154 N. Broadway
Port Jefferson, NY 11777Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Phone: (631) 509-1792
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Closed
Tuesday - 4-10
Wednesday - 4-10
Thursday - 4-10
Friday - 4:00-11
Saturday - 4:00-11
Sunday Brunch 11-3
Sunday Dinner 4-9
Please speak with our Banquet Director regarding Catering or Special Events!
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Italian
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, View, Wine
A word from Graceful Rose
Please join us. We look forward to seeing you!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Graceful Rose - Best Restaurants in Port Jefferson ›
Graceful Rose reviews from OpenTable diners
64 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
romantic (44)scenic view (44)special occasion (41)fit for foodies (27)neighborhood gem (26)good for groups (20)notable wine list (15)hot spot (12)vibrant bar scene (10)late-night find (7)great for outdoor dining (2)kid-friendly (1)great for brunch (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Not What I ExpectedSirPoochalaDined on 11/22/2014I read the good review in the NYT and other places and I expected a fine dining experience and service. The waiter was arrogant and didn't really listen. The food was good but not great and the decor was way over the top. I'm not sure that I would return.I would recommend this to a friend.
- LopezDined on 11/15/2014Awesome place great food just a nicely decorated placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A very beautiful restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/15/2014Dining at The Graceful Rose was a pleasant experience. The restaurant is in a good location with beautiful views of the harbor. The dining room is very pretty. We went on a Saturday night at prime time. Our table was ready on time and the staff was courteous. As the evening went on I felt the wait staff was a little stressed, it was a full house. The support staff stepped up and helped to make sure you could get what you needed without a long wait. The food was good, and portions were more than adequate. I would not rate this as a great place for food, but overall, it is a nice place to go on a Saturday night. Prices are average for a place of this caliber. If you want a nice dinner in a beautiful dining room, with a great view, and your not counting your pennies, I recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My First Time HerePhylDined on 11/12/2014This is the first time I have been to this restaurant. My friends and I thoroughly enjoyed the food. I had scallops in a creamy lobster sauce with bits of lobster. My first bite I said to my friend, omg, this is delicious. She ordered the same and we both totally enjoyed our meal. The only downside, This restaurant is not for handicapped people. You have to climb stairs and there is no elevator. We had a window overlooking Long Island Sound. We saw the ferry come in and go out. I'm sure in the summer the view is outstanding. I will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatLIFoodGuyVIPDined on 11/8/2014Great again!! Nothing more to say then keep up the great workSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Location!FoodieDined on 11/8/2014Beautiful Restaurant...great food..good location...we went for Restaurant Week...nice selection on menu ....good vibe in bar..and great martinis for only 10.00!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/8/2014Service was outstanding decor great. I would definitely come back. And all employees went out of there way to constantly ask if ""all was ok " it showed that they care about their patronsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great nightWineAndDineXoDined on 11/8/2014Very beautiful place. Great food and drinks, great atmosphere and great service. Will be dining here again. Only downfall was that it was very loud and too noisy. Not good for a quiet romantic evening with the boyfriend. I went for a nice girls night dinner and drinks and it was still just too loud. (And I'm young. I don't mind being at a loud place). I'm sure it's not always like that. Like I said I will be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant surprise!Lisa123Dined on 11/7/2014Right in my own backyard sits this lovely restaurant with wonderful views of the Long Island Sound. The service, food and atmosphere were excellent. The a la carte menu is a bit on the expensive side but a new price fixe menu was just instituted. Absolutely worth a visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not handicap accessibleDinerVIPDined on 11/6/2014To enter the restaurant one must climb a full flight of stairs. There is no elevator. Management said it's the Town or Village zoning that is preventing them from installing one. That's ridiculous and unacceptable. It makes this fine restaurant off limits to many diners, which is really a shame.Special Features:
- LovelyLunadunaDined on 11/5/2014Great food, service and view. Attentive staff without being intrusive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful interiorhusbandandhusband20Dined on 11/4/2014this was our first time at Graceful Rose and i must say it was perfect I will recommend this restaurant to all of my friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- birthdayLoriDined on 11/1/2014we celebrated my daughter's birthday and they gave her a small bouquet of roses. so fit for a place called the Graceful Rose! Hope they continue this lovely tradition! food was excellent though pricey. we have been before and now we are waiting for the prix fix. we went a few times last winter and it was a great deal! a great way to enjoy a local restaurant off season for a decent price!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- For my first time, it was amazingAudreyroseDined on 11/1/2014It was absolutely beautiful there and the food was amazing. Everyone there was very polite and quick to get anything when asked. Also, our waiter told us that our filet mignon would take a little long to cook. Very organized place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quality Standards on the SoundMelderVIPDined on 11/1/2014Beautiful interior, spacious seating, and large windows overlooking the LI Sound, make it a great setting for an enjoyable dinner. The menu wasn't incredibly exciting, but my date & I both had delicious steaks, cooked perfectly, and the service was very good. The valet parking came in very handy in Pt. Jeff, where space is quite limited- especially on a Saturday night. I definitely plan to go back.Special Features:
- Felt SpecialLuLu614Dined on 10/28/2014As soon as we gave our name we were wished a Happy Anniversary and throughout the evening every staff member made a point to come to our table and wish us the same. The staff was very attentive and the food was delicious. At the end of the meal I was given a bouquet of three roses (one for each decade). My husband and I felt so special and the entire experience made our celebration magical.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A classy waterfront spotWiliam1Dined on 10/23/2014The Graceful Rose is a very good restaurant on the waterfront in Port Jefferson. The food & service were excellent. The restaurant gave my wife a bouquet as it was our anniversary. A very classy touch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for our Anniversary!ChrisMVIPDined on 10/22/2014The ambiance was lovely, an open space and big windows over-looking Port Jefferson, but with an intimate feel nonetheless. The service, from the manager and our very attentive/friendly waiter could not have been better. The food was outstanding. The menu had a variety of selections to please almost any palate, and gluten-free options are clearly noted (important for me). My one criticism is the gluten-free options on the prix fixe menu were very limited (one app, one entree), and both required an up-charge. It is also a tad pricey in general, so a bit expensive to be a regular dining spot. But for a special occasion, we will definitely be back.Special Features:
- SpectacularOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/18/2014Our third time there and everytime there is fantastic. This is our favorite restaurant. Staff, food, music, ambiance is exceptional. My boyfriend proposed at this restaurant and it was truely amazing. The staff did such a wonderful job making that day so special for me.Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerConman512Dined on 10/14/2014First time diner. Surprised my wife for our anniversary. Glad I did. Service was great and food was amazing. Hats off to our waiter Nick, the chef, and staff. Will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversay meal.TurtlefoodDined on 10/10/2014We were there to celebrate our wedding anniversary. The main room is lovely with high ceilings and large windows. The service is friendly and very attentive. The waiter went out of his way to find the Campari for the drink I ordered. The food was excellent. My husband declared his "The best swordfish he ever had". The only reason for one less star is that we found the dessert menu limited. Three chocolate choices, two with peanut butter, berries, or cheesecake. Nothing that made us say, "we must try that". The service was capped off with roses for me from the waiter! He had asked if it was a special occasion!Special Features:
- Ambiance!bobaqueDined on 10/3/2014Service / food / location were excellent. Would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice experienceMathgirlDined on 9/26/2014What a nice find!!! Cozy romantic atmosphere. Food was delicious with beautiful presentation. Service was excellent. We didn't feel rushed. It was so nice to revisit this location. This site used to be called Port O'Wind many years ago. We held our daughter's christening party here 28 years ago!!! Jerry DiCecco was the chef. We are so happy that it has been finally turned back into a great quality restaurant that we will certainly revisit and recommend.Special Features:
- The best in class.service and food.WORLDTRAVELERDined on 9/23/2014This place has it all. An experience everyone should try when you want to feel special. I took my wife there for her birthday and expected them to pick up her drink or desert..No ..they gave her roses at the end of the meal. Class all the way.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverpricedLuxorDined on 9/12/2014Unimpressed - Had the surf & turf; crab appetizer. Lobster was bland.Steak was very good, but not medium rare as ordered. The crab was ok; my husband thought it was canned. The atmosphere was loud I could not hear across the table. Everyone was shouting above the music. It was a fancy bar scene. For $250 for a meal I was not impressed. No I won't return nor will I recommend. I expect more for the $$$.Special Features:
- Superb In All RespectsarubamanDined on 9/6/2014A charmingly beautiful restaurant that befits any romantic dinner venue. Roses to accent the ambiance. Truly a wonderful place to enjoy friends, family and your significant other with food quality beyond compare.Special Features:
- Great Place!CrackerpupDined on 9/6/2014We took friends here for their anniversary, neither of us had been to this restaurant previously. It was one of the best evenings we've had in a long time! Food was excellent (I was craving steak, but the scallops sounded good too. Upon waiter's recommendation, i chose the scallops which were amazing.) Service was very attentive and friendly and the view is great. Only wish we could have sat by the windows. Will definitely return soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 9/5/2014I was at Graceful rose 8/30 and the food was very good. I ate there again 9/5 and ordered the same dish and it was flat-no flavor.
- Graceful RoseCarolDined on 8/30/2014Our dinner was superb. The ambiance is elegant, but a bit noisy. Some area rugs might help. The food was outstanding and innovative. The wait staff was excellent, there when you wanted, entertaining, and humorous. Nice features included ordering a glass of champagne and getting a split! Ordering glass of wine p, given a taste first and then getting a small carafe to pour as one liked. The overall experience was so good that we highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014A beautiful restaurant Absolutely Delicious food Wonderful for a special occasion Attentive service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/23/2014Second time I've been here and it was great. The service was outstanding and the food tasted great. The restaurant is a bit pricey but as they say you get what you pay for therefore it was worth itSpecial Features:
- FerryridersDined on 8/16/2014We had a very nice evening - GREAT service (Jermain and Nick) were very friendly and attentive…. they made good recommendations on the menu… and we enjoyed our experience in Port Jeff and at this restaurant...Special Features:
- Graceful RoseOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/12/2014Lovely restaurant, beautiful atmosphere, wonderful service and excellent food. What could be better. Our server, Nick, was great! Very attentive to our needs and answered all our questions knowledgeably.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful birthday dinnerGwenbabyDined on 8/8/2014This was our first time at Graceful Rose, and definately won't be our last. The food and service was amazing. The decor is beautiful. Everyone was so eager to please. It was a beautiful evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent meal and serviceCTluv2travelDined on 8/8/2014We had a great time at Graceful Rose. The food and service were excellent. We dined outdoors and it was very nice. The only downside was the walk to the powder room required us to walk around the entire building and upstairs. We hear they are working on an easier route. If I were them I'd make it priority #1. The food and service made it worth the hassle but it could be a detractor for many.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- all six of us loved it, all agestootsmamaDined on 7/31/2014the food is great, not one complaint from anyone (which is very unusual), the waiter was very patient yet professional and kind, we were there for my grandaughter's birthday and the restaurant gave her a bouquet as we left which definitely made points with me and i've already told all my friends about this very lovely restaurant. YOU HAVE TO TRY THE SCALLOPS AS THEY ARE DELICIOUS.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 211 reviews are from the Graceful Rose reviews archive.
- Fabulous dinnerkit110Dined on 7/26/2014This was our first experience and we were impressed all he way around. Was hoping you had a room large enough for a catered event for about 125.Special Features:
- Fabulous find. Thoroughly enjoyed .FabfindDined on 7/26/2014Met our Connecticut friends here for dinner. All agreed, it was a wonderful experience. Beautifully done. I had salmon, delicious A few people had a linguine with seafood and another had seared tuna. Not a good place for someone who is handicapped, as there is a flight of stairs, and no elevator. We stayed until we saw the ferry coming into dock and then took our friends back for their return tripSpecial Features:
- anniversary dinner well spent!pebble26Dined on 7/26/2014After reading other reviews my husband and I were skeptical but wanted to try it for ourselves. We are so glad we did! The ambiance everyone agrees was great..so pretty inside. The service was wonderful. .I even received a bouquet of roses! I ordered a filet mignon that was cooked to perfection and so tender! My husband had scallops and lobster bisque. .both he thoroughly enjoyed. Would definitely go back and recommend!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot for a night outMorganDined on 7/25/2014I went for dinner with another couple for a date night. The food was excellent and the dining room has a fabulous view of the harbor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.