27499 Ynez Road
Temecula, CA 92591Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://gourmetitaliarestaurants.com/
- Phone: 9516769194
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm, Sunday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm; Dinner: Tuesday -Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Alessandro Prestifilippo
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: Thursday nights: Ron Lovely- Piano/Singer Friday: Sugar Bear & Unlimited Flavor Saturday: Randy & Associates Sunday: Sugar Bear & Unlimited Flavor
A word from Gourmet Italia
Gourmet Italia, experience Italy without ever leaving Temecula. Restauranteur, Alessandro (Alex) Prestifilippo moved to the states from Sicily in 1988. He takes pride in staffing his Sicilian Chef, Fabrizio, faimly friend and server, Angelo Catalano and the rest of his attentive, friendly staff. The menu and wine selection is vast and reasonable and the special dishes vary from Seafood Pescatore, Halibut, Salmon, Filet, Osso bucco, Lamb Shank, Wild Boar, Ostrich, Lobster Ravioli and much more! Visit the website for more about the restaurant, Alex, the menu, specials and cooking class information! Dine with us and you could end up in a picture on the website or Facebook page! :)Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Gourmet Italia - Best Restaurants in Temecula ›
Gourmet Italia reviews from OpenTable diners
68 reviews since April 1 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (47)romantic (45)special occasion (36)fit for foodies (33)notable wine list (19)good for groups (17)great for lunch (12)hot spot (11)great for brunch (8)late-night find (5)great for outdoor dining (5)vibrant bar scene (5)scenic view (3)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- What a great PlacerneugeDined on 7/19/2014The Best in Temecula....The watermelon salad, pasta and service including wine was a hit.Special Features:
- Gail62VIPDined on 7/13/2014This was our second time here and we enjoyed it as much as the first time. The eggplant appetizer was great and my husband had the salmon with bow ties. He loved it. Can't wait to go backSpecial Features:
- Too priceyluv2trynewspotsDined on 7/11/2014Very overpriced. Never spent over $100 before for an Italian meal for 2 people. Soup or salad should be included with dinner like most other restaurants. $10 for an average bean soup not worth it. Entre was ok (veal parmigiana) but not worth $22. Asked for 2 desserts to go (cheesecake), and portion was very small for price of $7 each. Did enjoy the calamares and bread basket. Don't plan on returning.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/10/2014My wife & I had a great time. I had a creative salad that was really great.Special Features:
- What a CelebrationJustMarriedDined on 7/8/2014Upon discovering that wineries in Temecula are closed for dinner on Tuesday night, I came across the restaurant on Yelp! Having been married for just two days, my new husband and I really wanted a place to celebrate. Wow are we lucky we chose Gourmet Italia!! Upon arriving they asked us what we were celebrating, when we told them our marriage, they gave us the best table in the house, and brought us complimentary champagne. From the perfect romantic ambiance, to the delicious food, to the gracious and accomodating staff Gourmet Italia could not have made our night more memorable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceDeliciousItalianDined on 7/5/2014Walked in and the owner greeted us and walked us to our table. We had someone in a wheelchair with us which I mentioned when i made my reservation online and they had a great table with a open space for my friend in the wheelchair. The owner gladly made us feel comfortable and even offered to push her. Then our waiter came and she was very friendly. She told us the specials and made each special sound so delicious! The environment there was very romantic, they had candles everywhere and a live jazz band. Once our food arrived we all tried each others food (the portions were a good size) and loved all of them! Remember to make a reservation if going on the weekends! I got a free delicious dessert for my bday A+!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food in an intimate atmosphereDavidLDined on 6/22/2014This small but wonderful restaurant is a wonderful place for a good Italian meal. The service was excellent and the food was really good with ample portions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The right placegoodfoodieDined on 6/22/2014Gourmet Italia is a favorite of ours - that quaint little "hole in the wall" everyone's looking for - and we chose to introduce our new neighbors/friends to their incredible menu just before seeing Bill Medley perform in town. Our friends have been around the world and particularly love Italian food, so I knew Gourmet Italia would be perfect. The food was amazing, every dish was devoured. And the penne arribiatta (with muscles) that I had in place of my usual Lobster Ravioli (ran out) was out of the park. Ding, ding, ding! Another winner! Thank you Gourmet Italia!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our FavoritesyummygoodnessDined on 6/19/2014My wife and I truly love this restaurant. It has been our date night spot for many years. We don't live in Temecula but when we return to visit it is a must for us. Thank you for creating a great atmosphere and delicious food :-)Special Features:
- Hidden gemQuiteCriticDined on 6/15/2014This restaurant is very Italian. The food was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/15/2014We thoroughly enjoyed this restaurant although it was a tad hard to find.Special Features:
- nicsterDined on 6/15/2014Did not disappoint! The food was FANTASTIC and the services was even better. This will be a special occasion go to for my family and I from now on!Special Features:
- Awesome every time!wineNdineDined on 6/15/2014This restaurant is so outstanding in every way and very consistent as well. I eat here monthly and NEVER have had an experience less than perfection. It compares very favorably to any "big city" famous name italian restaurants. So what are you waiting for---go now!Special Features:
- DeliciousGemmaVIPDined on 6/14/2014The fresh pastas were amazing, it truly is a treat to find restaurants that do their own fresh pastas. From appetizer to dessert, it was 5 star across the board for food. Came here to dine with my family celebrating my nieces' graduation and we all had a great time, the service was wonderful and the food even better! Surely will be back when in and around Temecula!Special Features:
- Felt WelcomedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/10/2014It was my first time in Temecula and I read reviews of great restaurants. Gourmet Italia had high ratings. I never felt so welcomed. The waitress was AMAZING and the food was delicious. My boyfriend and I were celebrating our anniversary. We enjoyed every moment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Italian Food!KristinDined on 6/8/2014Truly a hidden gem!! Great Italian food and ambience!! We will be going there again next time we visit Temecula!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious FoodGail62VIPDined on 6/8/2014Had eaten at their pizzeria a few months back and decided to go for a real Italian meal. We were not disappointed. My husband had the Cioppino and I had Pasta Norma (Pasta with eggplant) Both were fabulous. My husband loved the clams, mussels and calimari. Can't wait to go back. Ask for Marial, she was wonderful and so knowledgable about the specialsSpecial Features:
- Great night outOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/25/2014Huge portions. Way too much food. Price was fine, but I felt like I was wasting food. We were on vacay so couldn't do leftovers.Special Features:
- GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/18/2014Everything was good except even with a reservation we had to wait and didn't get a table next to the live music like we requested. Other than that everything was great.Special Features:
- Great Italian FoodMaryDined on 5/18/2014We've been to this restaurant numerous times and there are reasons why. The food is very good (although I'd warn about Sunday night -- they ran out of shellfish so no seafood pasta). We love the staff -- pretty much all Italian. They give good service and the owner is very funny. They did give us a poor table next to a post so we asked to be moved but, otherwise, it was great and we've loved it in the past.Special Features:
- Ambiance!!PaisanosfromDeLuzDined on 5/11/2014The food is delicious and very fresh. The staff are great!Special Features:
- Disappointing StaffFamilyManDined on 5/11/2014This wasn't our first time at Gourmet Italia, but it was sure our worst! Now, it was a very busy night (at 5:30!), so I can't really blame Alex for canceling our reservation after we were (a mere) 10 minutes late, because we did get seated right away anyway. But that doesn't excuse him from being visibly annoyed that our party of four was two adults and two kids, or seating us all at a cramped and uncomfortable corner table for two. The service was poor. Our server brought me the wrong salad, then disappeared before I could say anything. Then it was a half-hour before our entrees arrived, during which time she never checked in on us. Later she literally turned her back and walked away in the middle of my dessert order. We felt unimportant.
- Comfort FoodfoodisfunDined on 5/11/2014This is a warm and friendly dining experience and the food was delicious and wine selection is excellent. We enjoyed a Siciliana Red.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- loved it!truefoodieDined on 5/11/2014Went for Mothers' Day. Initially, lot's of people and noisy, but activity and noise level calmed down as the crowd thinned. Food and service were excellent and prompt despite the holiday crowd. Companions agreed that it was the "best meal" they "had ever had".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Mothers DaysavagejimDined on 5/11/2014Great server, young Italian guy. Seated by the owner. Great wine list, excellent bruschetta appetizer, could have just ordered a couple more orders of it and called it a day. I had the Lobster Ravioli, was excellent, my wife has the Chicken Parmigiana and our only complaint is that is was pretty bland, hoping that was due to a busy Mothers Day, but overall the experience was great, will definitely go back.Special Features:
- Mother's Day smash hitIlovefoodDined on 5/11/2014Took my wife and two kids here for Mother's Day after church. An overall great experience! The food was to die for!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprise SurpriseCkdinerVIPDined on 5/9/2014Found this place after a little time at a couple of wineries in Temecula. Wow! Everything from the greeting to the thanks and out the door was amazing! Thanks Gourmet Italia! We will definitely be back soon.Special Features:
- Amazing doesn't begin to describe!GroomsmomDined on 5/8/2014We choose "gourmet italia" for our sons rehearsal dinner because it could accommodate a large group....we were from out if town and had no idea what was in store for us.... The rehearsal went long and we were an hour late...the restaruant went above and beyond go make our night special and memorable ... I can not thank the owner enough! The table was set so beautifully for our event! They made up special menus with the bride and groom name with congratulations - we had a set menu so our guests could enjoy from three selections...the food was phenomenal! Everyone had a fabulous time! Thank you! Thank you! We never would have found this small gem of a restaurant tucked in a shopping center in Temecula without open table !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous as alwaysThinkJuddDined on 5/8/2014Gourmet Italian is the best Italian restaurant in town...and may be the best this side of San Diego. Alex (the owner) and proud host has staffed this intimate gem with fellow Sicilians who love life as much as they love food. The food itself is always great and sometimes unbelievable. Their rack of wild boar or veal clop in blue cheese crust are to die for. The wine list features some good local wines including great wines made by Alex. The service is always perfect, Angelo and Nora as superstars. The restaurant is rightly popular so you will want to book ahead on the weekend. It often features very good live jazz, which can be a little loud for such an intimate spot. If you haven't already discovered this local gem you must try this place.Special Features:
- Great food!DaveDined on 5/4/2014The food was delicious. Pasta was perfectly al denteSpecial Features:
- almost perfectlovelygem10Dined on 5/3/2014We all had a very nice experience at gormet italia. The only thing we were unhappy about was one of the guys that works there, owner? Manager? Was very rude when we first appeared there. We thought the rest of the night was going to be like that. We had reservations at 7 and we're not seated until 15 minutes after. There was no front desk where we could check in and tell them that were were there for our reservation so we walked in. The guy rudely told us to go outside, which was fine. But we would just like to be told kindly and feel more welcome. Other than that, our experience was pleasent. Our waiter was fantastic, and the food was great. Better than olive garden in our books.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SpotTelosDined on 4/30/2014Although they said they never got the reservation I made on Opentable, Gourmet Italia was more than happy to accommodate our group of 8. The food was awesome, the wine was awesome, the servers were awesome. I will definitely be back there soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great dinner.KathyVIPDined on 4/19/2014We have been to Gourmet Italia three times. Each time it gets better! The live music was a nice touch, but it was a bit too loud. We weren't close to the band, but still had trouble hearing each other talk (party of four). The food was awesome! Service was good too. We tried some of the owner's Pinot Noir, and it was very nice.Special Features:
- Another Amazing MealEnjoyDined on 4/16/2014This is a not to be missed stop in Temecula. We make sure to come in every time we are in town. Great food and service.Special Features:
- First TimersTinaDined on 4/16/2014This was our first time here and I'm glad we found this place. It's not your typical Italian restaurant. It's a bit more special than that. The wine recommendation was great and so was the food. The service was friendly and attentive. If I could change one thing it would be how long it took to get our food. It was a long wait but well worth it. Would we go back, definitely! Make a reservation though. We went on a Wednesday evening and it was very busy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Recommend with reservationzinnerDined on 4/12/2014While our table was ready for our party of 11, and the waiter was good at getting us bread and wine fairly quickly, it was almost two hours before our food was ready. Had some very hungry people ready to devour the food! Everyone was happy with the menu choices, but the wait was really too long. It was a Saturday evening, so a busy night, but still -- two hours! The only other issue was they ran out of the wine we liked. We went through several bottles waiting for dinner to be served, and our first choice was gone after the first two bottles we ordered. The second and third choices we tried were not great. So, I recommend if you are patient.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pricey, but great foodgoodfood4everDined on 4/10/2014Special house salad was delicious. Veal chop was very tender and juicy, but a little overpowered by the gorgonzola crust. Wild boar chop was tasty and perfectly cooked. Chocolate mousse was pretty standard. Nice choice of very good wines. Check for 3 of us was over $250 before tip. Worth it for a special treat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible neighborhood gemth3ch4dDined on 4/9/2014From the moment we arrived the staff was friendly and the ambience set the mood for a romantic date. The wine selection was great. The food was amazing! And they made the night complete with dessert cannolies. Definitely recommend you treat yourself to Gourmet Italia!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 314 reviews are from the Gourmet Italia reviews archive.
- My Fave Italian 4 so MANY REASONS!RebeccaGDined on 3/30/2014I found this place through Yelp a few years ago when bopping around Temecula. I love Italian and have worked at several fine dining restaurants so I am pretty picky. I've now been here for romantic dinners, family celebrations, and most recently my 35th birthday & have always left with a smile on my face. The food is fresh, authentic, and delicious. Every dish had its eater groaning with gustatory pleasure. The service is impeccable. Angelo is a total sweetheart and creates the ultimate experience. He anticipates every need and makes you feel as if your in some long lost relative's home. He knows the menu, the wine, and when to be present. The owners are super sweet and even the busboy was right on time every time. EAT HERE!!!Special Features:
- Excellent restaurant; excellent,OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/26/2014Excellent restaurant; excellent, friendly service; excellent food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.