Grafton Street Pub and Grill
1230 Massachusetts Ave
Cambridge, MA 02138Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Grafton Street Pub and Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.graftonstreetcambridge.com/
- Phone: 6174970400x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 10:00am - 4:00pm; Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Nightly: 4:00pm - 11:00pm; Late Night Menu: Sunday - Wednesday till midnight & Thursday - Saturday till 1AM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Jose Bessa
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We have a semi-private area designed for appetizer/cocktail functions or for large dinner party functions. We also have lunch and brunch menu options available. Please browse our website for the different function options or contact our event manager at the restaurant.
- Private Party Contact: Krista Pereira 617-497-0400x
- Entertainment: There are DJ's beginning at 11pm on Friday and Saturday please view our website for details.
- Cross Street: Bow St.
- Public Transit: Just a short walk away is the Harvard Square Red Line train stop. There are also several bus routes that empty into Harvard Square.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: There is on street parking available, in addition to parking garages in Harvard Square. The complete list of directions for our restaurant are listed on our website.
A word from Grafton Street Pub and Grill
Originally opened in October of 1996, Grafton Street Pub and Grill has been a beloved institution of Harvard Square for over a decade. Located at 1230 Massachusetts Avenue-the Gateway of Harvard Square-this neighborhood hotspot is named after the spirited cobblestone-lined shopping district in Dublin's famed Temple Bar area. Grafton Street deftly combines a traditional pub's warmth and coziness with a contemporary and comfortable dining environment. Executive Chef Eric Gregory serves up contemporary American cuisine for lunch and dinner seven days a week, including a prized Sunday brunch. The bustling bar boasts an extensive selection of beer, wine and liquor, and features many signature cocktails created exclusively by award-winning Grafton Street mixologists. The 5,000 square foot space revels in tones of cream, beige and brown, complemented by black trim, yielding what is a well-designed but inherently relaxed space.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Grafton Street Pub and Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
151 reviews since April 25, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (71)great for outdoor dining (63)good for groups (60)great for brunch (44)great for lunch (40)vibrant bar scene (39)fit for foodies (35)hot spot (24)special occasion (23)late-night find (17)romantic (17)kid-friendly (13)notable wine list (9)scenic view (8)Show More
- Early Sat. eve. dinner was great!WelovediningoutVIPDined on 8/16/2014We dined early on Sat. evening & had a great experience. We were seated right away & had an experienced friendly server. My husband asked if he could purchase the "neat" Guiness pint glass his beer was served in and was pleasantly surprised when they wrapped & gave it to him! Mussels & oysters as apps. were fresh & tasty. The steak entrée was a hearty portion & the scallop entrée was very good. The manager offered me two different tastings of the wine I had ordered & stopped by our table to chat & discuss them. Lovely chocolate molten cake for dessert. We were treated as valued, special guests even though this was our first visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerresomervilleDined on 8/12/2014Had been to Grafton for brunch and wanted to try dinner menu so I planned a b'day dinner for a friend and we had a great time. Everyone loved their food. I got the scallops e hitch were cooked perfectly. The service was fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch in Harvard SquareCuseCuisineDined on 8/10/2014My wife and I really enjoyed our wonderful brunch at the Grafton Street Pub and Grill just down the street from Harvard University in Cambridge. The food and service were both terrific! Andrew was very attentive and took good care of us! My wife who rarely eats breakfast had the two-egg breakfast plate AND French Toast which we decided to split. I had the Eggs Benedict which were prepared with Irish bacon and they were awesome! The French Toast was also really delicious. I added a very tasty House Bloody Mary to accompany my brunch and the entire experience was spot on and a great way to start a relaxing Sunday!Special Features:
- great spotquicheDined on 8/7/2014We always have a good meal at Grafton Street. It is best to make a reservation ahead of time so they have a table waiting for you.Special Features:
- Excellentdd8444Dined on 8/6/2014So good we went back the next evening! The Grafton burger is marvelous! Also the Lobstef Mac & Cheese was a hit! If visiting Cambridge a stop here is a must!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday brunchdaviggrDined on 8/3/2014Very nice Sunday brunch, with standard brunch menu. Accommodated our party of 6 including a time change. Waitress was abut sour but it was Sunday morn. Consider a few gluten free options.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Lunch PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/29/2014This was probably my third or fourth time at Grafton Street, and I thought it was a very good lunch. I made a reservation and we were seated right away. The server was good and the food was very good. I had the veggie burger and greens, and it was probably the best one I have ever had (and I've had many). My lunch companion had the fish tacos, and she said they were good. Her plate was empty, so I guess that's a good sign. I would recommend giving it a try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reliably goodSnickerdoodleDined on 7/29/2014This is a go-to spot for many Harvard faculty and staff because it's reliably good (or very good) food, has appealing price points and menu diversity, and is so convenient. On this visit we were two and had the Caesar and beet salads with chicken added. Portions were ample and the they tasted very good. We topped it off with the molten chocolate cake with caramel ice cream, which on this visit wasn't as "caramel-y" as usual. Our waiter forgot to deliver a drink but otherwise service was fine.Special Features:
- not as good as last timeDunwichVIPDined on 7/25/2014Maybe they had an off night. The roasted beets and the polenta cheese side dish were delicious, but the roasted salmon was overcooked and very dry, and the fried calamari had a strange undertone to the flavor. We didn't finish them. Perhaps I should have ordered the scallops that I got last time. Cocktails were just OK, and service was slower than usual. I wanted to try another cocktail, but I was never asked. We'll wait a while for the menu to change, and then see how it's going.Special Features:
- Great vibejollydinerDined on 7/20/2014Cool background music, nice beer selections, and all the food was terrific. If you're in the Harvard Square area, its hard to go wrong here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kevin is great!KatieDined on 7/19/2014As a bartender and former waitress, I can appreciate great service. Kevin is just phenomenal! He greeted us in the bar area right away. Kevin had some great drink selections and paid very good attention to us while we were waiting for friends to arrive. Way to go, Kevin! Once our friends arrived, we were seated in the dining room. A new server took over, and he took his time to greet us - about 10-15 minutes between table visits and seemingly longer when waiting for drink refills. I forget his name, but he made it very obvious that he didn't want to be there. He was hanging out with his friends at the table right next to us. Overall, I was disappointed and not impressed with his service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lots of hype, but mediocrephys314Dined on 7/19/2014The location is great, it's always crowded, and I always have high hopes. My friend and I ordered the mussels appetizer and chickpea burgers with fries. But the burgers were dry and overcooked, and the fries were skinny, tasteless, and also a bit overcooked. Last time I was here I ordered the beef burger which was fine, nothing outstanding. I have to remember to avoid this place.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/15/2014Grafton Street is a great spot. I especially appreciate the free parking with reservations!Special Features:
- Great brunchchefchickDined on 7/13/2014I had the toasted chickpea flatbread sandwich which was excellent. The cucumber yogurt sauce was delicious (ask for no onions if you don't like raw red onion - just a few slivers but if you're sensitive you can skip them). I had greens on the side so I ate half of it just on the greens and without the bread -we were so full from splitting a delicious banana granola yogurt bowl with berries first, yum! My friend had the Avocado Eggs Benedict with the sauce on the side, which she said was good but a bit thick. Great iced coffee, great ambience for a sunny summer Sunday. Definitely recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meet and EatCarsonDined on 7/9/2014Grafton Street Pub and Grill gets better each time I go. The latest dining experience occurred during the World Cup, and Grafton Street blasted excitement and energy even as the atmosphere remained respectful toward quieter patrons. The service was prompt and more than courteous - friendly! I met a few friends to eat and discuss a business proposal, and we had a great food (calamaris, burgers, pizza) AND got out work done. It's my go-to restaurant. An added bonus: free parking at Old Baptist if reservations are made through Open Table.Special Features:
- Good service, salty foodbignateDined on 7/7/2014Our service was very good. The calamari was very salty as were both entrees. The butternut squash ravioli was described as a 'light dish' by the server but was swimming in a brown butter sauce that was, as mentioned, very salty with cheese pieces in it. We would not return to this location even though we have enjoyed Temple Bar.
- A gem of a place!BetsyDined on 7/2/2014I booked the Grafton Street Pub and Grill very last minute for a small dinner prior to a bachelorette night for my friend. I asked in the booking form for the staff to make enough of a fuss over her to make her feel special without going over the top or embarrassing her. The service was impeccable - they greeted her warmly by name and were attentive and friendly all evening and they even gave her a free dessert. It was my first time at Grafton Street and in addition to the great service, the food was top-notch and the portion sizes were huge. I would definitely recommend Grafton Street and will definitely return on my next visit to Boston.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at Grafton Street PubSamanthaElizabethVIPDined on 7/1/2014My parents and I enjoyed dining at Grafton Street Pub. For drinks, we ordered a sangria (which had a strong grape flavor) and Downeast Cider (my all time favorite local cider). For appetizers, we ordered a beet salad (which was fresh, natural tasting, and refreshing) and PEI mussels (which was delicious). For entrees, we ordered the Seared Day Boat Scallops (which were tender, full of flavor, and tangy-delicious), Grilled Atlantic Salmon, and Brandt Farm Grilled Bavette Steak (which was on the chewy side). We ended our meal with a Creme Brulee (which was served cold with a warm sugar coating).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a good experience hereEatoutmoreDined on 7/1/2014We go to the Grafton pretty often and are never disappointed. It's great for basic burgers, but also for interesting higher-end treats--well prepared and nicely presented. The staff is professional and friendly. Great location, too, right at Harvard Square.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun irish bar in Harvard SquareOABEVIPDined on 6/30/2014A small group got together in this pub, which is just off Harvard Square. The place is fun and dynamic without being loud. The food was pretty good, only one person thought their boulliabaise was 'average'. Beer selection is good, service is friendly and efficient.Special Features:
- Well, the beer was good.sunskiVIPDined on 6/27/2014Ok atmosphere, but thin unseasoned clam chowder made this place a disappointment. Our salmon was all right as far as the fish goes, but the underlying sauce was too sweet; the steak entree was tough and chewy: and the brussel sprouts that accompanied the ok pork dish were undercooked and unseasoned. You can find better.
- good place for a big groupfoogie05Dined on 6/27/2014Our server was very good. We enjoyed our appetizers better than our entrees. Good beer list. We will go back.Special Features:
- PerfectReserve42Dined on 6/27/2014Our Son in law recommended Grafton to us on a recent Overnight to Boston- it was perfect. It was a beautiful June evening, so lots of outdoor diners. We had a great little table at a window to watch the energy and goings on in Harvard Sq. Both of us thought our dinners were delicious. Our server was knowledgable , friendly and profesional. We really enjoyed Grafton St. Pub very muchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot for brunch tooLaurieVIPDined on 6/22/2014We were from out of town and visiting family, agreed to meet for a Sunday breakfast at Grafton. The food choices were fabulous, substantial and creatively delicious. We were very happy with the seating too, able to accommodate our group, it was also a beautiful day allowing them to open up the outside walls so that the breeze and sun could stream in. Very pleasant experience. Also hip and trendy so you felt like it was the center of activity.Special Features:
- Great for large groups.KristinDined on 6/21/2014Grafton Street was unbelievably accommodating for a larger group. I really appreciated their patience as we waited for our entire party to arrive. Great food, great service, and a great space overall. I highly recommend!Special Features:
- Good choiceOpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 6/20/2014We went for drinks and dinner on a Friday night, and had a very nice time. The staff was pleasant, attentive, and never made us feel either rushed or forgotten. We both had cocktails and both were very well made, and we both really enjoyed our meals. The salmon entre was particularly well prepared. We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Grafton on Fathers DayRHABostonDined on 6/15/2014Very comfortable! Good wait staff. Very good food. Interesting wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and friendsFoodie5Dined on 6/14/2014Everything was great! My boyfriend and I met up with my friend and her husband and we had a great meal and an awesome night! The service was excellent as was the food and we definitely would come back here. I would recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice EveningZimmsDined on 6/7/2014We went to Grafton on a beautiful summer evening and had a nice outdoor table. We had drinks, a delicious beet salad and an equally good smoked mushroom pizza; ...the food was better than expected ! Service was good and we weren't rushed, having as much time to savor the evening as we wanted. We'll return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just okboston1VIPDined on 5/31/2014We ordered the Fish & Chips and the Fried calamari, the food didn't have any flavor to it. The food wasn't worth the price we paid.
- Great for the Square!QualityFirstVIPDined on 5/29/2014Situated in Harvard Square across from the entrance to Widener Library, Grafton Street Pub welcomes all - students, faculty and all others passing through the Square. It has something for everyone. An eclectic menu that I found very appealing. The boullibaise was different but thoroughly enjoyed by my wife. The calamari could have had fewer peppers and more squid but was quite tasty. Our drinks were perfectly prepared. A hit was the Island Creek oysters - small but sweet and succulent.Special Features:
- Great for a casual lunchonetwothreefourfiveDined on 5/28/2014We were grateful to be able to eat at Grafton when the weather turned lousy. Everyone was happy with their sandwiches and salads. We had a quiet table on the side that was a snug fit for 6, but comfortable enough. I think the tables and chairs are looking a little grubby, but I don't come to Grafton much in the daytime, so I suppose it's much less of a problem at night when the place is very dark. I also appreciate that the prices were affordable, but the food was good enough to serve to family and friends.Special Features:
- Not the best brunch placeNoNameDined on 5/26/2014We had lunch there on Memorial Day and didn't know until we got there that it was a brunch menu only. I had planned on their marvelous beet salad. Much to my disappointment it was just the standard brunch items--egg dishes, burgers, caesar salad, cobb salad, etc., nothing involving the taste treats or creativity we always experience there when we have dinner. If we had wanted eggs, we would have gone to the S&S.Special Features:
- foodVanDined on 5/24/2014Good food and definitely enjoyed coming here. Our server was just a little aloof and impossible to track down. The restaurant wasn't even that busy and they didn't seem understaffed either. Likely just a one off event, but noting nonetheless.Special Features:
- seated lateOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/17/2014We were not given our table until we had asked multiple times -- we had a group of ten but they were unable to seat us until 20 minutes past our reservation and no efforts were made at improving our experience until we asked.Special Features:
- Simply FantasticWanderlustDined on 5/16/2014After walking past this restaurant nearly every day, I finally decided to get a group together and go. I have to say, the food was absolutely sublime. Everyone in my party agreed. The selection was diverse enough to satisfy a number of different pallets, but was far from being overwhelming. There was also a notable selection of wine and beer. As for the atmosphere, it was lively yet tasteful. The best way to describe it would be an upscale pub. Everyone I went with, myself included, had a great time, and I know that I will be going back.Special Features:
- Pre theatre dinnerpaddylovesfoodDined on 5/16/2014The Staff was very friendly and very helpful when offering us a table change due to a rather large party that needed more room next to us. Our waitress (sorry if not politically correct) was terrific and our food arrived quickly and was delish. She was attentive without being cloying and we were pleased that she stayed with us when we moved to another part of the restaurant. It was a Friday night so the joint was jumping but there was never long delay for either drink or food. Excellent cocktails. And again our food was spot on. Burger was cooked perfectly, truffle fries were a big hit with the table, as were the wings, hummus, beet salad and the Italian Meat and Cheese board.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service & FoodkjohnsonVIPDined on 5/14/2014This is a favorite for us in Harvard Square. It's a large, casual restaurant, but service and food are both amazing. Never had a bad experience here. I like the bustling ambiance and that in nice weather you can dine outside. It is not gourmet but just really, really good food!Special Features:
- Mother's Day mealFoodie4Dined on 5/11/2014My family took me to Grafton Street for a 3:00 meal on Mother's Day. We have eaten here before and enjoyed it. They had a few choices for Mother's Day meals and a lot of brunch items. I would have liked more of the former since they were out of one of the four choices. The food was good especially the mushroom ravioli that my son and I had but I thought it a bit pricey at $20 for the amount. I thought it would have a side of fava beans and peas but there were only a few scattered on the plate. The rest of the family ate brunch food which was good but not very special for Mother's Day. Service was very good.Special Features:
- Mother's Day BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/11/2014Able to accommodate us on short notice, great service and great food. Overall a very positive experience. The avocado eggs benedict was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.