Graham's at Squaw Valley
1650 Squaw Valley Rd
Olympic Valley, CA 96146Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $30 and under
Graham's at Squaw Valley
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.dinewine.com/index.html
- Phone: (530) 581-0454
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: 5:00pm-11:00pm Bar Dining
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian, Mediterranean, French
- Executive Chef: Graham Rock
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Graham's at Squaw Valley
In business for 21 years, Graham's is located in the historical Poulsen family home. Built in 1946, Sandy and Wayne raised 8 children here. Their home now is our restaurant and also the Christy Lodge which has 6 hotel rooms. Just minutes away from all of the activities in Squaw Valley, Graham's has been a favorite Apres Ski and Dinner House to locals and tourists alike. Summertime means bocce ball with Hor's D'oeuvres and cocktails before dinner on our heated patio with spectacular views of the mountain peaks. Winter time is the time to enjoy the warmth and cozy ambiance of a true mountain lodge, open wood burning fireplaces, vaulted ceilings create a unique Tahoe experience. Graham's also has an active bar scene with full menu dining at the bar. Award winning wine list with 450 selections. Menu changes weekly with a good selection of fresh seafood, great steaks and house specials such as seafood chowder, cheese fondue, duck cassoulet, osso bocco and tarte tatin for dessert.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Graham's at Squaw Valley reviews from OpenTable diners
16 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelQuiet
fit for foodies (9)notable wine list (9)neighborhood gem (8)special occasion (8)romantic (7)good for groups (3)kid-friendly (2)scenic view (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Sadly, we're done with Graham'sOrindaCAVIPDined on 10/24/2014One of the oldest in Squaw Valley, the menu is old European that never changes. Sadly, the kitchen has sunk to near pitiful standards. Everyone is very friendly, but no-one is paying any attention to the food preparation. Our meal for 2 to cost over $225! My husband didn't eat his duck breast as it was not seared properly, soggy and appeared on the plate like it was steamed...too late to fix because they never asked how it was until "dinner was over". Coming here for many years and the slide downward has been consistent. Didn't offer to remove it from the bill. NO-ONE is remotely paying attention here. One should never ever charge a guest for a meal they didn't like or worse, was poorly prepared. I'm sorry...that's just wrong.
- Great-tasting Dinner!BonSDined on 10/17/2014Very cute inside and we sat next to the fireplace, which was wonderful. The calamari Genovese was light and lemony, and the seafood chowder was to die for! So full of seafood in a rich, creamy bisque. The mixed green salad was also excellent; for our entrees we had Buffalo rib eye with the horseradish sauce and the Elk chop with lingonberry sauce. Both were cooked perfectly, medium rare! My only complaint was that our server, an older gentleman, who was very knowledgeable and friendly at first, disappeared after our meal came, we never saw him again and was then only served and waited upon by the bus boy, who was also very courteous, but we thought it very strange to not have any more contact with the original server.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Grand Slam at Graham'sDishDined on 10/4/2014Graham's is by far the best restaurant in the Squaw Valley/ Lake Tahoe area. Graham is the consummate host, welcoming and personable, as is the ambience of the restaurant, making it a favorite with the locals. Four of us had dishes of quail, sea bass, chicken and salmon, all prepared perfectly and innovatively. The wine list was extensive and desserts were wonderful. As an added comment, Graham's catered our lakeside 50th anniversary party for 70 people, and it was fabulous. Graham left no detail to chance, and was there the whole evening, charming our guests, making sure all went smoothly. Graham's is our favorite in the area, and will be your favorite too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a great surprise!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/27/2014I am a bit of a foodie...and this place hit the spot. Great staff, food and the wine that was chosen for us was spot on. Met the owner Graham..what an added bonus!Special Features:
- Bad Meal...JaydeeDined on 9/25/2014Worst meal in a very long time, grumpy server, chalky, pasty appetizer (Asparagus Strudel) with a canned sauce, entree (Filet) was cooked correctly but horribly under-seasoned, medley of frozen vegetables and instant mashed potatoes. I'm not going back....
- Best dining in Olympic ValleySquawskiergrlDined on 9/25/2014Graham's is Olympic Valley's gem restaurant. The service, setting and food is top notch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fancy Placemusicmp2003Dined on 8/20/2014While it was on the pricey side, we enjoyed every bite!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous hostAnydDined on 8/5/2014Went here with the kids on a whim and had a fine meal ... and one of my girls left her bag at the restaurant. Graham called me 15 mins later and when I went back to get it, offered me a cognac and we had a very pleasant long chat (both Brits). Would happily recommend this to anyone stopping by Squaw :-)Special Features:
- The BestOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/2/2014We LOVE this place! Very special! the food is amazing, and the staff feels like family serving you a great meal. Amazing!Special Features:
- The following 60 reviews are from the Graham's at Squaw Valley reviews archive.
- A complete dining experienceJeffDined on 7/20/2014You cannot go wrong at Graham's. From the wine to dessert the food was great and the service relaxed and professional. Graham and his wine expert both took the time to chat with us. The younger people in my party were surprised and delighted that they paid us so much attention.Special Features:
- Great food & servicelawyeretteDined on 7/10/2014We've enjoyed Graham's every time we've been. The service is great and the food is delicious with generous portion sizes. The wine list is crazy extensive and you can get a good bottle at $40 or $400 depending on your preference. This is an original and locally owned and operated business, we love supporting them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceeded expectations!PacPaldinerDined on 7/10/2014If you're in the Squaw Valley area, this restaurant is a real gem that shouldn't be missed. Lovely relaxed ambience with attentive service. Friendly owner. Excellent food and wine. We had a thoroughly enjoyable meal.Special Features:
- Fine Dining & Great Atmosphereabarrett227Dined on 6/29/20143 friends and I had a great dinner at Graham's. The wine list was robust, the Zin we chose with the staff's recommendation was excellent, they even decanted it at the table. Among us, we chose the buffalo ribeye, the elk chop, and a filet mignon special, all were excellent. The caprese salad was also good, the tomatoes were perfect. The desserts afterward were decadent. To top our evening off, we enjoyed the fine company of Graham and some locals with an after dinner drink in the bar. No question, I will return here next time I am in Squaw Valley.Special Features:
- Finally a good restaurant in Tahoe!NewinTahoeDined on 6/21/2014We moved to Tahoe City 3 years ago and have been continually disappointed in the dining options. There is no continuity, creativity nor congeniality. Finally we were happily surprised with Graham's. A building with a long history, Graham's is a very picturesque lodge in the Olympic Valley where Graham himself made sure everything was spot on. We ate off the menu and tried the specials, all of which were a delicious combination of meat and fish standards and creative vegetable sides. The desert was enjoyed by all. We will definitely become regular customers at our new favorite restaurant in our beautiful new environment.Special Features:
- Squa Valley DelightBelleDined on 6/18/2014It's really all about the food. My husband had the sea bass and he sent the chef a $10 tip something he has never done in his life. I had a stuffed chicken which I can't remember what they called it, but, I've never had chicken like it before. So, in conclusion it is an experience you do not want to miss. The waiter, Peter, was terrific!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Graham's at Squaw ValleyLovethisWineDined on 6/6/2014Nestled in the base of Squaw Mountains, this quaint local lodge restaurant is charming and welcoming! The main dining room had updated lodge decor, I would call it "Mountain Chic" with iron scrolled chairs with iron and crystal chandeliers. Let's get to the important stuff - Wine & Food! We found many of our favorite wines on their Wine list, but not so many choices by the glass...settled on a Ferrari Carano Sauvignon Blanc which paired perfectly with their Baby Arugula Salad, followed by with a bowl of soup and their seasoned crab legs. Great meal as we had many Lake Tahoe adventures planned for the next day! Upon our departure, we found owner Graham at the helm of the bar, as warm and welcoming as coming home to our mountain cabin.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to dine!cwbyDined on 5/30/2014May 30, 2014 at Squaw Valley, the wife (newly married) and I wanted to dine out somewhere special with great ambiance as well as exquisite food. I had remembered a year earlier we had dined at Graham’s at Squaw Valley and the experience was delectable. So we decided to go, this time I ordered double cut Colorado lamb chops with a plum/lingberry type sauce (evening special) and my wife had the Chicken Roulad (chicken stuffed with gorgonzola and pine nuts with porcini mushrooms/wine sauce). Wow the food was excellent again! The lamb chops tenderness and flavor was to die for and I had never had lamb chops like that before! My wife had the chicken roulad which was very tender and delicious. The wine list is extensive and reasonably priced.Special Features:
- Great experience at Graham'sCas84Dined on 4/9/2014I have had an excellent experiencing organising a business dinner for a group of 12+ at Graham's. It was a very important occasion, so I was a little nervy and paranoid that everything go well. Graham put my nerves to rest : even my special requests didn't phase him, for example taking certain foods off the printed menus and bringing around pre-poured sparkling wine en masse for a toast. Flawless service. The food itself was extremely good. I had a beautiful raw tuna dish for appetiser, and the shrimp linguini for entree. Both excellently done. I couldn't fit in dessert, but it certainly looked very good. My colleague had the special (scallops) and the steak, both of which looked delicious also. Thank you Graham!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mt. MustMferVIPDined on 3/29/2014As always we are greeted as friend and the food is rich hearty and just fancy enough to make us feel specialSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mediocre food Awful servicePaulVIPDined on 3/19/2014I booked Grahams for my partner's birthday. When we were seated, the owner (who was our server) insisted we order our meal immediately, before we ordered a drink -- because the "kitchen is slammed". The bus boy told us they only had wine, later found a full bar. I am gluten free and asked if there were breadcrumbs on a dish - he told us not that there weren't many and I should order it. Our starters came within a few minutes, before we had water or wine, and the entrees about 15 minutes later. Our meal lasted less than an hour. My steak was well done, versus the medium rare I ordered. Our tab was $208 before tip. By comparison, we ate at Plump Jack the next night and had a wonderful meal, including complimentary birthday wine.
- Vintage Squaw ValleyConstanzaDined on 2/16/2014Set in one of the valley's oldest homes complete with beautiful stone fireplace, Graham's offers a charming ambiance and fabulous food. The wine list is long with many affordable options. Corkage fee is a titch high at $30 but with many bottle options starting at $40, it is easy to get a nice wine to compliment the food. We started with baked oysters which were just amazing. We then followed the recommendation of our server and had the scallop "small plate". Yum!!!! Soak up the sauce with the yeasty bread. We asked to split the Osso Buco (lamb, not veal which is the way I like it) and it was no problem at all. Delicious. We also shared the tarte tartin which was a great finish. Recommend it all!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was good, however, theGoGoDined on 1/31/2014Food was good, however, the filet of soul was bland. Ahi Poke was very good as was the asparagus appetizer. Seafood chowder and oysters were wry good. It was a pleasant dining experience and would recommend to others.Special Features:
- GrahamsMissedSnowDined on 1/25/2014The ambiance is warm and inviting. The osso bucco was the best of the 4 entrees our family sampled. After dinner drink menu and wine selection was very nice. Walkable from Village at Squaw Valley.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall excellent restaurant.RockonDined on 12/18/2013Overall excellent restaurant. Unique preparation of food.Special Features:
- An evening to rememberLocalGuyDined on 12/18/2013We have been going to Graham at Squaw Valley for several years. The food is always outstanding, service is great and its a very friendly atmosphere. On this night, we had Lamb Osso Buco. And once other guests saw the huge portion, they were ordering it too. Wonderful flavors and I was impressed that it was "fall off the bone" tender. Our waitress, Liz, took very good care of us. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We went to Graham's basedTimWellesleyVIPDined on 11/29/2013We went to Graham's based on the reviews. However, there were some concerns. Out of six people who were in our party, three had the Shrimp and pasta and were quite disappointed saying this meal was tasteless. I had the Filet Minon and was quite pleased with the taste, size and quality of the meat. The ambience was somewhat attractive but could be improved both inside and out. So, our experience did not match up to the concierge's oppinion from our hotel who felt that Graham's was a wonderful restaurant.
- Dining in Squaw ValleyFranDined on 10/25/2013Graham's is a real find. Food is great and varied. Service and friendliness of staff can't be beat. We enjoyed a lovely evening. Would go again when we visit the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What an enjoyable evening.TravelingFishVIPDined on 10/10/2013What an enjoyable evening. Owner Graham offered a perfect seat near the fire. Server Peter made us feel right at home and made us laugh and entertained us with his stories. The food was straightforward and well executed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really Good food, nice waitress,RobertDined on 9/27/2013Really Good food, nice waitress, bit dull on decor and the sound system sounds like static in the backgroundSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FABOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/7/2013ONe of my favorite restaurants in Squaw Valley. Always have fun, food is great. Service awesome. Must fo if you want a great meal and a great mountain village.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noisy, unimpressive.LBStLouisVIPDined on 9/6/2013Underwhelmed for the price. Extremely small, noisy and the chef was definitely off.
- Not so great...OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 8/28/2013Tahoe area restaurants are all pretty mediocre, and this is no exception. There are almost no option for nondrinkers other than water. Almost anywhere else one can at least get a nonalcoholic "mocktail" or beer, but not here. The food was fine, just not great. Hoping for better as it was or 25th wedding anniversary. The service was abysmal. The server had a table of 8 as well as our table for 2, and was nowhere to be found most of the time.
- disappointing mealOpenTable Diner Since 2000VIPDined on 8/28/2013We had a disappointing meal at Graham's. The room and service were very nice, but the food was sub-par. The asparagus in puff pastry had very little asparagus in it --- just some tiny pieces of overcooked asparagus.
- Very Enjoyable EveningEFS3VIPDined on 8/10/2013Our first visit to Graham's at Squaw will not be our last. We were greeted at the door by Graham who welcomed us as if we were regulars. He gave the two of us a cozy booth away from 4 large tables of 8 each. Despite the large parties, noise level was not very high and our service was very attentive. The two different fish main courses (sea bass and halibut) were perfectly done and seasoned. Fairly extensive wine list allowed us to pick a very good match with our dinners. Highly recommended if you want a night out for two in a quaint mountain restaurant with great food. Rivals any of the very good restaurants in Truckee.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a quiet dinner for twoPegasusDined on 7/28/2013We started off with cocktails for two and it was a very generous pour. Very pleasant and comfortable surroundings, the server was pleasant and did not rush us. When the dinner came my girlfriend received the wrong item, has she did not want me to be alone she accepted it and said that would be fine. She had wanted lamb and they brought her a steak. The waitress apologized and shortly after brought two small lamb chops so Gale could at least have a taste of them. At the end of dinner we found out we were not charged for either of those meals, a very nice surprise. We will be going back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty good, but....Diner459VIPDined on 7/27/2013Near the famous Squaw Valley Ski area, we were enjoying the Summer fun in and around the Olympic Valley. We went to this restaurant based an Open Table review which are typically reliable. All in, the food and ambiance were very good. The host met us at the door with a warm smile and a hearty welcome. But...the waitress was clearly having a bad day. They were quite slow so we could only conclude that she decided to not do her job well this evening. Inattentive, slow, poor attitude, aloof. We are absolutely not fussy but, she was a material distraction to enjoying the very good food. As we departed, the host was tied up talking with guests so we did not complain at the time. This was a poor service experience only. Good quality food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great. AppetizersMferVIPDined on 7/21/2013Always a great. Appetizers were good. A large choice vegetarian fish and meat. Main courses are ample and rich. Love to go at least every time we are in TahoeSpecial Features:
- Love Graham'sBenSabDined on 7/20/2013We always go to Graham's when we visit Tahoe, even if it means driving around the lake. Graham is always friendly and welcoming, he always remembers our names and favorite dishes, and puts oysters aside and goes the extra mile to ensure we have a lovely time. The food is good, the wine is good, and prices are reasonable. I highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Grahams: Don't Miss It!JacksonVIPDined on 7/17/2013Yet another wonderful experience at Graham's. The sea bass was indeed "melt in your mouth" as suggested by our charming server. The four nuts torte for dessert was equally delicious. The server, who used to own a wine store in Tahoe City, had some little-known gems on the wine list. And to top it all off, Graham himself called me aftrer our meal to let me know that my wallet slipped out of my travel pouch. It doesnt get any better than that!Special Features:
- cozy restaurant in the hillsrenofoodiesDined on 7/13/2013The service was beyond exceptional, the place was quaint and very cozy in the winters they have a large fireplace that just adds to the already romantic ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.