729 SW 15th Avenue
Portland, OR 97205Neighborhood:
NorthwestPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.graciesdining.com/
- Phone: (503) 222-2171
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Monday - Friday: 6:30am - 2:00pm; Saturday - Sunday: 8:00am - 2:00pm Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Northwest, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Mark Hosack
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Gracie's offers catering from groups of 10 up to 200. Our classic and innovative Pacific Northwest menus can please a wide variety of tastes. Anything from a power breakfast meeting to a rehearsal dinner, Gracie's culinary team will devise a menu to suit your needs. To download sample catering menus,.
- Private Party Facilities: Gracie's offers three event rooms:
· The Screening Room (with theater capabilities) - 1,240 sq.ft.
· The Green Room - 336 sq.ft.
· The Editing Room - 273 sq.ft.
· And ask about our unique rooftop space that can accommodate up to 250 people.
- Private Party Contact: Catering Department 5032282264
- Entertainment: With impressive ceilings detailed in intricate gold leaf, the Screening Room is an elegant space to entertain. The Screening Room will host a drop screen against the West wall perfect for viewing your favorite film. The room can accommodate a maximum of 120 people reception style, 80 people for sit-down and a minimum attendance of 25 people.
A word from Gracie's
Imagine stepping into a classic Hollywood eatery like Musso Franks or the Brown Derby and you'll instantly understand what this fabulous restaurant is all about. Elegant in a friendly sort of way, serving food that's easy to pronounce and always goes down with gusto.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerNorthwest
Gracie's - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Gracie's reviews from OpenTable diners
80 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (55)romantic (47)fit for foodies (37)great for brunch (32)neighborhood gem (25)good for groups (25)great for lunch (15)vibrant bar scene (10)notable wine list (8)kid-friendly (6)hot spot (6)late-night find (4)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/20/2014Wonderful restaurant. Always very good food. A varied selection to satisfy everyone's taste. Servers are always friendly, very helpful and courteous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful setting and delicious brunch!DevaDined on 11/16/2014We enjoyed a wonderful birthday brunch with the family. We have two little ones and we felt very comfortable there. Such a gorgeous restaurant, we will be back to check out the bar and dinner soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice menue with some unusual choices.ScottDined on 11/14/2014We will be back for a brunch or dinner close to Christmas. I do want to come in one evening and check out your lounge.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We were seated on time by a very friendly staff.MargieDined on 11/12/2014We will definitely return. I had been there for breakfast and this time dinner. I was good food, good service a nice find. Good parking too. Will definitely return. And it provides parking.......Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date Night!GuzGuzDined on 11/9/2014The environment was very calm and set a good romantic mood for my date and I. The hostess and servers we had were very kind and helpful with the menu. The food was excellent! If any of you are looking for a romantic date night, this place hits the spot. The drinks are very good too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous Once MoreonecookielaterDined on 11/3/2014Food was amazing, drinks were amazing, service was amazing. I love this place every single time I come. I highly recommend the Elizabeth Taylor champagne cocktail, the gorgonzola cheesecake as a starter, and the red pepper pork. Holy moly, it's lovely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and excellent service!ShannonVIPDined on 11/1/2014The food at Gracie's is very good, the service is excellent, the ambiance is lovely and the best part - you can make a reservation for brunch which in a town like Portland, gets a big thumbs up. Most places don't accept reservations and wait times can often exceed 45 minutes or more. We had the Crispy Bread Pudding French Toast and the German Pancake with a side of bacon. We also had Mimosas which came with a full champagne flute and a small carafe on the side! Our server was experienced, efficient and friendly.Special Features:
- Beautiful experience in every way!2luvfoodDined on 10/26/2014The seasonal food selections were great! And all of our dishes were delicous! Our server was kind attentive and helpful in everyway. We were celebrating a birthday with a party of seven. So I feel like we had a great selection of food. We were all so happy with our food choices that we shared the dishes with each other. Great experience all the way around!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently greatBJ2013VIPDined on 10/26/2014Food, service, ambiance is wonderful every time we dine at Gracie's. Never disappoints and we enjoy returning. Very friendly staff and very accommodating.Special Features:
- Great place. Need more vegetarianMarian123Dined on 10/26/2014I've had the spinach omelet twice and it's delicious. I want to try the bread pudding next time. The oven fried potatoes were great. The waiter was great. I'd like to see more meat-free and fish-free food on the menu.Special Features:
- Wonderful place to ourselvesmistergiantrobotDined on 10/14/2014I took my friend there for a birthday dinner and it was fabulous. Great drink selection (and mocktails, for you DDs) along with very wonderful food split up by portion and price. I had a blast and will definitely go again. They even gave my friend a free dessert!Special Features:
- Surprisingly good!AleerVIPDined on 10/6/2014Gracie's is tucked in the Hotel Deluxe and for a restaurant housed in a hotel it's exceptionally good. The menu appears to change with the season, this yields a lot of great fresh produce. I liked Gracie's so much I went a few times during my stay in Portland. It's a nice place, but not too pricey. They have a great brunch/breakfast. I also suggest a trip to the Driftwood Room Bar (just across the lobby from Gracie's) It's amazing and Gracie's supplies them with all of their snacks. I'll go again next time I am in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Portion sizes mixed strangelyJME44Dined on 10/4/2014While all our food was delicious the dinner menu is divided into three categories: appetizers, modest and substantial. We assumed this was guidance for size and, after asking the waiter, we each ordered two items. Sizes were mixed. Salad and crab cakes weren't enough for a single person while the ravioli and mushrooms together were too much. The fabulous mushrooms fed the two of us easily. So while I love the idea of portion help, the results were mixed. We have eaten here with a group for breakfast also; it's quiet which is great for ease of conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- go-to for great food with classfaddahDined on 10/4/2014gracie's, nestled in the lobby corner of the classic hotel deluxe in southwest downtown portland (near artists rep. theatre and timbers' providence park), is quite the evening dinner find. excellent, ever rotating menu guaranteed to enchant the palette of even the most serious food geek. the driftwood room bar, next door, and gracie's, and the hotel itself, carry all the very classy ambience of 1940s hollywood elite. and quite the cultured well chosen wine list, as well as well-informed wait-staff to help steer you towards both your food & drink choices depending on what you have a craving for. pricey, yes, but worth every penny, especially to impress a business contact, a group, a family, or most importantly, a lovely date.Special Features:
- Did small platesRoadWarrior45VIPDined on 10/2/2014the lamb soup was delicious. While tasty, need to know that the crab cakes are deep fried. razor calm salad was a miss as the tomato topping overwhelmed the cold clam on a lot of frissee (sp). We would go back, especially if attending Artists Rep!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Relaxng & PleasantJudyDined on 10/2/2014Nice flexible menu in that you have choices of meal size and prices. Food was tasty and service was pleasant and not rushed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect brunch spotjviolaDined on 9/28/2014This is our favorite brunch spot in portland. Food is delicious. It's very elegant. Service is lovely. And the generous serving of champagne was a pleasant surprise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently goodDeb49RoyVIPDined on 9/24/2014I've eaten at Gracie's about 4 times in the past 2 years and the food has been consistently excellent. Creative, well-done versions of Northwest Cuisine. I have never seen it crowded. I think Gracie's is substantially underrated, but am happy to keep it that way in order to avoid crowds and noise (as long as they foo enough business to stay open)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good ChoiceBigDDined on 9/23/2014Fantastic service and equally amazing food. The ambiance was great and easy to get to from downtown.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic EveningSterlingfoxDined on 9/22/2014I took my husband to Gracie's for our anniversary. We had never visted before, but I chose it for the classic feel of the restaurant. It was nice, quiet and romantic. The food was great and we really enjoyed everything we ordered . We ordered a bottle of wine, and only later learned that on Monday's it was 1/2 price day on bottles, so were dissappointed that the wait staff did not let us know this at the time we were selecting a bottle. We would have purchased a nicer bottle of wine. The wait staff were nice, but seemed very disorganized and almost tripping over themselves. For a nice atmosphere, I would expect professional behavior from wait staff, I felt that the quality of the staff was inferior. Overall a nice experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old World Glam for Modern FoodiesonecookielaterDined on 9/22/2014Gracie's, located in the Hotel deLuxe, is fabulous. Our server, Jeanine, was smashing! Super helpful, attentive, funny. We LOVED her. The hostess was lovely, the food was incredible (I had the trout almondine, it was TO DIE), and the drinks are some of the best in the city. Moderately priced and super approachable, I recommend this establishment to everyone.Special Features:
- Just what we were looking forMaverickVPDined on 9/6/2014I needed to find a place for 9 people, all from other parts of the country, including myself, to celebrate our parents' 60th wedding anniversary. Most places I looked at would not accept Open Table reservations over 6 or 8 guests. Many that I would have settled for did not have openings at the time we needed. Then I found Gracie's. It has a very elegant dining room, attentive service and a menu that accommodated many different palettes including one vegan. We got our 8:30pm reservation and although it was a slow Saturday night for Gracie's we had a terrific time. The parking in the nearby garage was validated by Gracie's as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeSimplepeepsDined on 9/6/2014Celebrating a friend birthday and as always great service food and drinksSpecial Features:
- We Keep Going Back for a ReasonRestatsVIPDined on 9/6/2014The food is very good, the service is perfect and the environment is extremely comfortable. This time we had the clam chowder, crab and shrimp cakes and duck which were all served to perfection along with a glass of iced-tea. We could not have asked for more.Special Features:
- Alan97Dined on 9/5/2014Food was just so so . The fish was way over done. The bar is great and some very interesting cocktails.Special Features:
- good food great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014able to accommodate grown ups and kids alike and a brunch menu diverse enough to cater to any dietary preferences.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014We had a birthday party for a friend, it's a really pretty place specially in the evening, we had Denver steak cause we've been told it's pretty popular, however when it got it, it was barely warm, and didn't like the taste of it at all, the sauce tasted like it had chlorine in it. Would probably come back again for a big group party, but would totally order something else!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful experience!danagDined on 8/21/2014We took my elderly mother and aunt to dinner to celebrate our wedding anniversary. The food, service and setting were outstanding! Thank you for a memorable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gracie's is comfortable styleZebramanDined on 8/10/2014Always an elegant feeling, dining at Gracie's. Excellent service in a grown-up setting adds to the great food choices. Nice Benedict, and the roasted potatoes are want-more yummy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice Hotel RestaurantGuestVIPDined on 7/30/2014Gracie's is a sophisticated, quiet and nice restaurant at the Hotel deLuxe. We have been there several times before seeing a show at the Artist's Repertory Theatre and it is incredibly convenient (1/2 block). We definitely will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A delightful breakfast.PurplePleaseDined on 7/27/2014It seems that the prices have increased since we were there last, but, what the heck, I'm not in Portland with family that often. Each dish was perfectly prepared. Our waitress seemed a little in the weeds, but we did remember her as hostess from the time before, so perhaps she was just learning... Gracie's still rocks in our book.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 802 reviews are from the Gracie's reviews archive.
- Gracie's and deLuxeChipDined on 7/24/2014These are both hidden gems in Portland. I remember when it was the Mallory and the renovation has continued to capture the charm of 20th century elegance. The only criticism I have is that the (fabulous) Driftwood Room needs to bring back the signature and famous Cheese Popcorn as a free bar snack.Special Features:
- Terrible Service/Marginal FoodkeleanoraDined on 7/20/2014After standing at the doorway for 10 minutes waiting for the hostess to return, we were escorted to a dirty table and told to wait by it while they cleaned it.The waitress didn't appear for 10 minutes and then it was another 10 before she returned with coffee or to take our order. In an hours time I was poured 1.5 cups of coffee and didn't get a water refill.My food was cold; my husbands was warm. The corned beef was good but the eggs were cold and potatoes were so overcooked they were rubbery.My husband had an oyster omelette-marginal at best.I If am paying top dollar for food, I expect top notch service. Will never go back here again.
- always a special experienceSteveADined on 7/18/2014we've frequented Gracies on a number of occasions and are never disappointed. Food is always expertly prepared and the service is very prompt, friendly, and professional.Special Features:
- Nick and LisaNickVIPDined on 7/12/2014An oasis of food sanity amidst Portland's crazy food scene. Great food and service. Elegant room. Reasonable prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A lovely birthday celebrationGZzzzVIPDined on 7/10/2014Took a dear friend to lunch to celebrate her birthday. The ambiance and food selection was perfection. Service was very good. It was, as usual, a quiet and elegant way to connect with one another. Am very happy we chose this spot even though it's a long drive from the Gorge. We will be back...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Sure I want everyone to knowwanderlustDined on 7/1/2014I am hesitant to write about this restaurant because I believe it is a hidden gem. We had dinner on Tuesday we took a friend from out of town she loved it. My husband's birthday is next Wednesday and he wants to go back. He hates to drive downtown, but believes Gracie's is worth the trip from Oregon City. There are lots of fine restaurants in Portland. Along with the great food there is usually lots of noise a feeling of being rushed. Gracie's is so different. It has great food in a beautiful comfortable setting. The music was from long ago and at just the right sound level. You could enjoy Frank Sinatra while still conversing with your friends. Everything we ordered was perfect. I now have a favorite restaurant in Portland.Special Features:
- Wife's partySimplepeepsDined on 6/28/2014Food and service was awesome.Casey helped me thru the process and didn't forget any details.Service was great and guest was really enjoyed themselves.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great serviceLaurenGHDined on 6/27/2014Located inside the deLuxe hotel, with complimentary, 2hr. valet parking, Gracie's was an actual hidden gem. It has a 1920's, Hollywood vibe and our server Scott was great. Definitely try the wild mushrooms, and if you like fish, the trout and halibut were both tasty. We also had the sweet pea ravioli, which was a delicious, fresh take on a traditional dish. Yum.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and service!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/27/20142nd visit in a week. This place has interesting selections and everything is tasty and the prices are reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.