188 Waterfront Street
National Harbor, MD 20745Neighborhood:
AsianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.gracesrestaurants.com/
- Phone: 3018393788x
- Hours of Operation:
Open Daily at 11:30 am, Lunch Menu available till 2:30pm
Lunch: Monday - Sunday from 11:30 am - 2:30 pm
Full dinner menu is available throughout the day.
Dinner: Sunday until 10:00 pm
Monday-Thursday until 11:00 pm
Friday-Saturday until 12:00 am
Happy Hours: Monday thru Friday from 3:00pm to 6:00pm. Excludes Holidays.
Full Menu Available for Carry Out.
Dress Code: Business/Smart Casual.
Offering gift card rewards! Please visit our website for further details.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Asian, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Orion Chen
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Our exclusive Mezzanine is available for private or semi-private parties, dinners up to 50 people, or cocktail receptions up to 65 guests. A semi-private area with a panoramic view of the Potomac River. Larger semi-private spaces are available, please call us to inquiry.
- Private Party Facilities: Semi-Private to Private space available for parties from 15 to 300. Please call from the times of 11:00am to 6:00pm for information.
- Private Party Contact: Kevin Lee 301-839-3788x
- Entertainment: We are not featuring any live entertainment.
- Special Events: Come and join us on "RESTAURANT WEEK" SUNDAY 3/23- THURSDAY 3/27 2014 We are featuring a Three course Dinner pre-fix menu for only $35.14 per person & Three Course Lunch pre-fix menu for only $20.14 per person. The Menu is Available on our website.
Come and join us for our Happy Hour with half priced small plates, half price on sushi, $5 draft beer, $5 hot sake and select cold sake, $7 signature drinks and martinis, and also half priced select bottles of wine. Monday through Friday from 3:00pm to 6:00pm.
*Dine in only, excludes holidays, cannot be combined with any other discounts or offers, excludes sushi from chef's selection, some restrictions may apply
A word from Grace's Mandarin
Grace’s Mandarin presents a fusion of modern Asian inspired dishes with a flair in a casual and elegant ambiance. Come and enjoy our fresh and impressive selection of sushi, paired with one our Sake selections. Our intimate lounge features stylish cocktails along with an extensive wine & champagne list. Grace's Mandarin features spectacular views of the Potomac River, in the heart of prominent National Harbor, located across the street from the Gaylord National Hotel and Convention Center and across the Woodrow Wilson Bridge, just minutes from Old Town Alexandria and Washington, D.C. Come and view our three-story waterfall and our 33-foot Buddha will heighten your dining experience with us. Thank you and we hope you will enjoy your dining experience with us.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Grace's Mandarin - Best Restaurants in National Harbor ›
Grace's Mandarin reviews from OpenTable diners
242 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (178)special occasion (142)good for groups (111)romantic (105)fit for foodies (77)great for lunch (58)hot spot (45)great for outdoor dining (31)notable wine list (29)neighborhood gem (29)great for brunch (29)late-night find (27)kid-friendly (26)vibrant bar scene (22)Show More
- What a memorable experienceLindaDined on 8/30/2014The dining experience and scenic view was spectacular. Our request for a window table to view the fireworks was met. The server was attentive and gave great feedback about the food. My husband and I were indecisive about our entree choice until our server recommended the seabass and Hong Kong xo shrimp. I got the Hong Kong shrimp and let me tell you, it was incredible! So flavorful, which is what I was looking for! It was so good that I was craving for Graces the next day! Now that's what I'm talking about.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nancy CcarbonesDined on 8/30/2014Great food. Tables upstairs are too close together. Can hear conversations of people right next to you. Can just about eat off their plate too.Special Features:
- good Chinnesse placeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/30/2014Good personal attendance and fast service, food is reasonably goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ambianceNotafoodieDined on 8/26/2014Sitting upstairs with the sun setting across the Potomac our group of seven thought the food was superb. Great flavors, good service,and great atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice food barely survives settingOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/24/2014Three out of four large dishes we had were good to very good. One disappointing. Tables are too small--considering that the to-be-shared large dishes in the menu take up a lot of space And what could have been a spectacular spot is ruined by an over-decorated unsubtle set-up.
- Highly disappointed1hotfoodieVIPDined on 8/24/2014My husband and I are always in search for great Chinese food. That's why when family and friends told us we needed to try Grace's at National Harbor we immediately made our way. My husband ordered the sea bass, I had shrimp fried rice and our kids ordered the shrimp lo mien. Much to our surprise (and disappointment) it was not good! The lo mein was under cooked (for my liking), the sea bass tasted as if it was from a frozen bag while the shrimp fried rice had no taste. THEN, to add insult to injury the waiter brings the bill $98!?!?! We left there disappointed (by the food), shocked (by the bill) and hungry. No plans to returnSpecial Features:
- alexandriajscVIPDined on 8/23/2014Our go-to restaurant at National Harbor. Always great!Special Features:
- A-OkaychibifoodieDined on 8/23/2014Your eyes can’t help but be the size of saucers as you intake the insane amounts of red and gold throughout the 2 story restaurant with its overwhelmingly beautiful artsy decor. It’s an impressive space with nooks carved out to house larger parties in a seemingly more private settings plus floor to ceiling windows providing a picturesque panorama of National Harbor. The food, they categorize their dishes as small and large plates but the entire menu is considered for single person consumption (usually I think small and large plates equals family-style, not here, so do not be mistaken by the smaller portions, which are pretty spot on by the way). We had quite an array of the menu amongst our party, so I got to nosh a little of everything.Special Features:
- Nothing SpecialfoodfancyVIPDined on 8/20/2014Food and service were fine but nothing special. It's as though Grace's Mandarin is trying to be a bigger and more extravagant PF Chang's but it misses the mark in a big way.Special Features:
- Fabulous dining experience!Luv2dineDined on 8/19/2014This is the place to go if you want a beautiful dining experience. The food is extremely good, cocktails perfect, and the ambiance is amazing. It is a bit pricey, so I would suggest only going on special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very ScenicOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/18/2014Food was good but a bit overpriced. The scenary was great. Service great.Special Features:
- Fits in with the areamartyz3318Dined on 8/16/2014And from me, that's not much of a recommendation. I find the entire of National Harbor to feel as artificial as the "villages" in Walt Disney World. While the service is less cheery (a good thing) and more professional, the prices are the most Disney-esque thing about the restaurant. We had two appetizers, two mains, and a shared dessert. No alcohol. And the bill (with tax and tip) was $85. I can get better value elsewhere.Special Features:
- Amazing Experience!!DrMrsMomDined on 8/15/2014We enjoyed every bite of our food! Our server, Thor, was great! His recommendations were spot on. I ventured out of my comfort zone and was not disappointed. The food came out in good time and looked amazing! Needless to say, Thor gathered a round of empty plates with every course!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great spot!JessiAndDavisDined on 8/14/2014We got sushi - which was excellent and the place was gorgeous. We especially appreciated them accommodating us for being in a hurry to get to a show on time! We'll definitely be going back.Special Features:
- The best food and best ambiance!!!!IoanaDined on 8/14/2014Our experience at Grace's Mandarin was an unforgetable one! From food, the excellent service and to the beautiful view and the extraordinary presence of wonderful Rina, the manager, everything is more than one can ask for! Great place to dine and enjoy with family and friends! We only will dine there if are in National Harbor or even close by that area. Ioana U.Special Features:
- wonderful!HopelesslyDevotedToHimDined on 8/14/2014Went for my birthday and the staff and food are amazing!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, not as good as anticipatedSandrewDined on 8/13/2014We've been to Grace 3 times prior to this dinner. The food is truly wonderful and ambiance is stunning. The 3 times we were here before, the service was exceptional. This time however, our waiter seemed distracted. We were seated at a table for four (there were 4 of us). There were only 3 place settings and our waiter had to be reminded twice to bring another service. When he did, after the food was served, he unceremoniously handed the silver and chopsticks draped with an unfolded napkin over the food of another guest. I was not offered a second glass of wine although we were there for about 70 minutes. The hot towels (always a special touch) were given without a plate to discard them so we piled them at the end of the table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice spot in the National Harboranooru1Dined on 8/12/2014Took my wife here for an early dinner for her birthday. It was right next to the cirque du soleil show we had tickets for later that evening. The ambience is overall very nice (highlighted by a large golden "Buddah" type statue). Some of the areas looked like they could use some touch up with paint, etc. The service was solid. The food was very good as well (Sushi, shrimp dishes, as well as Singapore rice - sans pork - were all tried). They even gave my wife a set of gift wrapped chop sticks and cookies for her birthday.Special Features:
- First time at Graces MandarinAle22142Dined on 8/12/2014Thr first thing we noticed was the decour. Beautiful oriental pieces, your eyes go to different places. We went during their happy hour so we had some great appetizers abd sushi for great prices, their drinks were sweet for the most part and our server was eager to help us make selections and attentive to our needs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulNoraCDined on 8/10/2014We had a wonderful dinner and the service was superb - from the warm towels to open and close the dinner, to the specialty cocktails to our gracious server, it was a lovely experience. I would highly recommend a visit to Grace's Mandarin!Special Features:
- RckonDined on 8/10/2014Did not know what to find and expect. Grace was a beautiful setting with great views. First rate food and experience.Special Features:
- Almost perfectBliss777Dined on 8/9/2014We've been going to this restaurant for three years and were very impressed. However, we went twice last week and were disappointed in the food and our servers. During the Thursday visit, they practically threw the food on the table and took away the candle while we were still dining. On the Sunday visit, my entree was cold and our server was very abrupt. The entree arrived while we were still eating our appetizers. My husband and I requested to share an entree. The food arrived but no plates for dividing the dish. I asked about them, and she hotly said she was bringing them. Later, she reached over me to pick up a dish while I was eating. She never said excuse me! The politeness level has slipped considerably since our early visits.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good ExperienceORELDined on 8/9/2014It was a good experience all combined, food and service were great; we even enjoyed fireworks on the harbor. It was a nice pick and we will come back.Special Features:
- TerrificOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/9/2014This has become a favorite restaurant. Highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Buyer bewareAllensfanDined on 8/9/2014I have been many times in the past and yes the food is very good. The prices while expensive are on pair with other upscale places. What made me feel like I was being taken advantage of was that AFTER I paid my bill (party of 5) and TIPPED I noticed a "service charge" on my bill. So they charged me a $55.00 "service charge" and the server never mentioned it. So I tipped $60.00 I later found out that the server put the tip on for me but didn't tell me. I bet they do that to everyone. So on a $247 bill I tipped $115.00 What a sneaky business practice. I have been charged "gratuity fees" for parties 8 or more and been TOLD about it but she slipped in under my radar. I will not returnSpecial Features:
- Wonderful DinnerwbsmilesVIPDined on 8/9/2014Great pre-spot prior to events at the National Harbor (for us before Cirque du Soliel). Loved the Kalbi appetizer as well as the Seafood Medley entree, a stew like version of kra pow. They also have an extensive sake menu which had some great choices.Special Features:
- Huge space but tables too closesamlynnDined on 8/9/2014Initial impression...Entry/waiting area is too small. Various size parties crowded together awaiting a table as a party must be full complement before seating. Seating is efficient once a party is together. Noisy with a decided tourist atmosphere. Second impression...friendly and competent server! Overall the food was quite good; not exceptional but good. Chosen wine was out of stock but the next best Malbec was offered and it was a good selection. Wrapping up: 1 star removed for a less than pleasant noise atmosphere with tables too close together. Food and service worth the price and a return trip.Special Features:
- Excellent!MaryDined on 8/8/2014My husband & I went to Grace's for his birthday dinner after attending the Cirque du Soliel show. The service & the meal were excellent! My husband had the angus steak which was incredibly tender & flavorful. I had the mandarin chicken wjich was fantastic. As a nice touch, they gave my husband a nicely wrapped box of almond cookies and set of chopsticks for his birthday. Even though we live about an hour away, we plan to return. We highly recommend Grace's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over pricedNiteoutDined on 8/8/2014Food was average..overpriced for the small portions they served..nice location good view of the waterfrontSpecial Features:
- Needs to pay attention to detailAAMADined on 8/8/2014From the time we called to make reservations to the very end when we stepped out it just seemed disorganized. No one answered the reservation line after I got transferred. When we got there the hostess just said "do you have reservations", not "hello welcome" and then said for us to step to the side so others can go by and then we just stood there until 10 min later she said you can go upstairs. We waited for waiter 15min. It's a factory feel. Nice view of the Harbor. Sushi fell apart immediately when I placed it in my mouth, rice was not the sticky rice had. Overall not going back.Special Features:
- Great experiencenotalwysez2plzDined on 8/8/2014My husband and I went for dinner on his birthday because he wanted sushi. This place had a really good sushi menu and a large selection of other food as well. Our waitress was extremely nice and helpful, especially since I kept asking questions about the sushi and what certain things were. The restaurant also has three levels of seating and a great view of the harbor. We sat on the third level and could see the harbor, the view was great. When we were done eating our waitress noticed us looking at our cirque de soleil tickets and gave us 10 percent off because we were going to the show. That was really nice because we didn't even know they were offering that so she didn't have to do that. Overall it was a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Grace's Mandarin ReviewMandarinDined on 8/7/2014The food here is delicious. It is well prepared, the presentation is appealing to the eye and great care is given to very attentive, but not overly aggressive service. I would highly recommend this restaurant to any of my friends.Special Features:
- Great food & viewOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/6/2014The restaurant is right on the National Harbor so great views of the water. The food & drinks are so good! A must!Special Features:
- Good food, slow serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/3/2014The food was good but the portion sizes are smaller than you would expect from a traditional Chinese restaurant. I ordered sushi and a tempura soft shell crab small plate, both which were very good. My husband ordered the shrimp and chicken mandarin; the chicken (breast meat) was overcooked and the portion was very small. The service was very slow and unimpressionable, such as you would find in a chain restaurant. If you go, request a table by the window and you can watch the sunset over the Potomac. A good spot for a large semi-private gathering with a table for 20 right in front of the restaurant under the large buddha statute.Special Features:
- Overpriced Decent FoodHalfheartedFoodieVIPDined on 8/3/2014The ambiance of this restaurant has a very nice, sophisticated Asian feel, but the food was among the most overpriced I've ever seen at a restaurant--and it wasn't very good. We had the "small plate" chicken lettuce wraps, which cost $18. The dish was small, oily, and under-seasoned, and should have cost half of what it did. The fried rice--just rice and vegetables--also was $18 and it too was oily and under-seasoned. Other food we had was similarly 30-40% overpriced and the flavors were underwhelming. Nothing special here, especially not at this price point. Save your money and go somewhere else.Special Features:
- Excellent ambiance very good foodBusinessDinnerDined on 8/3/2014Took my family to dinner and although the service was somewhat slower than I would have liked the service was good and the food was very good.
- Great pleace for family and friendOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/3/2014Great place for family and friends. Food caters to call tastes. Prices are moderate to high.Special Features:
- Wonderful food, great staff!OnyxVIPDined on 8/3/2014I took my nieces for a late lunch to celebrate their birthdays after seeing Amaluna. Everything was wonderful! We had a great table with wonderful views. We stated with the lamb chops (OMG!) and some tempura shrimp & veg (yum!). We then shared 4 different sushi rolls - all were great!Special Features:
- Great RestaurantFayeDined on 8/3/2014We went to the restaurant on Sunday and the service was very good. The girl at the front reservation desk could have been a little more friendly but still OK. We would dine there again. The presentation of our food was done and look very inviting. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone that likes to try different types of food.Special Features:
- Excellent Asian FusionChili73foodieDined on 8/2/2014Grace is an amazing Asian fusion restaurant. The sea bass was moist and flavorful. It melted in your mouth. The fried rice with all the different ingredients was original but a bit pricey. We enjoyed our spectacular view of the Potomac river. The service was good considering it was packed. We really had an incredible time there and would recommend it to anyone. Food was a little pricy but the ambience was originalSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.