014My friends and I were going to be in KC for the weekend for a bachelorette party. I was doing some research on good places to eat and came across Gram & Dun! The four of us had an excellent experience. The service and food were phenomenal! They kept it a little too dim during dinner for our liking, but the good things about the restaurant outweighed that. I would definitely recommend this restaurant to anyone (including goodies)!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unbelievable Food and ServiceBrianVIPDined on 8/2/2014We brought family from out of town to Gram and Dun for dinner since it's one of our favorite local places. We had a reservation but it was a gorgeous summer day and the patio was packed. The staff had a few miscues on timing to seat us and bring our food, but the response to these incidents showed they are true professionals. Our comfort and enjoyment were a real priority. We should have walked away disappointed, but Chris turned the evening into an awesome experience for all of us. I've rarely felt so well taken care of at a busy restaurant. As always, the food was phenomenal, as were the specialty cocktails. We've dined at many fine restaurants in KC and beyond... Gram and Dun is one of the best and keeps us coming back in all seasons!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique food, great service!SolCasaDined on 8/2/2014Our waiter, Chris H., was great! He knew the menu very well and had a fun personality. The food was fantastic! Lots of choices you won't find other places. We had a great time and will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Service Good Foodilike2eatDined on 8/2/2014The service was excellent. We ate inside, but the Patio area would be wonderful on a warm evening. The Meatball appetizer was wonderful. I plan to visit again because there were several items on the menu I want to try. Comfy casual setting, can be a little noisy when full. All in all another go to spot on the Plaza.Special Features:
- A Gem!planogirlDined on 8/1/2014Gram & Dun was a delight from beginning to end--we arrived early and were immediately seated on the patio, as we had hoped. Andrea, our waitress, was knowledgeable, professional, and personable. The food was excellent and the ambiance was perfect for a great summer evening. Everyone was attentive and helpful! It's a long way from Texas but will be a "must-go" every time we are in KC!Special Features:
- Great patio, great foodkcfoodieVIPDined on 7/31/2014Love the patio, bar is great - good specialty drinks (try the "D Cup" - you won't be disappointed!) Everything on the menu is tasty!Special Features:
- Great food and great settingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/26/2014Our family had friends visiting Kansas City for the first time this weekend and we decided to make dinner reservations at Gram and Dun. Our friends were very impressed. They thought the restaurant was beautiful and the food delicious. We tried several different items and all were great. One person said the pork chop was the very best he'd ever had. The sides of spatzel and a large tater tot were a hit, very tasty. We had hoped to sit out on the large patio but it was just too hot this weekend. Fortunately, the large windows make it almost feel as though you are outdoors anyway. Our one complaint is the noise level. I notice you don't allow for loud on the review, only "energetic". Loud is more accurate.Special Features:
- Great food, but VERY loudLikes2HearDined on 7/26/2014I went on a Saturday night with some friends I hadn't seen in a long time. It was VERY loud in the restaurant and you couldn't really hear anything that the people on the other side of the table were saying. The food was great and the menu has a really nice variety, but next time I'm dining with a group and want to be able to hear, I'll go somewhere else.Special Features:
- Great Dining ExperienceATLChefdudeDined on 7/24/2014The food was great, the service exceptional. A great choice for an exceptional night out! Definitely recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best birthday bash!EnjoysEatingOutDined on 7/24/2014We gathered with family to celebrate a birthday. The food was fantastic, and the service was impeccable. Andrea provided the attention to our table and details for the menu that helped us select the just-right dishes. Asian Pig Wings started us off - delicious! The seasonal summer salad was so good that we requested an extra one to pass around so that everyone could sample it. Six different entrees were ordered. All were cooked to perfection. Don't forget the creamed brussels sprouts - great side! For dessert, we shared "Cracked Up" and "C Cup Parfait" - outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- simply the bestOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/22/2014Beat food and drinks in kc. Love the seasonal menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and atmosphereKCgemDined on 7/22/2014Nice spot to sit and watch people or catch up with old friend while enjoying great spirits and food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid choiceMeyer5541Dined on 7/19/2014Awesome set up with everything, food was creative, server loved working thereSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 7/17/2014Each and ever visit is an excellent experience. The food is fabulous and consistent. The service is always top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's my new favorite spot!akbarbershopDined on 7/14/2014This was my first time @ G&D and I had only heard good things. I finally went Monday night and it did not disappoint! It was even better than I imagined. I do think this is for the 'foodie' and I really appreciated everything about the experience. It was perfect weather for patio dining and I will definitely be going back. I met a young chef at the bar who was in town for training and this was his 4th time eating at Gram & Dun in less than a week. That should say it all right there. Thank you!Special Features:
- Great experience at Gram & DunDiningfolksDined on 7/13/2014Everything was great! First time visiting and everything that our server recommended was spectacular. Be sure to try the Burnt End Mac and Cheese! Had a blast reading all the comments in the book that was used as the folder for the check. Very unique idea!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Shrimp and gritsCubs673Dined on 7/12/2014I had the shrimp and grits it was as good as ever. It was a good place for families as wellSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Plaza SpotBH89Dined on 7/11/2014I live in KC, and I go to G&D often. It's one of our favorites and is very consistent. The staff is always friendly, but subtle, and the food is delish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun date nightNewswannyDined on 7/11/2014We met another couple at the restaurant for dinner and it was a fun night. We had great drinks (Basil Smash, Moscow Mule, etc.) and the food was delicious. I like that they had a unique twist on a lot of the dishes and appetizers.Special Features:
- Very nice.JoykVIPDined on 7/11/2014We were impressed with the entire evening. Our first visit will not be our last.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best lunch ever!BzzzzyBeeDined on 7/11/2014Probably my favorite lunch ever! Loved everything: potato chips with gourmet ketchups, shrimp & grits, all desserts (we each got a different one). My son insisted I try his burger - incredible! Dane provided fantastic service!Special Features: