Gram & Dun
600 Ward Parkway
Kansas City, MO 64112Neighborhood:
Plaza / Brookside
Gastro PubPrice: $30 and under
Gram & Dun
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://gramanddun.com/
- Phone: 8163892900x
- Hours of Operation:
Please visit our website for hours.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, Gastro Pub, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Bradley Gilmore/Nathan Nichols (Chef de Cuisine)
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Special Events: We do not accept online reservations for parties of 6 or more.
A word from Gram & Dun
Gram & Dun is an American gastropub with culinarily-driven fare, paying special attention to pairing food with libations. It's a place "for the people" where we can relax and enjoy the neighborhood vibe while we test theories of food, drink and the evolution of good times. People need a place that calls to them when they find the time to relax, shrug off the day, and savor a meal that's unique and extraordinary; a place where they feel they belong. Our local owners and staff bring a unique, modern environment to this ideal Plaza location where we have revived the best patio in town, making Gram & Dun an enticing landmark for locals and visitors alike. In addition, Gram & Dun honors the traditional by bringing revered dishes to the forefront and adding our own special touch, and welcomes seasonality by adjusting to the natural changes our tastes succumb to as the year progresses, all in an effort to provide the best to patrons. Gram & Dun: Kansas City's original gastropub.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Gram & Dun - Best Restaurants in Plaza / Brookside ›
Gram & Dun reviews from OpenTable diners
247 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (189)fit for foodies (150)hot spot (121)special occasion (99)good for groups (92)neighborhood gem (88)scenic view (68)great for lunch (66)vibrant bar scene (66)romantic (66)great for brunch (61)late-night find (31)notable wine list (30)kid-friendly (11)Show More
- A great spot for dinnerBruceTexasVIPDined on 10/20/2014I found Gram & Dunn an excellent spot for a late night Sunday meal. An interesting menu. Loved the Loaded Baked Potato gnocchi. I will return. The Gumbo was a nice spicy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous!Peg53Dined on 10/18/2014Went here to celebrate port-KC Marathon and it was perfect. Really great food and wonderful service. The fire-lit patio is lovely and overall the restaurant is beautiful. In the Plaza so very lively atmosphere. The burnt ends mac and cheese was to die for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best restaurant on the plazass109Dined on 10/18/2014I'm from out of town but visit KC a few times per year. I always make it a point to visit Gram and Dun because the food is great, they offer local flavors, and the service is always over the top.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and cocktails!AllisonCDined on 10/17/2014We enjoyed a great meal including some fantastic appetizers. Would definitely recommend the scallops and loaded baked potato gnocchi! Cocktails are unique and well made as well. A little noisy, but overall a great experience and would definitely return if back in KC!Special Features:
- mommyfoodieinkcDined on 10/17/2014Love this place. It is my go to when friends/Co - workers come into town. great food with an excellent bar menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/13/2014I travel to KC once a month for work and I make sure that I stop into Gram & Dun for dinner with my colleagues. We both love the atomosphere and enjoy the service. The food is great and the ambiance has become one of our very places to be when we visit KC.Special Features:
- wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014Already made reservations for the upcoming Holiday season.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a pleasure to eat at G&Dlaurelrose11Dined on 10/11/2014We love Gram & Dun; the food is consistently great, the service is nearly always good and they are in a great location. We've brought numerous people here and they all return on their own. I highly recommend the Asian Pig Wings. Overall, a delightful dining experience.Special Features:
- Awesome placeGoodAllAroundDined on 10/10/2014Good food, good service, good fun! Loved the bar - fantastic drink menu. Our server was on point the entire time. Every single recommendation he made was phenomenal. Some of the best food around. Not to be missed - the wings, the mac and cheese with burnt ends, and the chicken and waffles.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite KC spotJs4340Dined on 10/10/2014Service, food, and atmosphere is everything we want in a restaurant. Easily one of the top spots in KC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Took an out of town guestOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/9/2014Service was superb, venue is gorgeous, food was good! Love the Smoking Dun cocktail.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/9/2014Macaroni with burnt ends....sigh.....wonderful serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/8/2014We all licked our plates and experienced great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't miss it!!ofcgilVIPDined on 10/8/2014The food and service is one of the best in the city.This is a locally owned restaurant and they do everything right.The wait staff well informed and friendly.Food is outstanding,don't miss the onion dumplings and "Pig Wings"Great bar and patio setting along with signature drinks.Special Features:
- Only a few decent dishesOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/7/2014I specifically went to Gram and Dun to get the baked potato gnocchi but of course they were completely sold out and I had to pick another option. I chose the beef tenderloins and unfortunately, they were dry without much flavor. It seems as though they have a few specialty dishes that are spectacular but the rest of the menu is more of a filler. I must also note that you shouldn't come in later in the evening because they had run out of several main dishes, as well as, several desserts so my party was constantly having to change their orders and reorder items.Special Features:
- B Day partyMizzoufanVIPDined on 10/7/2014Celebrating a ab Day with out of town friends. Everything was exceptional! Glad we were outsine back bar area was wat to noisy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!KDee19Dined on 10/4/2014Previously had a lunch date at restaurant. Had to go back again with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mike144Dined on 10/4/2014There were 5 of us. We were seated in an area behind the bar, kind of a "back room," where we felt like we were missing out on the fun out front. But we had a great time anyway. My Beefeater martini, which I ordered "very dry, not dirty" came back dirty. Such a simple drink but bartenders get it wrong at least half the time. They quickly replaced it with a perfectly mixed one. But, the food ! . . . From the appetizer to the dessert, the food was out of this world! We got 5 different entrees and they were all fantastic. I strongly recommened the Asian Pig Wings appetizer. I will definitely be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- hit and missLindaDined on 10/4/2014We had six in our party and only two of us really enjoyed our dinner. The other four were disappointed and did not finish their meal.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceBeepBeep2011Dined on 10/3/2014I went here for my 12 year Anniversary, and the experience was good. I enjoyed the atmosphere, the food and the service! I will deffinately be retuningSpecial Features:
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/2/2014Our birthday party of five had an amazing dinner experience. The bartender was helpful, attentive and knowledgable about the variety of drinks our party enjoyed. Then our server delivered the same level of service as we peppered him with our questions regarding the menu. He was spot on with his recommendations. The food was amazing. Each of us ordered something different and we all loved every last bite so much that we could not bring ourselves to share with each other. We didn't think it could get any better until dessert arrived. It was hands down the best dessert we have had in KC this year. Everyone agreed that this is our new go to place.Special Features:
- okEnjoydiningout01Dined on 9/29/2014I think I ordered the wrong thing. Got the catfish, just okay. Had the blt Gnocchi, that was good and the other pasta it was good but nothing to get excited about. Service was ok, it just didn't do for me.Special Features:
- 1st wedding anniversaryBerberDined on 9/28/2014Went here for our 1st wedding anniversary since we were told it was more of a "special experience" place. The wine list was great, the restaurant was great, the food was just ok. Would recommend to a friend for something new and special, but we probably wont be coming back unless we come with more people.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the City's Top SpotsLukeDined on 9/28/2014Every time my wife and I dine at Gram and Dun, it has been impressive. The food and service is always excellent and the ambiance of dining on the riverfront is second to none. Already looking forward to the next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Brunch!BobbyVIPDined on 9/28/2014We had a group of 8, and open table only allowed 6. I made the reservation, and then called and adjusted up to 8. They had no issue, and had our table ready! It was a Sunday afternoon, service was prompt (great job Chris!!) on the ball, and the food was fabulous! Great job, as this is a great place... keep up the great work!Special Features:
- Hostess/serversClassyCocktailDined on 9/27/2014I really enjoy GD however the one thing that truly brings this dining experience to a low is the attitude of the hostesses and servers. I worked in the industry for 10 years and when not even one hostess can be bothered (there were 4) to acknowledge our arrival, it puts a sour feel to the dining experience. Lastly, my sister ordered a glass of champange and the server took it upon herself to pick a $17 glass... Doing things like this to raise the bill end up reflecting poorly on the restaurant and staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great evening with familyKCBluesAndFoodVIPDined on 9/21/2014My wife and I along with our daughter and son-in-law had dinner after the Art Fair. We were seated outdoors and the atmosphere was fantastic. Everything was delicious. I asked our waitperson to bring me a Sazerac cocktail. Best I've had including the ones I've had in New Orleans. My wife asked for a no alcohol cocktail and asked the waitperson to "make the call." Again a well made beverage.Special Features:
- excellent service and foodplazaeaterVIPDined on 9/20/2014Dined at there on a busy Sat night during the art fest. Seated right on time at a great table. Server Kalie was awesome, get recommendations and right amount of attention duting the meal. The shrimp and grits and burrata were wonderful. one of the better meals I've had in KC in a while. The patio scene was fun for people watchingSpecial Features:
- FantasticAgnes54Dined on 9/19/2014Tripadvisor had great reviews for Gram & Dun so my husband and I made a reservation and were very pleased. Our server, Sam, was attentive and helpful. We had French Onion Dumplings to start with - they were like a deconstructed onion soup and, although fried, were light and tasty. We then each had a Goat side salad which was delicious. My husband had the Pork belly entree with pretzel spaetzle - the pork was delicious but the spaetzle was just ok. I had the Scallops and cleaned my plate! We then shared the Cracked UP for dessert which was like a cookie wedge. It was rich but yummy - we were very glad we shared a piece. We left the restaurant full but had no regrets.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful day to eat out today!ConcertVIPDined on 9/19/2014We enjoyed taking a friend to dine at this lovely restaurant. Different menuSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pleased out-of-townerslilmegapoo02Dined on 9/17/2014Gram & Dun was definitely the highlight of our business trip. Server was extremely knowledgeable and super friendly. Couldn't have asked for a better dining experience. Very highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our FavoritedunloveitDined on 9/14/2014Our 24 year old son could have chosen any restaurant in the city to celebrate his birthday, but he chose Gram and Dun. Nothing is better than sitting on the patio having an interesting cocktail or unusual entry. It's always an exciting adventure at Gram and Dun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Declining in qualityOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/13/2014G&D was one of our favorites. Haven't been in a while. Feels very different. Not the same energy around the food. Everything seemed kinda blah.Special Features:
- Friendly and vibrant settingLuckyDined on 9/13/2014We enjoyed our early dinner. We were seated at a roomy booth where we could talk comfortably. The service was spot-on and the food was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great mealHungryKCDined on 9/12/2014This is one of our favorite spots. Great comfort food. The service was great. They really do a nice job at updating their menu.Special Features:
- see belowloviingitDined on 9/12/2014Once it filled up it was pretty noisy , But wait staff hustled food was served hot & was deliciousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noisy!czechchickVIPDined on 9/11/2014Great spot, great, creative food. Noise level is for the 20's crowd, unbearable. What a shame...Special Features:
- Great Spot...OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/11/2014For business, friends, romance, and out night with a group. Highly recommend the pig wings and the malbec.Special Features:
- Great foodAnnieVIPDined on 9/10/2014All four of us loved our meals. What a fun spot with a great patio!Special Features:
- Amazing Brunch!PatrickkcVIPDined on 9/7/2014This becoming my favorite brunch spot on the plaza! Great food, amazing service & will return! Try the moneky bread for brunch FYI super yum!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.