503 College St
Toronto, ON M6G 1A5Neighborhood:
Little Italy / College St.
Contemporary AmericanPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.gracerestaurant.ca/
- Phone: 4169448884
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Wednesday - Saturday: 6:00pm - close
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Colin Moise
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Weekend Brunch
- Private Party Facilities: Grace Upstairs can seat up to 30 for a private dinner or 60 for an intimate cocktail party.
- Private Party Contact: Lesle 4169448884
A word from Grace
As the original modern farmhouse restaurant, we have always been inspired by family gatherings and sunday dinners. Our menu has a modern take on traditional, family meals with a focus on fresh, local and sustainable ingredients. Creative specialty cocktails and an eclectic wine list compliment the seasonally inspired menu. Enjoy a stress-less atmosphere in our cozy, elegant dining room, intimate courtyard or busy front patio. With the addition of our farm fresh Sunday brunch there is something for everyone!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Grace reviews from OpenTable diners
- Amazing Grace!AmazingGraceDined on 2/12/2014We love grace. It's one of our favorite restaurants in Toronto. Great service, fresh oysters, delicious food, perfect ambiance. Perfect service. Great spot for a romantic date. Thanks Grace!Special Features:
- We met at Grace before a concertshellydeeDined on 2/11/2014We met at Grace before a concert on Tuesday night. The food was fantastic and I loved the charm and decor of teh restaurant. We will be back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time and Winterlicious MenuWinterliciousDined on 2/7/2014Grace is a cute little restaurant located in Toronto's Little Italy neighborhood. We went here for Winterlicious and the food and experience was just exquisite. Every single dish that came out of the kitchen was on point. The feel of the restaurant is cute, romantic and classy.Special Features:
- Cozy and lovely foodZeeeDined on 2/6/2014The food at this restaurant was fantastic. Very flavourful and decent portion sizes. We went during winterlicious and were quite impressed. The decor and plates are very classic home style. My only complaint is that the restaurant is quite coldSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed!!1lovebutterDined on 2/5/2014I have ate at Grace numerous times and have loved every experience so naturally my partner and I thought when we went in for Winterlicious our dinner experience would be exactly the same, we were horribly wrong. Our waitress was nothing but rude to us. You could tell right from the start that she thought that because we were in for a "deal menu" that she shouldn't be wasting her time with us, like she had better things to do. Our meals took a a very long time to come out, even though there were only us and two other tables in the whole restaurant. At the end of our meal we were charged an extra 18% for a tip she CLEARLY did not deserve and when I called the next day to talk to the owner, she did nothing about it! I am very disappointed..
- Delicious!LuvthaiDined on 2/1/2014Food and Service was great. The beef carpaccio was absolutely delicious! I could have eaten two plates of it. Confit chicken leg was roasted perfectly. The meat fell off the bone and was nicely seasoned. Dessert was tasty. Cookie was still warm. I thoroughly enjoyed my meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cold & DraftyFoodyVIPDined on 2/1/2014OK for neighbourhood restaurant but I wouldn't go out of my way again. Ran out of fish on the menu (when it was the 2nd night of Winterlicious?!?!). Monkfish substitute was rubbery and tough. First time I had difficulty cutting fish with a knive. Lovely, fresh warm bread straight out of oven. Slab of chocolate for dessert? And they had the temerity of automatically adding 18% gratuity on every tab and then another tip line on the bill. Would not recommend nor return.
- Absolutely loved it!FredBournDined on 1/31/2014I went to Grace for Winterliscious and had a wonderful time. The staff was enthusiast, kind, attentive, and the food was excellent. I liked the decor and the tame light. Grace delivered the romantic dinner I was hoping to experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Grace is a gemkaleneelizabethDined on 1/18/2014Meal at Grace was delicious. Grace greens, soup, cassoulet with pork hocks and flank steak were all excellent Simon, our server, was knowledgeable, attentive and professional. Go for the parsnip cake ... don't let the name deter you. It's so unexpectedly yummy - this cake would pull me back. In winter, it's a little cold because of the door opening, so wear or bring a sweater.Special Features:
- Duck Breast and Greens!!!cocolocoDined on 1/17/2014My dinner at Grace was outstanding. The food and wine were excellent while the ambience was laid back cointry cool. Easy parking, even on a Friday night, and very attentive wait staff. I ordered the mixed green salad with 5 year old cheddar for my 'small' order and the duck breast for my main. I look forward to my next visit and a chance to take a bite out of the rest of the menu! Thank you Leslie and Chris for the experience!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New restaurant on the blockOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/31/2013Friends suggested this place. We booked for New Year's Eve. It was lovely. Everything worked. The room. The service. The food. The menu was very well thought out. Nice combination of flavours without being over the top. Everything tasted fresh. It was a perfect way to end 2013.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesome foodmaxxDined on 12/27/2013fresh, seasonal, tasteful, delicious Best place for foodies. Restaurant with an unique character. This guys know what they do!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely evening at GraceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/30/2013We really enjoyed our evening at Grace - after a long time of forgetting about it! Polished service, delicious food, pretty and understated room. We'll be back!Special Features:
- Cozy winter eveningBradburyDined on 11/8/2013The chef's farm-to-table philosophy is evident, always cozy/romantic experience. servers and bussers are friendly and give humble opinions. Duck could have been a little warmer but other than that, food was fresh and well construted. 4th time going in 2 years, will always go back for special occasions.Special Features:
- Pleasant surpriseEvM2304VIPDined on 10/19/2013I must say Grace was a pleasant surprise. Very relaxed atmosphere, great service, and above all very creative, well prepared, and great tasting food. A definite repeat!Special Features:
- Interesting flavours.BigCatVIPDined on 10/17/2013It has been a few years since I've been to Grace, and I was pleasantly surprised. The ravioli appetizer was spectacular as was the parsley root soup. The beef flat iron steak and short rib main was good, as was the haddock. Delicious double chocolate ice cream, though the homemade cookies were a little flavourless. I will definitely visit Grace again.Special Features:
- Sweet secluded spotDanielleDined on 10/11/2013We really enjoyed most of our dinner at Grace the other night. It was quiet and warm and lovely. Just what we needed. The wine was delicious and the warm bread was a great start to the meal. Unfortunately the pork tenderloin meal was overshadowed by spaetzl that was burnt to a crisp under the plate. The pork was so good, as were the veggies, that it seemed in even more poor taste to leave something that inedible on the plate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Time!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/21/2013Excellent food and the service was very friendly, attentive and knowledgable. Loved it! Definitely will recommend "Grace" and certainly will be back. Thanks for the a great evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lovely and deliciousannexdinerDined on 9/14/2013Grace is one of those really nice, reliably good, excellent service, delicious food, longstanding Toronto restaurants that you can still get a reservation at. It's not "trendy" but the food keeps pace with current and local favourites. Sit in the courtyard if you can - it's warmed by heaters but still outside and quite lovely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- deserves a long and healthy lifejericaDined on 8/22/2013this was our third visit in two years - the quality is as high as before, the service as assured and cordial and the pleasure factor equallyhigh.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Night OutOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/17/2013The service was terrific. The food was superb. I especially loved the Short Ribs - delish.Special Features:
- was great we had 8 peopleFielderDined on 8/14/2013was great we had 8 people and everyone really enjoyed the whole exsperience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome as always! Food andOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/10/2013Awesome as always! Food and service were impeccable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth it.BigmakVIPDined on 8/3/2013Great presentation and overall wonderful experience. Only issues that lost a star were: 1. My entree (pork tenderloin) was Luke warm. 2. It was a little tacky to not offer new silverware between each course rather than requiring us to re-use .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We always enjoy the food andstinkybobscheezDined on 7/27/2013We always enjoy the food and the service. The owner will come to your table and help with the wine list which is private stock.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- it was very gorgeous placejournalskyDined on 7/17/2013it was very gorgeous place but food weren't certified. Poor flavor, taste, and didn't enjoyed the food but have to pay for 18% gratitude(tips). It's shame food is so bad but place is very nice. Hope could make more better taste.Special Features:
- SummerliscioussummerlisciousDined on 7/13/2013Too small portions. Was actually pitiful. I find it so shameful for restaurants to say this is a "dinner". It really just make me think their usual portions will be small so why woudl I come back? I want to be fed! My husband and I ended up going home and eating peanut butter sandwiches to fill us up! Also, host was obnoxiously walking back and forth throughout the restaurant wearing heels that made so much noise against the hard wood floor. Very distracting and she was obviously not really doing anything but trying to look busy. Please wear quieter shoes!
- Best service I ever hadOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/13/2013The services was very attentive, friendly, informed without be intrusive and they looked like they were enjoying themselves too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food, Lovely Room...TorontoDinerDined on 7/10/2013But we won't be back. With a bill of over $200 before tax and tip, I would expect to be allowed to sit at a reserved table for more than 90 minutes. We were asked to get ready to leave at the same time our dessert was served - without apology. Unfortunate as the balance of the experience was very positive.
- Great Birthday Dinner!EastEndFoodieDined on 7/6/2013When we made reservations, we did not realize there was a Summerlicious menu. As there was a good selection of items my husband and I both decided to order from it. We had the sashimi which was delicious - tender with just a bit of seasoning. Both the flat iron and the haddock were very tasty. For desert, the homemade cookies and ice cream were ok, the chocolate cake was decadent! The only disappointment was that an 18% gratuity was automatically added to our bill even though we were a party of 2. It was only because we ordered from the Summerlicious menu. We were happy with the service and would have tipped a similar amount anyway but the automatic gratuity seemed to imply that diners who ordered from the Summerlicious menu were cheap?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Summerlicious mealTasteBuddyRIchDined on 7/5/2013I had the sashimi, haddock, and parfait combo. The food was well presented, original, savoury, light, and filling. I'd recommend this restaurant to anyone with a discerning palate and appreciation for original culinary creations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/5/2013Love to try new restaurants especially during Summerlicous! Grace did not disappoint! It was truly fabulous. I would go there again and highly recommend it. the food and ambience was terrific. Service was awesome too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great imaginative food and drinksvsnaturallyDined on 6/21/2013Dined early evening outside by the sidewalk and thoroughly enjoyed the creative, well-executed menu, sharing the plank assortments, each offering a taste of three or more different items. LOVED the cocktails, particularly the "Summer Chop" featured when we were there. Quite possibly the best PEI Malpeque oysters we had ever had. The service friendly but not pushy and we enjoyed the hustle and bustle on the street. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DelightfulBreezeDined on 6/11/2013Everything exceeded out expectations. Food was creative and delicious, service was attentive without being too formal or intrusive, ambiance was charming and intimate. Delightful!Special Features:
- Simple but delicious foodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/11/2013Grace's food is not revolutionary. It offers crowd pleasing dishes made with high quality ingredients. The results are delicious and the service is solicitous and friendly. It's a flexible place, good for lunch with friends or a date. We enjoyed it and would recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Read about this restaurantSherriVIPDined on 6/8/2013Read about this restaurant and it lived up to it's review.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Much too noisy. ImpossiblewaitedtoolongDined on 6/1/2013Much too noisy. Impossible to carry on a conversation just across a table. And to this noise they add music with a throbbing bass. The food is excellent, but the ambiance not conducive to a relaxed, enjoyable meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Fresh Take on Familiar FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 6/1/2013Grace had come highly recommended to me as a place that served interesting food in a friendly setting where I wouldn't have to shout at my table mates to be heard. It certainly lived up to the billing. It is not easy to make cod a seductive dish, but they succeeded, combining it with braised octopus in a smoky broth. Throughout dinner, a delightful spin was put on familiar food without giving the impression the kitchen had gone through contortions to be original. My guests, who had just flown in from their native Vienna, were similarly impressed with their choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and attentive serviceLaowaiDined on 5/25/2013My wife and I went to Grace on a Saturday night and at a few days' notice were able to get a reservation. The interior is well-appointed and modern, and the staff made us feel welcome and in good hands. My wife is vegetarian and was well-taken care of with the fricassee of vegetables, while I had the duck. The food was fresh, well presented and felt like we were eating it "straight from the farm". We had the Ontario Pinot Noir which complimented our food very nicely. Would definitely recommend and come back ourselves.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- creative and traditionalCasquetteBarbuVIPDined on 5/24/2013food was creatively prepared with mixes of unusual flavours. very very nice.I would recommend this to a friend.