707 6th St. NW
Washington, DC 20001Neighborhood:
Contemporary ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://graffiatodc.com/
- Phone: 2022893600x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Wednesday: 11:30am - 10:00pm (Bar & Pizza Oven Open Until 11:00pm), Thursday -Saturday: 11:30am - 11:00pm (Bar & Pizza Oven Open Until 12:00am), Bar Happy Hour: Monday - Friday: 4:00pm - 7:00pm ($5 drink specials and "bites" for $3, $4, $5)
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary Italian
- Executive Chef: Chef Mike Isabella
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Graffiato
Chef Isabella serves seasonal, artisanal pizzas and small plates inspired by the food he grew up eating in New Jersey prepared by his Italian-American grandmother. With heavy influence from Chef Isabella’s Mediterranean and Latin culinary training, Graffiato is anything but a traditional Italian eatery. Roasted potato gnocchi with pork ragu, chicken thighs with pepperoni sauce, charred octopus with tomato mostarda and mint, and hanger steak with pancetta and wild mushrooms are a few of the signature wood oven roasted dishes. Broccolini with red pepper relish and smoked beets with sheep’s milk ricotta are popular first plates. When the kitchen closes, the oven will stay fired to feed Washingtonians looking for a late-night bite.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Graffiato reviews from OpenTable diners
421 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (262)hot spot (138)neighborhood gem (119)vibrant bar scene (104)good for groups (94)great for lunch (93)special occasion (72)great for brunch (42)late-night find (36)notable wine list (36)romantic (25)kid-friendly (23)scenic view (3)Show More
- Love the varietyTameraLVIPDined on 8/27/2014Smaller plates that can be shared, and just great food, PLUS no cost sparkling water!!Special Features:
- the food, the food, the food!!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/24/2014Food is outstanding. Server very knowledgeable and helpful. I try to eat here every single time I visit DC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- loud but goodeatemupDined on 8/23/2014food--interesting pizza design; came out quickly, maybe too quick. the crust wasn't that crunchy. the taste was good. the salads were great. the apps--NJ tomato salad was fantastic; oysters boring; others ok. service--efficient. seemed like they were happy to have us leave as quickly as we arrived.Special Features:
- Very good, but not blown away.nfrishbeDined on 8/23/2014We ordered off the restaurant week menu, and the food was very good but not totally incredible. A few items were great, others were just good. Service was a little spotty; there seemed to be a few mix-ups, as they brought us other people's food a couple of times. Would definitely come back, but would like to do so when it is not restaurant week.Special Features:
- Terrible service over priceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/23/2014The hostess was kind. But the waiter barley paid us any attention. The drinks were at least 15/20 each. Strong but not tasty. The food was also really small and sooooo expensive. Pizza is your best bet.Special Features:
- 1st timerYumYumVIPDined on 8/23/2014Glad that I reserved, fun cocktails, vibrant ambiance, wow,is it loud! Fun plates, tasty food, want to return.Special Features:
- Great Restaurant Week BrunchnewbiefoodieDined on 8/23/2014All of our parties members were satisfied with our meals. The bloody Marys were a particular hit drink-wise, and the breakfast pizza was enjoyed by all. The service was great, attentive, and answered all of our questions - making great recommendations along the way. Will definitely return.Special Features:
- Great foodMcLeanFoodieDined on 8/23/2014Really enjoyed everything we had here (Jersey shore pizza, broccolini salad, baby kale salad and the tiramisu arancini). Our server was wonderful. We had some questions regarding the extended restaurant week lunch menu. She was very accommodating. Went to Fiola for lunch for restaurant week last week and actually enjoyed Graffiato more. Can't wait to come back and bring friends along. This is the kind of place that you want to bring friends to.Special Features:
- Good but not greatJojoVIPDined on 8/22/2014The pizza was tasty but the gnocchi were too soft, perhaps over cooked. I had heard good things about the restaurant and was excited to go but overall the food was just ok.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First timerMiche4572Dined on 8/22/2014I took my mom here for Restaurant Week last Friday. The service was very friendly, and our server helped us decide on two delicious cocktails (Skinny Mike and Champagne Supernova). I liked my kale and bourbon peach salad. Excellent flavors but maybe a bit over-dressed. My mom really liked the catfish dish in the second course. We shared everything except for dessert. My banana bread pudding was plated with a few slices of banana that were brûléed on top. Delicious! A couple issues: the lighting was too bright. That combined with the metal chairs made me feel like I was eating at a McDonalds. Downstairs ambiance looked nice though. Second, the plates were a bit small for the portions. And third, we felt a bit rushed - expedient service.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Week MenuROMEODined on 8/22/2014In general I found the dishes over-salted and served on oddly-sized plates, almost tapas-like. Also, the food came out of the kitchen at times so different that the three of us in the party were eating at different times.Special Features:
- Good pizza, but that's about allOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/20/2014Slow waiter service. Bussers quick, but our waiter didn't know we existed & forgot 1 of our dishesSpecial Features:
- Once Was EnoughTabletalkerVIPDined on 8/19/2014Extremely noisy, crowded tables, industrial space - food was rushed to us, each dish whisked away the instant we finished, and we were in and out in 30 minutes...not exactly the nice relaxing dinner I had hoped for...and for all that, it is pricey for what we had.
- Lively house, bold flavorsNonfoodieDined on 8/19/2014We enjoyed this dinner out with a variety of selections off the menu. The barbeque is good, with strong flavors. In fact, the many items we selected each had strong, confident notes. Worth the trip, but reservations are necessary!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/17/2014Excellent house made sodas! I had the cardamom soda which was incredibly refreshing on a hot summer night.Special Features:
- BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/17/2014The food was really good, portion price relationship was high. The service was really slow but the server was nice. Management was involved which was also save the day, i will come backI would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious pasta and pizzaUvajillybeanDined on 8/16/2014There are some unusual dishes; with the small portion sizes, get a few to try and share!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A trip for PastaWillieDVIPDined on 8/16/2014Delicious pasta dishes as that was our main reason for going to Graffiato. The only dish that was lack luster was the steak dish. It was cooked perfectly, perfectly! But there was no flavor. It lacked seasoning. But it was beautifully presented. The cocktail with Jefferson's made for Graffiato was delicious and there was a good selection of wine. Would definitely go back again.Special Features:
- Fun FoodArlgirlVIPDined on 8/16/2014Reminds me of Roses Luxury with the small plates, variety and quality. A fun time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodSimplyMoDined on 8/16/2014I barely knew how to pronounce any of the menu items but The food tasted amazing! ! Nothing came to the table I wouldn't give 5 thumbs up for. I would say the portion size is small and its not a restaurant you eat at and feel full. Its diffenitly a lunching experience. I would definitely go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really GoodlandiaDined on 8/16/2014I really like the food.... the broccolini was amazing and also the cauliflower. In general the food is so good. I really recommend the brunch and also the pizzas.Special Features:
- BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/16/2014I went to Graffiato for brunch this occasion and opted to partake in the Restaurant week menu. All of the items I had were very good. The Flatbread with Pepperoni Sauce was amazeballs as usual. The Baby Kale Salad was quite tasty as well, but I would have prefered a little more bleu cheese because I love me some bleu cheese... The Breakfast Pizza was a new experience for me and was delightful, but I would have enjoyed a bit more egg too. The only semi-disappointment was the Bananas Fosters Bread Pudding... it was served cold, which was my main issue with the item, I just felt like a bread pudding should be hot, so that the caramel that was served with it wouldn't just stick to the plate. Bottomless Mimosas is always a good thing too.Special Features:
- Great food and relaxed atmosphere!KateSDined on 8/15/2014We have been wanting to try Graffiato for some time! We went with another couple and really enjoyed trying lots of items from the menu! Everything was well seasoned had a ton of flavor and was really enjoyable. Our favorites were the braised romano beans, the ricotta cavatelli and the farmhouse pizza--though everything we had was delicious. It was nice to have a relaxed meal that was coursed out so we never felt rushed; we had time to enjoy our food and chat the night away. Will definitely go back!Special Features:
- Fantastic Restaurant Week offeringOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/15/2014Great and generous small plates, imaginative drinks, and fair wine pricing. Oh yeah, great service, too. We loved the chaser salad, the spaghetti, the risotto and so much more. One of the nicer evenings out we have had in DC. Kudos to Mike Isabella and his team.Special Features:
- Great food so-so everything elseTereseSADined on 8/14/2014Went with four friends found the lighting at the table we were seated at oddly very bright. The atmosphere and decoration were nothing special (with the exception of the very nice bar downstairs). Our waitress was not very good, however the bus boys really shined, they were more attentive and friendly than the waitress. Ok now to the positives! The food was really great, super fresh, beautiful flavors and presentation. I would go back again since I liked the food and would recommend it to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great small platesRunanddineDined on 8/14/2014Came for restaurant week and received excellent service, the good was as declicious as it is other times and walked away full and happy.
- Horrible front staffDCLoganVIPDined on 8/14/2014No matter how good the food, if your initial meeting is bad, it's hard to recover. Two of us arrived at 6:55 and the other 2 at 7:04. We were told there was no table. No apology, nothing. 'We can't control what the computer reserves for us' REALLY? When we were finally seated at 7:25-after standing in the doorway - they never tried to find a better space for us to wait--there were at least 3 empty 4 -tops upstairs. It's like they just wanted to be nasty. He acted as though we had never dined out before (we do-all the time) and we must be stupid. Waiting a few mins - no problem. Having a bigger issue with good front staff- no problem. But dealing with a big issue and a-holes - a big thumbs down. Too many other great restaurants in DC
- Good food but loud and ....MdinerDined on 8/14/2014I have no complaints on the taste and quality of the food. I didn't care for having to wait 30 min to be seated when having reservation. Once seated I felt like they were making up for the time and they wanted us out quick. The menu had a 1st,2nd,3rd course so you would expect the food to be served in that order. My 3rd course came out first as well as everyone else's food except 1 person.. When I questioned this the answer was well they are meant to share! I dine out quite often and have never experienced this type of service , the menu clearly states that food comes out as prepared but wouldn't you think a salad would be ready before risotto or chicken? Will I try it again? Maybe but if the wait and service is the same I won't return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/14/2014Always a fun dining experience. Guaranteed delicious food.Special Features:
- MehedzeeDined on 8/14/2014I wasn't impressed. A friend says it's great and wants us to try again after restaurant week. So we might go back. Apparently they don't put anything "good" on the menu for RW. So go figure. I kind of hated it.Special Features:
- Restaurant Week 2014NaganaDined on 8/14/2014Great food! Cauliflower dish was terrific-spicy. Actually most dishes we had were spicy and we like spicy. Hangar steak was done rare as I requested. Dessert was just the right size to finish off.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great AtmosphereRandLDiningDined on 8/13/2014We went for restaurant week. When you walk in, you're greeted right away like you're family. We were sat early, which was a plus. The atmosphere is vibrant. You can still have a one on one conversation with your dinner partner, but you can feel the noise and environment all around you like it's a big family table and everyone's having a good time. The food was delicious and the portions were right. Risotto was incredible. Three words: Cream Cheese croutons. Wow. That made a simple Caesar salad a surprise and awesome. So much to say, want to try full menu again sometime. We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/13/2014Great food but it was very noisy - hard to have a conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome lunch spot!dining4serviceDined on 8/13/2014Great food, pizza and desserts were amazing!! Good service too!Special Features:
- Great Food!stuff8458Dined on 8/13/2014This has been one of my favorite DC food week lunch meals. Since they are small plates I was not uncomfortably stuffed going back to work. We arrived as the doors opened (with reservation) at 11:30. The service was quick and the plates were served just as we finished the previous course. All of the food was good. The tiramisu was misnamed. There were two balls which appeared to be filled with rice pudding and they were hard to eat since they rolled around. The carrot soup had a little bit of a kick which my companion enjoyed and I dont' know if I would have been able to eat the entire bowl since I am not a spicy person. The roasted cauliflower and veal pasta dishes were excellent. It was a little noisy at lunch time feels casual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was a (somewhat tasty) blur ...jroccofellaDined on 8/12/2014Graffiato should be avoided during Restaurant Week. Maybe it should be avoided altogether but I'm not sure. My companion said he'd been there for brunch before and it was quite good but our experience for RW dinner was unpleasant. We had to wait 15 minutes for our table for 2 after arriving on time for my reservation. The service had a smile but it was a marathon session of drink orders, menu selections, wine presentation, 1st course followed immediately by 2nd, 3rd, and 4th - without barely a break for air. Dessert came immediately after and the check came almost as soon as our spoons were down, without request. Food was memorably salty but decent. Dessert was a ball of tiramisu, deep fried - ambitious but a failure; and that's Graffiato.Special Features:
- Deliciouswino1107Dined on 8/11/2014My boyfriend and I went to Graffiato for restaurant week. It was a great deal, and we loved trying a bunch of different dishes. Highlights: the flatbread with pepperoni sauce (it's like liquefied pepperonis and it's delicious), roasted cauliflower with mint (very fresh), and the bananas foster bread pudding for dessert. We had the hanger steak as our entrée, and it was cooked well but tasted WAY too smoky. Like it was doused in liquid smoke, no thanks. Other than that, everything was satisfactory if not amazing. Our server was knowledgeable and attentive, and the wine selection was great. Will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Amazing food and serviceelizabethk94Dined on 8/11/2014We tried Graffiato during restaurant week and were extremely pleased with the simple yet original menu and the fantastic service (I'm a former waitress and critique all aspects I assure you). My husband has been obsessing over finding a recipe so that we can replicate the Ricotta Cavatelli at home. We will definitely be returning!Special Features:
- Outstanding!RedSox4MeDined on 8/11/2014Everything we ordered during summer Restaurant Week was delicious! I loved the catfish, my husband loved the veal pasta dish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good food!dhopeDined on 8/11/2014Five of us went--none of us had ever been there-- and all but one person really enjoyed it. We had a great waiter and all of the food, with the possible exception of the pizza, was outstanding. I had heard the pizza was great but the crust, while tasty, had no char.I would recommend this to a friend.