27499 Ynez Road
Temecula, CA 92591Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://gourmetitaliarestaurants.com/
- Phone: 9516769194
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm, Sunday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm; Dinner: Tuesday -Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Alessandro Prestifilippo
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: Thursday nights: Ron Lovely- Piano/Singer Friday: Sugar Bear & Unlimited Flavor Saturday: Randy & Associates Sunday: Sugar Bear & Unlimited Flavor
A word from Gourmet Italia
Gourmet Italia, experience Italy without ever leaving Temecula. Restauranteur, Alessandro (Alex) Prestifilippo moved to the states from Sicily in 1988. He takes pride in staffing his Sicilian Chef, Fabrizio, faimly friend and server, Angelo Catalano and the rest of his attentive, friendly staff. The menu and wine selection is vast and reasonable and the special dishes vary from Seafood Pescatore, Halibut, Salmon, Filet, Osso bucco, Lamb Shank, Wild Boar, Ostrich, Lobster Ravioli and much more! Visit the website for more about the restaurant, Alex, the menu, specials and cooking class information! Dine with us and you could end up in a picture on the website or Facebook page! :)Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Gourmet Italia - Best Restaurants in Temecula ›
Gourmet Italia reviews from OpenTable diners
56 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (41)romantic (34)special occasion (27)fit for foodies (23)good for groups (18)notable wine list (17)great for lunch (13)hot spot (10)late-night find (7)great for brunch (6)vibrant bar scene (5)scenic view (3)great for outdoor dining (2)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- Louis Prima (he thinks)IdoLVIPDined on 9/9/2014The most notable was Alessandro, The Owner, who thinks he is Louis Prima or any other Italian Great Singer. Sorry, Alex you are not and it is annoying! The food is not fabulous. The salad we shared was good. The rest was not very memorable. My idea of Sicilian cooking did not change. Better look for a Northern Italian cuisine. However Alessandro does make a very good wine. Drink that and take the salad with the pear and bring ear plugs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- California TripMandT4everDined on 9/4/2014This was our second trip to Gourmet Italia. We discovered this restaurant two years ago when we were in Temecula. We came back to Temecula for a vacation and just had to have dinner there again. It was just as we remembered it. The food was absolutely wonderful and the service was outstanding. We made reservations through Open Table and there were no problems at all. I noted in the reservation that this was our 10th wedding anniversary and that we were excited to come back and have dinner there again. They made us feel like we were very special. We received 2 glasses of sparkling wine and and a special desert. We highly recommend this place for the food, service and ambiance.Special Features:
- pleasePattiDined on 8/31/2014The occasion was grandpa's 77th birthday. All three children and grandchildren were there. First time for all of us. The ambience was quiet, elegant old world charm. The food was superb, the only comments were raves and sighs of pleasure. My dish was salmon with a luscious pesto sauce paired with sautéed zucchini. We brought a birthday cake which the server took to the kitchen. At the appropriate time she brought the cake out and presented it to the birthday boy. Then took it back to the kitchen, cut it and served it to us. Go to Yelp for Gourmet Italia and you will see a glowing, descriptive review on Aug. 31 from Erik B of Orange County, my son-in-law.Special Features:
- Feel like your in Italypuddles6506Dined on 8/31/2014Food is authentic and delicious. The food is fresh and everything taste amazing. Great hidden gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic Italian foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014I wish I knew about Gourmet Italia sooner! The food was amazing. I had a favorite authentic Italian place I use to go to in Orange County but it closed. This place is even better! The service and ambiance was great! Ask for Angelo! I went with a group of 8 friends and we all had a great time. We sat in the back where we could hear the live band but still hold conversations. Definitly going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!GandM99Dined on 8/28/2014Went here with a party of 8. We were celebrating 3 birthdays. The food and service was excellent! They even brought out a very nice plate of cannoli's as a birthday treat the family was able to share. Thanks Angelo for making our family celebration special :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant enoughOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/26/2014We were visiting Temecula for the day and chose this restaurant because of the reviews. We weren't disappointed but weren't terribly impressed either. Food and ambience were acceptable. Service was good. I had the Minestrone as an appetizer which proved to be the best dish of the evening. I had the Veal Marsala which was cooked just right but the seasoning was a bit off. Spaghetti Carbonara was "okay" if a bit dry.Special Features:
- Fine ItalianTonysLasVegasDined on 8/24/2014The food was great and the price was reasonable considering the quality and service. We went on a busy night, Saturday, and the service, all thought busy, was still attentive. A real quality job!Special Features:
- Excellent EveningNomNomNomDined on 8/21/2014We booked dinner as a celebration for a "Roast" and it was exceptional. Angelo was particularly helpful with all aspects of the reservation and setup. From technical instrumentation to dessert, Gourmet Italia delivered. The food was delicious and the atmosphere was just what we requested. Definately an A+ evening. Thank you Alex and Angelo.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Italian EVEROpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/19/2014I love delicious food, awesome service, and a perfect ambiance to match. Gourmet Italia is absolutely thee best find in CA. It rivals and even surpasses many five-star resteraunts I've dined at. The pasta is divine. The steak is so flavorful... Their veal chops are heaven! You can dress up to make your experience completely upscale or you can dress a little bit more casual to be comfortable. It doesn't matter, the staff is very warm and inviting. The owner becomes a friend. They have their own wines, herbs, and olive oil that all come from his property.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great treat after wine tastingCokpeatsDined on 8/17/2014We had a delightful time after wine tasting in Temecula. The staff was very attentive and welcoming. All of our entrees were superbly prepared. Would recommend to friendsSpecial Features:
- RosinaVIPDined on 8/14/2014I'm from NY and Italian. That being said, this was the first Italian restaurant that I've tried since moving to CA. I was most pleasantly surprised and almost felt like I was in a NYC eatery. Will definitely be coming back.Special Features:
- Great Food Great PlaceHungryPumaDined on 7/29/2014This is the best Italian restaurant in Temecula. We frequent the this place often and are never disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Italian FoodSusieQDined on 7/27/2014Was in the Temecula area for one night for GF wine tasting weekend. I have been here two other times and food is excellent and wanted to bring my GF's. I made a reservation through Open Table and was seated right away which we appreciated but, was seated two tables from the front door which felt like we were in a fish bowl...everyone passing by including wait staff, too busy of a table to sit and enjoy our meal even though once again our meal was delicious. Our waiter, Giuseppe was attentive which of course helped with our situation. Recommendation: Don't sit so close to the front door, ask to be seated elsewhere. Overall the food and service was good, we enjoyed our evening.Special Features:
- What a great PlacerneugeDined on 7/19/2014The Best in Temecula....The watermelon salad, pasta and service including wine was a hit.Special Features:
- Gail62VIPDined on 7/13/2014This was our second time here and we enjoyed it as much as the first time. The eggplant appetizer was great and my husband had the salmon with bow ties. He loved it. Can't wait to go backSpecial Features:
- Too priceyluv2trynewspotsDined on 7/11/2014Very overpriced. Never spent over $100 before for an Italian meal for 2 people. Soup or salad should be included with dinner like most other restaurants. $10 for an average bean soup not worth it. Entre was ok (veal parmigiana) but not worth $22. Asked for 2 desserts to go (cheesecake), and portion was very small for price of $7 each. Did enjoy the calamares and bread basket. Don't plan on returning.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/10/2014My wife & I had a great time. I had a creative salad that was really great.Special Features:
- What a CelebrationJustMarriedDined on 7/8/2014Upon discovering that wineries in Temecula are closed for dinner on Tuesday night, I came across the restaurant on Yelp! Having been married for just two days, my new husband and I really wanted a place to celebrate. Wow are we lucky we chose Gourmet Italia!! Upon arriving they asked us what we were celebrating, when we told them our marriage, they gave us the best table in the house, and brought us complimentary champagne. From the perfect romantic ambiance, to the delicious food, to the gracious and accomodating staff Gourmet Italia could not have made our night more memorable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceDeliciousItalianDined on 7/5/2014Walked in and the owner greeted us and walked us to our table. We had someone in a wheelchair with us which I mentioned when i made my reservation online and they had a great table with a open space for my friend in the wheelchair. The owner gladly made us feel comfortable and even offered to push her. Then our waiter came and she was very friendly. She told us the specials and made each special sound so delicious! The environment there was very romantic, they had candles everywhere and a live jazz band. Once our food arrived we all tried each others food (the portions were a good size) and loved all of them! Remember to make a reservation if going on the weekends! I got a free delicious dessert for my bday A+!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food in an intimate atmosphereDavidLDined on 6/22/2014This small but wonderful restaurant is a wonderful place for a good Italian meal. The service was excellent and the food was really good with ample portions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The right placegoodfoodieDined on 6/22/2014Gourmet Italia is a favorite of ours - that quaint little "hole in the wall" everyone's looking for - and we chose to introduce our new neighbors/friends to their incredible menu just before seeing Bill Medley perform in town. Our friends have been around the world and particularly love Italian food, so I knew Gourmet Italia would be perfect. The food was amazing, every dish was devoured. And the penne arribiatta (with muscles) that I had in place of my usual Lobster Ravioli (ran out) was out of the park. Ding, ding, ding! Another winner! Thank you Gourmet Italia!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our FavoritesyummygoodnessDined on 6/19/2014My wife and I truly love this restaurant. It has been our date night spot for many years. We don't live in Temecula but when we return to visit it is a must for us. Thank you for creating a great atmosphere and delicious food :-)Special Features:
- Hidden gemQuiteCriticDined on 6/15/2014This restaurant is very Italian. The food was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/15/2014We thoroughly enjoyed this restaurant although it was a tad hard to find.Special Features:
- nicsterDined on 6/15/2014Did not disappoint! The food was FANTASTIC and the services was even better. This will be a special occasion go to for my family and I from now on!Special Features:
- Awesome every time!wineNdineDined on 6/15/2014This restaurant is so outstanding in every way and very consistent as well. I eat here monthly and NEVER have had an experience less than perfection. It compares very favorably to any "big city" famous name italian restaurants. So what are you waiting for---go now!Special Features:
- DeliciousGemmaVIPDined on 6/14/2014The fresh pastas were amazing, it truly is a treat to find restaurants that do their own fresh pastas. From appetizer to dessert, it was 5 star across the board for food. Came here to dine with my family celebrating my nieces' graduation and we all had a great time, the service was wonderful and the food even better! Surely will be back when in and around Temecula!Special Features:
- Felt WelcomedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/10/2014It was my first time in Temecula and I read reviews of great restaurants. Gourmet Italia had high ratings. I never felt so welcomed. The waitress was AMAZING and the food was delicious. My boyfriend and I were celebrating our anniversary. We enjoyed every moment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Italian Food!KristinDined on 6/8/2014Truly a hidden gem!! Great Italian food and ambience!! We will be going there again next time we visit Temecula!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious FoodGail62VIPDined on 6/8/2014Had eaten at their pizzeria a few months back and decided to go for a real Italian meal. We were not disappointed. My husband had the Cioppino and I had Pasta Norma (Pasta with eggplant) Both were fabulous. My husband loved the clams, mussels and calimari. Can't wait to go back. Ask for Marial, she was wonderful and so knowledgable about the specialsSpecial Features:
- Great night outOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/25/2014Huge portions. Way too much food. Price was fine, but I felt like I was wasting food. We were on vacay so couldn't do leftovers.Special Features:
- The following 335 reviews are from the Gourmet Italia reviews archive.
- GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/18/2014Everything was good except even with a reservation we had to wait and didn't get a table next to the live music like we requested. Other than that everything was great.Special Features:
- Great Italian FoodMaryVIPDined on 5/18/2014We've been to this restaurant numerous times and there are reasons why. The food is very good (although I'd warn about Sunday night -- they ran out of shellfish so no seafood pasta). We love the staff -- pretty much all Italian. They give good service and the owner is very funny. They did give us a poor table next to a post so we asked to be moved but, otherwise, it was great and we've loved it in the past.Special Features:
- Ambiance!!PaisanosfromDeLuzDined on 5/11/2014The food is delicious and very fresh. The staff are great!Special Features:
- Disappointing StaffFamilyManDined on 5/11/2014This wasn't our first time at Gourmet Italia, but it was sure our worst! Now, it was a very busy night (at 5:30!), so I can't really blame Alex for canceling our reservation after we were (a mere) 10 minutes late, because we did get seated right away anyway. But that doesn't excuse him from being visibly annoyed that our party of four was two adults and two kids, or seating us all at a cramped and uncomfortable corner table for two. The service was poor. Our server brought me the wrong salad, then disappeared before I could say anything. Then it was a half-hour before our entrees arrived, during which time she never checked in on us. Later she literally turned her back and walked away in the middle of my dessert order. We felt unimportant.
- Comfort FoodfoodisfunDined on 5/11/2014This is a warm and friendly dining experience and the food was delicious and wine selection is excellent. We enjoyed a Siciliana Red.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- loved it!truefoodieDined on 5/11/2014Went for Mothers' Day. Initially, lot's of people and noisy, but activity and noise level calmed down as the crowd thinned. Food and service were excellent and prompt despite the holiday crowd. Companions agreed that it was the "best meal" they "had ever had".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Mothers DaysavagejimVIPDined on 5/11/2014Great server, young Italian guy. Seated by the owner. Great wine list, excellent bruschetta appetizer, could have just ordered a couple more orders of it and called it a day. I had the Lobster Ravioli, was excellent, my wife has the Chicken Parmigiana and our only complaint is that is was pretty bland, hoping that was due to a busy Mothers Day, but overall the experience was great, will definitely go back.Special Features:
- Mother's Day smash hitIlovefoodDined on 5/11/2014Took my wife and two kids here for Mother's Day after church. An overall great experience! The food was to die for!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.