729 SW 15th Avenue
Portland, OR 97205Neighborhood:
NorthwestPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.graciesdining.com/
- Phone: 5032222171
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Monday - Friday: 6:30am - 2:00pm; Saturday - Sunday: 8:00am - 2:00pm Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Northwest, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Mark Hosack
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Gracie's offers catering from groups of 10 up to 200. Our classic and innovative Pacific Northwest menus can please a wide variety of tastes. Anything from a power breakfast meeting to a rehearsal dinner, Gracie's culinary team will devise a menu to suit your needs. To download sample catering menus,.
- Private Party Facilities: Gracie's offers three event rooms:
· The Screening Room (with theater capabilities) - 1,240 sq.ft.
· The Green Room - 336 sq.ft.
· The Editing Room - 273 sq.ft.
· And ask about our unique rooftop space that can accommodate up to 250 people.
- Private Party Contact: Catering Department 5032282264
- Entertainment: With impressive ceilings detailed in intricate gold leaf, the Screening Room is an elegant space to entertain. The Screening Room will host a drop screen against the West wall perfect for viewing your favorite film. The room can accommodate a maximum of 120 people reception style, 80 people for sit-down and a minimum attendance of 25 people.
A word from Gracie's
Imagine stepping into a classic Hollywood eatery like Musso Franks or the Brown Derby and you'll instantly understand what this fabulous restaurant is all about. Elegant in a friendly sort of way, serving food that's easy to pronounce and always goes down with gusto.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerNorthwest
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
Gracie's - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Gracie's reviews from OpenTable diners
63 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (45)romantic (42)fit for foodies (30)great for brunch (28)great for lunch (22)neighborhood gem (18)good for groups (13)vibrant bar scene (7)kid-friendly (5)late-night find (4)notable wine list (3)hot spot (1)Show More
- good food great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014able to accommodate grown ups and kids alike and a brunch menu diverse enough to cater to any dietary preferences.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014We had a birthday party for a friend, it's a really pretty place specially in the evening, we had Denver steak cause we've been told it's pretty popular, however when it got it, it was barely warm, and didn't like the taste of it at all, the sauce tasted like it had chlorine in it. Would probably come back again for a big group party, but would totally order something else!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful experience!danagDined on 8/21/2014We took my elderly mother and aunt to dinner to celebrate our wedding anniversary. The food, service and setting were outstanding! Thank you for a memorable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gracie's is comfortable styleZebramanDined on 8/10/2014Always an elegant feeling, dining at Gracie's. Excellent service in a grown-up setting adds to the great food choices. Nice Benedict, and the roasted potatoes are want-more yummy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice Hotel RestaurantGuestDined on 7/30/2014Gracie's is a sophisticated, quiet and nice restaurant at the Hotel deLuxe. We have been there several times before seeing a show at the Artist's Repertory Theatre and it is incredibly convenient (1/2 block). We definitely will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A delightful breakfast.PurplePleaseDined on 7/27/2014It seems that the prices have increased since we were there last, but, what the heck, I'm not in Portland with family that often. Each dish was perfectly prepared. Our waitress seemed a little in the weeds, but we did remember her as hostess from the time before, so perhaps she was just learning... Gracie's still rocks in our book.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gracie's and deLuxeChipDined on 7/24/2014These are both hidden gems in Portland. I remember when it was the Mallory and the renovation has continued to capture the charm of 20th century elegance. The only criticism I have is that the (fabulous) Driftwood Room needs to bring back the signature and famous Cheese Popcorn as a free bar snack.Special Features:
- Terrible Service/Marginal FoodkeleanoraDined on 7/20/2014After standing at the doorway for 10 minutes waiting for the hostess to return, we were escorted to a dirty table and told to wait by it while they cleaned it.The waitress didn't appear for 10 minutes and then it was another 10 before she returned with coffee or to take our order. In an hours time I was poured 1.5 cups of coffee and didn't get a water refill.My food was cold; my husbands was warm. The corned beef was good but the eggs were cold and potatoes were so overcooked they were rubbery.My husband had an oyster omelette-marginal at best.I If am paying top dollar for food, I expect top notch service. Will never go back here again.
- always a special experienceSteveADined on 7/18/2014we've frequented Gracies on a number of occasions and are never disappointed. Food is always expertly prepared and the service is very prompt, friendly, and professional.Special Features:
- Nick and LisaNickDined on 7/12/2014An oasis of food sanity amidst Portland's crazy food scene. Great food and service. Elegant room. Reasonable prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A lovely birthday celebrationGZzzzDined on 7/10/2014Took a dear friend to lunch to celebrate her birthday. The ambiance and food selection was perfection. Service was very good. It was, as usual, a quiet and elegant way to connect with one another. Am very happy we chose this spot even though it's a long drive from the Gorge. We will be back...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Sure I want everyone to knowwanderlustDined on 7/1/2014I am hesitant to write about this restaurant because I believe it is a hidden gem. We had dinner on Tuesday we took a friend from out of town she loved it. My husband's birthday is next Wednesday and he wants to go back. He hates to drive downtown, but believes Gracie's is worth the trip from Oregon City. There are lots of fine restaurants in Portland. Along with the great food there is usually lots of noise a feeling of being rushed. Gracie's is so different. It has great food in a beautiful comfortable setting. The music was from long ago and at just the right sound level. You could enjoy Frank Sinatra while still conversing with your friends. Everything we ordered was perfect. I now have a favorite restaurant in Portland.Special Features:
- Wife's partySimplepeepsDined on 6/28/2014Food and service was awesome.Casey helped me thru the process and didn't forget any details.Service was great and guest was really enjoyed themselves.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great serviceLaurenGHDined on 6/27/2014Located inside the deLuxe hotel, with complimentary, 2hr. valet parking, Gracie's was an actual hidden gem. It has a 1920's, Hollywood vibe and our server Scott was great. Definitely try the wild mushrooms, and if you like fish, the trout and halibut were both tasty. We also had the sweet pea ravioli, which was a delicious, fresh take on a traditional dish. Yum.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and service!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/27/20142nd visit in a week. This place has interesting selections and everything is tasty and the prices are reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cocktails Were the HighlightWanderingThroughTheWildDined on 6/26/2014Gracie's is fantastic for ambiance and drinks but the food offerings were sadly bit of a let down. Portions were not substantial and the food itself was tasty but nothing compared to some of the other local Portland offerings. The one exception was the delicious chocolate cake for dessert. While the dinner was a nice quiet get away for a double date I am not sure I will be visiting again if in the area.Special Features:
- Great AgainRestatsDined on 6/21/2014Because we spend so much time at Artists Rep around the corner, we stop here for lunches and dinners frequently. This was one of those times between shows in the building. There are many theater companies who now use the Artists Rep facility so there are more opportunities to stop by DeLuxe. The service is always first rate and the food is excellent. This was true this time and we will be back again.Special Features:
- Gracie'sOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/20/2014A very nice and quit upscale dinner restaurant in Portland.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfullBabbaDined on 6/20/2014The service was knowledgeable and prompt. The food absolutely exceeded my expectations. I will be back often. I have already recommended to just about everyone I saw this weekend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant DiningJudyDined on 6/19/2014We especially love dining at Gracie's with friends because we can actually have a conversation and hear each other. It is refreshing not to have music blaring. The food has greatly improved over the last year. We like the choices in sizes and all of our dinners were excellent with the exception of the mango & greens salad. Greens were wilted, 2 tiny slices of mango had little flavor and blah dressing. My husband had the wedge and loved it. My crab cakes were delicious. Very relaxing with an efficient and pleasant wait staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always happy thereJuicy1Dined on 6/15/2014Great food, beautiful surroundings. Classy spot for a girls' brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good pre-theater choiceFerryfanDined on 6/14/2014Gracie's is literally around the block from Artists' Repertory Theatre, one of Portland's top venues. They have nice wines, specialty cocktails, and a balance of small plates and more substantial fare. Service is attentive and attuned to playgoing customers. One of our party had a special request (sulfite allergy, no vinegar or wine-based sauces) which was handled with no drama. Altogether, quite a pleasant way to start a night on the town.Special Features:
- fransceneDined on 6/12/2014We shared 4 smallish plates for dinner which added up to a unique and tasty meal. I wish all restaurants had portion size options like Gracie's. Really greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprising little gemtigerdgDined on 6/7/2014Gracie's, nestled in the DeLuxe Hotel in north Goose Hollow, is a real find. It never feels crowded, and the atmosphere is intimate. Out wait staff was cordial but not overly familiar, professional but not aloof, subtle but not inattentive. The food was meticulously prepared and delicious. We had two entrees and had room to share one of their less substantial "modest" dishes as well. They have a nicely varied wine list, and the staff is both knowledgeable and helpful. Their dessert menu is extensive, and the deluxe Spanish Coffee is not to be missed. They also feature valet parking, a great help if there is both bad weather and a Timber's game. All this, and reasonably priced, too. This place is on our "will come back" list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The COKE I orderd has 80% iceAndyDined on 6/7/2014I saw the waiter 2 times 1)when order and 2)he give me the bill. No service, Just give you the food and the bill.
- Wonderful experiencePacificblueLCDined on 5/29/2014The food is excellent, the service is fantastic, they work with people that have food allergies - even have a special menu for you. Great ambiance. Not pushy at all. Very fun.Special Features:
- Mr. Eugene ValjeanevgynyDined on 5/29/2014My wife, Judith, died four-and-one-half years ago. We were frequent visitors to The Drifside. Also, I attend some of the Portland Public Schools Administrators luncheons. From time-to-time I come alone or with a guest not olly to the bar, but also, to "Gracie's The food in both the bar and Gracie's is alwas delicious. You will see me again soon! I hope to convince others to enjoy your offerings,too! Your venue has special during the last thirty-five-years at "The Mallory"and its successor "The Deluxe Hotel"Special Features:
- great food, great for conversationjphvsDined on 5/27/2014This high-end restaurant (high-end in all senses) is very reasonably priced, with wines at what appears to be a much lower mark-up than elsewhere. I was there with a group of 8, and the total bill came to only $40 per person, wine included. Unlike almost all PDX high-end restaurants, at Gracie's you can actually have a conversation. Very strongly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/21/2014In addition to great food and wine and service. They take care of you when you need to get to the theater or Thorns game on time! Very prompt service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for a special occasionPaltravelDined on 5/18/2014This was our second annual birthday celebration for my elderly mother. The atmosphere is 'Garbo' classic and takes you to a time bygone. The coffee was excellent and plentiful. With the first entree, German Pancake, the batter was way too thin and brittle without much flavor. The smoked salmon with bagel, cream cheese, capers, onion and tomato was excellent. A lot of salmon left over for a doggie bag, making the price reasonable. Finally, the mushroom/spinach eggs benedict was excellent, but the potatoes were limp and not good. So, all in all I'd say the food was hit and miss this time, but service was good and the ambiance was delightful. By the time we left it was completely full and the noise level was getting very loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful service!OperaDuoDined on 5/15/2014We dropped by here on the way to the opera. We had been to Gracie's for breakfast and lunch, but this was our first time for dinner. the entrees were unique, substantial, and tasty. Tarah, our server was perfectSpecial Features:
- Mothers Day!caimusic3Dined on 5/11/2014I took my mother and daughter to Gracie's because it was one of the places my mom used to eat at when she worked nearby 60 years ago when it was The Mallory Hotel. The Driftwood room was exactly as she remembered it. If there is a hospital get together, she would love to be invited, she is 77 years old. Food was great! Top of the price range, but worth the price for the special mothers day menu. We were seated near the windows in the back of the room, it was warm and inviting, and the service was great.Special Features:
- Gracie's is a gemOregonDeanDined on 5/11/2014Our first time here was Mother's Day dinner. The dining room has old time elegance, the piano playing was soothing, service was absolutely top notch and the food was excellent. From the appetizer to the main to the dessert ... absolutely wonderful. And the portions were good sized, too. We made a second meal out of the leftovers. Mom was quite pleased about a great meal Sunday and not cooking Monday, too! The waiter said they have Elvis pancakes on the brunch menu ... might just have to check that out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Puttin' On the RitzglutenfreegirlDined on 5/11/2014Gorgeous restaurant, has an elegant Hollywood glam feel. Had a lovely Mother's Day brunch. Food was excellent, impressed with the gluten free options. Prices were very reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Gracies!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014We just love Gracies, and this was no exception. And this Mother's Day brunch was great. Possibly they could have skipped the live piano full grand piano in the dining room (it was a bit hard to talk over it), but we enjoyed ourselves greatly, had great food, and it was Mom's first choice so that was terrific. Thank you Gracies !I would recommend this to a friend.
- seen better daysOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014Wee usually go to this restaurant about one to two times every year. Most recently, we attended and found the restaurant busy but with available seating . One of the flaws with the restaurant is the cold air that bristles if you are seated near the entrance. There were many empty seats in the restaurant and we attempted to procure one of them. Our host, Jenteal,would not allow us to sit anywhere other than right there at the front entrance because we were a party of two.it was very difficult to enjoy our meal due to the amount of cold air . When we inquired about the other open seats, we were told that they were for parties of 4. However, no parties of four were ever seated at those tables. The food was okay, the atmosphere was not.Special Features:
- Great for brunchKellenVDined on 5/11/2014Ate here for Mother's Day brunch (but ate off the normal brunch menu, not the special buffet). Great ambience, had a piano player and an elegant charm. Would definitely go back for brunch anyday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great dining experienceahill76Dined on 5/9/2014The food was delicious, and the service outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great variety on foodDPBdayDined on 5/7/2014Celebrated a friend's birthday dinner and was pleasantly surprised. Try the mushrooms!Special Features:
- The following 769 reviews are from the Gracie's reviews archive.
- Excellent once againRestatsDined on 5/5/2014We had a business lunch there and everything was perfect. The service and attention to our needs was perfect. The food was just as we wanted and we were all pleased.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.