652 W Randolph St
Chicago, IL 60661Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.grace-restaurant.com/
- Phone: 3122349494x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Curtis Duffy
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: No
- Additional Details: Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The private dining space at Grace accommodates up to 12 for a seated event. For larger events, we offer the option of renting out the entire space. Our main dining room seats up to 64 guests, and the lounge is the perfect place to start the evening off with a cocktail reception. Grace is fully wifi-enabled, and a private entrance for the private dining space is available if desired.
- Private Party Contact: Michael Muser 3122349494x
- Cross Street: Des Plaines
- Public Transit: The closest CTA El stop is the Clinton Green stop. Head west on Lake Street to Des Plaines and go south (left) to Randolph. Turn right; Grace will be on the right.
Accessible CTA bus routes in the area are the 56 Milwaukee, 20 Madison, 14 Jeffery Express & 8 Halsted.
Also nearby is the Metra Ogilvie Station.
- Parking: Valet
A word from Grace
Grace, the highly anticipated restaurant from acclaimed chef Curtis Duffy, opened late 2012 in the Randolph Street area, just west of downtown Chicago. The subtle elegance of the dining room provides a comfortably luxurious setting in which to enjoy Chef Duffy's Progressive American cuisine, offered in a tasting menu format. In addition to the dining room, a private dining space to accommodate up to 12 is available, as well as a lounge for a pre- or post-dinner drink.Continued
Grace looks forward to welcoming you.
Grace looks forward to welcoming you.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Grace - Best Restaurants in West Loop ›
Grace reviews from OpenTable diners
33 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.9Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (27)fit for foodies (25)romantic (21)notable wine list (18)neighborhood gem (5)hot spot (2)good for groups (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Are there 6 stars?skidocVIPDined on 9/11/2014This place is fantastic if you can afford it. The creativity of Chef Duffy is great. The service is friendly without the stuffiness common in places like this. The portions are small but not tiny. You will leave satisfied without being stuffed. The flavors are clean and pure. You only need to choose Flora or Fauna on the menu. Priced the same. Orders adjusted to dietary restrictions. I would suggest getting both at the table so you can see what each menu has. Both are great. The wine list is impressive and the prices are reasonable. Need to try this place if you are a foodie. If you are not a foodie, this is a great place to really appreciate why you may want to explore fine high end cuisine.Special Features:
- Amazing GraceHKFoodiesDined on 9/9/2014We loved the restaurant. From its unassuming entrance, elegant yet modern interior, superbly presented and outstanding food, excellent wine pairing and a staff that were knowledgeable, polite, consummate professionals, this was one of the best overall dining experiences my wife and I have ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't say enough - Full of Grace!MFReviewVIPDined on 9/4/2014This is an exceptional dining experience not to be missed. The presentation of the food, creative combinations of tastes and textures, amazing wine pairings. The staff is extremely knowledgeable and there just when you want them to be. Not stuffy but always wanting to teach you about what is coming next. Felt like everyone there knew about every detail on the menu. Loved the kitchen tour at the end. It was the cherry on the sundae!! Would return in a heartbeat!!Special Features:
- Memorable eveningYummyEatsDined on 9/4/2014My wife and I had a truly memorable evening at Grace. The food was exquisite and incredibly creative; the environment was perfect for our anniversary dinner; the service was impeccable; and the extras (visit to the kitchen and take-home gift bag) were wonderful finishing touches. We will certainly come back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!HappytrvlrDined on 9/3/2014I don't think you can get much better than this! Food, wine, service, all too notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Memorable experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/3/2014Grace should take a prime spot on every foodies list as one of the best Chicago restaurants! The entire experience from first tasting course to the kitchen tour were phenomenal. The experience comes with a hefty price tag, but so well worth it!Special Features:
- Near Perfection in DiningsalcornVIPDined on 8/28/2014Grace is certainly deserving of its two Michelin stars. Everything about the experience is near perfection, from the extremely professional yet friendly service to the plating of the food, which turns each dish into an individual work of art, combining delicate and varied flavors in surprising and visually appealing ways. The dining room is sophisticated, understated, and calm, a serenity that extends even into the visible kitchen, yet the contemporary soundtrack keeps the experience upbeat and fun. My only quibble is with the winelist, which has a strong focus on wines from the Loire region, not my favorite. Truly one of Chicago's best dining experiences.Special Features:
- FantasticARCHMDined on 8/27/2014Wonderful dining experience. Enjoy the Fauna menu and it was both playful in presentation and a pleasurable journey for my sense of sight, smell, and especially taste. The desert courses were good but when compared with the first six courses, they were underwhelming. Of the 50 or so 5 star restaurants that I have dined at, this would likely be in my top 5 or 6.Special Features:
- Lovely!cookiefiendVIPDined on 8/27/2014We had a fantastic dinner, everything was literally perfection from the time we were seated. Beautiful presentation, seamless service, and amazing food.Special Features:
- Consistency is key!luv2dineVIPDined on 8/12/2014Time & time again I travel to this marvelous destination. Every single visit seems to one up the next. The menu changes yearly with just the right seasonal finesse. Chef & staff truly enjoy what they do here. Their hard work & endless determination is showcased throughout your experience. Between the divine cuisine & attention to detail focused service one is sure to enjoy their visit every time. Thank you Grace!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful eveningmap314159Dined on 8/6/2014Across the board a delightful evening. The service was excellent as always, attentive but not hovering. The food was wonderful -- interesting, delicious and intriguing. The conversation among the wait and wine staff made the food and wine more interesting and enjoyable. Truely another delightful eveningSpecial Features:
- AMAZING FOODamifjVIPDined on 7/30/2014THIS JUST ART, CAN'T WAIT NEXT TIME, AMAZING EXPERIENCESpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow!ChicagoBillVIPDined on 7/24/2014Grace is a truly amazing restaurant. The top-notch kitchen seamlessly blends modern and classic gastronomic techniques to provide some of the tastiest food in Chicago. The pacing of the courses is perfect - and why shouldn't it be, when they employ a person whose job it is to keep track of every table's tasting menu. The portion sizes are spot-on. And the wait staff is knowledgeable, friendly - even playful, and attentive without being intrusive. This is one of my top three favorite restaurants in Chicago!Special Features:
- Probably best restaurant meal everTorontotravellerDined on 6/18/2014While my wife and I are not really "foodies", we travel widely throughout the world and try to dine at well-regarded restaurants.Based on your rating Grace so highly, we used you to make a reservation on our first visit to Chicago.We are so glad we did.The menu is simply a choice of two tasting menus: flora and fauna.We chose fauna, and there followed nine courses of really quite exquisite, and very interesting, food.Portions are small enough that one is not overfed, the wine list is extensive and very well explained by a highly knowledgeable sommelier, and the service is prompt, friendly and competent.One warning: this comes at a price.We paid $950, including two good bottles of wine and a generous tip, but it was worth every penny.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Perfect Culinary AdventurePartnerVIPDined on 5/28/2014Grace won my admiration on every criteria I could conjure. Curtis Duffy's cuisine is beyond extraordinary, exquisitely designed and executed with an endless array of one-of-a-kind tastes and textures in beautifully designed presentations. The service, professional yet friendly, pairs well with the incomparable Flora and Fauna menus and the educated wine list. We could hear each other exclaiming over each glorious item in the quiet environment. Every aspect of the restaurant is carefully orchestrated. All the performers are top notch and in sync with the conductor. I have recommended Grace to a friend who now is planning to celebrate her wedding anniversary at the restaurant this summer. Bravo!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 79 reviews are from the Grace reviews archive.
- Outstanding Service and Dinner!HyalkerVIPDined on 5/22/2014Overall fantastic dinner, it was a birthday gift for a great friend, and the service was phenomenal while being firendly/laid-back at the same time. We did the wine pairing menu as well which was on spoit for every dish!! Worth its Michelin stars!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MUST DINE AT GRACEReviewerVIPDined on 5/22/2014For anyone that enjoys fine dining, you must make Grace THE top priority. The staff was very friendly, knowledgeable and professional. Jose was an excellent host! The food and wine was amazing. Chef Curtis Duffy was so nice and friendly. We had the opportunity to meet him in the kitchen. It was an amazing experience and night I will remember forever.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/21/2014We no longer dine out frequently as we choose to use the opportunity to enjoy truly exceptional food and exceptional experiences. Grace provides both consistently. We have been there twice within in the past two months and though the menu was the same, the nuances were noticeable and enjoyable. By far the best dining experience at this level. A true tasting menu which allows you to savor the unique flavors of each course ...you never feel as if you cannot finish or have eaten too much. and the flavors are extradordinary. We will be back again.Special Features:
- A very special experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 5/18/2014The opportunity to visit the kitchen after dinner was special to see the food in preparation. Very professional staff. Explanations of the individual courses wa excellent and added to the overall experience. A restaurant not to be missed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best tasting menubixieVIPDined on 5/14/2014An amazing 9 course tasting menu. The restaurant only does two tasting menus. It does not do an à la cart menu. The tasting menu is fantastic and the restaurant is lovely. A true dining experience but expensive!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Inspirationalluv2dineVIPDined on 5/6/2014The feeling one has after embracing thee entire experience here, leaves an individual with the hope that anything can be achieved!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Increadable experience !!!MiliDined on 4/30/2014Very expensive, but worth every penny. Incredible food, there are 8 plates to taste. wonderful flavors in each plate. Presented beautiful and gourmet food. The wines presented from the waitress were delicious , each wine were perfect for each plate (entrées, main plates and desserts). I couldn't eat all plates. At first you see very small portions but after 8 different plates at the end your satisfied. I really recommended it!!!Special Features:
- WowBrendaDined on 4/29/2014This was the final night of our first trip to Chicago. Grace was just amazing. It had such ambience; the staff was professional but not pretentious; each course was so delicious and beautifully prepared. We were warned how expensive it was so be prepared! Thankyou, BrendaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Completely WonderfulJD27VIPDined on 4/17/2014An outstanding experience from every perspective. The service was impeccable. The food was remarkable for its inventive creativity that melded so many complementary flavors in unique ways. Each course stood out and even a week later, we were revisiting individual dishes and how delightful they were. For a special occasion for people who love the tops of gastronomy, we couldn't recommend Grace any higher.Special Features:
- new and boldDanEatsChicagoDined on 4/17/2014My wife and I went to Grace for our anniversary. We had dined at Grace 6 months earlier and thought it was great, this time it was fantastic, the food and presentation was creatively done and beautifully presented. I'd put this restaurant up against the top in Chicago. The service was great, not too in your face, not too stiff and formal, very attentive and knowledgeable.Special Features:
- High prices great foodmexicanbonvivantDined on 4/9/2014Is a place for foodies, great gourmet experience but you have to pay at least US700 for two people.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect in Every WayOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 3/19/2014Grace is in the same league as Alinea. If you enjoy creative, adventurous dining, don't miss it.Special Features:
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/27/2014Lovely space and excellent service, despite the pretentious speeches. Outstanding wine service especially. But the food was underwhelming. Only two dishes really came together (duck with consomme, and an inspired beef with Vietnamese flavors) and amounted to something special. That's not a great batting average at this price. We dined at Moto the next night, and it had vastly better food.Special Features:
- ExquisiteKathyabbyVIPDined on 2/27/2014The understated chic dining room with the exquisite glassed in kitchen, check out the counters and spice rack, was stunning. Loved the beige linen tablecloths and napkins, the oversized stemware and delicate minimalist utensils. We chose the wine pairings with the Fauna menu. My favorites were the Alaskan king Crab course with the Mulheimer Sonnenlay-Zeppelin and the Scallops with tamarind, smoke and flavors of licorice paired with an exquisite Maison Fouched-La Vigne des Sablons. The plating was spectacularly inventive especially for the scallops and the spectacular Miyazaki Beef, which had a deep fried Vietnamese style crepe. The raspberry, lychee, Kokomo nasturtium dessert plate had to be the most beautiful plate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a wonderful experience6tribesDined on 2/27/2014Three of us dined here and it was an amazing experience. The atmosphere, service and food was impeccable. We felt as we had enter a spa. It was so peaceful and enjoyable. We had the fauna menu. The layers of flavors were delicious. We enjoyed each course, especially the King crab, scallop and Miyasaki beef. We were so full, 9 courses are filling! We were celebrating a lot of blessings at this meal and it made a great memory.Special Features:
- Notta so goodTomEatsALotDined on 2/26/2014No professional foodie here so taking that into consideration I was shocked at how average at best most of the food was. It looks beautiful but with the exception of the crab nothing was memorable except for it's having been marginal. I can't believe how truly Yuch it was. Maybe I'm just no foodie but I was with one and she had the same opinion and even disliked a few dishes enough so as not to eat much of them. The bill was with tip nearly $900 for two and I'd spend $100 9x at La Scarola before ever doing this again. It must have been the tire company that gave them two Michelin stars. To be fair the place is beautiful and the service is beyond compare. They go above and beyond. I have owned a great restaurant. This place is not one.Special Features:
- PerfectionOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 2/26/2014Grace is truly exquisite. Calm and lovely modern decor; excellent but understated service; food is beautiful and incredibly delicious but not showy or theatrical; and perfect wine pairings. We loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingMrsDVIPDined on 2/19/2014I cannot praise this restaurant enough! Our food was wonderful, really interesting and beautifully presented. The service was really outstanding, especially Christopher the sommelier who was helpful, informative and generous. I wish I could remember all the other names as they all combined to make this a truly memorable evening. Thank you, thank you, thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just go!luv2dineVIPDined on 2/18/2014No words in any language on planet earth can give true justice to thee experience one has at this establishment!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service, good food.ChicagoFoodieDined on 1/29/2014Service was spectacular, food was good, but not great. They were beautifully presented, but the taste could have been a bit better. Great experience, but think the taste fell slightly short.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!StephDined on 1/23/2014From the hostess to the servers to the chefs and all the people who made this experience so wonderful, we applaud you. So glad you are in Chicago.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We found Grace a lovely experience,OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 1/22/2014We found Grace a lovely experience, but a bit underwhelming in terms of culinary delight and overall deliciousness. Each course seemed te be a bit of an amalgamation of different and various ingredients, and while usually tasty, things just didn't quite jive. Perhaps it was just the current menu, but when compared to other such establishments as Next, PerSe, or Nobu, it didn't quite seem to stack up.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over The TopRickDined on 1/22/2014The food and service lived up to it's reputation. The wine pairings were exceptional! Either tasting menu is great. Be prepared for over the top pricing. Either menu is $185.00 per person and the wine pairing is $125.00 a person not including tip! Not for the feint of heart. Nonetheless, it was an exceptional experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Finding GraceJWChicagoDined on 12/22/2013Do not be intimidated by the men in suits and ties, one to a diner, waiting to push your chair in for you at your round table, minimally decorated with a single Bernardaud votive. The restaurant dress is business casual, and it follows that the ambiance is not at all stuffy. Your head waiter is there to guide you through your selection of one of two prix fixe menus, "Flora" (vegetarian) or "Fauna," both with a sticker price of $185. The Fauna menu is worth it for the Miyasaki Beef alone, the best beef we've ever had in our lives. It's no surprise that Chef Curtis Duffy was Chef de Cuisine at Alinea, since its opening. The experience at Grace almost rivals that of Alinea.Special Features:
- Superb food, service, & ambience.OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 12/18/2013Superb food, service, & ambience. Could not Imagine a better meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.