188 Waterfront Street
National Harbor, MD 20745Neighborhood:
AsianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.gracesrestaurants.com/
- Phone: 3018393788x
- Hours of Operation:
Open Daily at 11:30 am, Lunch Menu available till 2:30pm
Lunch: Monday - Sunday from 11:30 am - 2:30 pm
Full dinner menu is available throughout the day.
Dinner: Sunday until 10:00 pm
Monday-Thursday until 11:00 pm
Friday-Saturday until 12:00 am
Happy Hours: Monday thru Friday from 3:00pm to 6:00pm. Excludes Holidays.
Full Menu Available for Carry Out.
Dress Code: Business/Smart Casual.
Offering gift card rewards! Please visit our website for further details.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Asian, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Orion Chen
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Our exclusive Mezzanine is available for private or semi-private parties, dinners up to 50 people, or cocktail receptions up to 65 guests. A semi-private area with a panoramic view of the Potomac River. Larger semi-private spaces are available, please call us to inquiry.
- Private Party Facilities: Semi-Private to Private space available for parties from 15 to 300. Please call from the times of 11:00am to 6:00pm for information.
- Private Party Contact: Kevin Lee 301-839-3788x
- Entertainment: We are not featuring any live entertainment.
- Special Events: Come and join us on "RESTAURANT WEEK" SUNDAY 3/23- THURSDAY 3/27 2014 We are featuring a Three course Dinner pre-fix menu for only $35.14 per person & Three Course Lunch pre-fix menu for only $20.14 per person. The Menu is Available on our website.
Come and join us for our Happy Hour with half priced small plates, half price on sushi, $5 draft beer, $5 hot sake and select cold sake, $7 signature drinks and martinis, and also half priced select bottles of wine. Monday through Friday from 3:00pm to 6:00pm.
*Dine in only, excludes holidays, cannot be combined with any other discounts or offers, excludes sushi from chef's selection, some restrictions may apply
A word from Grace's Mandarin
Grace’s Mandarin presents a fusion of modern Asian inspired dishes with a flair in a casual and elegant ambiance. Come and enjoy our fresh and impressive selection of sushi, paired with one our Sake selections. Our intimate lounge features stylish cocktails along with an extensive wine & champagne list. Grace's Mandarin features spectacular views of the Potomac River, in the heart of prominent National Harbor, located across the street from the Gaylord National Hotel and Convention Center and across the Woodrow Wilson Bridge, just minutes from Old Town Alexandria and Washington, D.C. Come and view our three-story waterfall and our 33-foot Buddha will heighten your dining experience with us. Thank you and we hope you will enjoy your dining experience with us.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Grace's Mandarin - Best Restaurants in National Harbor ›
Grace's Mandarin reviews from OpenTable diners
245 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (178)special occasion (145)good for groups (115)romantic (101)fit for foodies (78)great for lunch (53)hot spot (44)neighborhood gem (33)great for outdoor dining (33)great for brunch (29)notable wine list (29)late-night find (26)vibrant bar scene (25)kid-friendly (24)Show More
- Very nice dinerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/14/2014Excellent service, good food (sushi and sashimi special). Value for moneySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A gem at National HarborGr8fulhi10Dined on 9/14/2014From the warm staff to the spectacular view, there are many details that enhance a great dining experience. Ladies are given a perch for their purse, so it does't have to hang from the chair or sit on the floor. Warm hand towels allow each guest to be refreshed, before and after the meal. I even noticed a selection of cheaters (magnifying eyeglasses) in case a guest did not have theirs handy! The menu is diverse, wonderfully fresh, and interesting, both for the mainstream and the more adventuresome taste buds. Prep and presentation are splendid. The only item I tasted that did not 'wow' me was the hot and sour soup...and it was still good. I definitely recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Evening!DoroDined on 9/13/2014Loved this restaurant. Great views of the water. WONDERFUL service - you are well cared for there. Menu is varied so everyone can find something they will love and it was all VERY good. The views are spectacular. While there was music playing, they managed to keep it at a level where we could still have a conversation, but it felt very lively and hip. Definitely will go back again!! It was a wonderful dining experience.Special Features:
- Great on all but the food...OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/13/2014This place can be a complete hit or miss depending on what you're looking for. It has an excellent atmosphere and top notch service, but the food isn't any better than your neighborhood take-out joint. The wine menu, while there were plenty of choices, was also pretty subpar, and the mixed drinks reminded me of college. I couldn't decide if this deserved two or three stars overall because the food was just so "eh." (Disclaimer: we did NOT try the sushi, and I'd be willing to go back to give that a shot. I don't expect that to happen any time soon, though.)Special Features:
- 24annversityDined on 9/13/2014Was a little taken back that I could not order on of your rice dishes as a small side dish as oppose to an entrée. The crème burlee was not custardy nor sweet enough also the top was a light burnt.Special Features:
- Cold atmosphereLuv2DineOutDined on 9/12/2014Server did not have any customer service experience. Food was not worth the $75 for two people. Temperature was so cold, I had to keep my jacket on. 2 spring rolls were $10. That's $5 each... Menu did not read that way.
- LunchBooksDined on 9/12/2014Met business partner for meeting. Restaurant not crowded, seated immediately upstairs by window with great view overlooking water. Not level was very good for conversations. Ordered sushi from extensive selection on menu, trying a couple of the Chef's Special. We were not disappointed! Service was prompt and courteous. Would highly recommend!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding RestaurantVetManDined on 9/11/2014Great place to meet with friends and catch the view of the Potomac!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stellar happy hour specials!JJsunshineVIPDined on 9/10/2014I recently attended a meeting at the Gaylord, and afterwards my colleague and I went to Grace's Mandarin to grab a bite. It so happened to be happy hour (with 15 minutes to spare). It worked out great - we were planning to have sushi, and it was 1/2 off for happy hour. The sushi was much better than I expected (I say this because my experience ordering sushi at a Chinese restaurant has typically been abysmal). So, we ordered 5 cut rolls (6 pieces/each), plus salads, and non alcoholic drinks. The total was ridiculously cheap - $32!!! I was pleasantly surprised, even at happy hour! They have great outdoor seating, but we ended up inside on the second floor.Special Features:
- Two thumbs and two toes up!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/10/2014Great attention to detail, in particular picking up on my note in opentable mentioning our celebration of a 40th wedding anniversary and surprising us with a little gift. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 9/9/2014My colleague and I dined here this week and the food was really great. It was expensive, but we enjoyed everything from the cocktails (Orchid), the special sushi rolls and the whole crispy rockfish was amazing.Special Features:
- The food was very expensivejeffkDined on 9/8/2014The food was average , the service was slow and the staff arrogant
- PatriciaDined on 9/6/2014Restaurant has an enviable location. We were seated on the third floor which is a little claustrophobic. The large group next to our table was very loud. The food marked spicy on the menu was not really spicy at all. Generally, a good experience however and I would return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner with friendsdiningindcDined on 9/6/2014Walked to the Cirque du Soleil show and when the show was over we had reservations at Grace's Mandarin. We were able to walk to the restaurant; had a good meal and good conversation with friends. Great spot on the National Harbor.Special Features:
- Romantic Dinner for 2LuckynLoveDined on 9/6/2014Great location on National Harbor with romantic views of the river and shoreline. Loved the decorations and room layout, we were seated on the 2nd floor in a large circular booth versus table and chairs which turned out great for us as we were able to sit close together and share our meal and sneak in a few hugs and kisses. The food was delicious with a variety of flavors, colors, smells and textures (we had the lobster, scallops and shrimp in the cognac sauce) along with a Mandarin salad and finished with the Mango flavored cake. Coffee was excellent. Waitress was prompt, polite and very friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over priced Chinese foodEasyDinerDined on 9/6/2014The ignored my request for a window seat. The food was mediocre. 15 bucks for two spring rolls! Service was good though.Special Features:
- it was nice.johndoeDined on 9/5/2014I loved the food. The service was a little slow and our server Apple seemed a little tired. Maybe she had a long day of work. Our waters weren't refilled and I had to get the attention of someone else. It seemed lIke the older guests got more attention than we did. But maybe that's just me. I would definitely come back again though!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Alexandria Buzz Examiner ExperienceAlexandriaBuzzExaminerDined on 9/5/2014http://www.examiner.com/review/restaurant-grace-s-mandarin-continues-to-be-a-great-place-to-dine-2014Special Features:
- What a memorable experienceLindaDined on 8/30/2014The dining experience and scenic view was spectacular. Our request for a window table to view the fireworks was met. The server was attentive and gave great feedback about the food. My husband and I were indecisive about our entree choice until our server recommended the seabass and Hong Kong xo shrimp. I got the Hong Kong shrimp and let me tell you, it was incredible! So flavorful, which is what I was looking for! It was so good that I was craving for Graces the next day! Now that's what I'm talking about.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nancy CcarbonesDined on 8/30/2014Great food. Tables upstairs are too close together. Can hear conversations of people right next to you. Can just about eat off their plate too.Special Features:
- good Chinnesse placepekin1duckDined on 8/30/2014Good personal attendance and fast service, food is reasonably goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Experience!ami21784Dined on 8/29/2014Everything was incredible. A beautiful atmosphere, delicious food, and wonderful service. Would highly recommend and will be returning soon!Special Features:
- Great ambianceNotafoodieDined on 8/26/2014Sitting upstairs with the sun setting across the Potomac our group of seven thought the food was superb. Great flavors, good service,and great atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice food barely survives settingOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/24/2014Three out of four large dishes we had were good to very good. One disappointing. Tables are too small--considering that the to-be-shared large dishes in the menu take up a lot of space And what could have been a spectacular spot is ruined by an over-decorated unsubtle set-up.
- Highly disappointed1hotfoodieVIPDined on 8/24/2014My husband and I are always in search for great Chinese food. That's why when family and friends told us we needed to try Grace's at National Harbor we immediately made our way. My husband ordered the sea bass, I had shrimp fried rice and our kids ordered the shrimp lo mien. Much to our surprise (and disappointment) it was not good! The lo mein was under cooked (for my liking), the sea bass tasted as if it was from a frozen bag while the shrimp fried rice had no taste. THEN, to add insult to injury the waiter brings the bill $98!?!?! We left there disappointed (by the food), shocked (by the bill) and hungry. No plans to returnSpecial Features:
- alexandriajscVIPDined on 8/23/2014Our go-to restaurant at National Harbor. Always great!Special Features:
- Rough Visitpho11Dined on 8/23/2014I think this was my 4th time to GM and have to say it was unfortunately my worst. The waitress didn't come to see us very many times, and the food was mediocre. I know that every once in a while, there is a bad trip, but I wouldn't let this visit stop me from coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A-OkaychibifoodieDined on 8/23/2014Your eyes can’t help but be the size of saucers as you intake the insane amounts of red and gold throughout the 2 story restaurant with its overwhelmingly beautiful artsy decor. It’s an impressive space with nooks carved out to house larger parties in a seemingly more private settings plus floor to ceiling windows providing a picturesque panorama of National Harbor. The food, they categorize their dishes as small and large plates but the entire menu is considered for single person consumption (usually I think small and large plates equals family-style, not here, so do not be mistaken by the smaller portions, which are pretty spot on by the way). We had quite an array of the menu amongst our party, so I got to nosh a little of everything.Special Features:
- Nothing SpecialfoodfancyVIPDined on 8/20/2014Food and service were fine but nothing special. It's as though Grace's Mandarin is trying to be a bigger and more extravagant PF Chang's but it misses the mark in a big way.Special Features:
- Fabulous dining experience!Luv2dineDined on 8/19/2014This is the place to go if you want a beautiful dining experience. The food is extremely good, cocktails perfect, and the ambiance is amazing. It is a bit pricey, so I would suggest only going on special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very ScenicOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/18/2014Food was good but a bit overpriced. The scenary was great. Service great.Special Features:
- Fits in with the areamartyz3318Dined on 8/16/2014And from me, that's not much of a recommendation. I find the entire of National Harbor to feel as artificial as the "villages" in Walt Disney World. While the service is less cheery (a good thing) and more professional, the prices are the most Disney-esque thing about the restaurant. We had two appetizers, two mains, and a shared dessert. No alcohol. And the bill (with tax and tip) was $85. I can get better value elsewhere.Special Features:
- Amazing Experience!!DrMrsMomDined on 8/15/2014We enjoyed every bite of our food! Our server, Thor, was great! His recommendations were spot on. I ventured out of my comfort zone and was not disappointed. The food came out in good time and looked amazing! Needless to say, Thor gathered a round of empty plates with every course!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great spot!JessiAndDavisDined on 8/14/2014We got sushi - which was excellent and the place was gorgeous. We especially appreciated them accommodating us for being in a hurry to get to a show on time! We'll definitely be going back.Special Features:
- The best food and best ambiance!!!!IoanaDined on 8/14/2014Our experience at Grace's Mandarin was an unforgetable one! From food, the excellent service and to the beautiful view and the extraordinary presence of wonderful Rina, the manager, everything is more than one can ask for! Great place to dine and enjoy with family and friends! We only will dine there if are in National Harbor or even close by that area. Ioana U.Special Features:
- wonderful!HopelesslyDevotedToHimDined on 8/14/2014Went for my birthday and the staff and food are amazing!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, not as good as anticipatedSandrewDined on 8/13/2014We've been to Grace 3 times prior to this dinner. The food is truly wonderful and ambiance is stunning. The 3 times we were here before, the service was exceptional. This time however, our waiter seemed distracted. We were seated at a table for four (there were 4 of us). There were only 3 place settings and our waiter had to be reminded twice to bring another service. When he did, after the food was served, he unceremoniously handed the silver and chopsticks draped with an unfolded napkin over the food of another guest. I was not offered a second glass of wine although we were there for about 70 minutes. The hot towels (always a special touch) were given without a plate to discard them so we piled them at the end of the table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice spot in the National Harboranooru1Dined on 8/12/2014Took my wife here for an early dinner for her birthday. It was right next to the cirque du soleil show we had tickets for later that evening. The ambience is overall very nice (highlighted by a large golden "Buddah" type statue). Some of the areas looked like they could use some touch up with paint, etc. The service was solid. The food was very good as well (Sushi, shrimp dishes, as well as Singapore rice - sans pork - were all tried). They even gave my wife a set of gift wrapped chop sticks and cookies for her birthday.Special Features:
- First time at Graces MandarinAle22142Dined on 8/12/2014Thr first thing we noticed was the decour. Beautiful oriental pieces, your eyes go to different places. We went during their happy hour so we had some great appetizers abd sushi for great prices, their drinks were sweet for the most part and our server was eager to help us make selections and attentive to our needs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulNoraCDined on 8/10/2014We had a wonderful dinner and the service was superb - from the warm towels to open and close the dinner, to the specialty cocktails to our gracious server, it was a lovely experience. I would highly recommend a visit to Grace's Mandarin!Special Features: