27499 Ynez Road
Temecula, CA 92591Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://gourmetitaliarestaurants.com/
- Phone: (951) 676-9194
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm, Sunday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm; Dinner: Tuesday -Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Alessandro Prestifilippo
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: Thursday nights: Ron Lovely- Piano/Singer Friday: Sugar Bear & Unlimited Flavor Saturday: Randy & Associates Sunday: Sugar Bear & Unlimited Flavor
A word from Gourmet Italia
Gourmet Italia, experience Italy without ever leaving Temecula. Restauranteur, Alessandro (Alex) Prestifilippo moved to the states from Sicily in 1988. He takes pride in staffing his Sicilian Chef, Fabrizio, faimly friend and server, Angelo Catalano and the rest of his attentive, friendly staff. The menu and wine selection is vast and reasonable and the special dishes vary from Seafood Pescatore, Halibut, Salmon, Filet, Osso bucco, Lamb Shank, Wild Boar, Ostrich, Lobster Ravioli and much more! Visit the website for more about the restaurant, Alex, the menu, specials and cooking class information! Dine with us and you could end up in a picture on the website or Facebook page! :)Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Gourmet Italia - Best Restaurants in Temecula ›
Gourmet Italia reviews from OpenTable diners
70 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (53)romantic (36)special occasion (35)fit for foodies (32)notable wine list (29)good for groups (20)hot spot (14)great for lunch (14)late-night find (9)kid-friendly (6)great for outdoor dining (3)great for brunch (2)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- The food and service - just wonderful.ETDTGDined on 11/20/2014What a wonderful experience. Will definitely go back! Our server was just great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We live in Vegas, love going there for dinnerGail62VIPDined on 11/18/2014We so look forward to eating here when we are in Temecula. The food is always spectacular. Wished we had them in VegasSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner dateOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/16/2014Service was wonderful and the owner was very kindaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Strip mall delightOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/16/2014When you see a restaurant in a strip mall you naturally believe it's going to hopefully be acceptable but it's not going to be great. But we read the online reviews which gushed about it and we decided to go there for our anniversary. We were delighted. They seated us at a special table by ourselves, they saw to everything we asked for and added in a slew of extras. And the food was absolutely great. When we return to Temecula we'll definitely make sure we return there too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RunnergirlVIPDined on 11/13/2014We just arrived from the east coast for the half marathon on Saturday and were tired and hungry. Gourmet Italia was superb! Very energetic and friendly service. Our friend's Chilean Sea Bass was perfectly prepared. The restaurant was packed and lively and we could see why.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love!AkazukanDined on 10/28/2014One of the best places to eat in Temecula. Love love love!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Satisfied CustomerDivinityDined on 10/28/2014Excellent food, Friendly service, lively, quaint, romantic. Can accommodate up to 8 people at a time with reservation. Reservation in advance is great because they get busy..a small restaurant yet they accommodate many..The owner is very interactive with customers making it lively and fun. Superb food...it's a restaurant you want to take time and savor your food and the Ambiance . You don't want to be in a hurry when you go here for dinner...Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great ambiance!RachelGDined on 10/26/2014The food was amazing and authentic. It was great to hear Italian being spoken throughout the restaurant. Will definitely come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Italian Restaurant Ive Been ToHoneybearDined on 10/26/2014Gourmet Italia is probably THE BEST italian restaurant I've ever been to. The food was so delicious. And the server knowing it was our first time was very patient and EXTREMELY knowledgeable on ALL the dishes. Alicia was so helpful in finding us the perfect wine, which, I may add, hit the perfect spot with our seafood special pasta & chicken parmaggio. The dessert, it was so exquisite that it made us take our time enjoying bite by bite of the cherry gelato. The service was excellent. We made reservations in advance, so we went straight to our table and didn't have to wait. They even seated us on the more romantic area just as I had requested when I made reservations prior. Everyone was so polite and it made for a memorable evening for us.Special Features:
- tctravelerDined on 10/23/2014This was the second time my husband and I met two dear friends who live in La Jolla for lunch to celebrate joint birthdays. (Temecula is half-way between our resident cities.) Our friends have lived in Italy and speak fluent Italian, as well as appreciate fine Italian food. All four of us have been amazed by the excellence of the meals, and deeply appreciative of the terrific service; for each time we have visited the server has gone out of her way to be friendly, helpful, and accommodating, even moving heavy umbrellas so we could have shade on the patio. This is our spot from now on to celebrate birthdays twice a year!Special Features:
- unexpectedlovemesomeitalianfoodDined on 10/22/2014A very good Authentic Italian place. The waiters are a bit hurried but the food is excellent. Waiter was very helpful with recommendations. Was highly recommended by locals and I see why. Would definitely go back when in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/21/2014I found this restaurant on Yelp, and the reviews on their were spot on!! Such a gem hidden in a strip mall. You feel like you're transported to another world. The ambience is perfect - casual yet elegant and very romantic! The food was amazing, service was great, ambience was absolutely perfect, and they even brought us a free dessert for our anniversary - tiramisu with the message "Happy Anniversary" written in chocolate! Such a perfect dot on the tip of the i of a great evening!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sub Par Servicebookgirl2Dined on 10/11/2014The food was good, but the service was not. It took at least 10 minutes for our waitress to approach our table after being seated. When she finally did she proceeded to tell us about the specials and then quickly left before even taking a drink order. We finally had to flag her down to give her our drink and appetizer order. Our entrees took forever to come out. However, the worst part was when we ordered a very nice 2009 Cabernet and after she had poured our wine we noticed that it was not a 2009 but a 2011. We complained to the owner. He actually told us that it was a wet year and should be good and then walked away. Needless to say, I will not be back. Decent food does not make up for terrible customer service!Special Features:
- Food was good, not great.DockafDined on 10/7/2014Food was good, but I have had better Lasagna. Sauce was a little weak and soupy. My friends had the filet medallions which were excellent. Overall a little noisy. Service was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant!KandMDined on 10/5/2014Our 3rd opportunity to dine there and again it was excellent, we both had the Osso Buco and loved it.Special Features:
- FabGrammy1Dined on 10/5/2014The ambiance was amazing, service incredible and ... too big of portion on the appetizer. Therefore, most of my entrée went home in a box.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OUR NEW ITALIAN RESTAURANT!MrsTNGalDined on 10/4/2014You wouldn't think the food in this strip mall location would be gourmet and the best, but it is!!! The service is excellent, the food is superior! We absolutely love going here for phenomenal Italian food! If you want to impress someone with an impressive meal, go here - you won't regret a single bite!Special Features:
- Real Italian FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/2/2014This restaurant is awesome. Great food and service. Prices are reasonable as well. We will be back.Special Features:
- Italian gem in wine countryMAKaDined on 9/27/2014Situated just minutes from Old Town Temecula, this gem of a restaurant is deceptively unassuming when approaching the front door. Inside one is greeted by a gracious and knowledgeable staff. The food is beyond expectation. We asked the waiter for his suggestions and we're more than pleased with the veal shank and rack of lamb. There is not a better place for Italian food anywhere in the Valley....and we've been here for 30+ yearsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best place to eat in TemeculaPS2TravelDined on 9/25/2014Our favorite place in Temecula. The food is always excellent and we try at least one different thing each time. Alex, Angelo and Mimi are absolutely wonderful snd very attentive. They always make you feel like one of the family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A wonderful dining experienceChefEddiesCritiqueVIPDined on 9/21/2014Great food, terrific service, reasonable prices, nice sized portions. Our server Mimi was outstanding.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/19/2014We came on a friday night after 7 had a reservation when it was really busy. We waited 5 minutes before a host could show us to a table. There was no host at the front greeting guests as they came in. There was other people behind us waiting. Because the place is small there's not really a place to wait except by the front door. There's no host desk either. Overall it was very good and the food was great. It was just the waiting time for a host. On a busy night there should be more than one host.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great italian resto!MorinjoDined on 9/14/2014Best pasta in USA that's for sure! We did appreciate also the owner's red wine! Really good food and wine!Special Features:
- OKOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/14/2014We had high expectations when walking into the restaurant as the decor appeared cozy. Although we did get bread and a yummy olive tapenade, the price for pasta alone was not worth the money. The sauce was ok. Our server irritated us from the beginning as she tried to upsale items. She told my husband that because gnocci's are traditionally "sticky," they sometimes got stuck in peoples' throats and suggested he ordered additional protein items. Not cool.
- Great food and great service!jhlsdDined on 9/12/2014For many years, Gourmet Italia has never failed to please. A recent visit showed that this remains true. The food was great. The menu offers a variety sure to please everyone. This visit I had the specials of the day - beet and watermelon salad and a veal chop. Both were delicious and well prepared and presented. The service is great as well - attentive and friendly. Everyone in our group had a great meal and an enjoyable visit.Special Features:
- Louis Prima (he thinks)IdoLVIPDined on 9/9/2014The most notable was Alessandro, The Owner, who thinks he is Louis Prima or any other Italian Great Singer. Sorry, Alex you are not and it is annoying! The food is not fabulous. The salad we shared was good. The rest was not very memorable. My idea of Sicilian cooking did not change. Better look for a Northern Italian cuisine. However Alessandro does make a very good wine. Drink that and take the salad with the pear and bring ear plugs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- California TripMandT4everDined on 9/4/2014This was our second trip to Gourmet Italia. We discovered this restaurant two years ago when we were in Temecula. We came back to Temecula for a vacation and just had to have dinner there again. It was just as we remembered it. The food was absolutely wonderful and the service was outstanding. We made reservations through Open Table and there were no problems at all. I noted in the reservation that this was our 10th wedding anniversary and that we were excited to come back and have dinner there again. They made us feel like we were very special. We received 2 glasses of sparkling wine and and a special desert. We highly recommend this place for the food, service and ambiance.Special Features:
- pleasePattiDined on 8/31/2014The occasion was grandpa's 77th birthday. All three children and grandchildren were there. First time for all of us. The ambience was quiet, elegant old world charm. The food was superb, the only comments were raves and sighs of pleasure. My dish was salmon with a luscious pesto sauce paired with sautéed zucchini. We brought a birthday cake which the server took to the kitchen. At the appropriate time she brought the cake out and presented it to the birthday boy. Then took it back to the kitchen, cut it and served it to us. Go to Yelp for Gourmet Italia and you will see a glowing, descriptive review on Aug. 31 from Erik B of Orange County, my son-in-law.Special Features:
- Feel like your in Italypuddles6506Dined on 8/31/2014Food is authentic and delicious. The food is fresh and everything taste amazing. Great hidden gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic Italian foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014I wish I knew about Gourmet Italia sooner! The food was amazing. I had a favorite authentic Italian place I use to go to in Orange County but it closed. This place is even better! The service and ambiance was great! Ask for Angelo! I went with a group of 8 friends and we all had a great time. We sat in the back where we could hear the live band but still hold conversations. Definitly going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!GandM99Dined on 8/28/2014Went here with a party of 8. We were celebrating 3 birthdays. The food and service was excellent! They even brought out a very nice plate of cannoli's as a birthday treat the family was able to share. Thanks Angelo for making our family celebration special :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant enoughOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/26/2014We were visiting Temecula for the day and chose this restaurant because of the reviews. We weren't disappointed but weren't terribly impressed either. Food and ambience were acceptable. Service was good. I had the Minestrone as an appetizer which proved to be the best dish of the evening. I had the Veal Marsala which was cooked just right but the seasoning was a bit off. Spaghetti Carbonara was "okay" if a bit dry.Special Features:
- Fine ItalianTonysLasVegasDined on 8/24/2014The food was great and the price was reasonable considering the quality and service. We went on a busy night, Saturday, and the service, all thought busy, was still attentive. A real quality job!Special Features:
- Excellent EveningNomNomNomDined on 8/21/2014We booked dinner as a celebration for a "Roast" and it was exceptional. Angelo was particularly helpful with all aspects of the reservation and setup. From technical instrumentation to dessert, Gourmet Italia delivered. The food was delicious and the atmosphere was just what we requested. Definately an A+ evening. Thank you Alex and Angelo.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Italian EVEROpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/19/2014I love delicious food, awesome service, and a perfect ambiance to match. Gourmet Italia is absolutely thee best find in CA. It rivals and even surpasses many five-star resteraunts I've dined at. The pasta is divine. The steak is so flavorful... Their veal chops are heaven! You can dress up to make your experience completely upscale or you can dress a little bit more casual to be comfortable. It doesn't matter, the staff is very warm and inviting. The owner becomes a friend. They have their own wines, herbs, and olive oil that all come from his property.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great treat after wine tastingCokpeatsDined on 8/17/2014We had a delightful time after wine tasting in Temecula. The staff was very attentive and welcoming. All of our entrees were superbly prepared. Would recommend to friendsSpecial Features:
- RosinaVIPDined on 8/14/2014I'm from NY and Italian. That being said, this was the first Italian restaurant that I've tried since moving to CA. I was most pleasantly surprised and almost felt like I was in a NYC eatery. Will definitely be coming back.Special Features:
- Great Food Great PlaceHungryPumaDined on 7/29/2014This is the best Italian restaurant in Temecula. We frequent the this place often and are never disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 354 reviews are from the Gourmet Italia reviews archive.
- Great Italian FoodSusieQDined on 7/27/2014Was in the Temecula area for one night for GF wine tasting weekend. I have been here two other times and food is excellent and wanted to bring my GF's. I made a reservation through Open Table and was seated right away which we appreciated but, was seated two tables from the front door which felt like we were in a fish bowl...everyone passing by including wait staff, too busy of a table to sit and enjoy our meal even though once again our meal was delicious. Our waiter, Giuseppe was attentive which of course helped with our situation. Recommendation: Don't sit so close to the front door, ask to be seated elsewhere. Overall the food and service was good, we enjoyed our evening.Special Features:
- What a great PlacerneugeDined on 7/19/2014The Best in Temecula....The watermelon salad, pasta and service including wine was a hit.Special Features: