188 Waterfront Street
National Harbor, MD 20745Neighborhood:
AsianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.gracesrestaurants.com/
- Phone: (301) 839-3788
- Hours of Operation:
Open Daily at 11:30 am, Lunch Menu available till 2:30pm
Lunch: Monday - Sunday from 11:30 am - 2:30 pm
Full dinner menu is available throughout the day.
Dinner: Sunday until 10:00 pm
Monday-Thursday until 11:00 pm
Friday-Saturday until 12:00 am
Happy Hours: Monday thru Friday from 3:00pm to 6:00pm. Excludes Holidays.
Full Menu Available for Carry Out.
Dress Code: Business/Smart Casual.
Offering gift card rewards! Please visit our website for further details.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Asian, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Orion Chen
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Our exclusive Mezzanine is available for private or semi-private parties, dinners up to 50 people, or cocktail receptions up to 65 guests. A semi-private area with a panoramic view of the Potomac River. Larger semi-private spaces are available, please call us to inquiry.
- Private Party Facilities: Semi-Private to Private space available for parties from 15 to 300. Please call from the times of 11:00am to 6:00pm for information.
- Private Party Contact: Kevin Lee 301-839-3788x
- Entertainment: We are not featuring any live entertainment.
- Special Events: Come and join us on "RESTAURANT WEEK" SUNDAY 3/23- THURSDAY 3/27 2014 We are featuring a Three course Dinner pre-fix menu for only $35.14 per person & Three Course Lunch pre-fix menu for only $20.14 per person. The Menu is Available on our website.
Come and join us for our Happy Hour with half priced small plates, half price on sushi, $5 draft beer, $5 hot sake and select cold sake, $7 signature drinks and martinis, and also half priced select bottles of wine. Monday through Friday from 3:00pm to 6:00pm.
*Dine in only, excludes holidays, cannot be combined with any other discounts or offers, excludes sushi from chef's selection, some restrictions may apply
A word from Grace's Mandarin
Grace’s Mandarin presents a fusion of modern Asian inspired dishes with a flair in a casual and elegant ambiance. Come and enjoy our fresh and impressive selection of sushi, paired with one our Sake selections. Our intimate lounge features stylish cocktails along with an extensive wine & champagne list. Grace's Mandarin features spectacular views of the Potomac River, in the heart of prominent National Harbor, located across the street from the Gaylord National Hotel and Convention Center and across the Woodrow Wilson Bridge, just minutes from Old Town Alexandria and Washington, D.C. Come and view our three-story waterfall and our 33-foot Buddha will heighten your dining experience with us. Thank you and we hope you will enjoy your dining experience with us.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Grace's Mandarin - Best Restaurants in National Harbor ›
Grace's Mandarin reviews from OpenTable diners
220 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (152)special occasion (136)good for groups (105)romantic (96)fit for foodies (83)neighborhood gem (42)great for lunch (41)hot spot (34)late-night find (29)notable wine list (26)great for outdoor dining (24)vibrant bar scene (23)great for brunch (17)kid-friendly (14)Show More
- Great food with amazing views.DCloverDined on 11/22/2014I've heard lots of great things about this restaurant. I've really enjoyed their happy hour with the outdoor seating, but I finally had dinner here. The restaurant is huge with tons of energy. They have an extensive Chinese and sushi menu, so it was easy to find something that I liked (and my vegetarian friend has many options)!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- impeccablebilboDined on 11/21/2014What a fun and refined evening. Purse stools, coat covers, quietly efficient service, stunning ungimmicky flavorful food. Completely exceeded expectations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HrmphMandaLeighDined on 11/19/2014The food was mediocre and overpriced Asian fusion. We choose it bc it was walking distance to the resort our friend was staying in. The ambiance was fantastic and our booth was private and comfortable. Out waitress was inattentive at best. After she delivered our food, she didn't come back until the end of our meal. I had to flag down a bus person to bring me something that I needed. You are paying for location (close to resort) and ambiance at this restaurant.
- Birthday CelebrationMelindaVIPDined on 11/15/2014Celebrated my husband's birthday at Grace's. The food was delicious, high quality, and there is a large variety. The restaurant is beautiful and feels special. The pricing is reasonable. The staff were great and gave my husband a small birthday present which was a nice touch. I highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to have dinner!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/15/2014Great food and service. Highly recommend especially for an anniversary or other celebration.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RegiVIPDined on 11/15/2014Grace's at National Harbor is definitely worth a return visit. The service was wonderful and the sunset view during the meal was an added bonus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gracie's is gracefulSoupVIPDined on 11/11/2014Our first experience with Gracie's Mandarin was very lovely. The decor is beautifully done, there is ample space between tables, and if one is lucky enough to get a window table, the view overlooking the river is spectacular. The food is artfully prepared, and there are some fine subtle tastes. The level of spiciness can be adjusted for your taste buds.There are amble and inventive items for the vegetarians. If there was one flaw, I would say that it is the price of the meal. Certainly a lunch should not cost nearly $30, and that does not include drinks or dessert! Given the amount of business that Gracie's does, I suspect they could lower their prices a bit. Will we return? Probably, but we will be careful about the $$ of what we order!Special Features:
- Good but...VeesquaredDined on 11/7/2014The food was disappointing, but the service and ambience were good. A light was out over our table making the dim atmosphere downright dark.Special Features:
- Graces mandarin top notch!CpakkgDined on 11/6/2014We were treated like queens..,the food and service was top notch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Grace's MandarinefoodfunDined on 11/6/2014Great food, great service. We were on a tight schedule at dinner time and the server put us at ease so that we could enjoy our meals and not feel rushed. A real pleasure!Special Features:
- Amazing anniversary nightATLFoodLoverDined on 11/5/2014My Girlfriend and I were looking for a new restaurant to try for our 2nd anniversary. After searching for restaurants at National Harbor we chose Grace's Mandarin for our love of sushi. Little did we know how friendly and hospitable the staff would be. Everyone there welcomed us with great smiles and made for such a great evening. The food was amazing and the sushi was especially fresh! I had requested a table w a great view as to set a romantic venue and they accommadated that request to my fullest expectations. We will definitely be back to enjoy another evening at Grace's in the near future!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a fantastic evening!!LoverockbassVIPDined on 11/1/2014Grace's is a great place to go for a meal, ambiance and a great time!! This is the first time at this restaurant and it was well worth the trip!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant DiningPleasantDined on 10/26/2014I found Grace's Mandarin to be a great restaurant that pays attention to detail. The food was delicious and the ambiance beautiful. It was a very pleasant dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperiencePickyDinerDined on 10/25/2014First of all, Grace's Mandarin is a beautiful restaurant with stunning views of the Potomac. Our service was perfect. Our server was very attentive and was able to recommend some very good choices. The calamari appetizer was tender and tasty. I ordered from the Prixe Fixe menu. This came with a delicious salad, a main course of your choice and a dessert of delicious Mango Souffle. The evening ended with the manager bringing my daughter a sample of the tea she had ordered as a birthday gift from the restaurant!Special Features:
- EXCELLENT service!Renaa032Dined on 10/24/2014Grace's worked with us even when 3 people that RSVPed with our group didn't show! Our surroundings where elegant and the service was seamless! The FOOD! My goodness it is great! And for a couple who lived in China for 2 years that's saying a lot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very ImpressedVeryHappyVIPDined on 10/20/2014Ambience, Service and Food were outstanding … highly recommend anything off their sushi/sashimi menu! Grace's Mandarin will definitely be added as one of our favorites in the DC/MD area :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Sushi!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/18/2014We thoroughly enjoyed this restaurant! The Miso soup and seaweed salad were great appetizers and you can't miss out on ordering sushi.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing evening!Ham469Dined on 10/13/2014This was our first anniversary and my wife and I enjoy exploring food. Grace's Mandarin was a wonderful experience. We each had the Snap Dragon (Riesling for her, Pinot Noir for me) which was well balanced with the crab rangoon (amazing) and crispy spring rolls. Her entree was the diver scallop (served on a very hot skillet) covered in a delicious sauce and I had the Chef's sushi deluxe that included uni, which I've never had before. Tea and coffee with dessert (creme brulee), and an aperitif rounded out our evening. Including tip, the meal was less than $200. The decor is comfortable and eye-catching, wait staff is attentive without hovering, and food arrives quickly. We will be back to explore more of the menu! Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Grace's Mandarin - Superb!!SteveandAmyDinersDined on 10/12/2014Grace's Mandarin is a great departure from most Chinese Restaurants. The operator obviously sweated every detail in ensuring an authentic Chinese atmosphere. The food and service were excellent. Our server was very knowledgeable about the dishes we wanted and went out of his way to ensure a great dining experience. I like the fact that the restaurant gives hot towels to cleanse one's hands before and after the meal. The angus filet mignon and vegetables dish I ate was superb. The restaurant also helped us celebrate my wife's birthday with a cheesecake dessert with a candle and several small gifts. We will go there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- rasta280Dined on 10/4/2014Food was very good, atmosphere wasn't what I expected. Not as romantic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/3/2014Great restaurant, food was amazing. Great view. Great restaurant, food was amazing. Great viewSpecial Features:
- Spectacular serviceFIC311Dined on 9/29/2014Have to say - Grace's Mandarin staff was fantastic. We had a party of 9. We had a server who knew the menu --inside/out -- made suggestions for drinks/wine. We were not rushed-- but maybe because it was a Monday evening? So we had plenty of time to enjoy a fantastic meal and a great view from the upper portion of the restaurant. Highly recommend for admins that are searching for board dinner locations.Special Features:
- well doneOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/29/2014the lamb chop appetizers, the teriyaki salmon and the crispy beef were too well-done. well-done does not mean burned, dry and crunchy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yay, Grace's!jglynnDined on 9/27/2014On a recommendation from a co-worker, I decided to hit up Grace's for date night with the s.o. So glad I made reservations because there was a terrible wait (Sat. night around 8). Seated immediately upstairs on the main level dining. From the moment you walk-in the restaurant is captivating from the lighting to the exquisitely done decor. I kept staring at the over-sized golden BUDDHA (gorgeous). Started with the pan fried calamari (yes), then the teriyaki salmon and brown rice (fresh), and ended with the cheesecake (there's only one kind, raspberry). Impressive wine list but didn't get to that this time. Went with the house cocktail called the Woo-Tang! Delish and strong! Most definitely WILL be back!Special Features:
- Besties night outNiss67VIPDined on 9/27/2014My bestie and I had dinner here Saturday and everything was great! The mandarin bellinis were excellent! I had the whole rockfish (seemed to be popular) and it was good, not the best I have had good. I think the sauce was a little heavier than expected for a Thai dish. I have had this dish at other places and this one was not as Thai flavored as I had expected. My bestie had the seafood singapore noodle dish and she raved about it. Lovely view. Beautiful decor! WONDERFUL service! There was such a good vibe, we were there for 5 hours; eating, drinking and talking. A really nice adult experience.Special Features:
- Food did not come out rightOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/26/2014I ordered a dish with chicken and shrimp, the dish came out missing the shrimp. The waiter attempted to correct the situation but did not know the correct way to handle it. This dish was good without the shrimp, but I did not get what I asked for!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Birthday DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014I made a reservation at Grace Mandarin few days in advance to take a close friend out for her birthday. I also called and asked for a window table, and we were able to get it. When we arrived at the hostess station, I was carrying a pink gift bag, but the hostess still seemed to know it was my friend's birthday and wished her a happy birthday. The manager came by and said hello and wished her a happy birthday as well and gave her a couple of small gifts from the restaurant. During dessert, they put a couple of candles on the piece of cake. As a result, it was a very pleasant dining experienceSpecial Features:
- Good but Not Great!CreditwhendueDined on 9/26/2014The food was tasty, surprisingly not hot considering the restaurant was not completely full. Ambience was nice, and still pricey!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceWorldtravellerDined on 9/26/2014The food was great, service even better. Little on a pricy site, but would come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always a nice experiencetitoVIPDined on 9/21/2014great dinner, excellent service. The napoleon appetizer is great, duck wrap is great as the chops. it was a nice dinner after a nice show. Can't go wrong.Special Features:
- Just OkayOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/20/2014I love the ambiance and the view of the Potomac. However, the food is just mediocre. There was nothing special about the food and it was not worth the cost at all. I have had better tasting fried rice from a carryout. My dinner companion was quite upset and felt she wasted her money on such bland tasting shrimp fried rice which cost $23 bucks. While the lump crab meat fried rice did have lump crabmeat it lacked in overall taste. I felt like I had to use an exuberant amount of soy sauce and hot peppers to doctor it up. For $25 this just shouldn't be the case. The highlight of the night was the hot towels they offer before and after the meal to clean your hands. Other the view of the Potomac the food lacks luster.Special Features:
- Great Service and FoodQuincyDined on 9/20/2014Celebrated our anniversary there and could not have been more pleased. I asked for a nice window seat when I made my reservation even though I knew they could not guarantee it. When I arrived the hostess wished us a happy anniversary and directed us to the waiting area while they set up a table. About 10 minutes later we were directed up to a great table by the window with a fantastic view. Our server was great, the food and sake was great and they brought the flowers I had delivered to the restaurant right after we finished our meal. All around great night and one of the reasons I frequent this restaurant when I come to the harbor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service Great! Ambiance Great! FoodSB823Dined on 9/19/2014My first visit here Friday night, ambiance was really nice! Service from our waiter (can't remember his name) but he was GOOD! Really Nice!!! But the didn't I got National Harbor Fried Rice, I didn't like it, based off our waiter recommendation of it made me get, got it and didn't like it. I couldn't taste much seasoning in it as suggested, I just ate the scallops off of the top. But I don't blame my waiter! He was actually great at the end. I would go again but try another dish. :-) The staff we did encounter very pleasant and friendly. Nice place overall!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WONDERFUL ATMOSPHERESINEATERDined on 9/19/2014THE VIEW IS AS GOOD AS THE FOOD. YOU JUST CANT BEAT IT!Special Features:
- Very nice dinerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/14/2014Excellent service, good food (sushi and sashimi special). Value for moneySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A gem at National HarborGr8fulhi10Dined on 9/14/2014From the warm staff to the spectacular view, there are many details that enhance a great dining experience. Ladies are given a perch for their purse, so it does't have to hang from the chair or sit on the floor. Warm hand towels allow each guest to be refreshed, before and after the meal. I even noticed a selection of cheaters (magnifying eyeglasses) in case a guest did not have theirs handy! The menu is diverse, wonderfully fresh, and interesting, both for the mainstream and the more adventuresome taste buds. Prep and presentation are splendid. The only item I tasted that did not 'wow' me was the hot and sour soup...and it was still good. I definitely recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Evening!DoroDined on 9/13/2014Loved this restaurant. Great views of the water. WONDERFUL service - you are well cared for there. Menu is varied so everyone can find something they will love and it was all VERY good. The views are spectacular. While there was music playing, they managed to keep it at a level where we could still have a conversation, but it felt very lively and hip. Definitely will go back again!! It was a wonderful dining experience.Special Features:
- Great on all but the food...LosAngeles2DCFoodieVIPDined on 9/13/2014This place can be a complete hit or miss depending on what you're looking for. It has an excellent atmosphere and top notch service, but the food isn't any better than your neighborhood take-out joint. The wine menu, while there were plenty of choices, was also pretty subpar, and the mixed drinks reminded me of college. I couldn't decide if this deserved two or three stars overall because the food was just so "eh." (Disclaimer: we did NOT try the sushi, and I'd be willing to go back to give that a shot. I don't expect that to happen any time soon, though.)Special Features:
- 24annversityDined on 9/13/2014Was a little taken back that I could not order on of your rice dishes as a small side dish as oppose to an entrée. The crème burlee was not custardy nor sweet enough also the top was a light burnt.Special Features:
- Cold atmosphereLuv2DineOutDined on 9/12/2014Server did not have any customer service experience. Food was not worth the $75 for two people. Temperature was so cold, I had to keep my jacket on. 2 spring rolls were $10. That's $5 each... Menu did not read that way.