Gram & Dun
600 Ward Parkway
Kansas City, MO 64112Neighborhood:
Plaza / Brookside
Gastro PubPrice: $30 and under
Gram & Dun
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://gramanddun.com/
- Phone: 8163892900x
- Hours of Operation:
Please visit our website for hours.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, Gastro Pub, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Bradley Gilmore/Nathan Nichols (Chef de Cuisine)
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Special Events: We do not accept online reservations for parties of 6 or more.
A word from Gram & Dun
Gram & Dun is an American gastropub with culinarily-driven fare, paying special attention to pairing food with libations. It's a place "for the people" where we can relax and enjoy the neighborhood vibe while we test theories of food, drink and the evolution of good times. People need a place that calls to them when they find the time to relax, shrug off the day, and savor a meal that's unique and extraordinary; a place where they feel they belong. Our local owners and staff bring a unique, modern environment to this ideal Plaza location where we have revived the best patio in town, making Gram & Dun an enticing landmark for locals and visitors alike. In addition, Gram & Dun honors the traditional by bringing revered dishes to the forefront and adding our own special touch, and welcomes seasonality by adjusting to the natural changes our tastes succumb to as the year progresses, all in an effort to provide the best to patrons. Gram & Dun: Kansas City's original gastropub.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Gram & Dun - Best Restaurants in Plaza / Brookside ›
Gram & Dun reviews from OpenTable diners
245 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (181)fit for foodies (152)hot spot (104)special occasion (94)neighborhood gem (84)good for groups (80)scenic view (66)vibrant bar scene (61)great for lunch (61)great for brunch (59)romantic (52)notable wine list (35)late-night find (27)kid-friendly (8)Show More
- FantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/19/2014Tripadvisor had great reviews for Gram & Dun so my husband and I made a reservation and were very pleased. Our server, Sam, was attentive and helpful. We had French Onion Dumplings to start with - they were like a deconstructed onion soup and, although fried, were light and tasty. We then each had a Goat side salad which was delicious. My husband had the Pork belly entree with pretzel spaetzle - the pork was delicious but the spaetzle was just ok. I had the Scallops and cleaned my plate! We then shared the Cracked UP for dessert which was like a cookie wedge. It was rich but yummy - we were very glad we shared a piece. We left the restaurant full but had no regrets.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful day to eat out today!ConcertVIPDined on 9/19/2014We enjoyed taking a friend to dine at this lovely restaurant. Different menuSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pleased out-of-townersOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/17/2014Gram & Dun was definitely the highlight of our business trip. Server was extremely knowledgeable and super friendly. Couldn't have asked for a better dining experience. Very highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our FavoritedunloveitDined on 9/14/2014Our 24 year old son could have chosen any restaurant in the city to celebrate his birthday, but he chose Gram and Dun. Nothing is better than sitting on the patio having an interesting cocktail or unusual entry. It's always an exciting adventure at Gram and Dun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Declining in qualityOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/13/2014G&D was one of our favorites. Haven't been in a while. Feels very different. Not the same energy around the food. Everything seemed kinda blah.Special Features:
- Friendly and vibrant settingLuckyDined on 9/13/2014We enjoyed our early dinner. We were seated at a roomy booth where we could talk comfortably. The service was spot-on and the food was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great mealHungryKCDined on 9/12/2014This is one of our favorite spots. Great comfort food. The service was great. They really do a nice job at updating their menu.Special Features:
- see belowloviingitDined on 9/12/2014Once it filled up it was pretty noisy , But wait staff hustled food was served hot & was deliciousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noisy!czechchickVIPDined on 9/11/2014Great spot, great, creative food. Noise level is for the 20's crowd, unbearable. What a shame...Special Features:
- Great Spot...OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/11/2014For business, friends, romance, and out night with a group. Highly recommend the pig wings and the malbec.Special Features:
- Great foodAnnieVIPDined on 9/10/2014All four of us loved our meals. What a fun spot with a great patio!Special Features:
- Amazing Brunch!PatrickkcVIPDined on 9/7/2014This becoming my favorite brunch spot on the plaza! Great food, amazing service & will return! Try the moneky bread for brunch FYI super yum!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not very impressedFoodieDined on 9/6/2014The service was excellent but the food nothing great. Do not order the sausage appetizer. Pretty disgusting with the Marrow bone and mushy sausage. I had the hanger steak. Ok but not very flavorful. My friend had the scallops and it was just OK. he felt there was not enough to eat. Although this place seems to be the IN place to be and be seen, I don't think I will be going back. Also thought it was overpriced for what you got. My friend had 2 glasses of wine and I had 1 cozmo and the bill was over $100 before tip.Special Features:
- Way too noisyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014Not the place to go for a romantic dinner. The open patio caused so much noise that my date got a headache. If they partitioned off the back half of the seating it would at least have one quiet area. The food was excellent but difficult to enjoy as people walking by my seat continued to bump into me. The night club bar emphasis took away from the dining experience. The bridal parties entrance and seating in the dining area did not help.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth the moneybeerloverDined on 9/6/2014We were seated promptly in a booth/chair combo table that was exposed to all the hustle and bustle of the restaurant. Once sat, we were told our server would be right with us, but we waited almost 10 minutes for her. We ordered the grilled rosemary sourdough to start, and it was to charred that it was not enjoyable. We wanted to ask for a new portion, but our server never came by to check on us. For dinner we order the burger and the salmon, and shared plates. The burger and fries were good. The salmon was cooked well, but lack seasoning, and the sides were terrible. We wanted to order dessert, but we sat with empty beers waiting for the waitress for so long, that we decided to not risk being disappointed, and asked for the check.Special Features:
- Thank YousstarrVIPDined on 9/6/2014Gram & Dunn has a beautiful restaurant, patio and bar. It really is a great spot to for families, parties and romance. The beer selection is terrific. There are frequently new menu items, but they also stick with their winners. We always have wonderful service.Special Features:
- Amazing server.ChaurenDined on 9/1/2014Was there for anniversary. Great scenery great atmosphere. Was also given a free dessert from management on their own behalf. Very enjoyable. We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- it's okOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014Nice to have different selections, but the flavor was just avg.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really Nice EveningLJohnsonDined on 8/31/2014We got a reservation for Sunday evening of Labor Day weekend. We greeted by hostess and seated in a nice booth facing the windows. Our waiter Bobby was super friendly and helpful. we ordered a bottle of nice Pinot Noir, had the muscles as an appetizer. They were perfectly cooked and served with a 1/4 loaf of sourdough bread. My husband ordered the shrimp and grits and I got the flatiron steak. My steak was cooked exactly how I like it and the shrimp and grits were stellar. My husband can't eat sugar and Bobby was so great about getting us a fresh berry dessert. I got the vanilla bean gelato. The food was great, the service was great, and the atmosphere was great! Thanks so much for a great dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner bdayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014Celebrated my husband's birthday with dinner. Chicken and waffles were delicious as was the fondue. Wish we had saved room for dessert!Special Features:
- Classy GastropubGastroguyDined on 8/28/2014My wife and I were in town for our Anniversary and wanted to do something other than the usual Plaza fare. The food and service were excellent, with some real unique dishes! Great place for foodies.Special Features:
- Always goodOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/27/2014Food is different, but good. Drinks are unique. Atmosphere is alway a great place inside or outside.Special Features:
- Terrific evening with friendsProspectHillDined on 8/26/2014We had a wonderful meal with friends, attentive service, unique menu, delicious entrees, and warm ambiance. I would definitely recommend!Special Features:
- Amazing Experience Again and AgainAmazingDined on 8/23/2014From the moment you walk in and see the incredible ambiance, hear the lively rythym and experience the great service you know you're in for a treat. Servers are always A+ and the menu is out of this world. Nothing ordinary here, but amazing yes. Things you'd never even dream about combining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great menu and fast service!pdwaxDined on 8/23/2014We had a wonderful meal here. The atmosphere is sophisticated but welcoming. We dined inside to beat the heat. Fun drink menu. The Ginger Rogers is a favorite. Great choice of appetizers and salads, especially the Jackson. Loved the Crack pie for dessert. Definitely will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/22/2014I don't usually go to restaurants on the Plaza; I let the tourists enjoy them. However, a friend wanted to meet on the Plaza, so I selected Gram & Dun since it is locally owned. From the moment I walked it, I was treated to excellent service. The hostess, the server, the food runner, every staff member I came in contact with, was pleasant and acted like they were happy to see me! They were not just going through the motions. My friend and I split the hanger steak which was wonderful and cooked perfectly. And we didn't get and eye rolling from the server for splitting a meal. Every aspect of our experience was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tom and TerriKCcoupleDined on 8/20/2014The food was great and the service from Cecilia was awesome. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 8/17/2014What a great brunch find! I'm bummed we never tried this place before now! Super hip but comfortable, beautiful decor, awesome menu and service. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TCTChapDined on 8/16/2014A lot of interesting options on the menu. Decided on the burnt ends and Mac and cheese. Not bad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AbigailAbigailDined on 8/16/2014The service was outstanding! Server was very knowledgeable on menu items and ingredients plus extensive knowledge on the wines offered. He made the entire evening even so much better. Noise level made conversation a bit difficult at times. Will definitely return but not on a weekend night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/11/2014We were here for dinner after a business meeting. the food was great and the waiter was very attentive and personable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What A Treat!SH514Dined on 8/7/2014Loaded Baked Potato Gnocchi and heirloom tomato salad, delicious New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc and the outdoor breeze made this Thursday lunch feel like a micro vacation, right in the middle of the work day. This was not my first time at G&D, not will it be my last.Special Features:
- Fun Times...Great food!7GalsfromNEDined on 8/6/2014This was the perfect spot for an ending to a busy two days of work. Loved the food and the service was great!Special Features:
- Fantastic!ChapDaddyDined on 8/6/2014Gary our server was very knowledgeable and the chef, Brad I think. The chef, came out to the table and talked with us about their utilization of local k.c. products, and produce in some specials. Kurbaums tomato salad was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Late lunch:fun feast!Food4thoughtDined on 8/5/2014Our group of seven made a 3:00 lunch a most festive occasion. All the food was shared by all and the waiter was most accommodating to our requests. Shrimp and grits, beer can chicken, Mac and cheese, and hanger steak were among the facorites.Special Features:
- Great restaurant!Marta72Dined on 8/2/2014The ambiance was fantastic and the food was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Gram & Dun ExperienceLuv2dineDined on 8/2/2014My friends and I were going to be in KC for the weekend for a bachelorette party. I was doing some research on good places to eat and came across Gram & Dun! The four of us had an excellent experience. The service and food were phenomenal! They kept it a little too dim during dinner for our liking, but the good things about the restaurant outweighed that. I would definitely recommend this restaurant to anyone (including goodies)!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unbelievable Food and ServiceBrianVIPDined on 8/2/2014We brought family from out of town to Gram and Dun for dinner since it's one of our favorite local places. We had a reservation but it was a gorgeous summer day and the patio was packed. The staff had a few miscues on timing to seat us and bring our food, but the response to these incidents showed they are true professionals. Our comfort and enjoyment were a real priority. We should have walked away disappointed, but Chris turned the evening into an awesome experience for all of us. I've rarely felt so well taken care of at a busy restaurant. As always, the food was phenomenal, as were the specialty cocktails. We've dined at many fine restaurants in KC and beyond... Gram and Dun is one of the best and keeps us coming back in all seasons!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique food, great service!SolCasaDined on 8/2/2014Our waiter, Chris H., was great! He knew the menu very well and had a fun personality. The food was fantastic! Lots of choices you won't find other places. We had a great time and will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Service Good Foodilike2eatDined on 8/2/2014The service was excellent. We ate inside, but the Patio area would be wonderful on a warm evening. The Meatball appetizer was wonderful. I plan to visit again because there were several items on the menu I want to try. Comfy casual setting, can be a little noisy when full. All in all another go to spot on the Plaza.Special Features: