Grain - Hilton Park Cities
5954 Luther Ln
Dallas, TX 75225Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $30 and under
Grain - Hilton Park Cities
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.grainrestaurantandbar.com/
- Phone: 2143680400x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 6:30am-10:30am
Saturday: 7:00am - 11:00am
Monday - Saturday: 11:00am -2:00pm
Sunday - Wednesday: 6:00pm -10:00pm
Friday - Saturday: 6:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: James Music
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Grain - Hilton Park Cities
An authentic, contemporary, cowboy chic design providing a familiar and comfortable dining experience focusing on fresh and local produce, seasonal ingredients, and Texas Cuisine with an innovative approach.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Grain - Hilton Park Cities reviews from OpenTable diners
15 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance3.5Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (3)neighborhood gem (3)romantic (2)great for outdoor dining (2)kid-friendly (2)great for lunch (2)good for groups (2)special occasion (2)great for brunch (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- DisappointedreallyVIPDined on 8/19/2014Grain appears to be the buffet breakfast place as well as the dinner place for this Hilton location. Restaurant week menu was a true disappointment. The heirloom tomato salad touted basil but it arrived as mealy tomatoes topped with baby spinach. The born & braised' short ribs came with tobacco fried 1015 hash and farm to table vegetables (sliced squash). While pretty good in flavor the ribs were a bit dry. The dessert duo of apple pie (tartlet) and fried bread pudding was just ok. The bread pudding needed more of the anglaise and the tartlet didn't appear to have any pecans in the crumble. Our waiter, Bert, was very pleasant and knowledgeable about wines. He was however, the only waiter, which caused some backup later in the evening.
- Food good service horribleTheaDined on 8/14/2014Friends and I from Ft Worth went to Grain for the first time on a Thursday night and was very disappointed. The valet service was quite slow, even though I was their only client. Once inside there was only one other table occupied but it took the waiter almost fifteen minutes to take our drink order. We gave him the order, he disappeared for an extended period, then when I asked about our drink - he replied that he forgot to put the ticket in. After another extended wait he did bring our beverages. Our meal took more than a half hour to be served. No bread was even offered until well after we had started our entree. Our reservation was for 7:00 PM ( however, we were there by 6:30 PM), it was 9:35 PM before we were completly served.
- A menu to discoverreddenlawVIPDined on 8/12/2014Locals rarely think of hotels when looking for dining gems, but visitors shouldn't be the only ones to discover Grain at the Park Cities Hilton. The new menu has some outstandng players: the luscious Heirloom tomato and mozzarella salad, short ribs entree and acompanying onion hash, and perfectly grilled fish among them. And how can you go wrong with bread pudding or made-fresh, in-house apple pie with melt-in-your-mouth crust for dessert. Especially when it all comes with polished and knowledgeable service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Grain fed great food at GrainTexascastleDined on 7/25/2014Ate at Grain tonight. Great food. I had the Filet and my wife had the Short Ribs. This place was not packed, so my wife and i got to chat, without yelling at each other. Paul took great care of us, and Chef James checked on us regularly to make sure that the food was to our liking. It was excellent. We had a great evening and will be back. The 1015 Onion strings were crisp and tasty, the steak was medium rare as requested - tender, and flavorful, and the organic Texas mushrooms were a great complement with the steak. My wife's short rib was melt in your mouth tender and tasty. Yes, it is a Hotel restaurant, and Yes it isn't downtown, and Yes we thought it is really good.Special Features:
- Peaceful & QuietTomball2Dined on 7/2/2014Met a Co-Worker there for lunch and was very impressedSpecial Features:
- Disappointing!Jrthom123Dined on 6/15/2014We made reservations for Father's Day Brunch here and were really disappointed. The food was average at best but the service was awful!! There were only about 3 other tables of customers so it wasn't busy, yet the waiters were so slow and never checked back or asked if they could get us anything else. The manager was just walking around looking clueless. Then... They brought the bill with the tip automatically added on!!! Ridiculous for the service we got. Will not be going back!!Special Features:
- DisappointedAtoGDined on 6/15/2014We went for Father's Day brunch. We waited several minutes for the vallet to park. We waited for the waiters next, then we waited almost an hour for our food to arrive after ordering even though there were only two other parties in the entire restaurant. When my food finally came it did not fit the description in the menu at all. They were very nice, and switched it out for a different entrée, but by the time we were done it has been almost 3 hours, the kids were unhappy, and so were the adults. The serving staff is nice, albeit very inefficient.Special Features:
- Very DisappointingMeetingDined on 5/18/2014Service was pretty slow. Food was overpriced. Overall very disappointing. The hotel is nice so we decided to just stay at the restaurant for our meeting and dinner. However after our experience I wish we had gone somewhere else.
- Grain or not to GrainConnoiseurofCuisine60Dined on 5/17/2014Valet needs better direction.Hostess was nice and seated us promptly. Our waiter Paul was young a little inexperienced, but made up for it with his personality. Our salads and vegetables were the best part of the meal. Presentation wise, portion and flavor was definitely on the scene. Main courses: Braised Short Ribs and Blackened Red Fish. Ribs were tough and under-seasoned, and just a few bites were eaten. Drowned them in Lea & Perrins and taken home. The Red Fish was cooked and seasoned very well and the portion size was more than adequate. I cannot say enough about how well the brussel sprouts, 5 cheese mac, roasted root vegetables and cream corn was... amazing. Chef James was awesome. Desserts need much work. Derrick needs a new careerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 27 reviews are from the Grain - Hilton Park Cities reviews archive.
- Extrememly Disappointing!!MichDined on 4/20/2014We went there this past Sunday with a friend for Easter Brunch expecting a pretty decent buffet. We were shocked at the incredibly poor quality of the food! I would list the problems item by item but just don't have that kind of time. I will say that you could build a house with the mashed potatoes they served for they were like cement. I even felt the need to apologize to our friend for bringing him there. I was very tempted to ask for our money back but decided in the Easter spirit not to. I do have to say that the waitstaff was pretty friendly. Absolutely NOT worth the money we spent!!!!
- Great BrunchXmasEveDinnerDined on 4/20/2014The food was really good they had a large selection and was well prepared and they kept up with restocking the selection's. The service was spot on they came around as needed and weren't in the way. The only drawback was the valet parking. First not enough room for cars pulling in plus they appeared to be short handed. Then when ready to leave had to wait about 10 minutes for the car and had to walk out to the street to get in. Otherwise it was great we are considering it for next Easter brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice!0zwoDined on 2/14/2014I was pleased with our choice. Guys take your wives!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent First Time ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 2/7/2014We dined at GRAIN for the first time and loved it. This place truley is a gem in the neighborhood. For a Friday evening it was just right. The bar was vibrant and the dinning room was perfect, almost romantic. The food is wonderful and Paul, our server was amazing. Derrick, the restaurant manager has done a great job with the wine list and cocktail menu. If you haven't tried GRAIN you absolutely must!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a typical hotel experienceFoodie4lifeDined on 2/2/2014I sat in the dining room. It seemed as though the place had recently been renovated. And it had just over a year ago according to my server. I’m a seafood fanatic, so I ordered the scallops as an appetizer and the blackened redfish. The scallops were perfectly cooked, on a mound of creamy cheese grits with bacon. The redfish had a cream sauce with corn and Andouille sausage, but no side. I kind of thought it was odd for an entree to come without a side. However, it was fantastic. It had a ton flavor. And the scallops were such an ample portion I didn't need a side. I was stuffed. Service was quick and efficient. . Even the manager stopped by and chatted. I felt invited and welcomed. . Good for them. I will certainly be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Christmas Day Dinner DisappointmentWR36Dined on 12/25/2013First time at Grain, table for 8, went to Grain the week ahead to "check it out", let maitre'd/mgr know we'd arrive by limo (Christmas Lights tour) want to be in&out within an hr&half. We arrived for 7:00pm reservation; only 5 other parties (2-5 people each) dining at the same time. 8:15 PM: having finished ONE of 4 courses (salad; and still no wine delivered), I went looking for help (again!!). Thankfully, Chris in the bar took charge: expedited our soup & entree courses, oversaw the dessert course packed "to go" (no time to enjoy on-site). A very irritated family agreed the food was delicious; but, restaurant service was deplorable (too much to fit here). If not for Chris, we might have walked out.
- First time at The GrainGigiDined on 11/23/2013I made early reservations (6:45) but noticed that we were the only people dining there. We asked about this and were told that previous nights were filled. Drinks were offered and I found them to be just ok..kinda pricey! The crab cakes were ok but the onion soup was very good on this cold night. Our steaks were great but not too impressed with the potato and mac and cheese sides. Just ok.. No dessert menu but we were given the choices of carrot cake, chocolate cake, Could have been the frozen kind. Not good!!!! Although the service was good and our food was promptly served, the bar seemed to be the place to be...not the dining room. I made advance reservations but we could have easily walked in off the street and had the same seating.
- Left a little to be desiredToneDined on 9/25/2013Overall the experience was not as good as it could have been. We ordered our steak medium well and it was really medium rare to the point that my husband didn't eat his. The music was nice and the table and chairs were comfortable but it just wasn't enough for us to go back when you consider the number of restaurants you had to choose from.
- Great night out at GrainMjwvillDined on 8/22/2013We had a very nice, quiet mid-week early dinner at Grain. the steak was wonderful, and the service was efficient and nonintrusive.Special Features:
- Great BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/4/2013We enjoyed our brunch experience very much. The buffet was kept stocked with wonderful foods. The Eggs Benedict was outstanding and the pulled pork was to die for. There were lots of fresh fruit and meats and various breakfast and lunch items to choose from. The dining room was not too crowded and everything was very nice. No complaints at all. I would recommend this brunch for anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very good. liked the quietguestVIPDined on 6/25/2013very good. liked the quiet atmosphere at back. if you are too close to the bar, it can get loud.
- Great Sunday Brunch... WIDEOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/14/2013Great Sunday Brunch... WIDE Variety of items.. ALL GREATSpecial Features:
- The food was good, but serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/7/2013The food was good, but service was not very attentive. Basically, the wait staff would disappear.
- I took my family there forOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/16/2013I took my family there for Valentine's Day because I wanted them to experience a "fancy" resturant for themselves. One of the best decisions that I made. The resturant was beautiful, the staff was friendly and welcoming. I would most definetly go again. I even witness someone propose. It was just magical.Special Features:
- Very disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013I made a reservation at Grain for Valentine's Day dinner. The dinner for two included appetizers, entrees, and deserts as well as a bottle of champagne. The service was incredibly slow and disorganized. The dinner, which I expected to last an hour or hour and a half, took two and a half hours. Three courses, two and a half hours! The appetizers (crab cakes) were very good. My wife and I ordered the filet cooked medium as entrees. Both steaks were served very rare. The deserts, while plated well, were more fitting of a buffet. The combination of disorganized wait staff, incredibly slow service, and disappointing food preparation will guarantee our first visit to Grain will also be our last.
- Went for dinner for Valentine'sEmi25Dined on 2/14/2013Went for dinner for Valentine's Day with a friend and he could not stop raving about the food and service. The steaks were cooked perfectly and the crab cakes were amazing, probably one of the best I have ever had. Our server was great and knowledgeable. Great decor and ambiance.Special Features:
- Not what we expected......JoeynTomDined on 1/25/2013In my opinion, the lights were too bright .......the room did not feel "warm" The food was good, not outstanding. The service was impeccable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Special Features:
- OKAYnycfoodieVIPDined on 1/7/2013The service was superior. Nothing special about the food, though. The hotel valet was very RUDE.
- I took my wife for her birthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/4/2013I took my wife for her birthday on 1/4/2012. We had a great time. The crabcakes were awesome. Our waiter, Raphael, was excellent in catering to us. I read the previous reviews about the noise levels but it seems that that was the holiday traffic(company parties). We were the only ones on a Friday evening at 7.30pm. I joked with my wife that we were seniors now. By the time we left at 9.30pm, we were still the only ones except for the few people watching the Aggie/Sooners match at the bar (quiet).Special Features:
- Give it a try!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/29/2012We had a wonderful experience at Grain. This restaurant is relatively new, but is a gem waiting to be found for someone seeking a great dining experience. Great wait staff, and the chef came to our table personally. I would highly recommend it.Special Features:
- Good food, not for Special occasionOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/25/2012We went to Grain for Christmas brunch. Due to the volume of people they were trying to serve, they hosted the brunch in a banquet room... The room had no windows, very drab decor, a more than too packed seating arrangement,and a confused staff of table service.... The experience was a bit less than good, alright would probably sum it up... However, the food was excellent and we look forward to visiting the main area of Grain...which we thought we were going to.Special Features:
- Cannot fairly review on apeachesbockVIPDined on 12/25/2012Cannot fairly review on a holiday buffet. The food was good, the ambiance was a huge open room full of people. The tables were too small as the legs were too close together for most normally sized people. The wait staff was good and on the ball. Will have to try again when the setting is "normal."
- The food was excellent butOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/25/2012The food was excellent but we were seated at a small table for three where our legs and feet could not go underneath the table for two out of the three of us. We tried moving the table to accommodate us better, this shouldn't have happened. Please check the tables to accommodate your guest in the future. Also the service was a bit slow, they'd ask to refill our drinks and forget. Think they have some small kinks to work out. Otherwise the food was all very delicious !Special Features:
- We celebrated our 13th weddingWhatupVIPDined on 12/24/2012We celebrated our 13th wedding anniversary on Christmas Eve at Grain & cannot imagine a more wonderful time or place. We were made to feel like royalty with EVERYONE, including the Manager, stopping by several times to make sure everything was perfect & to congratulate us! Cannot wait to try their Sunday brunch. It sounds fantastic, too!Special Features:
- So much potentialFoodieDined on 12/20/2012I was so excited to try some place new. I think it's still a little too new. We were practically the only people in the restaurant and we were there for what seemed like FOREVER. I don't think the waiter was particularly slow but the kitchen was what was and the distance from the restaurant to the kitchen didn't help matters. It was a cold day and the place was cold (very modern decor)and so it was just disappointing. Food was only okay everything seemed very salty and not very hot. Can't recommend you try it. Don't know that I'll give it another shot.
- Great food, Great service!MarkMVIPDined on 12/2/2012Food was excellent, service was great, just a wonderful dining experience. Great steak without that "steak-house" atmosphere.Special Features:
- This is ok, maybe we expectedldaschaVIPDined on 11/15/2012This is ok, maybe we expected a little more with the reputation and the marketing, but it is an average hotel restaurant.