Gram & Dun
600 Ward Parkway
Kansas City, MO 64112Neighborhood:
Plaza / Brookside
Gastro PubPrice: $30 and under
Gram & Dun
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://gramanddun.com/
- Phone: (816) 389-2900
- Hours of Operation:
Please visit our website for hours.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, Gastro Pub, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Bradley Gilmore/Nathan Nichols (Chef de Cuisine)
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Special Events: We do not accept online reservations for parties of 6 or more.
A word from Gram & Dun
Gram & Dun is an American gastropub with culinarily-driven fare, paying special attention to pairing food with libations. It's a place "for the people" where we can relax and enjoy the neighborhood vibe while we test theories of food, drink and the evolution of good times. People need a place that calls to them when they find the time to relax, shrug off the day, and savor a meal that's unique and extraordinary; a place where they feel they belong. Our local owners and staff bring a unique, modern environment to this ideal Plaza location where we have revived the best patio in town, making Gram & Dun an enticing landmark for locals and visitors alike. In addition, Gram & Dun honors the traditional by bringing revered dishes to the forefront and adding our own special touch, and welcomes seasonality by adjusting to the natural changes our tastes succumb to as the year progresses, all in an effort to provide the best to patrons. Gram & Dun: Kansas City's original gastropub.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Gram & Dun - Best Restaurants in Plaza / Brookside ›
Gram & Dun reviews from OpenTable diners
243 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (175)fit for foodies (154)hot spot (123)neighborhood gem (97)special occasion (95)good for groups (93)vibrant bar scene (67)scenic view (67)romantic (66)great for lunch (66)great for brunch (53)notable wine list (34)late-night find (31)kid-friendly (9)Show More
- Great for a group & couplesOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 11/22/2014Definitely one of our favorite KC restaurants, we've returned more times than we can count. This occasion was a get together of long-time girl friends and it was the perfect atmosphere for that. Drinks and dessert was delicious and atmosphere was perfect. We had some trouble with the order of our food coming out and they couldn't honor the table request (which isn't ever guaranteed, I understand) but those issues aren't typical of here, so we will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great date nightTheIrishmanDined on 11/22/2014I had the hangar steak which was awesome. Highly recommend for a special occasion night out with that special someone or a group of friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food and Unobtrusive ServicescottsgirlDined on 11/22/2014We really enjoyed our first visit to Gram & Dun. The food was excellent and our waiter was attentive without being overbearing, something we don't encounter often enough. Our only complaint is the noise level makes it a little hard to carry on a conversation across the table. We will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great mealOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/19/2014Had the shrimp and grits, very good Great service and nice wine list. Will go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Must try - will not disappoint - EXCELLENT!CathyDined on 11/19/2014I have eaten here 6 times and they never fail to impress. Food is always spot on as is the service and wine. My go to place when I want a dining experience not just a meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- serviceklu0127Dined on 11/15/2014Excellent service from host, hostess and servers. We explained that we had tickets to the symphony at 8pm. They made sure our dinner (which was excellent - the server made great suggestions) was brought to us timely and notified the valet to bring our car as we were paying the bill so we did not have to wait in the cold.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Melissa FisherMfisherDined on 11/14/2014We celebrated a special bday here with a party of 6, had the most delicious entrees and drinks AND service. The only complaint is noixe level...difficult to hear due to nothing absorbs sound in the room we were in.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MsNGVIPDined on 11/8/2014Our first time at Gram & Dun. Great fine for food, wine, view and outdoor space. We have found a new great fine, will make it a regular stop.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesomekmlewis1015VIPDined on 11/8/2014We went to the restaurant not quite sure what to expect. We had heard that the reviews on service were mixed. Our service was nothing less than outstanding. Our server was very knowledgeable about the food and drink menu. We were well taken care of and not rushed through our dinner in the least. Our food was also outstanding. Would highly recommend the chicken and waffles and the tater tot! Thank for the great experience, G&D. We'll definitely be back soon.Special Features:
- Probably not worth the price.MichaelDined on 11/7/2014I expected the food and service to be a bit better given the price. Maybe just an off night.Special Features:
- Late Dinner on the PlazaBruceTexasVIPDined on 11/6/2014After a late plane into KC headed for the Plaza for dinner. We selected Gumbo and Pork Chop with Cheese Grits. Both dishes were very good.Special Features:
- Consistently excellentJankcDined on 11/6/2014This is the third time I've eaten here and the food and service have been excellent. My problem is that I have difficulties deciding what to order from the menu since everything sounds like a dish I'd like to try at least once. The duck fries are wonderful. If you're a fan of mushrooms, you've got to try The Local Mushroom sandwich. It is truly on one of a kind. Can't wait to have an excuse to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/5/2014Nice dining experience. Food was very good. Pork chop was huge but delicious and very juicy. Shrimp and Grits were also great. Would highly recommend this as a great find in Country Club Plaza. Reservations are a must.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Outdoor Space!kdubDined on 11/5/2014Our great November weather helped, but had dinner in the patio this week and it was awesome. Plenty of heaters to keep off the chil and the views were great too! BTW the food was great as always.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- papavcDined on 11/3/2014Great service and food. Good selection and good reccomendationsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great brunchrezzie2Dined on 11/2/2014Our family was visiting Kansas City and Gram & Dun was recommended to us fire brunch. What a great recommendation. The food was amazing! The service was outstanding and the bloody Mary's were yummy. I would highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Suburb experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014Excellent food, excellent service. Dane made our experience over-the-top. From wine choices, entree recommendations, ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/26/2014Having brunch with friends - one in our party had a health issue - had to leave abruptly - server handled it very professionally - very impressed.Special Features:
- best place in KCconferencefoodieDined on 10/24/2014This was the first place we dined at in kansas city. The ambiance was beautiful, the food amazing, and the service exceptional. We will go back again before we leave.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Warm night on the Plazanorthof60Dined on 10/24/2014A great night on the Plaza outdoors, with fire, warm weather on the Royals on TV at the World Series. The staff was great as was the food and wine.Special Features:
- Great for date nightLuv2CookDined on 10/24/2014We met another couple for dinner on Friday night. Our reservation was for 6:45 and we were seated by 6:55. Our server was very friendly, professional and on top of our needs. The Asian Pig Wings are a favorite. The Chicken Roulade was beautifully plated, but a little "meh" - probably won't order that again. The Red Snapper appeared to be quite tasty (and not a single bite was left). The Burnt End Grilled Cheese is really popular, but we're not sure why. It's also a so-so dish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great date night; too loudactuallymrjDined on 10/24/2014We chose to go here for a first date. The waiter was very pushy in driving us towards ordering things that we did not want, as well as frequently interrupting us during dinner. For such a classy place it was way too loud, we were practically lip reading all night trying to hear what each other were saying. Food was astronomical, though. Would recommend this place, but only if the noise level could be contained and the wait staff taught to be more discrete. Price was categorized as $$, but things were definitely in the mid to upper $$$ range. To top it all off, we were charged for another table's meal.Special Features:
- Great service and food!KCnewbieDined on 10/24/2014Went for boyfriend bday dinner and were not disappointed. Our server, Jorge, was very attentive and knowledgeable about the menu. He made great recommendations based on how much my bf likes to eat! The only "negative": we ordered the croque monsuier fondue and it was very good... could have been spectacular, though, if the ham was a bit less salty. About $80 for two beers, appetizer, seafood entree, salad entree, and a dessert to split. I was impressed and so was my boyfriend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great late night mealchasletsumVIPDined on 10/23/2014Stopped by for dinner after a concert. Ate outside by firelight so great ambience. Meals included gnocchi, burnt ends mac and cheese, kashi and all were amazing! Chef came by to visit, gave us a tasting of goat cheese - yum. Cracked Up dessert HIGHLY recommended, hated to share. All in all, an amazing meal so high recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great outdoor vibeMollDined on 10/21/2014Have eaten here a handful of times. The food is always good the service great. We enjoy the outdoor areaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great spot for dinnerBruceTexasVIPDined on 10/20/2014I found Gram & Dunn an excellent spot for a late night Sunday meal. An interesting menu. Loved the Loaded Baked Potato gnocchi. I will return. The Gumbo was a nice spicy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous!Peg53Dined on 10/18/2014Went here to celebrate port-KC Marathon and it was perfect. Really great food and wonderful service. The fire-lit patio is lovely and overall the restaurant is beautiful. In the Plaza so very lively atmosphere. The burnt ends mac and cheese was to die for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best restaurant on the plazass109Dined on 10/18/2014I'm from out of town but visit KC a few times per year. I always make it a point to visit Gram and Dun because the food is great, they offer local flavors, and the service is always over the top.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun place with wonderful food!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/17/2014We had a table of 7, it was my daughter's 21st birthday. The service was great and the food was better!!! We all had different dishes, one of the diner's cannot have gluten. They did not disappoint!!!Special Features:
- Great food and cocktails!AllisonCDined on 10/17/2014We enjoyed a great meal including some fantastic appetizers. Would definitely recommend the scallops and loaded baked potato gnocchi! Cocktails are unique and well made as well. A little noisy, but overall a great experience and would definitely return if back in KC!Special Features:
- mommyfoodieinkcDined on 10/17/2014Love this place. It is my go to when friends/Co - workers come into town. great food with an excellent bar menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/13/2014I travel to KC once a month for work and I make sure that I stop into Gram & Dun for dinner with my colleagues. We both love the atomosphere and enjoy the service. The food is great and the ambiance has become one of our very places to be when we visit KC.Special Features:
- wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014Already made reservations for the upcoming Holiday season.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a pleasure to eat at G&Dlaurelrose11Dined on 10/11/2014We love Gram & Dun; the food is consistently great, the service is nearly always good and they are in a great location. We've brought numerous people here and they all return on their own. I highly recommend the Asian Pig Wings. Overall, a delightful dining experience.Special Features:
- Awesome placeGoodAllAroundDined on 10/10/2014Good food, good service, good fun! Loved the bar - fantastic drink menu. Our server was on point the entire time. Every single recommendation he made was phenomenal. Some of the best food around. Not to be missed - the wings, the mac and cheese with burnt ends, and the chicken and waffles.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite KC spotJs4340Dined on 10/10/2014Service, food, and atmosphere is everything we want in a restaurant. Easily one of the top spots in KC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Took an out of town guestOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/9/2014Service was superb, venue is gorgeous, food was good! Love the Smoking Dun cocktail.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/9/2014Macaroni with burnt ends....sigh.....wonderful serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/8/2014We all licked our plates and experienced great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't miss it!!ofcgilVIPDined on 10/8/2014The food and service is one of the best in the city.This is a locally owned restaurant and they do everything right.The wait staff well informed and friendly.Food is outstanding,don't miss the onion dumplings and "Pig Wings"Great bar and patio setting along with signature drinks.Special Features: