729 SW 15th Avenue
Portland, OR 97205Neighborhood:
NorthwestPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.graciesdining.com/
- Phone: 5032222171
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Monday - Friday: 6:30am - 2:00pm; Saturday - Sunday: 8:00am - 2:00pm Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Northwest, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Mark Hosack
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Gracie's offers catering from groups of 10 up to 200. Our classic and innovative Pacific Northwest menus can please a wide variety of tastes. Anything from a power breakfast meeting to a rehearsal dinner, Gracie's culinary team will devise a menu to suit your needs. To download sample catering menus,.
- Private Party Facilities: Gracie's offers three event rooms:
· The Screening Room (with theater capabilities) - 1,240 sq.ft.
· The Green Room - 336 sq.ft.
· The Editing Room - 273 sq.ft.
· And ask about our unique rooftop space that can accommodate up to 250 people.
- Private Party Contact: Catering Department 5032282264
- Entertainment: With impressive ceilings detailed in intricate gold leaf, the Screening Room is an elegant space to entertain. The Screening Room will host a drop screen against the West wall perfect for viewing your favorite film. The room can accommodate a maximum of 120 people reception style, 80 people for sit-down and a minimum attendance of 25 people.
A word from Gracie's
Imagine stepping into a classic Hollywood eatery like Musso Franks or the Brown Derby and you'll instantly understand what this fabulous restaurant is all about. Elegant in a friendly sort of way, serving food that's easy to pronounce and always goes down with gusto.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerNorthwest
Gracie's - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Gracie's reviews from OpenTable diners
63 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (43)romantic (37)fit for foodies (29)great for brunch (25)neighborhood gem (18)great for lunch (16)good for groups (15)vibrant bar scene (8)kid-friendly (5)notable wine list (3)hot spot (3)late-night find (1)Show More
- Perfect brunch spotjviolaDined on 9/28/2014This is our favorite brunch spot in portland. Food is delicious. It's very elegant. Service is lovely. And the generous serving of champagne was a pleasant surprise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently goodDeb49RoyDined on 9/24/2014I've eaten at Gracie's about 4 times in the past 2 years and the food has been consistently excellent. Creative, well-done versions of Northwest Cuisine. I have never seen it crowded. I think Gracie's is substantially underrated, but am happy to keep it that way in order to avoid crowds and noise (as long as they foo enough business to stay open)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good ChoiceBigDDined on 9/23/2014Fantastic service and equally amazing food. The ambiance was great and easy to get to from downtown.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic EveningSterlingfoxDined on 9/22/2014I took my husband to Gracie's for our anniversary. We had never visted before, but I chose it for the classic feel of the restaurant. It was nice, quiet and romantic. The food was great and we really enjoyed everything we ordered . We ordered a bottle of wine, and only later learned that on Monday's it was 1/2 price day on bottles, so were dissappointed that the wait staff did not let us know this at the time we were selecting a bottle. We would have purchased a nicer bottle of wine. The wait staff were nice, but seemed very disorganized and almost tripping over themselves. For a nice atmosphere, I would expect professional behavior from wait staff, I felt that the quality of the staff was inferior. Overall a nice experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old World Glam for Modern FoodiesonecookielaterDined on 9/22/2014Gracie's, located in the Hotel deLuxe, is fabulous. Our server, Jeanine, was smashing! Super helpful, attentive, funny. We LOVED her. The hostess was lovely, the food was incredible (I had the trout almondine, it was TO DIE), and the drinks are some of the best in the city. Moderately priced and super approachable, I recommend this establishment to everyone.Special Features:
- Just what we were looking forMaverickVPDined on 9/6/2014I needed to find a place for 9 people, all from other parts of the country, including myself, to celebrate our parents' 60th wedding anniversary. Most places I looked at would not accept Open Table reservations over 6 or 8 guests. Many that I would have settled for did not have openings at the time we needed. Then I found Gracie's. It has a very elegant dining room, attentive service and a menu that accommodated many different palettes including one vegan. We got our 8:30pm reservation and although it was a slow Saturday night for Gracie's we had a terrific time. The parking in the nearby garage was validated by Gracie's as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeSimplepeepsDined on 9/6/2014Celebrating a friend birthday and as always great service food and drinksSpecial Features:
- We Keep Going Back for a ReasonRestatsDined on 9/6/2014The food is very good, the service is perfect and the environment is extremely comfortable. This time we had the clam chowder, crab and shrimp cakes and duck which were all served to perfection along with a glass of iced-tea. We could not have asked for more.Special Features:
- Alan97Dined on 9/5/2014Food was just so so . The fish was way over done. The bar is great and some very interesting cocktails.Special Features:
- good food great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014able to accommodate grown ups and kids alike and a brunch menu diverse enough to cater to any dietary preferences.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014We had a birthday party for a friend, it's a really pretty place specially in the evening, we had Denver steak cause we've been told it's pretty popular, however when it got it, it was barely warm, and didn't like the taste of it at all, the sauce tasted like it had chlorine in it. Would probably come back again for a big group party, but would totally order something else!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful experience!danagDined on 8/21/2014We took my elderly mother and aunt to dinner to celebrate our wedding anniversary. The food, service and setting were outstanding! Thank you for a memorable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gracie's is comfortable styleZebramanDined on 8/10/2014Always an elegant feeling, dining at Gracie's. Excellent service in a grown-up setting adds to the great food choices. Nice Benedict, and the roasted potatoes are want-more yummy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice Hotel RestaurantGuestDined on 7/30/2014Gracie's is a sophisticated, quiet and nice restaurant at the Hotel deLuxe. We have been there several times before seeing a show at the Artist's Repertory Theatre and it is incredibly convenient (1/2 block). We definitely will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A delightful breakfast.PurplePleaseDined on 7/27/2014It seems that the prices have increased since we were there last, but, what the heck, I'm not in Portland with family that often. Each dish was perfectly prepared. Our waitress seemed a little in the weeds, but we did remember her as hostess from the time before, so perhaps she was just learning... Gracie's still rocks in our book.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gracie's and deLuxeChipDined on 7/24/2014These are both hidden gems in Portland. I remember when it was the Mallory and the renovation has continued to capture the charm of 20th century elegance. The only criticism I have is that the (fabulous) Driftwood Room needs to bring back the signature and famous Cheese Popcorn as a free bar snack.Special Features:
- Terrible Service/Marginal FoodkeleanoraDined on 7/20/2014After standing at the doorway for 10 minutes waiting for the hostess to return, we were escorted to a dirty table and told to wait by it while they cleaned it.The waitress didn't appear for 10 minutes and then it was another 10 before she returned with coffee or to take our order. In an hours time I was poured 1.5 cups of coffee and didn't get a water refill.My food was cold; my husbands was warm. The corned beef was good but the eggs were cold and potatoes were so overcooked they were rubbery.My husband had an oyster omelette-marginal at best.I If am paying top dollar for food, I expect top notch service. Will never go back here again.
- always a special experienceSteveADined on 7/18/2014we've frequented Gracies on a number of occasions and are never disappointed. Food is always expertly prepared and the service is very prompt, friendly, and professional.Special Features:
- Nick and LisaNickDined on 7/12/2014An oasis of food sanity amidst Portland's crazy food scene. Great food and service. Elegant room. Reasonable prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A lovely birthday celebrationGZzzzDined on 7/10/2014Took a dear friend to lunch to celebrate her birthday. The ambiance and food selection was perfection. Service was very good. It was, as usual, a quiet and elegant way to connect with one another. Am very happy we chose this spot even though it's a long drive from the Gorge. We will be back...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Sure I want everyone to knowwanderlustDined on 7/1/2014I am hesitant to write about this restaurant because I believe it is a hidden gem. We had dinner on Tuesday we took a friend from out of town she loved it. My husband's birthday is next Wednesday and he wants to go back. He hates to drive downtown, but believes Gracie's is worth the trip from Oregon City. There are lots of fine restaurants in Portland. Along with the great food there is usually lots of noise a feeling of being rushed. Gracie's is so different. It has great food in a beautiful comfortable setting. The music was from long ago and at just the right sound level. You could enjoy Frank Sinatra while still conversing with your friends. Everything we ordered was perfect. I now have a favorite restaurant in Portland.Special Features:
- Wife's partySimplepeepsDined on 6/28/2014Food and service was awesome.Casey helped me thru the process and didn't forget any details.Service was great and guest was really enjoyed themselves.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great serviceLaurenGHDined on 6/27/2014Located inside the deLuxe hotel, with complimentary, 2hr. valet parking, Gracie's was an actual hidden gem. It has a 1920's, Hollywood vibe and our server Scott was great. Definitely try the wild mushrooms, and if you like fish, the trout and halibut were both tasty. We also had the sweet pea ravioli, which was a delicious, fresh take on a traditional dish. Yum.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and service!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/27/20142nd visit in a week. This place has interesting selections and everything is tasty and the prices are reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cocktails Were the HighlightWanderingThroughTheWildDined on 6/26/2014Gracie's is fantastic for ambiance and drinks but the food offerings were sadly bit of a let down. Portions were not substantial and the food itself was tasty but nothing compared to some of the other local Portland offerings. The one exception was the delicious chocolate cake for dessert. While the dinner was a nice quiet get away for a double date I am not sure I will be visiting again if in the area.Special Features:
- Great AgainRestatsDined on 6/21/2014Because we spend so much time at Artists Rep around the corner, we stop here for lunches and dinners frequently. This was one of those times between shows in the building. There are many theater companies who now use the Artists Rep facility so there are more opportunities to stop by DeLuxe. The service is always first rate and the food is excellent. This was true this time and we will be back again.Special Features:
- Gracie'sOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/20/2014A very nice and quit upscale dinner restaurant in Portland.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfullBabbaDined on 6/20/2014The service was knowledgeable and prompt. The food absolutely exceeded my expectations. I will be back often. I have already recommended to just about everyone I saw this weekend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant DiningJudyDined on 6/19/2014We especially love dining at Gracie's with friends because we can actually have a conversation and hear each other. It is refreshing not to have music blaring. The food has greatly improved over the last year. We like the choices in sizes and all of our dinners were excellent with the exception of the mango & greens salad. Greens were wilted, 2 tiny slices of mango had little flavor and blah dressing. My husband had the wedge and loved it. My crab cakes were delicious. Very relaxing with an efficient and pleasant wait staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always happy thereJuicy1Dined on 6/15/2014Great food, beautiful surroundings. Classy spot for a girls' brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good pre-theater choiceFerryfanDined on 6/14/2014Gracie's is literally around the block from Artists' Repertory Theatre, one of Portland's top venues. They have nice wines, specialty cocktails, and a balance of small plates and more substantial fare. Service is attentive and attuned to playgoing customers. One of our party had a special request (sulfite allergy, no vinegar or wine-based sauces) which was handled with no drama. Altogether, quite a pleasant way to start a night on the town.Special Features:
- fransceneDined on 6/12/2014We shared 4 smallish plates for dinner which added up to a unique and tasty meal. I wish all restaurants had portion size options like Gracie's. Really greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprising little gemtigerdgDined on 6/7/2014Gracie's, nestled in the DeLuxe Hotel in north Goose Hollow, is a real find. It never feels crowded, and the atmosphere is intimate. Out wait staff was cordial but not overly familiar, professional but not aloof, subtle but not inattentive. The food was meticulously prepared and delicious. We had two entrees and had room to share one of their less substantial "modest" dishes as well. They have a nicely varied wine list, and the staff is both knowledgeable and helpful. Their dessert menu is extensive, and the deluxe Spanish Coffee is not to be missed. They also feature valet parking, a great help if there is both bad weather and a Timber's game. All this, and reasonably priced, too. This place is on our "will come back" list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The COKE I orderd has 80% iceAndyDined on 6/7/2014I saw the waiter 2 times 1)when order and 2)he give me the bill. No service, Just give you the food and the bill.
- The following 783 reviews are from the Gracie's reviews archive.
- Wonderful experiencePacificblueLCDined on 5/29/2014The food is excellent, the service is fantastic, they work with people that have food allergies - even have a special menu for you. Great ambiance. Not pushy at all. Very fun.Special Features:
- Mr. Eugene ValjeanevgynyDined on 5/29/2014My wife, Judith, died four-and-one-half years ago. We were frequent visitors to The Drifside. Also, I attend some of the Portland Public Schools Administrators luncheons. From time-to-time I come alone or with a guest not olly to the bar, but also, to "Gracie's The food in both the bar and Gracie's is alwas delicious. You will see me again soon! I hope to convince others to enjoy your offerings,too! Your venue has special during the last thirty-five-years at "The Mallory"and its successor "The Deluxe Hotel"Special Features:
- great food, great for conversationjphvsDined on 5/27/2014This high-end restaurant (high-end in all senses) is very reasonably priced, with wines at what appears to be a much lower mark-up than elsewhere. I was there with a group of 8, and the total bill came to only $40 per person, wine included. Unlike almost all PDX high-end restaurants, at Gracie's you can actually have a conversation. Very strongly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/21/2014In addition to great food and wine and service. They take care of you when you need to get to the theater or Thorns game on time! Very prompt service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for a special occasionPaltravelDined on 5/18/2014This was our second annual birthday celebration for my elderly mother. The atmosphere is 'Garbo' classic and takes you to a time bygone. The coffee was excellent and plentiful. With the first entree, German Pancake, the batter was way too thin and brittle without much flavor. The smoked salmon with bagel, cream cheese, capers, onion and tomato was excellent. A lot of salmon left over for a doggie bag, making the price reasonable. Finally, the mushroom/spinach eggs benedict was excellent, but the potatoes were limp and not good. So, all in all I'd say the food was hit and miss this time, but service was good and the ambiance was delightful. By the time we left it was completely full and the noise level was getting very loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful service!OperaDuoDined on 5/15/2014We dropped by here on the way to the opera. We had been to Gracie's for breakfast and lunch, but this was our first time for dinner. the entrees were unique, substantial, and tasty. Tarah, our server was perfectSpecial Features: